FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > £1000 fines for breaking isolation LAW and 10,000 for repeat offenders

£1000 fines for breaking isolation LAW and 10,000 for repeat offenders

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thought I'd reboot this as it's just been on news that 2 separate people have been fined a £1000 for breaking isolation today...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

https://www.wigantoday.net/news/crime/police-hand-ps1000-fines-businessman-and-school-worker-who-failed-quarantine-after-trips-abroad-2981361

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Thought I'd reboot this as it's just been on news that 2 separate people have been fined a £1000 for breaking isolation today..."

Good job!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If im btwn jobs do i have to pay!

chelmsford

"If im btwn jobs do i have to pay!"

No one has to pay If they don't break the rules

"If im btwn jobs do i have to pay!

No one has to pay If they don't break the rules "

Spot on

We all know the rules and breaking it just endangers others

Don't panic, when none of us have a job left to go to the fines will be irrelevant along with the traveling

chelmsford

"Don't panic, when none of us have a job left to go to the fines will be irrelevant along with the traveling "

Doesn't mean you shouldn't be fined if you choose to break the law.

"Don't panic, when none of us have a job left to go to the fines will be irrelevant along with the traveling

Doesn't mean you shouldn't be fined if you choose to break the law."

Well there is that, let's just hope all these protesters also get 1000 quid and 10,000 repeat offending fines hey

chelmsford

"Don't panic, when none of us have a job left to go to the fines will be irrelevant along with the traveling

Doesn't mean you shouldn't be fined if you choose to break the law..

Well there is that, let's just hope all these protesters also get 1000 quid and 10,000 repeat offending fines hey

"

Let's hope so..

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"

Yes, down with democracy !

People wouldn't go out and about armed with a knife and stabbing a few along the way knowingly...going out and mixing when you know you are or maybe infected is the same thing...

chelmsford

"People wouldn't go out and about armed with a knife and stabbing a few along the way knowingly...going out and mixing when you know you are or maybe infected is the same thing... "

Yep

"People wouldn't go out and about armed with a knife and stabbing a few along the way knowingly...going out and mixing when you know you are or maybe infected is the same thing... "

Thank God your not a trial judge

"People wouldn't go out and about armed with a knife and stabbing a few along the way knowingly...going out and mixing when you know you are or maybe infected is the same thing... .

Thank God your not a trial judge "

I'd be putting my black cap on with the feckers

chelmsford

"People wouldn't go out and about armed with a knife and stabbing a few along the way knowingly...going out and mixing when you know you are or maybe infected is the same thing... .

I'd be putting my black cap on with the feckers "

You would too

I'd be putting my black cap on with the feckers "

You got the right name

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

I bet half the people on here saying hammer them with fines etc, as they know the risk, they COULD pose, have all done above 40 in a 30 zone, knowing the risk they COULD pose to others.. would they say a grand fine for speeding is ott, when speed is the biggest killer on our roads. The ifs, buts, what why's and maybes of this thing are now beyond laughable.

chelmsford

"I bet half the people on here saying hammer them with fines etc, as they know the risk, they COULD pose, have all done above 40 in a 30 zone, knowing the risk they COULD pose to others.. would they say a grand fine for speeding is ott, when speed is the biggest killer on our roads. The ifs, buts, what why's and maybes of this thing are now beyond laughable."

Well I'm not one of them and I don't think a £1000 fine is ott for breaking that law. It is 30 for a reason

midlands

"I bet half the people on here saying hammer them with fines etc, as they know the risk, they COULD pose, have all done above 40 in a 30 zone, knowing the risk they COULD pose to others.. would they say a grand fine for speeding is ott, when speed is the biggest killer on our roads. The ifs, buts, what why's and maybes of this thing are now beyond laughable.

Well I'm not one of them and I don't think a £1000 fine is ott for breaking that law. It is 30 for a reason

"

I bet youve broke it more than once though hey. My point being, people choose whst laws or guidelines are acceptable to break, and others will have a different view. Me, if i want 7 folks in my home i will. But i wint do 60 in a 30. Others wont have more than 6 at home but will dtive like pricks and think thsts acceptable.. both COULD result in injury/illness/death, but the chances are, they wont

chelmsford

"I bet half the people on here saying hammer them with fines etc, as they know the risk, they COULD pose, have all done above 40 in a 30 zone, knowing the risk they COULD pose to others.. would they say a grand fine for speeding is ott, when speed is the biggest killer on our roads. The ifs, buts, what why's and maybes of this thing are now beyond laughable.

