FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Coronavirus!

Coronavirus!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *weet_Sugar_Lips OP   Couple  over a year ago

wolverhampton

Isn’t this worse for swingers today meet as we play touch kiss etc does no one think it’s best to cancel meets going to clubs etc

I won’t be playing until this has calmed down at least but I think the risk to play for some fun or thrill and passing it on to our family’s friends etc

That’s my views anyway think people should be thinking very hard about this hard as in thoughts not your dick lol because it’s bodily fluids and that’s worse.

Even if you wash your hands etc you don’t know what people do when your not around and if they have it I just think people shouldn’t be playing for while.

What’s your views ??

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think this is getting out of all proportion. People were panic buying hand sanitiser today. I'm just looking forward to getting a cheap holiday to Tenerife when everyone has cancelled last minute.

By *oss25Man  over a year ago

Flitwick and Fakenham

"I think this is getting out of all proportion. People were panic buying hand sanitiser today. I'm just looking forward to getting a cheap holiday to Tenerife when everyone has cancelled last minute."

By *nt1Man  over a year ago

Allington

The way to understand coronavirus is to change the word to common flu. If the government told you to be off work for 2 weeks just because you'd been in a building where someone had flu you'd laugh it off and think it was daft. The thing with this is that because its new and localised they are trying to stop it becoming more widespread. If you get it youre only as likely to become as ill as if you had the flu. Yes people have been killed by it but then 60,000 people are killed by the flu each year. No one looses their minds over that....

"but then 60,000 people are killed by the flu each year. No one looses their minds over that...."

60,000 people do

"but then 60,000 people are killed by the flu each year. No one looses their minds over that....

60,000 people do "

I'd say lose everything

By * AND R 777Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

"I think this is getting out of all proportion. People were panic buying hand sanitiser today. I'm just looking forward to getting a cheap holiday to Tenerife when everyone has cancelled last minute."

I agree more people die every single day of commom flu and tenerife is lovely this time of year

By *ryitonce6978Man  over a year ago

visiting soon

Common flu is a pandemic that isn't controlled and kills thousands Evey year.

Governments are trying to prevent the Corona virus being another pandemic that kills year after year.

By *nt1Man  over a year ago

Allington

My point was that this is not an illness that will bring you out in boils or make you a flesh eating zombie. The media will have you think its like in the film outbreak.

Yes you should support the effort to stop it but don't worry about getting it unless youre already vulnerable to other illnesses.

I am taking precautions like washing hands etc a lot but other than that I really have no fear or worry over this. Not at moment. Maybe if tens of thousands are infected and hundreds dying in this country I will be a bit more concerned

People say they're scare mongering but why would the media do that?

By *thwiltsmMan  over a year ago

salisbury

There is no way I’m going to let a bit of a bad cold stand in the way of me getting my end away

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Common flu is a pandemic that isn't controlled and kills thousands Evey year.

Governments are trying to prevent the Corona virus being another pandemic that kills year after year."

There is no such thing as common flu, there are dozens of strains of flu. That is why the vulnerable are vaccinated every year. The vaccine is for the most common strains that are circulating at that time.

Cal

I’m only doing shower meets until the numbers of those infected start to decrease!

"People say they're scare mongering but why would the media do that? "

New World Order man! Alex Jones told us all about this!

By *NACONDA1000Man  over a year ago

buncrana

Governments are trying to prevent the Corona virus being another pandemic that kills year after year."

NO, NO, NO......governments are using this laboratory engineered virus to create a plausible excuse for implementing a world wide police state.

Think some of you could do with some fresh air. Or a wank

By *thwiltsmMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"I’m only doing shower meets until the numbers of those infected start to decrease! "

Good call! According to the .gov website soapy titwanks are 100% risk free apart from the obvious slip hazard

By *ryitonce6978Man  over a year ago

visiting soon

"Part 1

Governments are trying to prevent the Corona virus being another pandemic that kills year after year.

OP

Part 2

There is no such thing as common flu, there are dozens of strains of flu. That is why the vulnerable are vaccinated every year. The vaccine is for the most common strains that are circulating at that time.

Cal"

Pedantic, but correct. What is generally referred to as common flu is a continually mutated flu virus of a similar, but different strain.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"I’m only doing shower meets until the numbers of those infected start to decrease! "

Not enough caution, only fuck on a vat of alcohol gel. It's the only way!

By *ature friendly coupleCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

I see some people on here are thinking its a bit of a joke and just treating it like flu and yet that alone kills many every year,how many of you have young kids or elderly relations with existing problems...we all need to think about this more seriously.

Yes be careful people.

It's no good playing arses with the virus around.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I see some people on here are thinking its a bit of a joke and just treating it like flu and yet that alone kills many every year,how many of you have young kids or elderly relations with existing problems...we all need to think about this more seriously. "
actually I wouldn't worry about kids... as only 9 infants got the virus in China from dec to Feb. Seems children aren't catching it.. or very few are. But yes it is proving quite deathly for the very old or those with certain conditions.

I havent given up meeting or clubs just yet. I'm also hoping to nab a cheap holiday at the end of April x

By *orgeouslyyoursWoman  over a year ago

essex just looking around

Let's really mix this up!!

So if this feed is basically about health concerns and safety in the swinging scene.

You've way more chance of catching a silent Std .. At least with Corono you'll hear them coughing and a temperature might give it away!

Yes It's important to care about your own health and wellbeing but things should be put into perspective??

By *uffinfaceMan  over a year ago

hengoed

I agrre with you on this, never given it a thought until I read your post, have to be wanks for now

By *inkyman1964Man  over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

Latest advice seems to be wash your hands and drink water.

Don't most people do this anyway?

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

So the jist of this is that going to meets and sex clubs to lick a strangers genitalia is fine until there's a chance you might catch a bad cold off them?

I was in tesco,huge queue at the checkout.

I said in a loud voice "iv just come back from italy and i feel really poorly"

Boy! Did that clear the place!!

Always a silver lining

Peterborough

oh dear.. some so called adult males on here should be classed as children as regards their comments

Covid-19 is not the same as flu and has a MUCH higher fatality rate.

Less than 1% of people die from flu - near 0.1% - that's 1 in 1000.

Covid-19 has a fatality rate of about 6% - that's 60 in 1000.

