FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > One line veri’s

One line veri’s

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When going through the veri trail do you see a quick one line veri as a red flag?

“Nice guy, turned up wife enjoyed herself” (example)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ersnickety PantsWoman  over a year ago

Club Meets Only

I'd rather read a one line veri to say the person turned up & is who they & their pictures show they are than a paragraph detailing every little thing that went on during a meet

Just asking opinion nothing more and if you received a veri similar to our example would you think deflated?

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

It depends on what the one line says I suppose.

"nice guy, turned up on time" I'd maybe read between the lines that it was boring.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No, and why should I?

You do understand the whole purpose of the verification system do you not?

That is, to confirm that the person is who they claim to be, that they turn up on time etc.

It is not a performance review system

By *ersnickety PantsWoman  over a year ago

Club Meets Only

Maybe a bit if I really enjoyed the meet & was hoping for a veri that I could read back on.

veris can be tricky to write, how much detail do you go into? Do you add some humor? Would you like to meet them again? Etc

A veri is a veri and i really dont wanna read the full details of the meet

"No, and why should I?

You do understand the whole purpose of the verification system do you not?

That is, to confirm that the person is who they claim to be, that they turn up on time etc.

It is not a performance review system"

No need to be so defensive, its a conversation starter nothing more.... jeez

"A veri is a veri and i really dont wanna read the full details of the meet "

Yes agree with this, don't need to be over informative on the meet for sure

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"I'd rather read a one line veri to say the person turned up & is who they & their pictures show they are than a paragraph detailing every little thing that went on during a meet "

Agreed - tbh I get put off by those who insist on writing essays! They’re boring as hell - written (I think) to ensure they get an equally extravagant/gushing one in return - and when they get more than one essay from the same person I detect a case of extreme lamppost pissing and leave well alone.

I think they make fab unnecessarily complicated - frankly I’d be happy if we had a trip advisor style tick system!

If someone says "they're real" - it's enough for us. Always thought the purpose of the veri is to confirm that you are who you say you are and not a performance review. If someone didn't turn up or weren't who they claim to be - surely the verification won't be given.

Mrs

Was the person genuine :- agree or disagree tick the appropriate box lol

"When going through the veri trail do you see a quick one line veri as a red flag?

"

oh yes i mean why bother.......... at least add turned up when they said they would, dressed to impress, they're what fabs all about, I'd definitely meet them then

It’s also difficult to write as you want to be complimentary without sounding cheap/tacky!

Obviously if someone didn't meet requirements or wasn't how they described then veris aren't going to be made public (ie if someone sends an honest bad veri then that person isn't likely to display it) so to help others how could fab get round this?

By *irm hand LukeMan  over a year ago

Berkshire/West Oxfordshire

Tricky one. Depends on what the one liner has written on others, maybe they're not much of an author!? A nicely written Veri is fine but after a few do you really need them? It's nice to know what people think of you but it's better for you to find out for yourself

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Just asking opinion nothing more and if you received a veri similar to our example would you think deflated?"

No, I prefer ones like that or humour in them.

"Obviously if someone didn't meet requirements or wasn't how they described then veris aren't going to be made public (ie if someone sends an honest bad veri then that person isn't likely to display it) so to help others how could fab get round this?"

Why would someone leave a veri in such case? A veri is a green tick - means all good since it doesn't have to be displayed. Now if there was a red tick for a bad one - it would be different.

Mrs

"Obviously if someone didn't meet requirements or wasn't how they described then veris aren't going to be made public (ie if someone sends an honest bad veri then that person isn't likely to display it) so to help others how could fab get round this?

Why would someone leave a veri in such case? A veri is a green tick - means all good since it doesn't have to be displayed. Now if there was a red tick for a bad one - it would be different.

Mrs"

and that is a very valid point and exactly why the bad tick doesn't exist, the reason being its all a persons opinion and no two people think alike

"Obviously if someone didn't meet requirements or wasn't how they described then veris aren't going to be made public (ie if someone sends an honest bad veri then that person isn't likely to display it) so to help others how could fab get round this?

Mrsand that is a very valid point and exactly why the bad tick doesn't exist, the reason being its all a persons opinion and no two people think alike "

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Best one i ever saw just said "met him", in capitals lol.

"Best one i ever saw just said "met him", in capitals lol."

That was our question really would you be inclined to meet him if you liked his patter and profile and then read his veri?

Aren’t we missing the raison d'être of verifications which is just to prove that a person is genuine and reliable. They are not meant as a vehicle to stoke people’s fragile egos.

"Best one i ever saw just said "met him", in capitals lol."

Could be worse, could be "big cock" in capitals leaving it to your interpretation of what was meant.

Mrs

By *heekyredsoloWoman  over a year ago

bromborough

I think Veris are pretty fun, I love reading them, for me it gives an idea of who they are as a person.

Some people like writing long ones some people write short ones! I just like to be honest and express how things went when I write them.

Although I have written short ones and not met them again, although just because they aren’t for me doesn’t mean they aren’t for someone else....

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"When going through the veri trail do you see a quick one line veri as a red flag?

"

I see it as a postive. If someone wrote more I would wonder about their boundaries

Ms Icebreaker

I see it as a postive. If someone wrote more I would wonder about their boundaries

Ms Icebreaker "

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I find very overly long veris from men a bit creepy!

Ms Icebreaker "

Are less boundaries a bad thing then?

[Removed by poster at 08/03/20 12:57:08]

Verifications we give are a little thank you note to the recipient, one line is a little lazy but we don’t give detailed graphic veris either

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

Ms Icebreaker

Are less boundaries a bad thing then?"

Honestly don't know if you are being serious

But yes, people who don't respect boundaries, or have a sense of what is or isn't appropriate are definately not a good thing. From stalking to consent violations a lot is revealed by how someone manages boundaries

Ms Icebreaker

Don’t even bother reading veris. This isn’t Waterstones. Just a green number is enough then attempt some real communication works for me

Ms Icebreaker

Are less boundaries a bad thing then?

Honestly don't know if you are being serious

But yes, people who don't respect boundaries, or have a sense of what is or isn't appropriate are definately not a good thing. From stalking to consent violations a lot is revealed by how someone manages boundaries

Ms Icebreaker "

Think lines may be crossed here, surely boundaries are there to be agreed and respected before a meet?

Maybe am a little confused at what your getting at

"Don’t even bother reading veris. This isn’t Waterstones. Just a green number is enough then attempt some real communication works for me "

This !

By *elly72Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

I hate writing veris never know what to put so that would be a big sentence for me lol

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

They’re like tiny little windows into people’s lives. Always interesting to have a nose around.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"Best one i ever saw just said "met him", in capitals lol.

Could be worse, could be "big cock" in capitals leaving it to your interpretation of what was meant.

Mrs"

I love that idea!

» Add a new message to this topic