I bet youve broke it more than once though hey. My point being, people choose whst laws or guidelines are acceptable to break, and others will have a different view. Me, if i want 7 folks in my home i will. But i wint do 60 in a 30. Others wont have more than 6 at home but will dtive like pricks and think thsts acceptable.. both COULD result in injury/illness/death, but the chances are, they wont"

Sorry to disappoint you, but I haven't broken any laws and I don't intend to start now. You have to do what is right for you...

I bet youve broke it more than once though hey. My point being, people choose whst laws or guidelines are acceptable to break, and others will have a different view. Me, if i want 7 folks in my home i will. But i wint do 60 in a 30. Others wont have more than 6 at home but will dtive like pricks and think thsts acceptable.. both COULD result in injury/illness/death, but the chances are, they wont

Sorry to disappoint you, but I haven't broken any laws and I don't intend to start now. You have to do what is right for you...

"

Quite right sami

And to be honest most people who get a speeding fine dont set off from home to speed...they tend to be people who drift over that 20,30,40mph limit.

I would more compare it to drink and driving when you know your over the limit...the intent was always there.

midlands

Quite right sami

And to be honest most people who get a speeding fine dont set off from home to speed...they tend to be people who drift over that 20,30,40mph limit.

I would more compare it to drink and driving when you know your over the limit...the intent was always there."

Most people will leave for work in a time they know tgey can make it.. not how long itd take sticking to limits. Doing 40 in a 30 say, or 70 in a 60 isnt creeping.. its obvious, but the point is, folk choose whst laws are acceptable to break..and vilify others because they break rules they dont agree with

Quite right sami

I would more compare it to drink and driving when you know your over the limit...the intent was always there.

Most people will leave for work in a time they know tgey can make it.. not how long itd take sticking to limits. Doing 40 in a 30 say, or 70 in a 60 isnt creeping.. its obvious, but the point is, folk choose whst laws are acceptable to break..and vilify others because they break rules they dont agree with"

With a highly infectious virus that is only going to grow over the coming months...yeah I think they deserve the fine and wonder why you think they don't?

chelmsford

Quite right sami

I would more compare it to drink and driving when you know your over the limit...the intent was always there."

Having been hit head on by a driver, two times over the drink limit, I'm very conscious of my driving. It was a horrible experience and I would never want to inflict any kind of pain on anyone or be responsible of passing a deadly virus on to someone

chelmsford

Quite right sami

Most people will leave for work in a time they know tgey can make it.. not how long itd take sticking to limits. Doing 40 in a 30 say, or 70 in a 60 isnt creeping.. its obvious, but the point is, folk choose whst laws are acceptable to break..and vilify others because they break rules they dont agree with"

That's up to 'those folk' if they can live with themselves...

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Quite right sami

That's an awful comparison though, if you give covid to 7 people, at the current rate of infection they will give it to just over 1 person each, then those people will pass it on too to another just over 1 person each, so it's a chain reaction, going over the speed limit doesn't cause such a widespread issue. I'm not saying speeding is right becauseit most certainly isn't but you can't compare it with spreading covid.

Dudley

I am aware that I've just agreed with Mistress_Dominatrix, I think I need a time out in a darkened room.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I bet youve broke it more than once though hey. My point being, people choose whst laws or guidelines are acceptable to break, and others will have a different view. Me, if i want 7 folks in my home i will. But i wint do 60 in a 30. Others wont have more than 6 at home but will dtive like pricks and think thsts acceptable.. both COULD result in injury/illness/death, but the chances are, they wont"

Unfortunately a single person spreading it to others could be responsible for more than the annual total road deaths in a year.

Spreading it in a group of 6, to 5 others is bad enough, which could be hundreds of people very quickly.