By *entlecaressMan  over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

It's another aspect of risk which we have to make our own informed choice about

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"The way to understand coronavirus is to change the word to common flu. If the government told you to be off work for 2 weeks just because you'd been in a building where someone had flu you'd laugh it off and think it was daft. The thing with this is that because its new and localised they are trying to stop it becoming more widespread. If you get it youre only as likely to become as ill as if you had the flu. Yes people have been killed by it but then 60,000 people are killed by the flu each year. No one looses their minds over that...."
This would be a really good point except for the one fact that you've missed which betrays the fact that you're not that well informed about the science of this.

There's a huge amount of pre-existing immunity to the common strains of flu; that's why they don't become lethal pandemics each year - add in a bit of vaccination for those who are vulnerable and we have it all under control.

There is no pre-existing immunity to novel viruses; the clue is in the name. Eventually immunity develops but only after the initial wave of the pandemic wipes out thousands of the most vulnerable. Telling people to self isolate isn't about how they feel; it's about what the virus that is giving them the sniffles will do to those who are more vulnerable. Saying 'I'm all right, it's just a cold really' is hugely selfish because you're missing off the end of the sentence '...and if it kills someone less vulnerable than me because I've transmitted it, well, tough shit kid....'

Coming back to the OPs point, I suspect most clubs will do as they should, and follow advice from PHE which, if we enter the mitigate phase, might well invovle some closures of public spaces, but right now, in the contain phase, that's a step too far.

87 confirmed cases in this country, no fatalities. In a country of 67 million.

World wide majority of deaths are in the over 80 age bracket with pre existing health conditions... And men..

I wonder just what we, the world's population, are being distracted from...

By *yx_InannaWoman  over a year ago

Burslem

"Covid-19 is not the same as flu and has a MUCH higher fatality rate.

Covid-19 has a fatality rate of about 6% - that's 60 in 1000."

Numbers are skewed though. Different factors offset the data

Flus data is counted on season numbers, bare in mind most of the populations has been vaccinated yet deaths still occur and only counted during seasonal outbreak not at any other time of the year in which flu can occur.

Novel coronavirus is based on the severity of the patients mild symptoms will go untested and people can be have good immune system to deal with it without it being a huge hindrance.

The largest area for deaths have been where people avoided treatment and have died at home and in densely populated areas. Be it cost of treatment or other factors.

So the 3.4% death rate for the virus may just be favoured figures.

Death tolls increase after the age of 50 and 80+ being 14% chance but that would be the same if elderly didn't get the flu vaccine.

By *inaryGuyMan  over a year ago

Near the River

"87 confirmed cases in this country, no fatalities. In a country of 67 million.

World wide majority of deaths are in the over 80 age bracket with pre existing health conditions... And men..

I wonder just what we, the world's population, are being distracted from... "

It’s good to be vigilant and do the hand washing etc, but agree totally we need to keep some perspective on this

You think it's a global conspiracy?

By *iliciousCouple  over a year ago

Sussex/Surrey

You aren’t being “distracted” from anything. There is plenty of other news still being reported. You can only be “distracted” if you want to be.

By *aastyKnixWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Latest advice seems to be wash your hands and drink water.

Don't most people do this anyway?"

You would hope so but some peoples hygiene standards leave a lot to be desired.

Stoke-on-Trent

"

That applies anywhere not just Swinger's Clubs.

Cash machines, self service checkouts etc.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

dorset

"

I agree, when ever i use public toilets in supermarkets you would be surprised (or not) at how many men dont wash their hands after pissing and shitting. And to think they may go and touch the fresh fruit and veg. Pure Dirt.

I have stocked up on food and supplies just in case

also stocked up on antibiotics

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

dorset

Flus data is counted on season numbers, bare in mind most of the populations has been vaccinated yet deaths still occur and only counted during seasonal outbreak not at any other time of the year in which flu can occur.

Novel coronavirus is based on the severity of the patients mild symptoms will go untested and people can be have good immune system to deal with it without it being a huge hindrance.

The largest area for deaths have been where people avoided treatment and have died at home and in densely populated areas. Be it cost of treatment or other factors.

Death tolls increase after the age of 50 and 80+ being 14% chance but that would be the same if elderly didn't get the flu vaccine."

You seem to know what you are talking about. Do you work in healthcare?

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"I have stocked up on food and supplies just in case

also stocked up on antibiotics"

why antibiotics?

How will antibiotics help you? They don't kill viruses.

Burslem

Death tolls increase after the age of 50 and 80+ being 14% chance but that would be the same if elderly didn't get the flu vaccine.

You seem to know what you are talking about. Do you work in healthcare?"

Does someone have to work in healthcare to know virology?

also stocked up on antibioticswhy antibiotics?"

because one of the secondary infections of corona virus is pneumonia and you treat pneumonia with Amoxicillin and other antibiotics

also, I have no spleen which lowers my immune system

anyone with no spleen is advised to be on antibiotics daily for life

and if not

then as soon as they catch a cold or chest infection they must go on antibiotics right away

Burslem

also stocked up on antibioticswhy antibiotics?

because one of the secondary infections of corona virus is pneumonia and you treat pneumonia with Amoxicillin and other antibiotics

also, I have no spleen which lowers my immune system

anyone with no spleen is advised to be on antibiotics daily for life

and if not

then as soon as they catch a cold or chest infection they must go on antibiotics right away"

There's viral pneumonia and bacterial, the coronavirus causing pneumonia making it viral unless bacteria take a hold secondary to the virus...

I get chest infections from the common cold due to an issue of having had sepsis, the damage causes me on occasions to aspirate foods, liquids, even my own saliva more so when I'm sleeping. My lungs get irritated by the inhaled mucus triggering a bacterial bloom of what normally wouldn't cause a problem in healthy people. Ironically I can now clear infections better without the use of antibiotics than I did before sepsis my immune system could never handle bacterial infections without the assistance of antibiotics which is how I ended up with sepsis

[Removed by poster at 05/03/20 12:11:22]

Anyway, to the Op's question, we're limiting our social and travel activities to just the essential for the time being. Not because of panic or the media but because it seems sensible.

Hopefully the picture will be a lot clearer in a month or two and we can reassess.

Has anyone seen the coronovirous youtube documentary about what's going on in China.

There were people dead on the streets, the police/government going into peoples homes checking temps and forcefully taking anyone with a temp. There's videos of the government wielding and locking with chains peoples houses so they couldn't get out.

Its scary to think that could happen.

"The way to understand coronavirus is to change the word to common flu. If the government told you to be off work for 2 weeks just because you'd been in a building where someone had flu you'd laugh it off and think it was daft. The thing with this is that because its new and localised they are trying to stop it becoming more widespread. If you get it youre only as likely to become as ill as if you had the flu. Yes people have been killed by it but then 60,000 people are killed by the flu each year. No one looses their minds over that...."

