FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > cancer

cancer

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

well as a cancer sufferer, thankfully in remishion, the gov has said that covid will take prioity over existing patiants in the battle against covid, seems a bit shourt sited, ive had countless appointments postponed with no new date set.

my question is, are we going to let everyone who has not got covid now get second rate health care, it certainly feels like it to me, im due some very important treatments, but most have been put off untill next year, im not going to get better without help, what do i do now, or do i just die quietly in a courner

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This is so wrong and so sad

The world seems to be so obsessed by Covid that everyone else is now just pushed aside

By *esali2019Couple  over a year ago

Chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 06/10/20 21:22:11]

By *esali2019Couple  over a year ago

Chelmsford

I am sorry to read that you have had cancer, although it is good to know it is in remission.

I would like to believe, however, that the intention is to triage patients. We should treat those patients who are most at risk regardless of illness.

In the case of covid-19 it can kill some people, with comorbidities, in a matter of days.

By *wosWoman  over a year ago

east london

I haven't had any treatment since July..new treatment was meant to be starting..everything is just going so slow, appointments changed scanners breaking..am fingers crossed that it will all be sorted soon ..

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

[Removed by poster at 06/10/20 21:27:44]

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I really feel for you OP. I sincerely hope you make a full recovery

I think the way the cancer treatments, and other illness treatments and operations are being delayed is disgusting.

It's seems only Covid matters, which is ridiculous.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"I really feel for you OP. I sincerely hope you make a full recovery

I think the way the cancer treatments, and other illness treatments and operations are being delayed is disgusting.

It's seems only Covid matters, which is ridiculous."

We feel for anyone who has treatment delayed and wish you all well.

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

We built the nightingale hospitals to cope with extra demand. Surely now we should use them, and keep all the regular hospitals for treatment that has already been planned or put off due to covid.

People are still getting ill from other problems aswell. It's almost like no other illness exists now.

The more this goes on I'm sure we will look back and realise how badly we have handled this whole pandemic

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I haven't had any treatment since July..new treatment was meant to be starting..everything is just going so slow, appointments changed scanners breaking..am fingers crossed that it will all be sorted soon .. "

cant see it anytime soon, my next appointment has been pushed to feb next year

This is ridiculous and so wrong. In their attempts to keep covid numbers down they are not thinking of the non covid numbers that are suffering

I hope those that need treatments get them and soon.

By *3xymamaWoman  over a year ago

Uptown Top Ranking

Where I work we are doing our usual work now. Our waiting lists have gotten longer due to our regular schedule being put on hold at the start of C19. We are finding now though that even though we are asking patients to come in for procedures a lot are declining due to their worries about getting the virus. What worries us staff about this, is that a lot of these patients were classed as urgent suspected cancers

"We built the nightingale hospitals to cope with extra demand. Surely now we should use them, and keep all the regular hospitals for treatment that has already been planned or put off due to covid.

People are still getting ill from other problems aswell. It's almost like no other illness exists now.

The more this goes on I'm sure we will look back and realise how badly we have handled this whole pandemic"

We don’t have the people to staff both the real hospitals and the publicity stun... I mean Nightingales.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

It doesn't help when people are catching sars-cov-2 in hospital when they have been admitted with co morbidities that need treatment. I do think the covid hospitals should be admitting patients now to leave some hospitals covid secure for other treatments.

The nhs will be playing catch up on health issues for years to come

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

Ive had 3 appointments cancelled at cancer clinic

By *wosWoman  over a year ago

east london

"I haven't had any treatment since July..new treatment was meant to be starting..everything is just going so slow, appointments changed scanners breaking..am fingers crossed that it will all be sorted soon ..

cant see it anytime soon, my next appointment has been pushed to feb next year"

Hopefully not that long .. should be starting on 15th if they can fit scan in before then ...

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"We built the nightingale hospitals to cope with extra demand. Surely now we should use them, and keep all the regular hospitals for treatment that has already been planned or put off due to covid.

The more this goes on I'm sure we will look back and realise how badly we have handled this whole pandemic"

And you think the NHS can cope with both of these?

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

It's almost as if we've become so blinded by the problem in front of us (Covid) that we can't see or choose to ignore the bigger problems stacking up in the near future

By *arahspiceCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Things are getting prioratarised unfortunately but all illnesses are being assessed and balanced with the risk of going into a hospital environment

I was diagnosed with stage 4 kidney cancer in April 2019

Only found it by sheer fluke

No symptoms whatsoever

6 inch tumour on my right kidney at first they thought it had spread to my lungs (metastatic) given 18 months to live

Luckily it hadn't spread to my lungs

So on May 22 2019 they removed the kidney and tumour

And I have been great ever since had 2 scans and been told I don't need another scan until May 2021

I am just grateful this happened to me when it did

Just an aside 42k people have died related to Covid

SAGE have said 75k will die due to people with disease other than covid due to lack of appointments and care

Don't ask for a link as I really can't remember where I read it

It may have been on here

By *om girlCouple (FF)  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

Its a F----- joke

I hate going on and having my Rants and sick of people blaming each other coz the Media and government.

More people will die from missed hospital appointments than covid

And were supportedto have Nightingale Hospital build so why are they not in use for Nag log of missed appointments and treatments

Cos this government hasn't got a F---- clue

The sadness i feel for people like you and thousands more

"Its a F----- joke

I hate going on and having my Rants and sick of people blaming each other coz the Media and government.

And were supportedto have Nightingale Hospital build so why are they not in use for Nag log of missed appointments and treatments

"

Because there were never enough staff for the Nightingales, they were a publicity stunt.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think presently that they are just playing slow catch-up. I've cancer too but think that the situation is the fault of us under-investing for 10 years and then being hit with a predictable, though infrequent crisis that overloaded everything.

The call for opening everything up, to supposedly shield a select group of vulnerable people misses the point that the general population getting on with life and facing the virus, would again overwhelm our health services, hitting services for cancer, through to A&E etc.

Better to manage a more predictable outbreak, whilst catching up.

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Cancer research highlighted 2.4 million are waiting longer for cancer tests or treatment. Meanwhile GP's have identified 30k excess deaths at home since March, less than 1 in 10 was linked to Covid and sadly this will be the tip of an iceberg that will continue to grow unless a more pragmatic view is taken.

https://www.gponline.com/gps-urge-government-consider-indirect-covid-19-harms-lockdown-decisions/article/1696300

"Its a F----- joke

Because there were never enough staff for the Nightingales, they were a publicity stunt."

nonsense, wards are closed down in hospitals due to lack of patients and ward staff are deployed elsewhere

this is fact for PRI, Ninewells & Arbroath hospitals.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

My friend has cancer and today had a big op with 4 different surgens from diffrent departments operating on her ,if they were to treat all covid cases in the nightingale hospitals and free the beds up for people who need cancer treatment it would make more sense, the nhs will buckle under the winter pressure, it does every year and even more so with covid.

liverpool

"Its a F----- joke

Because there were never enough staff for the Nightingales, they were a publicity stunt.

nonsense, wards are closed down in hospitals due to lack of patients and ward staff are deployed elsewhere

this is fact for PRI, Ninewells & Arbroath hospitals. "

And some have nearly been overwhelmed.

liverpool

"My friend has cancer and today had a big op with 4 different surgens from diffrent departments operating on her ,if they were to treat all covid cases in the nightingale hospitals and free the beds up for people who need cancer treatment it would make more sense, the nhs will buckle under the winter pressure, it does every year and even more so with covid. "

I think its staffing which is the issue?

» Add a new message to this topic