The pre-symptomatic period of time is very high risk, with people feeling well but having no clue that they may have been infected, until they recall being around people. It may usually be when they spend sustained close proximity time with others and it's this that is essential to rule out, using fast testing and tracing as well as isolation and limiting groups, amongst other measures

midlands

FFS how many are missing the point. Its a could situation, as is speeding. You COULD pass it on, or you COULD kill a kid crossing the road, but hey ho, vilifyong someone for breaking one rule, but not the other is fine. Crack on

Dudley

"FFS how many are missing the point. Its a could situation, as is speeding. You COULD pass it on, or you COULD kill a kid crossing the road, but hey ho, vilifyong someone for breaking one rule, but not the other is fine. Crack on "

You're missing the point.

midlands

"FFS how many are missing the point. Its a could situation, as is speeding. You COULD pass it on, or you COULD kill a kid crossing the road, but hey ho, vilifyong someone for breaking one rule, but not the other is fine. Crack on

You're missing the point."

How.. rules is rules as they say. Choosing which ones are okay to break is not an option when vilifying others for breaking the ones they dont agree with should be broken

"I am aware that I've just agreed with Mistress_Dominatrix, I think I need a time out in a darkened room. "

Jeez I seen your picture on the thread and thought here we go.....you've left me almost speechless

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

But would you after being positive and meant to be isolating go out to the pub?

It's akin to having unprotected sex if a person is hiv +

midlands

It's akin to having unprotected sex if a person is hiv +"

No, if id had a +test i wouldnt. But, if id got more than 6 family members would i have them all in my home, then yes i would.. if id not had a test at all and felt ok, for sure

in Lancashire

It's akin to having unprotected sex if a person is hiv +

No, if id had a +test i wouldnt. But, if id got more than 6 family members would i have them all in my home, then yes i would.. if id not had a test at all and felt ok, for sure"

Ty for at least being honest..

Problem the government and we have is that some are doing exactly what I asked you, they clearly ain't listening so there needs to be an incentive to make them understand..

Regardless of what you think of that law, you are aware of it and if you choose to break it then you have no right to complain about the consequences.

What you or I believe to be morally right, and the law, are not always going to be the same thing. If you choose to break the speed limit do not complain about your punishment, if you choose to break the laws around Covid, do not complain about your punishment.

It’s that simple.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"

Only if in isolation

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

As I've asked before, how about some compensation to folk like myself who were wrongly isolated?

in Lancashire

"As I've asked before, how about some compensation to folk like myself who were wrongly isolated?"

With respect mmm are as frustrating as they may have been the question won't get an answer here..

in Lancashire

"As I've asked before, how about some compensation to folk like myself who were wrongly isolated?

With respect mmm are as frustrating as they may have been the question won't get an answer here..

"

Mate, not mmm

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"As I've asked before, how about some compensation to folk like myself who were wrongly isolated?"

Be thankful you are breathing and alive

"As I've asked before, how about some compensation to folk like myself who were wrongly isolated?

Mate, not mmm"

I thought you were mumbling a bit there

in Lancashire

Mate, not mmm

I thought you were mumbling a bit there

"

It's me age..

chelmsford

"I am aware that I've just agreed with Mistress_Dominatrix, I think I need a time out in a darkened room. "

x

chelmsford

"FFS how many are missing the point. Its a could situation, as is speeding. You COULD pass it on, or you COULD kill a kid crossing the road, but hey ho, vilifyong someone for breaking one rule, but not the other is fine. Crack on

How.. rules is rules as they say. Choosing which ones are okay to break is not an option when vilifying others for breaking the ones they dont agree with should be broken"

Well if you want to break the law...fill yer boots...

chelmsford

"Regardless of what you think of that law, you are aware of it and if you choose to break it then you have no right to complain about the consequences.

What you or I believe to be morally right, and the law, are not always going to be the same thing. If you choose to break the speed limit do not complain about your punishment, if you choose to break the laws around Covid, do not complain about your punishment.

It’s that simple."

"I bet half the people on here saying hammer them with fines etc, as they know the risk, they COULD pose, have all done above 40 in a 30 zone, knowing the risk they COULD pose to others.. would they say a grand fine for speeding is ott, when speed is the biggest killer on our roads. The ifs, buts, what why's and maybes of this thing are now beyond laughable."