Exactly this! Spot on. Also as a side note i had to laugh as i found myself nodding and reading intently to someone with a profile pic of them balls deep in someone! Only on fab eh lol

By *ungMarried2020Man  over a year ago

Halifax

"Has anyone seen the coronovirous youtube documentary about what's going on in China.

There were people dead on the streets, the police/government going into peoples homes checking temps and forcefully taking anyone with a temp. There's videos of the government wielding and locking with chains peoples houses so they couldn't get out.

Its scary to think that could happen."

Really? What’s the link? How do you know it’s genuine?

"Has anyone seen the coronovirous youtube documentary about what's going on in China.

Its scary to think that could happen."

Peterborough

you are typical of some mens attitude to health warnings and if everyone acted as you seem to do then this problem would probably be worse.

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

"you are typical of some mens attitude to health warnings and if everyone acted as you seem to do then this problem would probably be worse."

Who are you talking to?

By *heik yourwillyMan  over a year ago

shire

[Removed by poster at 05/03/20 15:21:39]

Really? What’s the link? How do you know it’s genuine?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycrqXJYf1SU

"The way to understand coronavirus is to change the word to common flu. If the government told you to be off work for 2 weeks just because you'd been in a building where someone had flu you'd laugh it off and think it was daft. The thing with this is that because its new and localised they are trying to stop it becoming more widespread. If you get it youre only as likely to become as ill as if you had the flu. Yes people have been killed by it but then 60,000 people are killed by the flu each year. No one looses their minds over that....

Exactly this! Spot on. Also as a side note i had to laugh as i found myself nodding and reading intently to someone with a profile pic of them balls deep in someone! Only on fab eh lol "

Great except for the fact that it's factually incorrect.

The seasonal flu kills about 0.35% of known cases. It is impossible to determine how many are dying from COVID-19 at this stage but it's looking to be at least 3.4%. So 10 times more deadly.

Looking at how many people die of flu per year is irrelevant. That's out of millions of people who were infected. There's still less than 100 000 people infected with COVID-19 so far. So far. How many will eventually be infected is unknown. How many will eventually die is unknown.

Someone's been affected with the virus just down the road from me now and the house is closed off.

I think this is going to spread everywhere.

Think I'll just stick to shagging one pussy just now to be safev

By *manaWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

All ridiculous. Just be clean and remember more people die from flu.

Its swine flu or SARS point 2..

By *edVelveteenCouple  over a year ago

Heaven in the Midlands

This exactly.

There's a vaccine for flu to protect the most vulnerable. I think that's the difference. No need for panic, but sensible precautions.

"All ridiculous. Just be clean and remember more people die from flu.

Its swine flu or SARS point 2.. "

People keep saying more people die from the flue.. But the corona virus hasn't been around for long, so I can't see how you can compare the two.

Its swine flu or SARS point 2..

People keep saying more people die from the flue.. But the corona virus hasn't been around for long, so I can't see how you can compare the two. "

SARS was contained. This wasn't. Completely different story.

Like I keep saying. What was the final death toll for COVID-19?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/05/trump-coronavirus-who-global-death-rate-false-number

When the rhetoric of fab forum users becomes indistinguishable from Trump gumph then it really cause for alarm.

By *er_kateCouple  over a year ago

manchester

Just think people are getting a little bit paranoid and the press arint helping the population of China is 1.6 billon people total amount of people with Corona virus 98000 what's the percentage of that UK population 66 Millon people with Corona virus 110 think we need to panic when it's gets into the tens of thousands not the hundreds

"oh dear.. some so called adult males on here should be classed as children as regards their comments"

Get a life ffs!

Its swine flu or SARS point 2.. "

'Just be clean' Classic

YAWN.

fabcovid19debate.com

I care about those vulnerable being exposed to it. As for myself, well the possible chance of my catching it and the effects on me? I couldn't give a monkeys.

The effects of all this hysteria on my industry and the very real chance that I may have scant work for 6 months and have to fill a 20 grand hole somehow I care about very much indeed.

B

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I had a meet cancelled due to a delayed flight. If this guy thought there was a risk he wouldn’t have arranged a meet. He works in hospital theatres.

I was looking forward to meeting up as I’ve known him for a few years.

"Part 1

OP

Part 2

Cal

Pedantic, but correct. What is generally referred to as common flu is a continually mutated flu virus of a similar, but different strain."

Another pedant - the cold is common not the flu. Must mean the flu is posh

Just stock up on alcohol.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

also stocked up on antibiotics

Just stock up on alcohol. "

What are the antibiotics for,it is a virus,antibiotics do not help

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Yeah think I'm semi retired for the time being. Having asthma, not very bad, but still at risk. The attitudes on display here for give me much hope that people are taking it seriously. At least I might get a couple of weeks of school.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"Yeah think I'm semi retired for the time being. Having asthma, not very bad, but still at risk. The attitudes on display here for give me much hope that people are taking it seriously. At least I might get a couple of weeks of school. "

Off

Just be sensible! Common sense really!

Anyone think its the plague!

Oh ffs.... Who mentioned the C word again?

By *arry WindsorMan  over a year ago

Heaton Park Manchester

Really? What’s the link? How do you know it’s genuine?"

Isn't it obvious to you?

It's on youtube!

Everyone knows that everything on the internet is true.

Just like all the profiles here on Fab.

By *unscot44Man  over a year ago

Stepps (Glasgow)

I suspect that depending on how the next few weeks pan out a lot of people might change their opinions.

Personally i think when you look at the draconian measures most Govts/countries are taking and the fact that the WHO and all health bodies are taking this extremely seriously means that we should not be too complacent.

By *ixen500Couple  over a year ago

some where near shropshire

"I see some people on here are thinking its a bit of a joke and just treating it like flu and yet that alone kills many every year,how many of you have young kids or elderly relations with existing problems...we all need to think about this more seriously. "

Well said !!

By *ieutenantMan  over a year ago

london

Surprise. to hear un-helpful comments regarding this deadly virus. As a responsible person.strickly adhere to government advice.Avoid crowd.mostly when you have underlying medical conditions.Your health come first.swining aside for the time being

Dudley

"Surprise. to hear un-helpful comments regarding this deadly virus. As a responsible person.strickly adhere to government advice.Avoid crowd.mostly when you have underlying medical conditions.Your health come first.swining aside for the time being "

The advice is not to avoid crowds at all. If you look on the nhs website it says the best prevention is washing hands and you're only advised to avoid public places if you've spoken to a medical professional and they think you're a risk to other people.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I'm playing the soundtrack of the film The Satan Bug directed by John Sturges while reading this thread and while watching news reports, it's like being in a disaster/horror movie, nice n creepy.

