FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Should we recommend or introduce people a bit more

Should we recommend or introduce people a bit more

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ast_jj OP   Man  over a year ago

Dublin and London

What are everyone's thoughts on recommending previous meets to other people?

Is it something people do?

I think we should do it more. Verifications are all well and good to get an idea if someone is genuine but I just think a mail from someone asking if they would recommend someone who they are potentially meeting up with would be a useful.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

"What are everyone's thoughts on recommending previous meets to other people?

I think we should do it more. Verifications are all well and good to get an idea if someone is genuine but I just think a mail from someone asking if they would recommend someone who they are potentially meeting up with would be a useful.

"

Would you recommend us??

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Like a reference?

By *ympho6969Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

I love this idea, but there are fake profiles and fake verifications so doesnt that mean these could be fake too?

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

It's not something I would want. I can find people I like myself without recommendations. And just because I like someone, doesn't mean everyone else will.

Dublin and London

Would you recommend us??"

100%. A fantastic couple.

Dublin and London

"Like a reference?"
It can be anything really. So if I have met a couple for example they might mention me to some people they have met, or I do the same.

Or it could be a message (with their consent obviously) to the person I have met asking if they would recommend me. What they liked or didn't like..

Just an idea really..

Dublin and London

"I love this idea, but there are fake profiles and fake verifications so doesnt that mean these could be fake too?"
oh it's not fool or fake proof that's for sure but still I think it has potential.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

I'd hate to be "recommended" by anyone.

Hillside desolate

"I'd hate to be "recommended" by anyone. "

Me too.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'd hate to be "recommended" by anyone.

Me too. "

Me three.

Mrs

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

We've stopped putting up veris because of type of thing. Soon as we put one up they would contact the people we met and talk to them as if they came recommended by us! Using our real names and we've not gone beyond messaging them. They've come and gone as different profiles, but you can tell it them by the way they describe themselves.

Dublin and London

"I'd hate to be "recommended" by anyone. "
I didn't mean it like that.. let's say me and you were potentially going to meet, you could get a thumbs up on me from someone I've met.

Dublin and London

"We've stopped putting up veris because of type of thing. Soon as we put one up they would contact the people we met and talk to them as if they came recommended by us! Using our real names and we've not gone beyond messaging them. They've come and gone as different profiles, but you can tell it them by the way they describe themselves. "
This is just wrong and deceitful. This would be in agreed terms.

By *nnocentimesMan  over a year ago

over there by that tree

I’ve been recommended to another couple from a couple I meet.

It is a super small world and a personal nod of the head is far more valuable than any verification in making introductions.

By *etLikeMan  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

I think this tends to happen more with club meets. You get chatting to say a couple in the social area and someone pops their head in and asks if they’ve played and if not, they should. It can be a little awkward as one person’s good experience may not be the same as another’s.

"It's not something I would want. I can find people I like myself without recommendations. And just because I like someone, doesn't mean everyone else will. "

Agreed x

"We've stopped putting up veris because of type of thing. Soon as we put one up they would contact the people we met and talk to them as if they came recommended by us! Using our real names and we've not gone beyond messaging them. They've come and gone as different profiles, but you can tell it them by the way they describe themselves. This is just wrong and deceitful. This would be in agreed terms. "

The thing is we sign off using the tag line Mr and Mrs Shady or The Shadys...

We've our stated position should we be "outed" but obviously we don't want to see it come out, but clearly they have learned something, somewhere, maybe fishing through somebody we've met but all have denied this, and we tend to be on the same page as us in regards to their privacy.

One couple we did have a sleep over with, asked if we minded if they had another couple join us and if it was OK, would we be open to messaging us before had to establish a relationship of sorts beforehand. All was good btw with that and them.

That to us was how it should be and strengthened the bond and our respect we have with them.

"I think this tends to happen more with club meets. You get chatting to say a couple in the social area and someone pops their head in and asks if they’ve played and if not, they should. It can be a little awkward as one person’s good experience may not be the same as another’s. "

I think you are right.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

No, I'm not an experience to be reviewed on TripAdvisor. Just because someone enjoyed meetinge doesn't mean someone else would. Just leave a verification saying we turned up and looked like our photos and that's enough for me.

Don't reduce us to commodities to be recommended to each other

Dublin and London

Maybe not as good an idea as I thought. Introducing people or recommending them.

"Maybe not as good an idea as I thought. Introducing people or recommending them. "

I think the word 'recommending' doesnt sit well.. Yes introducing new people in a club is okay and probably appreciated.

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

"I’ve been recommended to another couple from a couple I meet.

It is a super small world and a personal nod of the head is far more valuable than any verification in making introductions. "

I was just thinking this is probably something that would benefit men more than women or couples.

