FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Has anyone had a message yet from the NHS-19 App?

Has anyone had a message yet from the NHS-19 App?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

I know one person that has. And she is now isolating.

I notice from the 'Exposure Checks List' in just one day it queried 5,670 keys (I was in Liverpool Shopping) Thankfully 0 Matches.

So it appears many thousands just in one small area really - Liverpool City Centre - have downloaded the app and are using it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I know one person that has. And she is now isolating.

I notice from the 'Exposure Checks List' in just one day it queried 5,670 keys (I was in Liverpool Shopping) Thankfully 0 Matches.

So it appears many thousands just in one small area really - Liverpool City Centre - have downloaded the app and are using it.

"

No but since I downloaded it I've had 3 unsolicited phone calls from 3 different unknown numbers who don't leave a message. Possibly coincidencd, possibly not.

No but since I downloaded it I've had 3 unsolicited phone calls from 3 different unknown numbers who don't leave a message. Possibly coincidencd, possibly not. "

By *reampie_vickyTV/TS  over a year ago

Wigan

I would never download that app to let a government I did not vote for spy on me

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I would never download that app to let a government I did not vote for spy on me"

Then you'll be fine downloading the NHS app. It has no ability to let the government "spy" on you.

"I would never download that app to let a government I did not vote for spy on me

Then you'll be fine downloading the NHS app. It has no ability to let the government "spy" on you. "

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"I would never download that app to let a government I did not vote for spy on me

Then you'll be fine downloading the NHS app. It has no ability to let the government "spy" on you. "

Do you use google?

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Tried to download on my own phone - not enough memory. Tried to download on my work iPhone - type of app not permitted on a company phone (that was after downloading and trying to set up). I've given up for now.

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"I would never download that app to let a government I did not vote for spy on me"

You're on the internet. I have news for you.

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

I've had a message from the app.

I could only read the few words that were in the notification. I touched the notification to go to the message and it disappeared and simply opened the app with nowhere to view any messages.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

You're on the internet. I have news for you."

it does make me laugh people with a smartphone , have a store card,a car, on facebook etc wont download an app to help everyone in the country because they think they are being spied upon.

Had a message to download app. No thanks

And had calls. When I call it says I've dialled an incorrect number.

Had a letter from NHS saying I can go and get my boobs tested. I rang and said it's okay love I joined fab for that.

"I've had a message from the app.

I could only read the few words that were in the notification. I touched the notification to go to the message and it disappeared and simply opened the app with nowhere to view any messages.

"

Search this

I have received a notification about “COVID-19 exposure logging”, “COVID-19 exposure notifications” or “Possible COVID-19 exposure” - what does this mean?

Apparently if you receive an 'Important' message it will be stored in the app.

"Had a message to download app. No thanks

And had calls. When I call it says I've dialled an incorrect number.

Had a letter from NHS saying I can go and get my boobs tested. I rang and said it's okay love I joined fab for that. "

That's not funny, do not mock breast screening.My friend died of breast cancer this year

In case people don't know . . . in Android if you select SETTINGS then scroll down to GOOGLE you can see the 'COVID-19 exposure notifications' the one with the Red Virus Icon at the top of the list . . . touch it and you can see lots of dates and open each one to see what other keys (Bluetooth contacts) it has scanned while you are out and about. You can also delete them if you wish. Or reset your own key to another random one.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've not seen any messages yet on mine

North West

This might inform some re: the apparent disappearing alerts:

BBC News - Disappearing Covid-19 app alerts cause alarm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54389083

[Removed by poster at 03/10/20 15:35:40]

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Nope, but then we haven't and wont be downloading it.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I've had 129 exposure notifications, the last one being at 4.15 today which is odd because I didn't have Bluetooth or location turned on.

When I looked it asked me to do my fingerprint to prove it was me ~ I've never put my finger print on my phone. What's going on???

"I've had 129 exposure notifications, the last one being at 4.15 today which is odd because I didn't have Bluetooth or location turned on.