Yep I've stopped meeting, was out of action due to work and family commitments already.

Funny thing , back in October I thought something like this might occurr.

ref- Eyes of Darkness by Dean Koontz 1981.

By *ownhamguyMan  over a year ago

Battle

Can you get it by rimming someones arse?

Asking for a friend

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Bloody sick of hearing about this bloody virus ... I won’t be cancellng anything or changing my lifestyle

I feel I'm physically strong enough to get through it if I got it, however if I had to self isolate for a few weeks financially it's a different story.

I cannot afford a minimum of weeks off work without pay.

How many people will end up homeless because of it?

P

By *estofbothCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

We travel a lot, and would say we’re being mindful, rather than anything else.

We played with some friends at a club in Amsterdam this week, one of which is a doctor, and didn’t really adjust how we approach things too much. Airport we used more hand sanitiser and went straight to the lounge rather than hang around in shops. Otherwise everything just seemed normal.

We have plans to travel next week and over the coming months, currently we intend to continue with these trips, however have no problem cancelling if it doesn’t seem wise.

Play wise we may limit meets, and foreign club visits will be the first to drop off if we don’t feel comfortable, but currently a careful continue is what we’re going for.

We are however mindful that we could be the perfect vector for this thing so if an area becomes particularly infected then we won’t visit. Self isolation will be ok too, might do that anyway, couple of weeks of peace would be lovely.

I think I'll be led by the good scientists who are trying to prevent things getting worse, and give things a miss.

I'm pretty sure if there was just one person in a group scene with this at a club then a lot of folks would be infected - it's to do with all the saliva and body fluid being swapped, and a direct entry via those germs on hands and bodies getting into mouths, eyes and noses.

Put it this way... if you catch it off a handshake or a door handle, you can totally catch it in an orgy! I know it's not what we want to hear, but sex is incredibly close contact with someone.

For now, the govt are asking us all to do what we can to prevent the spread to others. I'm sure I'd be fine if I caught this, but would feel awful if I passed it on to anyone else who died, just because I wanted to get my end away. I can probably tot up about 10 people I know who are elederly or with medical conditions who I could pass it to if I caught it - not worth it.

So have a wank instead folks while this sorts itself out - it feels good, and safer for everyone concerned.

End of public service announcement.

life goes on

Dudley

"I think I'll be led by the good scientists who are trying to prevent things getting worse, and give things a miss.

I'm pretty sure if there was just one person in a group scene with this at a club then a lot of folks would be infected - it's to do with all the saliva and body fluid being swapped, and a direct entry via those germs on hands and bodies getting into mouths, eyes and noses.

Put it this way... if you catch it off a handshake or a door handle, you can totally catch it in an orgy! I know it's not what we want to hear, but sex is incredibly close contact with someone.

For now, the govt are asking us all to do what we can to prevent the spread to others. I'm sure I'd be fine if I caught this, but would feel awful if I passed it on to anyone else who died, just because I wanted to get my end away. I can probably tot up about 10 people I know who are elederly or with medical conditions who I could pass it to if I caught it - not worth it.

So have a wank instead folks while this sorts itself out - it feels good, and safer for everyone concerned.

End of public service announcement."

Where else are you not going to go?

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

That’s today’s Snowflake society for you.

If you are going to get it then you are going to get it.

Strange how people who previously probably didn’t wash their hands after a trip to the loo have suddenly been in and bought up all the loo rolls and hand sanitizer?

The mind boggles

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"That’s today’s Snowflake society for you.

Strange how people who previously probably didn’t wash their hands after a trip to the loo have suddenly been in and bought up all the loo rolls and hand sanitizer?

The mind boggles "

Dudley

The mind boggles "

That's one thing that grosses me out, everyone that suddenly washes their hands but didn't before

The mind boggles "

Are people 'snowflakes'for worrying about their nearest and dearest who may suffer worse from underlying conditions or being elderly?

What an utterly stupid comment

Most people are not thinking about themselves, but others. I know that's deeply unfashionable these days. I'm utterly fed up with this snowflake bullshit. Stop being gaslit by the right wing media

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

Well said

Worcester

The mind boggles

Are people 'snowflakes'for worrying about their nearest and dearest who may suffer worse from underlying conditions or being elderly?

What an utterly stupid comment"

Obviously people will be concerned for their elderly but my comment was aimed at the panic buyers who only fuel the fire.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

The mind boggles

What an utterly stupid comment

Obviously people will be concerned for their elderly but my comment was aimed at the

panic buyers who only fuel the fire."

I visited Costco yesterday it opens at 10am.

By that time the care park was packed I have never in all my life seen so many people in one store with absolutely massive queue.

packets of loo role limited to one per person.

“ like a swarm of locusts “.

By *andemanMan  over a year ago

bedforshire

I was thinking about putting up a post about this myself. Some good interesting points on this thread.

It does strike me that there has been a total panic about this amoungst the majority of health people that is unnessesary. The vulnerable should take procaustions and the rest of us wash our hands.

I accept the suggestion that we should consider the more at risk people and do things to help thier safty. But the media should be putting it to us in those terms and they are not.

Instead they are generating mass panic and fear. Why?

Well one factual point (leave others to think about if it is conected or not) is that the stock market having taken a massive dive recovered somewhat. That only happens when people start buying at the lower price and as a result vaules rise. So if you buy stocks at £1 and sell them at £1.10 thats a 10% profit. If you invest £1mill and sell you make £100k proffit. Someone is getting rich off this.

"I was thinking about putting up a post about this myself. Some good interesting points on this thread.

It does strike me that there has been a total panic about this amoungst the majority of health people that is unnessesary. The vulnerable should take procaustions and the rest of us wash our hands.

I accept the suggestion that we should consider the more at risk people and do things to help thier safty. But the media should be putting it to us in those terms and they are not.

Well one factual point (leave others to think about if it is conected or not) is that the stock market having taken a massive dive recovered somewhat. That only happens when people start buying at the lower price and as a result vaules rise. So if you buy stocks at £1 and sell them at £1.10 thats a 10% profit. If you invest £1mill and sell you make £100k proffit. Someone is getting rich off this."