It could be just a status saying "xxx man was lovely to meet!" or a reply to a meet thread by them on the forum. Obviously it's open to abuse and you have to take everything on here with a pinch of skepticism.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

"It's not something I would want. I can find people I like myself without recommendations. And just because I like someone, doesn't mean everyone else will. "

This ,even annoys me when people write "give him a chance you won't be disappointed "on veries lol

What if the meet was crap or didn't go well? Would you then "un-friend" those who recommended them?

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I'd hate to be "recommended" by anyone. I didn't mean it like that.. let's say me and you were potentially going to meet, you could get a thumbs up on me from someone I've met. "

I wouldn't want to though. I dont care who other people have met and have no interest in what they thought of a said person. I would rather make my own mind up x

Dublin and London

"I'd hate to be "recommended" by anyone. I didn't mean it like that.. let's say me and you were potentially going to meet, you could get a thumbs up on me from someone I've met.

I wouldn't want to though. I dont care who other people have met and have no interest in what they thought of a said person. I would rather make my own mind up x"

That's a fair point.

"

surely its the same premise as a veri only you i assume you would contact people youre going to recommending them to

Dublin and London

surely its the same premise as a veri only you i assume you would contact people youre going to recommending them to "

I was thinking the person would might be thinking of meeting me would contact them (with their knowledge it was coming).

By *mberWoman  over a year ago

Preston

Hi

X told me you give a good BJ so do you fancy hooking up?

You mean like that?

I'd hate it.

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

"Hi

You mean like that?

I'd hate it."

This

"I'd hate to be "recommended" by anyone.

Me too. "

Yes seems a bit wrong!

"What if the meet was crap or didn't go well? Would you then "un-friend" those who recommended them?"

Might as well rate them go the whole hog!

Dublin and London

"Hi

You mean like that?

I'd hate it."

No. More along the lines, I'm thinking of meeting X, I see you have had a meet with them it would be great to hear how it all went.

Or as an I introduction...it could be..hey x, we met y recently and I think you two / three would get on really well for xxx reasons. If you're meeting soon then maybe it might be worth giving y a message. See if you hit it off..

By *amfabMan  over a year ago

Luton

So m_mbers will come with references...

Hillside desolate

"Hi

You mean like that?

I'd hate it.No. More along the lines, I'm thinking of meeting X, I see you have had a meet with them it would be great to hear how it all went.

Or as an I introduction...it could be..hey x, we met y recently and I think you two / three would get on really well for xxx reasons. If you're meeting soon then maybe it might be worth giving y a message. See if you hit it off.. "

I think that's the issue I have with it. I don't want people discussing "how it all went" with others. That's private, and between me and the person I've met. Or it should be.

I totally get what you're saying and how it might work for some, but it's just not how I like to do things.

Preston

"Hi

You mean like that?

I'd hate it.No. More along the lines, I'm thinking of meeting X, I see you have had a meet with them it would be great to hear how it all went.

Or as an I introduction...it could be..hey x, we met y recently and I think you two / three would get on really well for xxx reasons. If you're meeting soon then maybe it might be worth giving y a message. See if you hit it off.. "

I wouldn't like that either. I tend to be quite private really. I'll talk about generic sex quite openly but I like to keep real things to myself or discuss them with the person they were with.

Dublin and London

"Hi

You mean like that?

Or as an I introduction...it could be..hey x, we met y recently and I think you two / three would get on really well for xxx reasons. If you're meeting soon then maybe it might be worth giving y a message. See if you hit it off..

I think that's the issue I have with it. I don't want people discussing "how it all went" with others. That's private, and between me and the person I've met. Or it should be.

I totally get what you're saying and how it might work for some, but it's just not how I like to do things. "

I understand that. I suppose everyone is different. It was just an idea and it is something I would be in favour of. I certainly wouldn't be going into details anout the sexual fun I've had with someone.

We were chatting to a chap but didn’t want to take it further and he recommended us to another couple which we found very off putting as we are not looking for couples and he didn’t really know us so it’s a no thank you from us.

T

Dublin and London

"We were chatting to a chap but didn’t want to take it further and he recommended us to another couple which we found very off putting as we are not looking for couples and he didn’t really know us so it’s a no thank you from us.

T"

He shouldn't have done that. What I was suggesting was where all agreed to it. So you agree to it and the person who I/ you have already met agrees to it. Just an idea that's all..

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"We were chatting to a chap but didn’t want to take it further and he recommended us to another couple which we found very off putting as we are not looking for couples and he didn’t really know us so it’s a no thank you from us.

THe shouldn't have done that. What I was suggesting was where all agreed to it. So you agree to it and the person who I/ you have already met agrees to it. Just an idea that's all.."

No harm in putting an idea forward .

Dublin and London

THe shouldn't have done that. What I was suggesting was where all agreed to it. So you agree to it and the person who I/ you have already met agrees to it. Just an idea that's all..

No harm in putting an idea forward . "

True

Preston

I agree, no harm in making suggestions and seeing how folk feel.

Dublin and London

"I agree, no harm in making suggestions and seeing how folk feel."
Thanks.

» Add a new message to this topic