But we are not talking about speeding, we are talking about people not quarantined and getting fined.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

I am sure you will have pissed off a few neighbours before now, lets hope one of them doesn't get the chance to report you for having 7 in your house.

chelmsford

But we are not talking about speeding, we are talking about people not quarantined and getting fined. "

Yes we are, but are struggling to get that across

chelmsford

I am sure you will have pissed off a few neighbours before now, lets hope one of them doesn't get the chance to report you for having 7 in your house. "

By *BW1998Woman  over a year ago

middlesbrough

These rules are fucking stupid hey go out and get pissed or go hunting with a large group but can’t go and see your own mum or dad. If there was a tax for family visits they would have allowed to continue

Spot on

We all know the rules and breaking it just endangers others"

Do you get fined breaking fab rules. So many messages asking to meet.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"These rules are fucking stupid hey go out and get pissed or go hunting with a large group but can’t go and see your own mum or dad. If there was a tax for family visits they would have allowed to continue "

Much of the official advice doesn't make sense.

A couple of weeks ago the PM advocated a return of workers to the office to prop up a falling economy and the Chancellor bribed us with cut price food to get people back onto the high street to boost spending.

Then the blame gets shifted onto these office workers and consumers for the rise in infections.

By *ive Bar Beauty QueenWoman  over a year ago

Stoke

People know the rules its some who just think they are not for them its good they are now fining these people.

chelmsford

"These rules are fucking stupid hey go out and get pissed or go hunting with a large group but can’t go and see your own mum or dad. If there was a tax for family visits they would have allowed to continue "

Why can't you see your mum and dad?

The rules are a roundabout way of saying don't be a nob, respect health of others and some level of economy needs to keep going.

chelmsford

"These rules are fucking stupid hey go out and get pissed or go hunting with a large group but can’t go and see your own mum or dad. If there was a tax for family visits they would have allowed to continue

The rules are a roundabout way of saying don't be a nob, respect health of others and some level of economy needs to keep going. "

Yes

midlands

I am sure you will have pissed off a few neighbours before now, lets hope one of them doesn't get the chance to report you for having 7 in your house. ,

"

My neighbours are fantastic, so no, ive not pissed any of them off. Just cuz my opinion differs to yours, and thats pissing you off, doesnt mean everyone has to think like you,, oh wait,, be told how to think i meant

Not to put a downer on all your thoughts of dictatorship but

Hiv has killed 50 million with hundreds of millions infected, people still have sex even unprotected sex against guidance, the test isn't much cop if you want unprotected sex as the virus takes months to show up, there's still no vaccine and if your granny is into heroin and hedonism she's at risk

Where was the 10,000 quid fines for everybody having sex I must have missed that bit, nobody came round and imprisoned the young up the duff mum due to putting others lives at risk with her heinous crimes, in fact it was the opposite she got a house and 500 quid a month!.

60% of the population carry streptococcus in there throat, 70% have herpes, did you get tested for streptococcus before kissing your gran goodbye!

Outrageous

Dudley

How.. rules is rules as they say. Choosing which ones are okay to break is not an option when vilifying others for breaking the ones they dont agree with should be broken"

Nobody is saying its OK to break some rules, they are saying the consequences of the two situations are totally different.

Dudley

"Not to put a downer on all your thoughts of dictatorship but

Hiv has killed 50 million with hundreds of millions infected, people still have sex even unprotected sex against guidance, the test isn't much cop if you want unprotected sex as the virus takes months to show up, there's still no vaccine and if your granny is into heroin and hedonism she's at risk

Where was the 10,000 quid fines for everybody having sex I must have missed that bit, nobody came round and imprisoned the young up the duff mum due to putting others lives at risk with her heinous crimes, in fact it was the opposite she got a house and 500 quid a month!.

60% of the population carry streptococcus in there throat, 70% have herpes, did you get tested for streptococcus before kissing your gran goodbye!

Outrageous "

Herpes hasn't killed nearly a million people in 6 months. You choose the risk regarding hiv, you don't choose to get covid unless you go round licking door handles or inhaling people's coughs and sneezes. At least compare it with something similar.

chelmsford

Outrageous

Herpes hasn't killed nearly a million people in 6 months. You choose the risk regarding hiv, you don't choose to get covid unless you go round licking door handles or inhaling people's coughs and sneezes. At least compare it with something similar. "

Haha

midlands

How.. rules is rules as they say. Choosing which ones are okay to break is not an option when vilifying others for breaking the ones they dont agree with should be broken

Nobody is saying its OK to break some rules, they are saying the consequences of the two situations are totally different. "

No theyre not.. speeding COULD result in a painful slow death, or multiple deaths, but people think its an acceptable rule to break. Having 8 family or friends COULD result in death. The likelihood of any of them is minimal

chelmsford

Nobody is saying its OK to break some rules, they are saying the consequences of the two situations are totally different.

