FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > My first girly shopping trip

My first girly shopping trip

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Terrifying, felt like women were staring at me so felt a little self-conscious. Bought the little black dress, even if it's a little matronly, stockings from m and s and handbag from new look but the shoes were a real problem but got them eventually. Long way to go but I needed to share this as it wasnt the easiest of days x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I bet it wasn't the easiest of days. A big non patronising well done

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good job.

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

Well done you ... I know it isn’t easy - you think the whole world is watching you - but a really they’re not!... and usually seen it a million times before and are not bothered. Easy to say, but just enjoy it.

Wait til you start going out dressed ... OMG, it’s addictive!

Aww thanks all, I wont deny i was seeking a little cuddle

Don’t worry be proud of what you have accomplished x

"Don’t worry be proud of what you have accomplished x"

Thank you poppet x

Well done.

Take it from one who knows; it gets easier x

"Well done.

Take it from one who knows; it gets easier x"

Thanks Rachel as its make-up next, gulp

The first time I went shopping I dressed as Tia and went to another town. When in the shop I felt nervous but I picked out some clothing and asked the assistant if it was ok to use the changing room. She was taken aback for a bit and looked slightly embarrassed. Once I tried the clothes on I opened the changing room curtains and asked the assistant for her advice on what I tried on. She was very helpful and I noticed that most shop assistants are mostly the same. Some assistants have chatted away with me wanting to know more about me which is a real confidence booster. My advice is go for it, get over the nerves and you'll be fine xxx

It's a nerve wracking thing to do, so kudos for getting out there x

"The first time I went shopping I dressed as Tia and went to another town. When in the shop I felt nervous but I picked out some clothing and asked the assistant if it was ok to use the changing room. She was taken aback for a bit and looked slightly embarrassed. Once I tried the clothes on I opened the changing room curtains and asked the assistant for her advice on what I tried on. She was very helpful and I noticed that most shop assistants are mostly the same. Some assistants have chatted away with me wanting to know more about me which is a real confidence booster. My advice is go for it, get over the nerves and you'll be fine xxx"

The assistants I came across looked so young, it just didn't feel right somehow - thanks though, maybe next time x

By *eannaTV/TS  over a year ago

Cwmfelifach, nr Newport

"The first time I went shopping I dressed as Tia and went to another town. When in the shop I felt nervous but I picked out some clothing and asked the assistant if it was ok to use the changing room. She was taken aback for a bit and looked slightly embarrassed. Once I tried the clothes on I opened the changing room curtains and asked the assistant for her advice on what I tried on. She was very helpful and I noticed that most shop assistants are mostly the same. Some assistants have chatted away with me wanting to know more about me which is a real confidence booster. My advice is go for it, get over the nerves and you'll be fine xxx

The assistants I came across looked so young, it just didn't feel right somehow - thanks though, maybe next time x"

You are right your next challenge will be the makeup, I will say the shop assistant's are a wealth of information and will help immensely, have fun I know I did.

Make up you better just asking I just go into BOOTS and ask to get a skin colour test. Then I brought a basic setup and cheapest I could buy . because I was just going to sit at home and put it on wash of and retry over a few hrs. I did buy a good range of brushes and sponge's.And makeup remover wipes are always on sale in most shops just walk around and see what you can find.

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

"Make up you better just asking I just go into BOOTS and ask to get a skin colour test. Then I brought a basic setup and cheapest I could buy . because I was just going to sit at home and put it on wash of and retry over a few hrs. I did buy a good range of brushes and sponge's.And makeup remover wipes are always on sale in most shops just walk around and see what you can find."

I’m not a fan of Boots at all .... I used to work for them, they’re a horrible company to work for, BUT I have to agree about the No7 make up counters. They are soooo helpful and really put you at ease... I went in and ended up getting a colour match ... in male mode - she didn’t bat an eye.

Good idea about cheap make up to start with .... try the discount beauty stores, they are great too .... and really don’t worry, in this day and age staff aren’t judging you, and I always think like this.... they may judge you, and they may not like what they see, but are very unlikely to say anything (they would get sacked) if they did, and are usually VERY helpful ... but if they’re not, you will never see them again - so does it matter???

Rachel xx

You really need to try stuff on I try shoes on all the time I just wear pop socks and ask for my size I do try to go early in the morning during the week. As for clothes Asda Tesco do very good clothes. I never really buy expensive clothes as I don't get the wear out of them like normal females.

2nd hand shops can be good . But last week I got two pair of lace knickers in M&S 50p each because they was last two in big sizes

"Terrifying, felt like women were staring at me so felt a little self-conscious. Bought the little black dress, even if it's a little matronly, stockings from m and s and handbag from new look but the shoes were a real problem but got them eventually. Long way to go but I needed to share this as it wasnt the easiest of days x"

Did you get the wig?

If it gets too much for you try ordering clothes online

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

Amazon and Ebay are great places to get wigs from.

By *J GeminiTV/TS  over a year ago

Northumberland

"Terrifying, felt like women were staring at me so felt a little self-conscious. Bought the little black dress, even if it's a little matronly, stockings from m and s and handbag from new look but the shoes were a real problem but got them eventually. Long way to go but I needed to share this as it wasnt the easiest of days x"

Well done and enjoy

It does get easier the more you do it.

Xx

Gusharama and thanks again everyone.Yes Boots No.7 is where my ex went so I will try that and the skin chart is helpful. I have wigs coming from Lvehoney for starters along with a few naughty items, knickers and so on. It's the shoes that are a real prob or is it me? Primani only went up to an 8 same as New Look and MandS, so thank heavens for Evans x x x

I regularly collect ladies outerwear from Bon Marche and the last time I collected something the sales assistant recognised me as a frequent shopper and said I was good to my wife, picking all her shopping up, so I replied, I no longer have a wife, the clothes are for me. She said, Oh I see, do you like our clothes and I mumbled, yes I do. She just smiled and that's nice. Perhaps I'll see her again next time I order something

For shoes try Shoezone, they go up to size 9

» Add a new message to this topic