Of course people will get rich off it. But for the rest of us, taking precautions and thinking about those less equipped health-wise is only sensible.

This is what happens when you have a government striving for low tax and less regulations, that is there purely to cut corners and make money for this who can afford to prosper.

By *estofbothCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

We shorted stocks in airlines and cruise firms or their holding portfolios a few weeks ago. Worked out ok. The cynic inside says that if we are doing this, somebody with a controlling stake in media could be setting themselves up very nicely. But that’s always the case.

"I was thinking about putting up a post about this myself. Some good interesting points on this thread.

Well one factual point (leave others to think about if it is conected or not) is that the stock market having taken a massive dive recovered somewhat. That only happens when people start buying at the lower price and as a result vaules rise. So if you buy stocks at £1 and sell them at £1.10 thats a 10% profit. If you invest £1mill and sell you make £100k proffit. Someone is getting rich off this."

That's a very simplistic view of the market. Stocks rise or fall on confidence not on panic buying. All panic buying is to the market is a run on current stock which inevitably will lead to a slump in sales further down the line. If someone is getting rich from people panic buying them they are going to get poorer when people stop buying the product due to over stocking.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Everyone take a breath... you don’t need more toilet paper! That won’t help with the Coronavirus BUT HERES SOME INFORMATION THAT WILL!

82,000 People are sick with Coronavirus at the moment, of which 77,000 are in China.

This means that if you are not in or haven't recently visited China or infected areas, this should eliminate 94% of your concern.

If you do contract Coronavirus, this still is not a cause for panic because:

81% of the Cases are MILD

14% of the Cases are MODERATE

Only 5% of the Cases are CRITICAL

Which means that even if you do get the virus, you are most likely to recover from it.

Some have said, “but this is worse than SARS!”. SARS had a fatality rate of 10% while COVID-19 has a fatality rate of 3.4%

Moreover, looking at the ages of those who are dying of this virus, the death rate for the people UNDER 50 years of age is only 0.2%

This means that if you are under 50 years of age and don't live in China or infected areas - you are more likely to win the lottery (which has a 1 in 45,000,000 chance)

Let’s take one of the worst days so far, the 10th of February, when 108 people in CHINA died of Coronavirus.

On the same day:

26,283 people died of Cancer

24,641 people died of Heart Disease

4,300 people died of Diabetes

Suicide took 28 times more lives than the virus did.

Mosquitoes kill 2,740 people every day,

HUMANS kill 1,300 fellow humans every day,

Snakes kill 137 people every day,

Sharks kill 2 people a year.

Let’s carry on with our lives and not listen to Bullshit that’s posted on social media making everyone buy up shit for no reason.

Dudley

"Most people are not thinking about themselves, but others. I know that's deeply unfashionable these days. I'm utterly fed up with this snowflake bullshit. Stop being gaslit by the right wing media"

Just because people aren't running round like morons, it doesn't mean they don't care about others. I'm following advice given by the NHS which is to carry on as normal, just be mindful of washing hands and touching your face. For the record, I'm a full time carer to my mother who is in the higher risk category through health issues.

Of course people will get rich off it. But for the rest of us, taking precautions and thinking about those less equipped health-wise is only sensible.

This is what happens when you have a government striving for low tax and less regulations, that is there purely to cut corners and make money for this who can afford to prosper.

"Most people are not thinking about themselves, but others. I know that's deeply unfashionable these days. I'm utterly fed up with this snowflake bullshit. Stop being gaslit by the right wing media

Just because people aren't running round like morons, it doesn't mean they don't care about others. I'm following advice given by the NHS which is to carry on as normal, just be mindful of washing hands and touching your face. For the record, I'm a full time carer to my mother who is in the higher risk category through health issues. "

And for the record, my mum has cancer and is immuno suppressed. I don't like being called a snowflake for simply taking precautions.

By *andemanMan  over a year ago

bedforshire

"Most people are not thinking about themselves, but others. I know that's deeply unfashionable these days. I'm utterly fed up with this snowflake bullshit. Stop being gaslit by the right wing media

Just because people aren't running round like morons, it doesn't mean they don't care about others. I'm following advice given by the NHS which is to carry on as normal, just be mindful of washing hands and touching your face. For the record, I'm a full time carer to my mother who is in the higher risk category through health issues.

And for the record, my mum has cancer and is immuno suppressed. I don't like being called a snowflake for simply taking precautions."

Dont think your a snowflake at all. Good mannors alone should tell people to wash rhier hands and civer thier mouth and nose when they sneeze. Its the panic element and the media hype that i find frustrating. Concern for the more vulnerable is again just good mannors.

As for symplistic market analysis well i am not a stock broaker but the basics are true.

Prices for Tenerife are dropping faster than the victims of Corona. The estimated peak of the virus is due around mid-summer. I reckon a week all-inclusive could go for as little as £100 then. Grab yourself a bargain.

Dudley

And for the record, my mum has cancer and is immuno suppressed. I don't like being called a snowflake for simply taking precautions."

Nobody called you a snowflake, you chose to take offence to something that wasn't addressed to you.

And for the record, my mum has cancer and is immuno suppressed. I don't like being called a snowflake for simply taking precautions.

Nobody called you a snowflake, you chose to take offence to something that wasn't addressed to you."

'Todays snowflake society'.....last time I lookedi was in 'society'

I went to the store to panic buy toilet paper but they had run out, so I panic bought whisky instead. My theory is that if I drink enough whisky I won't give a shit and therefore won't need toilet paper.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

"I went to the store to panic buy toilet paper but they had run out, so I panic bought whisky instead. My theory is that if I drink enough whisky I won't give a shit and therefore won't need toilet paper. "

Good thinking.

Dudley

Nobody called you a snowflake, you chose to take offence to something that wasn't addressed to you.

'Todays snowflake society'.....last time I lookedi was in 'society'"

So am i but I'm not taking offence to something that wasn't aimed at me.

"Everyone take a breath... you don’t need more toilet paper! That won’t help with the Coronavirus BUT HERES SOME INFORMATION THAT WILL!

82,000 People are sick with Coronavirus at the moment, of which 77,000 are in China.

This means that if you are not in or haven't recently visited China or infected areas, this should eliminate 94% of your concern.

Which means that even if you do get the virus, you are most likely to recover from it.

