FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Polyamorous or promiscuous ?

Polyamorous or promiscuous ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *zzy69 OP   Woman  over a year ago

The Lake District

Where does swinging fit ? Both? Neither? Something else?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allnlongMan  over a year ago

Torpoint & Stonehouse

I swing because I dont get on well with vanilla people, but definitely not promiscuous!

Choosy to the point of fussy, borderline particular x

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

We just love great sex and lots of it

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Every relationship is different. We are monogamous outside of swinging clubs. Some people are polyamorous and swing. Some people are just promiscuous.

By *tarburst babydollMan  over a year ago

Dingwall

We are fussy as to who wee meet so I would say definitely not promiscuous for us

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To clarify, promiscuity doesn't mean sleeping with anyone and everyone, it means having sex with lots of different people.

I've heard some people say that swinging can sit parallel to polyamory under the banner of ethical non-monogamy and I would tend to agree.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

"To clarify, promiscuity doesn't mean sleeping with anyone and everyone, it means having sex with lots of different people.

I've heard some people say that swinging can sit parallel to polyamory under the banner of ethical non-monogamy and I would tend to agree. "

Yes it does come under that banner so long as it is done ethically with say eg people who have partners but swing as singles having their partners know and be ok with it. As the mr put earlier we swing in clubs but are monogamous outside but this involves constant communication.

Doesn't polyamory involve being in some kind of established relationship as opposed to simply getting intimate on a casual basis?

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"Where does swinging fit ? Both? Neither? Something else? "

I'm not sure you know what polyamory is.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Doesn't polyamory involve being in some kind of established relationship as opposed to simply getting intimate on a casual basis?"

I think there’s a lot in between those , if you see a couple 3-4 times a year and have a connection , chat etc is that polyamory or casual sex ?

"Doesn't polyamory involve being in some kind of established relationship as opposed to simply getting intimate on a casual basis?

I think there’s a lot in between those , if you see a couple 3-4 times a year and have a connection , chat etc is that polyamory or casual sex ?"

Casual sex

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Recreational.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Promiscuous seems a judgemental term imo, when we should be free to enjoy as much sex with one or any number of partners as we consensually decide to.

Likewise, the number of romantic partners that we may simultaneously decide to have, is an adult choice. The current legal restrictions relate to marriages but not sexual and romantic partners, that we can forge the permutations that suit us.

Old school diehards who are subject to social influences and conformity aren't the better role models.

By *zzy69 OP   Woman  over a year ago

The Lake District

"Where does swinging fit ? Both? Neither? Something else?

I'm not sure you know what polyamory is."

Just wanted to get people chatting when we are in lock down .

Swinging means different things to different people. Likewise there are multiple versions of polyamory but generally I would say it implies having lasting sexual relationships with more than one person with the knowledge and consent of all involved.

I would agree promiscuous is generally used as a judgemental term - OED gives 2 definitions and I think from previous responses on Fab and talking with other swingers I would say many regard swinging as one definition ie transient sexual relationships .

By *ocoTemptationMan  over a year ago

london

My approach is quite fluid so I don't fit neatly into any of the categories. Poly, kinkster, swinger, Bull....

Ethical non-monogamy is the relatively new buzz word that I've been using of late. I don't do or expect monogamy when I meet someone but when it comes to mutual respect and honestly my standard are very high.

Interesting one... where does the stag and vixen and cuckold scenario fit ?

By *oss and SuzieCouple  over a year ago

Porthmadog

We'd identify as happily polyamorous and promiscuous....

definitely not polyamorous only two in this marriage the rest is just plain fun....

not knocking what others do tho

» Add a new message to this topic