FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Shipman Files

Shipman Files

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've just watched the last episode of the shipman files,which I'd recommend you to watch on iplayer if not seen already.

Now what's shipman doing on a virus thread I hear you say. Well it's quite relevant to what happened to the old in care homes. And a lot of younger views that they would gladly sacrifice,as the comparisons are all there in the concluding episode.

If you have watched I would welcome your views on it...if not try and watch it on iplayer

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Whilst we both recall it and paid attention as well as being shocked at the time, one of us being NHS the sheer incompetence of the system at the time was terrible and yes the similarities about the attitude towards the elderly by both some individuals and the state are telling..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I saw it too and had been thinking of the parallels, as they had become more of an inconvenience that had been promoted in society. It's been sickening this year

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's television ffs. Entertainment and brain washing! Turn the telly off! .... The truth rarely gets broadcasted on television

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"It's television ffs. Entertainment and brain washing! Turn the telly off! .... The truth rarely gets broadcasted on television "

So you don't believe Dr Shipman murdered people ?

"It's television ffs. Entertainment and brain washing! Turn the telly off! .... The truth rarely gets broadcasted on television

So you don't believe Dr Shipman murdered people ?"

of course he did. But try not to get your facts from the telly.

in Lancashire

"It's television ffs. Entertainment and brain washing! Turn the telly off! .... The truth rarely gets broadcasted on television

of course he did. But try not to get your facts from the telly. "

What facts presented in the series do you think not accurate?

This was a documentary that was in depth researched...but you feel free to comment on something that you clearly have not seem by dismissing it as just "television ". About par for the course when the whole thread was if and when watched to comment on it.

Some just cant resist to comment on every thread that comes up

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I haven’t seen it as wasn’t aware of it, so thank you for flagging it.

It’s something I remember quite clearly and how someone could get away with it for so long

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

He only got caught because he got greedy and forged a will. Otherwise he could have carried on even longer.

"Whilst we both recall it and paid attention as well as being shocked at the time, one of us being NHS the sheer incompetence of the system at the time was terrible and yes the similarities about the attitude towards the elderly by both some individuals and the state are telling.."

Yes I totally agree...it seems he was at his own personal genocide programme from being a student...the worrying thing was he was just one man who got found out in a system that made it so easy to do without being questioned

"I saw it too and had been thinking of the parallels, as they had become more of an inconvenience that had been promoted in society. It's been sickening this year "

It's the attitudes of quite a few that allows these thing to happen in stealth in my view..

"I haven’t seen it as wasn’t aware of it, so thank you for flagging it.

It’s something I remember quite clearly and how someone could get away with it for so long"

It's worth watching if you can fish it up on iplayer...as a lot seem to say on here...it will open your eyes.

"He only got caught because he got greedy and forged a will. Otherwise he could have carried on even longer. "

It seemed he was on a mission from his very early days to cull the ageing community. Death certificates with cause of death being "old age" made it very easy to do.

Watching it now.

He would be handy if still around at present time. The cause of death could be recorded as Shipman, just think of all the covid figures re cause of death dropping.

"He would be handy if still around at present time. The cause of death could be recorded as Shipman, just think of all the covid figures re cause of death dropping. "

he wasnt so bad was he.

friendly man, everyone liked him.

pity he not about now as he would be helping to clear out the deadwood

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"he wasnt so bad was he.

friendly man, everyone liked him.

pity he not about now as he would be helping to clear out the deadwood"

People on this thread saying its a shame the country's worst ever serial killer isnt still with us

I despair of my fellow humans

Really

"People on this thread saying its a shame the country's worst ever serial killer isnt still with us

Really"

I think our comments were meant a bit 'tounge n cheek'

"People on this thread saying its a shame the country's worst ever serial killer isnt still with us

Really

I think our comments were meant a bit 'tounge n cheek' "

Yeah

My tounge is always firmly in my cheek

Really

Yeah

My tounge is always firmly in my cheek"

Theres a time for tongue in cheek but when what looks like around a 1000 healthy people were probably killed by this bloke....now is not the time for it and if they had watched the documentary I very much doubt they would have made such a crass remark.

Really

Yeah

Theres a time for tongue in cheek but when what looks like around a 1000 healthy people were probably killed by this bloke....now is not the time for it and if they had watched the documentary I very much doubt they would have made such a crass remark. "

Whether they had watched it or not, those remarks speak volumes about them

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

Really

Yeah

Theres a time for tongue in cheek but when what looks like around a 1000 healthy people were probably killed by this bloke....now is not the time for it and if they had watched the documentary I very much doubt they would have made such a crass remark.

Whether they had watched it or not, those remarks speak volumes about them"

Welcome to the internet, where people are brave enough to say things they wouldn't dare say in person. Edgy humour doesn't work when you're over 18. It just makes you look a horrible person. But hey, what can you do. Water finds it's own level.

in Lancashire

Really

Yeah

Welcome to the internet, where people are brave enough to say things they wouldn't dare say in person. Edgy humour doesn't work when you're over 18. It just makes you look a horrible person. But hey, what can you do. Water finds it's own level."

Pond life and amoeba thrive in such..

"Watching it now. "

What did you think?

Really

Yeah

Welcome to the internet, where people are brave enough to say things they wouldn't dare say in person. Edgy humour doesn't work when you're over 18. It just makes you look a horrible person. But hey, what can you do. Water finds it's own level.

Pond life and amoeba thrive in such.. "

You guys want to chill out a bit more, some people

"Watching it now.