Some have said, “but this is worse than SARS!”. SARS had a fatality rate of 10% while COVID-19 has a fatality rate of 3.4%

Moreover, looking at the ages of those who are dying of this virus, the death rate for the people UNDER 50 years of age is only 0.2%

This means that if you are under 50 years of age and don't live in China or infected areas - you are more likely to win the lottery (which has a 1 in 45,000,000 chance)

Let’s take one of the worst days so far, the 10th of February, when 108 people in CHINA died of Coronavirus.

On the same day:

Let’s carry on with our lives and not listen to Bullshit that’s posted on social media making everyone buy up shit for no reason."

The stock piling of loo rolls had me ... It's not a diarrhoea and vomiting virus.

Burslem

"Everyone take a breath... you don’t need more toilet paper! That won’t help with the Coronavirus BUT HERES SOME INFORMATION THAT WILL!

On the same day:

Let’s carry on with our lives and not listen to Bullshit that’s posted on social media making everyone buy up shit for no reason.

The stock piling of loo rolls had me ... It's not a diarrhoea and vomiting virus. "

Well I'd say the toilet roll bulk purchases is just incase shops have none left in stock due to the reduction on importing. Everyone's been there sat on the toilet and no loo roll left in there and you're left with the dilemma of squeeze your cheeks and wiggle to go get a roll or if lucky enough someone to bring you one. So if you were on your last roll at home and shops got none do you resort to newspaper or picking dock leaves to take to the toilet

On the same day:

Let’s carry on with our lives and not listen to Bullshit that’s posted on social media making everyone buy up shit for no reason."

https://fullfact.org/online/coronavirus-daily-deaths/

On the same day:

The stock piling of loo rolls had me ... It's not a diarrhoea and vomiting virus.

Well I'd say the toilet roll bulk purchases is just incase shops have none left in stock due to the reduction on importing. Everyone's been there sat on the toilet and no loo roll left in there and you're left with the dilemma of squeeze your cheeks and wiggle to go get a roll or if lucky enough someone to bring you one. So if you were on your last roll at home and shops got none do you resort to newspaper or picking dock leaves to take to the toilet "

Gosh I've not used newspaper since being a child.

By *astyfella999Man  over a year ago

newcastle

"Isn’t this worse for swingers today meet as we play touch kiss etc does no one think it’s best to cancel meets going to clubs etc

I won’t be playing until this has calmed down at least but I think the risk to play for some fun or thrill and passing it on to our family’s friends etc

That’s my views anyway think people should be thinking very hard about this hard as in thoughts not your dick lol because it’s bodily fluids and that’s worse.

Even if you wash your hands etc you don’t know what people do when your not around and if they have it I just think people shouldn’t be playing for while.

What’s your views ?? "

It’s only the flu

But this is more contagious it spreads a lot quicker

Dosnt cause Diarrhoea It’s a lung Base infection so no need to stock up on Loo rolls

I’m a paramedic with over 30 yrs experience

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

On the same day:

Don’t want to get too much into picking apart your figures, but there just isn’t reliable data to support your conclusions, particularly the winning the lottery statistic.

90% plus of the cases so far are in China, but their government has not been anywhere near truthful on this issue so far. When you account for seasonal factors the error bars on the fatality rate of 3.4% are enormous. The incubation period and the length of time the virus appears to survive outside the body are very concerning.

Having said all that, most likely scenario according to history is that the fuss will have died down in a month or so, towards the end of the year our government will have stockpiled a billion pounds worth of a new vaccine, and it will never be used.

By *ootballFlowerCouple  over a year ago

Ollerton

Out of interest for those of you who are not going to be meeting in clubs or general have you also stopped going out to eat or to the cinema etc, stopped your colleagues making you a cuppa, using public transport or wearing gloves when you fill with fuel?

I have a medically suppressed immune system so am at risk but know in reality I cannot avoid it.

this virus is airborn so u carnt escape it. If u get it or a cold i sugest u go to a sauna the heat makes u swet so cleans ur skin and hot air in ur lungs dries them out .as we all know if u get a virus u get a fever because ur body makes heat to kil the virus off .so regular trips to a sauna wil help kil it just make shure to have water with u

By *aptop9Man  over a year ago

Worthing

i find it strange that there are some considering not playing incase they do catch something, then guys and couples asking for BB sex, the chances of catching something that way , the odds are really against you... Play safe!!

By *ickDastardlyMan  over a year ago

North East

Its a problem, thats for sure.

But the amount of hysteria being peddled out by the media is far too much.

Sky News are going mad. They were talking about streamed funerals yesterday. People fighting over toilet roll.

I was in a service station on the M6 yesterday and a man singing Happy Birthday outloud whilst washing his hands.

It's like the worlds gone mad.

In a world of 7.8 BILLION people. 107,000 have been diagnosed so far. 3,700 have died and 60,000 have recovered.

Most of those in concentrated areas (Wuhan, HK, Northern Italy). Take the precautions the World Health Organisation recommends, not travel to the worst effected areas of the world.

Its a bit like terrorism is some respects, I'm not living in fear of it and it won't stop me doing what I want to do.

Dudley

"this virus is airborn so u carnt escape it. If u get it or a cold i sugest u go to a sauna the heat makes u swet so cleans ur skin and hot air in ur lungs dries them out .as we all know if u get a virus u get a fever because ur body makes heat to kil the virus off .so regular trips to a sauna wil help kil it just make shure to have water with u"

"Its a problem, thats for sure.

But the amount of hysteria being peddled out by the media is far too much.

Sky News are going mad. They were talking about streamed funerals yesterday. People fighting over toilet roll.

I was in a service station on the M6 yesterday and a man singing Happy Birthday outloud whilst washing his hands.

It's like the worlds gone mad.

In a world of 7.8 BILLION people. 107,000 have been diagnosed so far. 3,700 have died and 60,000 have recovered.

Most of those in concentrated areas (Wuhan, HK, Northern Italy). Take the precautions the World Health Organisation recommends, not travel to the worst effected areas of the world.

Its a bit like terrorism is some respects, I'm not living in fear of it and it won't stop me doing what I want to do. "

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

NO, NO, NO......governments are using this laboratory engineered virus to create a plausible excuse for implementing a world wide police state. "

To sell papers!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"this virus is airborn so u carnt escape it. If u get it or a cold i sugest u go to a sauna the heat makes u swet so cleans ur skin and hot air in ur lungs dries them out .as we all know if u get a virus u get a fever because ur body makes heat to kil the virus off .so regular trips to a sauna wil help kil it just make shure to have water with u"

If any of that was true it still wouldn't be a good idea because you would just infect anybody who used the sauna with or after you. Hot, moist air allows infection to spread and the sauna I use has hot coals that people regularly pour water on.