No theyre not.. speeding COULD result in a painful slow death, or multiple deaths, but people think its an acceptable rule to break. Having 8 family or friends COULD result in death. The likelihood of any of them is minimal "

I don't think speeding is an acceptable rule to break, who on here has said that?

No theyre not.. speeding COULD result in a painful slow death, or multiple deaths, but people think its an acceptable rule to break. Having 8 family or friends COULD result in death. The likelihood of any of them is minimal "

The op was about breaking isolation laws...not having friends around and NOT speeding.

You still haven't answered my question above^^...why do you think people who are infected and go out knowly, with the likely chance of infecting others...should not be fined?

Outrageous

Herpes hasn't killed nearly a million people in 6 months. You choose the risk regarding hiv, you don't choose to get covid unless you go round licking door handles or inhaling people's coughs and sneezes. At least compare it with something similar. "

Where that dark room

No theyre not.. speeding COULD result in a painful slow death, or multiple deaths, but people think its an acceptable rule to break. Having 8 family or friends COULD result in death. The likelihood of any of them is minimal

I don't think speeding is an acceptable rule to break, who on here has said that?"

Not me

chelmsford

I don't think speeding is an acceptable rule to break, who on here has said that?

Not me "

Of course not you

Dudley

Outrageous

Herpes hasn't killed nearly a million people in 6 months. You choose the risk regarding hiv, you don't choose to get covid unless you go round licking door handles or inhaling people's coughs and sneezes. At least compare it with something similar.

Where that dark room "

I'm in there but fab beckons!

I don't understand the covid rules anymore.

Dudley

But you're trying to justify breaking one rule by comparing it with something completely different. Nobody has said speeding is OK and it's acceptable. If you want to break the rules, go for it, but if you get caught and fined or if you cause the deaths of people, don't start bitching and blaming other people.

Dudley

"I don't understand the covid rules anymore. "

It's not difficult, stay away from people, wash your hands frequently, wear your mask in public indoor places and/or places where social distancing isn't possible.

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

I could name a lot of friends and family that are not or have not isolated whether it be, as a result of people in household showing symptoms and waiting for results or have been contacted to isolate as been in contact with covid positive people. What can you do about it besides tut and try to avoid them

chelmsford

"I could name a lot of friends and family that are not or have not isolated whether it be, as a result of people in household showing symptoms and waiting for results or have been contacted to isolate as been in contact with covid positive people. What can you do about it besides tut and try to avoid them"

Yes I would avoid them

"I could name a lot of friends and family that are not or have not isolated whether it be, as a result of people in household showing symptoms and waiting for results or have been contacted to isolate as been in contact with covid positive people. What can you do about it besides tut and try to avoid them"

And just hope the irresponsible twats get caught out and fined..

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Bit dramatic !

Leeds

"I don't understand the covid rules anymore.

It's not difficult, stay away from people, wash your hands frequently, wear your mask in public indoor places and/or places where social distancing isn't possible. "

And avoid Dudley at all costs

"People wouldn't go out and about armed with a knife and stabbing a few along the way knowingly...going out and mixing when you know you are or maybe infected is the same thing...

Bit dramatic ! "

It's a metaphor!

Leeds

"People wouldn't go out and about armed with a knife and stabbing a few along the way knowingly...going out and mixing when you know you are or maybe infected is the same thing...

Bit dramatic !

It's a metaphor!"

I don’t care if it is a heroin substitute !

chelmsford

Bit dramatic !

It's a metaphor!

I don’t care if it is a heroin substitute ! "

It's not...is it?

By *aretobareCouple  over a year ago

Central Portugal

why is Dominic Cummings not fined after a 60 mile to test his eyes!

chelmsford

"why is Dominic Cummings not fined after a 60 mile to test his eyes!"

I'm not sure they were imposing fines then

By *aretobareCouple  over a year ago

Central Portugal

"why is Dominic Cummings not fined after a 60 mile to test his eyes!

I'm not sure they were imposing fines then "

I am sure they won't if you are Boris' buddy now - fancy some late night grouses bothering?