When I looked it asked me to do my fingerprint to prove it was me ~ I've never put my finger print on my phone. What's going on??? "

Remember it's linked to your Google account. It was written into the framework of the app.

I downloaded the app and instantly had the following message -

LOL! You've got nothing to worry about Billy no mates, you've gotta have some sort of social life to catch Covid.

To save space on your phone this app will now uninstall.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

You're on the internet. I have news for you.it does make me laugh people with a smartphone , have a store card,a car, on facebook etc wont download an app to help everyone in the country because they think they are being spied upon. "

Is stupididy a symptom ?

North West

You're on the internet. I have news for you.it does make me laugh people with a smartphone , have a store card,a car, on facebook etc wont download an app to help everyone in the country because they think they are being spied upon.

Is stupididy a symptom ?"

Yes

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

They do not need this app to do that

"In case people don't know . . . in Android if you select SETTINGS then scroll down to GOOGLE you can see the 'COVID-19 exposure notifications' the one with the Red Virus Icon at the top of the list . . . touch it and you can see lots of dates and open each one to see what other keys (Bluetooth contacts) it has scanned while you are out and about. You can also delete them if you wish. Or reset your own key to another random one."

I have an android and for the life of me I can't find settings on it, I had the same as the person further up,a notification and I clicked on it (with a slight panic) and nothing,cannot find anything!

Danish x

"In case people don't know . . . in Android if you select SETTINGS then scroll down to GOOGLE you can see the 'COVID-19 exposure notifications' the one with the Red Virus Icon at the top of the list . . . touch it and you can see lots of dates and open each one to see what other keys (Bluetooth contacts) it has scanned while you are out and about. You can also delete them if you wish. Or reset your own key to another random one.

I have an android and for the life of me I can't find settings on it, I had the same as the person further up,a notification and I clicked on it (with a slight panic) and nothing,cannot find anything!

Danish x"

Simply slide your finger from the top of your phone downwards - and settings is the COG wheel on the top right.

By *r Discreet 75Man  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

I've had 2 messages and they disappeared when I clicked on them I shit myself thinking I have to isolate. But there's a glitch in the app I'll try and post the link to the story

By *r Discreet 75Man  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-some-users-of-nhs-tracing-app-incorrectly-given-covid-19-exposure-alerts-12086225#aoh=16015820234065&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"I've had 129 exposure notifications, the last one being at 4.15 today which is odd because I didn't have Bluetooth or location turned on.

When I looked it asked me to do my fingerprint to prove it was me ~ I've never put my finger print on my phone. What's going on???

Remember it's linked to your Google account. It was written into the framework of the app. "

Don't think I have a Google account so how will it work

By *EloveMan  over a year ago

Pool of Life

"I downloaded the app and instantly had the following message -

LOL! You've got nothing to worry about Billy no mates, you've gotta have some sort of social life to catch Covid.

To save space on your phone this app will now uninstall."

Haha - having no friends can have its benefits

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"

5,670 potential transmission contacts on one shopping trip! And only 10% of the population have the app... That density of interactions shows the very reason why those that argue we should have followed Sweden don’t know what they are talking about!

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Remember it's linked to your Google account. It was written into the framework of the app.

Don't think I have a Google account so how will it work "

If you have an android phone google has an account on you..

"In case people don't know . . . in Android if you select SETTINGS then scroll down to GOOGLE you can see the 'COVID-19 exposure notifications' the one with the Red Virus Icon at the top of the list . . . touch it and you can see lots of dates and open each one to see what other keys (Bluetooth contacts) it has scanned while you are out and about. You can also delete them if you wish. Or reset your own key to another random one.

Danish x

Simply slide your finger from the top of your phone downwards - and settings is the COG wheel on the top right."

Many thanks! I was looking on the actual app lol. Thanks again x

Danish x

Simply slide your finger from the top of your phone downwards - and settings is the COG wheel on the top right.

Many thanks! I was looking on the actual app lol. Thanks again x"

My Pleasure.

» Add a new message to this topic