"People say they're scare mongering but why would the media do that?

To sell papers! "

Bad news sells look how the media reported Brexit, only negative results same again.

AIDS kills. Ok I’ll wear a thin piece of rubber on my cock. But I’m still gonna stick my tongue in your pussy/swallow your cum.

Coronavirus is a version of influenza. I’m cancelling everything and holding up in a cabin in the mountains until humanity dies off. Oh and ordering 300 big rolls.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"so regular trips to a sauna wil help kil it just make shure to have water with "

Regular trips to the Sauna won't kill it. Not hot enough.

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

I read, but dont know how true, the stock markets were due to dip massively, and this has distracted that issue, and also can be used as an excuse, thats why its been banded all over the tv etc. Like i say, i dont know how true it is tho

Corona virus was invented by Andrex in order to increase sales of loo roll?

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Seriously, we are carrying on with our lives as usual.

It's just a virus that is being hyped up by media.

By *havenbabe01Couple  over a year ago

bedfordshire

no one has mentioned brexit or the poor people that have been flooded etc etc

since this broke

By *inaryGuyMan  over a year ago

Near the River

Apparently the average age of all the deaths in Italy is 81. On the radio - someone from the British Institute of Cleaning ? saying hand sanitizers don’t work and attract more infections and simply recommends keeping yourself fit and keep washing your hands

"People say they're scare mongering but why would the media do that?

To sell papers! "

To use as toilet paper when the loo rolls run out

"Seriously, we are carrying on with our lives as usual.

It's just a virus that is being hyped up by media."

well said

https://youtu.be/dcJDpV-igjs

This an epidemiologist who has spent 20 years on fighting epidemics.

Lots of really good common sense answers that kick the crap out of what our forum experts are saying.

Worth watching.

It's just a virus that is being hyped up by media."

Nope, and time will show you that you are wrong. Its not just a virus. Its hyped by media for a very good reason. Anyway, let's wait and see

It's just a virus that is being hyped up by media.

Nope, and time will show you that you are wrong. Its not just a virus. Its hyped by media for a very good reason. Anyway, let's wait and see"

What do you mean not just a virus? Are you a conspiracy theorist?

[Removed by poster at 09/03/20 09:48:45]

No, I mean it's a virus that the world never seen before. Its deadly,causes severe illness and spreading in away that scientists never seen before. I think it's up to us how to deal with, if we underestimate the threat, the consequences will be severe. As of now, the government is underestimating the virus. Just a reminder, 3 weeks ago Italy had just 3 cases, today 16 million are in lockdown, ....now call this "just a virus"

It’s a strain of a virus that was discovered over 70 years ago. Not a new virus at all. Coronavirus is even listed on the back of some clinical wipes. Stop over reacting and causing unfounded panic.

Or get ya self to Tesco and buy a thousand bog rolls.

"It’s a strain of a virus that was discovered over 70 years ago. Not a new virus at all. Coronavirus is even listed on the back of some clinical wipes. Stop over reacting and causing unfounded panic.

Or get ya self to Tesco and buy a thousand bog rolls. "

There are different strains. This one they cannot model, only as it happens. Look at China, look at Italy, I think we won't far behind what is going on in Italy now

"No, I mean it's a virus that the world never seen before. Its deadly,causes severe illness and spreading in away that scientists never seen before. I think it's up to us how to deal with, if we underestimate the threat, the consequences will be severe. As of now, the government is underestimating the virus. Just a reminder, 3 weeks ago Italy had just 3 cases, today 16 million are in lockdown, ....now call this "just a virus""

The world sees these type of viruses come up regularly. The problem is due to it being a new strain as no-one has had the opportunity to build up immunity.

You say the spread of it hasn't been seen before, well consider the phrase "it's gone viral" and you'll realise you're wrong.

By *tticusukMan  over a year ago

Formby

"It’s a strain of a virus that was discovered over 70 years ago. Not a new virus at all. Coronavirus is even listed on the back of some clinical wipes. Stop over reacting and causing unfounded panic.

Incorrect.

Stop being a dumb fuck and telling people not to panic.

Coronavirus is the family of virus’s.

Each virus is different, so it is a new virus!

Stoke-on-Trent

Or get ya self to Tesco and buy a thousand bog rolls.

Incorrect.

Stop being a dumb fuck and telling people not to panic.

Coronavirus is the family of virus’s.

Each virus is different, so it is a new virus!

"

It's Friday new strain of virus, similar to others but not exactly sure the same.

Don't be a dope and do some research before posting ill informed nonsense, it doesn't take much effort and it stops you looking like a fool. Not everyone who happens to be aware of, or at risk from the possible dangers of Covid 19 is running out and panic buying either.

By *tudog1Man  over a year ago

Southampton

Just looking forward to all those people who have cleared the shops out to be stuck with a ton of rotting food once this all blows over

"Just looking forward to all those people who have cleared the shops out to be stuck with a ton of rotting food once this all blows over "

I'm not so sure tin foods and frozen foods will be rotting

Formby

"Just looking forward to all those people who have cleared the shops out to be stuck with a ton of rotting food once this all blows over "

Yeah pretty sure people are stock piling non perishables.

Worcester

Have the folk buying up all the sanitizer gel etc not realised that by doing so they are making the spread of the virus more likely.

By depriving others you are raising the stakes.

Dudley

"Have the folk buying up all the sanitizer gel etc not realised that by doing so they are making the spread of the virus more likely.

By depriving others you are raising the stakes."

Stop being sensible!

"No, I mean it's a virus that the world never seen before. Its deadly,causes severe illness and spreading in away that scientists never seen before. I think it's up to us how to deal with, if we underestimate the threat, the consequences will be severe. As of now, the government is underestimating the virus. Just a reminder, 3 weeks ago Italy had just 3 cases, today 16 million are in lockdown, ....now call this "just a virus"

The world sees these type of viruses come up regularly. The problem is due to it being a new strain as no-one has had the opportunity to build up immunity.

You say the spread of it hasn't been seen before, well consider the phrase "it's gone viral" and you'll realise you're wrong. "

I dont think saying "it's gone viral" will change the impact of this "well known" virus. It doesn't give a shit if you know it or not or of how you name it. Its dangerous, people and the government should realise that. Let's not forget that this fucked up weather is just heaven for viruses.. wet, mouldy , cold...anyway, I know that 70% of people are underestimating how bloody dangerous the situation is but hey....I'm not the one who will change the world. Let's wait , give it 3 to 4 weeks and re-read my message again. Or maybe just look at what's going on in Italy...