By *om girlCouple (FF)  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

Its all bull shit lets be fair

Domanic cummings was meant to have it went from london to durham stopped at service st went see his eldly parents that was sheilding and even went round castle to test his Eyes and boris said he did nothing wrong so if its good enough for him why no one else

Now its blame young ones

"Thought I'd reboot this as it's just been on news that 2 separate people have been fined a £1000 for breaking isolation today..."

Good, serves them right, idiots.

chelmsford

"Its all bull shit lets be fair

Domanic cummings was meant to have it went from london to durham stopped at service st went see his eldly parents that was sheilding and even went round castle to test his Eyes and boris said he did nothing wrong so if its good enough for him why no one else

Now its blame young ones"

Yes Cummings was wrong and broke his own rules, doesn't mean we all have to do the same

Now its blame young ones

Yes Cummings was wrong and broke his own rules, doesn't mean we all have to do the same "

Lemmings!

"These rules are fucking stupid hey go out and get pissed or go hunting with a large group but can’t go and see your own mum or dad. If there was a tax for family visits they would have allowed to continue

The rules are a roundabout way of saying don't be a nob, respect health of others and some level of economy needs to keep going. "

I wish Boris would say that at the next press conference!

I felt he was struggling not to say similar this week. It must be so frustrating trying to be civil.

chelmsford

Now its blame young ones

Yes Cummings was wrong and broke his own rules, doesn't mean we all have to do the same

Lemmings! "

Hmmm...

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

paisley

Rules are not the law, corona virus regulations are void

Now its blame young ones

Yes Cummings was wrong and broke his own rules, doesn't mean we all have to do the same "

Spot on sami

Cummings should have been out of a job for doing that...but he isn't sadly.

I just think banging on about that is a case of two wrongs don't make a right, and this is going to be a long harsh winter....and let's be honest if you break isolation laws,using cummings as a defense wont save you from coughing up.

Rules are not the law, corona virus regulations are void "

Read the title of this thread...it says LAW...

My 5 year old is ment to isolat but My 14 year old can carry on as normal. It's a load of bullshit

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"My 5 year old is ment to isolat but My 14 year old can carry on as normal. It's a load of bullshit "

And if your 5 year old develops symptoms or tests positive then your 14 year old will probably have to isolate and so will you.

Not too difficult to understand really ....

Unless ..mmm

the wetlands

Now its blame young ones

Lemmings! "

There's another adjective or two that I'd like to use, unfortunately forum rules prevent me

chelmsford

Rules are not the law, corona virus regulations are void "

I understand it is law, that's why they can and hopefully will fine those that break the law.

chelmsford

Now its blame young ones

Spot on sami

I just think banging on about that is a case of two wrongs don't make a right, and this is going to be a long harsh winter....and let's be honest if you break isolation laws,using cummings as a defense wont save you from coughing up."

Exactly this

chelmsford

"My 5 year old is ment to isolat but My 14 year old can carry on as normal. It's a load of bullshit

And if your 5 year old develops symptoms or tests positive then your 14 year old will probably have to isolate and so will you.

Not too difficult to understand really ....

Unless ..mmm"

Pretty clear to me, that has always been the case.

chelmsford

Now its blame young ones

Lemmings!

There's another adjective or two that I'd like to use, unfortunately forum rules prevent me"

By *eglieanCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

"FFS how many are missing the point. Its a could situation, as is speeding. You COULD pass it on, or you COULD kill a kid crossing the road, but hey ho, vilifyong someone for breaking one rule, but not the other is fine. Crack on "

Look at the university situation in Scotland. 120 plus infected..and that's only the number they know a out at the moment... They went out and partied, didn't think anything wrong, they now bleating on about how unfair it all is, that they won't be able to go home at Xmas and infect their family, possibly killing the grandparents Their education is suffering,, yes.. perhaps they ain't as clever as they think they are, thick and selfish as far as I'm concerned. I just can't believe some people on here ,, think about it,,, your kids, parents , friends. But you know better, at least the so called experts are trying to do something, not just making excuses why they shouldn't help the rest of us survive.

chelmsford

Look at the university situation in Scotland. 120 plus infected..and that's only the number they know a out at the moment... They went out and partied, didn't think anything wrong, they now bleating on about how unfair it all is, that they won't be able to go home at Xmas and infect their family, possibly killing the grandparents Their education is suffering,, yes.. perhaps they ain't as clever as they think they are, thick and selfish as far as I'm concerned. I just can't believe some people on here ,, think about it,,, your kids, parents , friends. But you know better, at least the so called experts are trying to do something, not just making excuses why they shouldn't help the rest of us survive. "

Yes

Now its blame young ones

Spot on sami

I just think banging on about that is a case of two wrongs don't make a right, and this is going to be a long harsh winter....and let's be honest if you break isolation laws,using cummings as a defense wont save you from coughing up.

