FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Cornonvirus

Cornonvirus

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *host63 OP   Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

I simply do not understand the panic buying and hysteria.

Every year a new flu like virus mutates . Yes its nasty but if you look at deaths due to previous years and this one it's around the same or less.

If you are on the at risk list then yea be careful but the rest of us should just carry on as usual.

What do you think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *olden_Road_to_SamarkandMan  over a year ago

london

COVID-19 is much more transmittable than flu - 2 to 5 times.

The Case Fatality Rate of 'flu is 0.1%. For COVID-19 it may be as high as 2.4% - i.e. 24 times more likely to kill you.

In a bad 'flu year we have over 15,000 deaths in the UK.

If we do the sums the numbers aren't nice

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

From what I have read, countries gear up for flu season ever year and can model the numbers, planning for healthcare and such.

With Covid 19, it's a relatively unknown virus and they don't know how far it could go. Probably why the Chinese took draconian messages to stop it.

What is hilarious is the fact people who are quarantined in Italy can seemingly get on a plane and travel here with very few checks.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

"From what I have read, countries gear up for flu season ever year and can model the numbers, planning for healthcare and such.

With Covid 19, it's a relatively unknown virus and they don't know how far it could go. Probably why the Chinese took draconian messages to stop it.

What is hilarious is the fact people who are quarantined in Italy can seemingly get on a plane and travel here with very few checks. "

Yeh, they only woke up to the checks needed on incoming yesterday, holy moley.

Cornonvirus? The spellings of this well publicised virus are getting more and more amusing.

At least something is amusing. The whole thing is turning rather grim. Whole of Italy on lockdown now.....we are only a couple of weeks behind...

"At least something is amusing. The whole thing is turning rather grim. Whole of Italy on lockdown now.....we are only a couple of weeks behind..."

Quite frankly I think that Air Travel should have been banned immediately and every country in lock down for a few weeks.

Maybe not practical? Not sure, but it sounds better than dead!

By *outhlondon_guyMan  over a year ago

London

"I simply do not understand the panic buying and hysteria.

Every year a new flu like virus mutates . Yes its nasty but if you look at deaths due to previous years and this one it's around the same or less.

If you are on the at risk list then yea be careful but the rest of us should just carry on as usual.

What do you think?"

I think you entirely misunderstand the statistics of how lethal the virus is, as well as the chaos which a 10 - 20% hospitalisation rate will cause, but also fail to understand the implications of exponential growth. At the current rate, if left unchecked, there'd be close to 100m infected in Europe during the summer

"At least something is amusing. The whole thing is turning rather grim. Whole of Italy on lockdown now.....we are only a couple of weeks behind..."

That's what I'm thinking. Fuck I hope not though, I want to work.

» Add a new message to this topic