FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > UK > Cheltenham festival accommodation

Cheltenham festival accommodation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am going to be in Cheltenham for the races in March. Does anyone know of an apartment to rent for the week close to the racecourse or maybe even a room? Hotels and Airbnb are so expensive. The place I normally stay isn’t available this year.

Genuine post

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Supply and demand I’m afraid - there is always far more supply than demand and that pushes prices up.

Wife and I booked a local hotel (Ibis) the other week for a threesum (has a great time) it cost us £47 - would of been £37 if I booked it but wife didn’t shop around.

That same hotel charges £300+ a night on race week.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Yes it’s ridiculous, I’m sick of spending so much money for accommodation, I’d happily pay for a room but not thousands for 4 nights. I’ll be at the track from 6.30 every morning then probably go for dinner depending on what rides I have the next day. So won’t be in the room that long anyway

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Yes it’s ridiculous, I’m sick of spending so much money for accommodation, I’d happily pay for a room but not thousands for 4 nights. I’ll be at the track from 6.30 every morning then probably go for dinner depending on what rides I have the next day. So won’t be in the room that long anyway "

But why would a hotel give you a room cheap when they could sell it to someone else for a lot more - they can always sell five times more rooms than they have for race well, so ramp them price up and sell it to those that are willing to pay the money - simply laws of economics. I want a Aston Martin for £30,000 but for as long as other people are willing to pay £130,000 for them that’s what they will be sold for

» Add a new message to this topic