Exactly this "

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

That 'Old Cummings put his hand in the fire' so I have third degree burns !!! I always read it as - 'Cummings was a Dick so let's be one too'.

Kinda' worn that one out now.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Quite right sami

Absolutely,that's why we have laws so all the hypocritical people like me, you and everyone else can think they are right and all others wrong.

Whether we think the fines are OTT or not is an irrelevance.

See you in court

chelmsford

Whether we agree with the laws or not, we have to follow them

the wetlands

Plenty of people (so far up their own arse they don't care) ignore speed limits and drive with a mobile phone to their ear but I'm pretty sure when they kill someone they will still go to jail.

chelmsford

"Plenty of people (so far up their own arse they don't care) ignore speed limits and drive with a mobile phone to their ear but I'm pretty sure when they kill someone they will still go to jail."

Yes

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Spot on

We all know the rules and breaking it just endangers others"

How do you find out all the rules is it on the interweb or something , we've just been carrying on as normal as but watch tv but keep hearing about new rules every day

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Take your parents out shooting, good excuse to be out in the countryside with guns and family.

Simples

This thread reminds of that crazy woman out of Stephen king's the mist.

He's the one we must purge, he's let the evil in, he'll open the door to hell and all the evil viruses will consume us.

When the shit hits the fan for real in a few months time I seriously worry about some folks on here

chelmsford

Take your parents out shooting, good excuse to be out in the countryside with guns and family.

Simples"

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Both of the fines handed to people working in Bolton too. Jeez, and we wonder why we're up the swanney here

Simples"

Have you seen the cost of a grouse shoot atm....33 grand for a party of 20 deck that.

chelmsford

Simples

Have you seen the cost of a grouse shoot atm....33 grand for a party of 20 deck that."

Ouch!

Simples

Have you seen the cost of a grouse shoot atm....33 grand for a party of 20 deck that.

Ouch! "

Sooner go on the moors and fly my drone for feck all...but some posh fecker would shoit the fecker down ffs

chelmsford

Simples

Ouch!

Sooner go on the moors and fly my drone for feck all...but some posh fecker would shoit the fecker down ffs"

Haha!

"That 'Old Cummings put his hand in the fire' so I have third degree burns !!! I always read it as - 'Cummings was a Dick so let's be one too'.

Kinda' worn that one out now. "

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

By *ichaelsmyMan  over a year ago

douglas

here the isle of man it is 4-6 weeks in jail when you break the rules.

dont break the rules.

chelmsford

"here the isle of man it is 4-6 weeks in jail when you break the rules.

dont break the rules. "

That's what we should have

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Whether we agree with the laws or not, we have to follow them "

Or be prepared to face the full consequences if you don't.

There have been a number of £1000 and £10,000 fines issued already for various reasons, so these aren't mythical and 'not agreeing with them' is not a winning defence strategy...

chelmsford

"Whether we agree with the laws or not, we have to follow them

There have been a number of £1000 and £10,000 fines issued already for various reasons, so these aren't mythical and 'not agreeing with them' is not a winning defence strategy...

"

I hope a few fines were given out at the London protests yesterday, no masks, no social distancing....

chelmsford

"Whether we agree with the laws or not, we have to follow them

I hope a few fines were given out at the London protests yesterday, no masks, no social distancing...."

I guess they can't fine them for that.....unfortunately.

I think this law is to be debated in parliament today as it has never be passed through parliament...they will be debating on further laws having to go through the due process of passing through the house.

No one has to pay If they don't break the rules "

I so dispare with many on here.

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

Who is going to catch those not isolating. I know several people that have been told to or have had symptoms either themselves or in their house hold and have not isolated. It's all a joke and a government tactic to scare people into it. For sure, people should be isolating, I'm just saying is anyone really going to get a fine. Maybe a few that make the news but under no circumstances are there going to be fines dished out to all that break the isolation.