By *rtraymondo76Man  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Because it's the job of the media in all it's forms to SELL the story to whoever wants to buy, read, look at, or otherwise take notice, IT'S THEIR JOB. An old newspaper adage is "Never let the facts stand in the way of a good story". True when newspapers were the prime method of distributing news, and still true today, but with wider, and faster means at their disposal.

By *wistedTooCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

So, yeah, it’s not good. But the vast majority of coronavirus people have gotten over it without any treatment. It passes.

It affects people with less strong immune systems for sure but the vast majority of people will not be done in by it any worse than a bad flu. Not a good thing to experience for sure! But it’s not killing people in the numbers I think people think it is.

However, the best thing to do is avoid people who’ve been to affected regions and stay calm! Keep clean. Wash your hands properly (check NHS site to see how.. most people don’t wash their hands properly!).

It's pretty certain that we are heading for some form of quarantine shortly. The government is just trying to keep a lid on till the Easter hols.... They won't be able to.

"Isn’t this worse for swingers today meet as we play touch kiss etc does no one think it’s best to cancel meets going to clubs etc

What’s your views ?? "

Yeah I'll be only playing with my regular....

Worcester

"Have the folk buying up all the sanitizer gel etc not realised that by doing so they are making the spread of the virus more likely.

Stop being sensible! "

Sorry, it’s my caring nature

By *xhibcoupleausCouple  over a year ago

sydney

Stop being sensible!

Sorry, it’s my caring nature "

Try living in Australia where morons have stockpiled toilet paper resulting in empty supermarket shelves

It's hard to wrap your head around how stupid some people can be

Formby

Stop being sensible!

Sorry, it’s my caring nature

Try living in Australia where morons have stockpiled toilet paper resulting in empty supermarket shelves

It's hard to wrap your head around how stupid some people can be "

IGA in Albany has loads.

"No, I mean it's a virus that the world never seen before. Its deadly,causes severe illness and spreading in away that scientists never seen before. I think it's up to us how to deal with, if we underestimate the threat, the consequences will be severe. As of now, the government is underestimating the virus. Just a reminder, 3 weeks ago Italy had just 3 cases, today 16 million are in lockdown, ....now call this "just a virus"

You say the spread of it hasn't been seen before, well consider the phrase "it's gone viral" and you'll realise you're wrong.

I dont think saying "it's gone viral" will change the impact of this "well known" virus. It doesn't give a shit if you know it or not or of how you name it. Its dangerous, people and the government should realise that. Let's not forget that this fucked up weather is just heaven for viruses.. wet, mouldy , cold...anyway, I know that 70% of people are underestimating how bloody dangerous the situation is but hey....I'm not the one who will change the world. Let's wait , give it 3 to 4 weeks and re-read my message again. Or maybe just look at what's going on in Italy..."

A virus, a viral infection, the point is that it's contagious. I was simply on about the word and the fact the like of it has been seen before. . Self isolating is about quarantine/contain the virus during the contagious part of its life cycle.

Do you seriously think this is an apocalyptic issue? I think the black death had more chance of that.

Burslem

I dont think saying "it's gone viral" will change the impact of this "well known" virus. It doesn't give a shit if you know it or not or of how you name it. Its dangerous, people and the government should realise that. Let's not forget that this fucked up weather is just heaven for viruses.. wet, mouldy , cold...anyway, I know that 70% of people are underestimating how bloody dangerous the situation is but hey....I'm not the one who will change the world. Let's wait , give it 3 to 4 weeks and re-read my message again. Or maybe just look at what's going on in Italy...

A virus, a viral infection, the point is that it's contagious. I was simply on about the word and the fact the like of it has been seen before. . Self isolating is about quarantine/contain the virus during the contagious part of its life cycle.

Do you seriously think this is an apocalyptic issue? I think the black death had more chance of that. "

The black death could still do so considering its still about now albeit it when discovered it's quarantined. It hasn't been eradicated it just isn't news worthy. People failing quarantine measures is what causes spread. Basic hygiene and self isolation will minimize spread of any viral and bacterial infections. But going out to nightclubs it's obvious people fail in basic hygiene, wash your hands!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's at an incredibly low risk level of being caught in the uk atm, so I'm continuing as normal, until it massively increases.

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"It's at an incredibly low risk level of being caught in the uk atm, so I'm continuing as normal, until it massively increases."

Sounds eminently sensible.... I am working along similar lines..

Meets are only safe if you go in with the bog brush and detol before any action.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Wrong on everything. The sauna won't kill it. And the human body is incredibly good at homeostasis. Sweating won't clean your skin properly either - I'd hope you'd not turn up to a meet and didn't shower as you'd sweated, so were clean - simple soap and water is all that's needed to clean your skin.

"It's at an incredibly low risk level of being caught in the uk atm, so I'm continuing as normal, until it massively increases.

"

I think most people are doing the same atm, but when it does start infecting more people then I'll be quarantining myself, as it has a higher chance of doing me in and I'm not quite ready to go just yet.

"this virus is airborn so u carnt escape it. If u get it or a cold i sugest u go to a sauna the heat makes u swet so cleans ur skin and hot air in ur lungs dries them out .as we all know if u get a virus u get a fever because ur body makes heat to kil the virus off .so regular trips to a sauna wil help kil it just make shure to have water with u

Wrong on everything. The sauna won't kill it. And the human body is incredibly good at homeostasis. Sweating won't clean your skin properly either - I'd hope you'd not turn up to a meet and didn't shower as you'd sweated, so were clean - simple soap and water is all that's needed to clean your skin. "

I was going to joke about putting yourself in a furnace as that would raise your temperature and kill the virus but yeah, soap and water is kinder advice

By *gd66Man  over a year ago

Lichfield

[Removed by poster at 09/03/20 21:16:49]

By *r_FaustusMan  over a year ago

Northampton

Not sure if this helps or not, but this is the experience of a Dr in Italy. I’m worried that the NHS is - if anything - less prepared and more overstretched already, even without coronavirus

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1236933818654896129.html

By *gd66Man  over a year ago

Lichfield

Still some incredibly dirty types out there though. My wife went for a pee in Tesco toilets today and was taken aback by the stench coming from a cubicle. Heard the flush and out walks the “lady” who smiled and walked straight out without glancing at the washing facilities.

Disgusting at anytime, but now ?