What did you think?"

I don't recall suspicions of him killing children.

It'd be interesting to have a psychological profile drawn up. It's doubtful he was the only doctor in the past that murdered patients. Let's hope they are far and few between.

Really

Yeah

Pond life and amoeba thrive in such..

You guys want to chill out a bit more, some people "

Theres a history of comedians finding humour from dark places.

"Watching it now.

What did you think?

It'd be interesting to have a psychological profile drawn up. It's doubtful he was the only doctor in the past that murdered patients. Let's hope they are far and few between.

"

No I dont remember that either,but I can quite believed it occurred.

I also think there will have and still is doctors worked/working in the NHS who have so far escaped getting caught,but what gets me was the views that were around regarding a ageing population.

It gives me a shiver thinking about it.

By *okemanGoMan  over a year ago

Willenhall

That's right get them from Youtube instead.

By *lbinoGorillaMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"Watching it now.

What did you think?

"

I suppose it depends on what the doctor's motives would be. If it was induced death through compassion then it would be harder to feel any revulsion at the crime itself. I remember my gran telling me her mother was in such agony with advanced cancer at the end the GP asked if she'd had enough, and she replied yes, so he gave her an injection (presumably diamorphine) and told the family she wouldn't wake up again. And didn't, and the family were grateful that the suffering had ended.

But contrast that with Shipman, who seemingly just wanted to rid the world of old people for the sakeof it. Otherwise perfectly healthy people.

But as you say, this programme raises serious concerns about how we view the elderly in this country

By *EloveMan  over a year ago

Pool of Life

It wasnt just the elderly though, and what scared me as much as prejudice attitudes about groups of people was the blind complicity and faith put in someone cause they were in authority, allowing them to continue unstopped.

Good documentary on a very dark aspect of psychy.

One of the best documentaries aired in recent times.

An emotive subject as it does highlight issues from the past in how as a country things like this happened.

The GMC not striking him off for his criminal drug addiction.

The failure of the original police investigation.

The blind faith we have to certain professionals and thereby we are all culpable to so many things, even now.

The attempt by the health minister and the Home Secretary to hide these failings with a private enquiry. The shame we should feel that those proven to have had relatives killed had to take the government of the time to court to get a public enquiry.

It does have parallels with today.

Regardless of which party you voted (that’s not the point) they are in charge at the worst medical emergency we have had in decades.

And yes there is a debate on how when we focus on Covid we are letting others die in greater numbers.

The elected government of today has boycotted parliament in creating rules that remove freedom that are part of our constitution without debate or discussion. They have introduced and created issues from some of these law changes that have no medical facts behind them. A fact, people leave bars at the more traditional time less crowded as the extra hour allows a greater dispersion of those in bars. We have grown accustomed to being in bars later. Our behaviour reflects this. But we are forced to leave as a crowd now. Again, based on no scientific evidence.

It was a great programme. Well researched and well delivered.

I wonder how many of today’s actions across our country will be exposed as illegal and not thought through by future documentary makers.

By *ent in BlackMan  over a year ago

Silsden

"I've just watched the last episode of the shipman files,which I'd recommend you to watch on iplayer if not seen already.

Now what's shipman doing on a virus thread I hear you say. Well it's quite relevant to what happened to the old in care homes. And a lot of younger views that they would gladly sacrifice,as the comparisons are all there in the concluding episode.

If you have watched I would welcome your views on it...if not try and watch it on iplayer

"

I remember him getting caught, I was in the RAF at the time. What he did was awful. It’s a shame his victims families never got to see justice.

By *EloveMan  over a year ago

Pool of Life

"One of the best documentaries aired in recent times.

An emotive subject as it does highlight issues from the past in how as a country things like this happened.

The blind faith we have to certain professionals and thereby we are all culpable to so many things, even now.

The attempt by the health minister and the Home Secretary to hide these failings with a private enquiry. The shame we should feel that those proven to have had relatives killed had to take the government of the time to court to get a public enquiry.

Regardless of which party you voted (that’s not the point) they are in charge at the worst medical emergency we have had in decades.

And yes there is a debate on how when we focus on Covid we are letting others die in greater numbers.

The elected government of today has boycotted parliament in creating rules that remove freedom that are part of our constitution without debate or discussion. They have introduced and created issues from some of these law changes that have no medical facts behind them. A fact, people leave bars at the more traditional time less crowded as the extra hour allows a greater dispersion of those in bars. We have grown accustomed to being in bars later. Our behaviour reflects this. But we are forced to leave as a crowd now. Again, based on no scientific evidence.

I wonder how many of today’s actions across our country will be exposed as illegal and not thought through by future documentary makers. "

Instant hotlist with that comment- could not agree more -with everything - and so well put.

(Off Topic - you also have lovely pictures)

I wonder how many of today’s actions across our country will be exposed as illegal and not thought through by future documentary makers.

Instant hotlist with that comment- could not agree more -with everything - and so well put.

(Off Topic - you also have lovely pictures)"

Thank you for both positives. X

[Removed by poster at 02/10/20 09:50:11]

I wonder how many of today’s actions across our country will be exposed as illegal and not thought through by future documentary makers. "

What a good post...you nailed it.

I'm of a age to remember this coming to light,but no body knew the extent of this killing campaign. And your bang on with the great investigative journalism which brought this to light...not bad for off the "telly" eh

in Lancashire

Spot on with this post..

» Add a new message to this topic