"Who is going to catch those not isolating. I know several people that have been told to or have had symptoms either themselves or in their house hold and have not isolated. It's all a joke and a government tactic to scare people into it. For sure, people should be isolating, I'm just saying is anyone really going to get a fine. Maybe a few that make the news but under no circumstances are there going to be fines dished out to all that break the isolation. "

How many do you see driving on their phone? I see loads...yet some get away with it and some dont...tell the people you know...do you feel lucky punk...

chelmsford

"Who is going to catch those not isolating. I know several people that have been told to or have had symptoms either themselves or in their house hold and have not isolated. It's all a joke and a government tactic to scare people into it. For sure, people should be isolating, I'm just saying is anyone really going to get a fine. Maybe a few that make the news but under no circumstances are there going to be fines dished out to all that break the isolation. "

There have been a few reported, but yeah depends if you're one of the unlucky ones that get caught breaking the law

chelmsford

I so dispare with many on here."

Who me?

By *iltsguy200Man  over a year ago

Warminster

In Guernsey the maximum fine for breaking the social isolation rules is £10,000. There are currently 3 people in prison who were fined £6,000 but because they couldn’t pay the fine will spend 300 days in prison in lieu of the fine.

chelmsford

"In Guernsey the maximum fine for breaking the social isolation rules is £10,000. There are currently 3 people in prison who were fined £6,000 but because they couldn’t pay the fine will spend 300 days in prison in lieu of the fine. "

well something has to be done.

So they will at worst serve 150 days and most realistically serve 90 with a restriction after

chelmsford

"So they will at worst serve 150 days and most realistically serve 90 with a restriction after "

Most probably

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"So they will at worst serve 150 days and most realistically serve 90 with a restriction after "

.... and probably lose their job as absent for so long

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

"In Guernsey the maximum fine for breaking the social isolation rules is £10,000. There are currently 3 people in prison who were fined £6,000 but because they couldn’t pay the fine will spend 300 days in prison in lieu of the fine. "

They should have been doing this everywhere in the US all along. It would have saved at leasts tens of thousands of lives or more. But, we have an idiot for a president, so what do you expect.

"So they will at worst serve 150 days and most realistically serve 90 with a restriction after

.... and probably lose their job as absent for so long "

And possibly their home if renting it...

"In Guernsey the maximum fine for breaking the social isolation rules is £10,000. There are currently 3 people in prison who were fined £6,000 but because they couldn’t pay the fine will spend 300 days in prison in lieu of the fine.

They should have been doing this everywhere in the US all along. It would have saved at leasts tens of thousands of lives or more. But, we have an idiot for a president, so what do you expect."

Hey keep that fecker off this thread...has got plenty of other thread on here

chelmsford

"So they will at worst serve 150 days and most realistically serve 90 with a restriction after

.... and probably lose their job as absent for so long "

Yes most likely and a criminal record

chelmsford

And possibly their home if renting it..."

Yes...

chelmsford

"In Guernsey the maximum fine for breaking the social isolation rules is £10,000. There are currently 3 people in prison who were fined £6,000 but because they couldn’t pay the fine will spend 300 days in prison in lieu of the fine.

They should have been doing this everywhere in the US all along. It would have saved at leasts tens of thousands of lives or more. But, we have an idiot for a president, so what do you expect.

Hey keep that fecker off this thread...has got plenty of other thread on here"

Hey keep that fecker off this thread...has got plenty of other thread on here

"

Yep let's get back on topic...

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Yes..."

It’s a lot to lose all for not staying indoors for a couple of weeks

chelmsford

Yes...

It’s a lot to lose all for not staying indoors for a couple of weeks "

It most certainly is, not worth it

Yes...

It’s a lot to lose all for not staying indoors for a couple of weeks "

Yep ask trump...feck I'll wash my mouth out

chelmsford

Yes...

Yep ask trump...feck I'll wash my mouth out "

Stoppit!!

Yes...

Stoppit!!"

Aye your right...and yeah if someone is prepared to break isolation and risk all the above. They deserve what they get.

chelmsford

Yes...

Stoppit!!

Aye your right...and yeah if someone is prepared to break isolation and risk all the above. They deserve what they get."

Yes they do

» Add a new message to this topic