FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Non-visible disabilities

Non-visible disabilities

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As someone who is a high functioning adult with a mild disability I was recently accused of 'hiding the truth' and 'lying'. This was in a message when I casually mentioned my disability. It has no bearing on my sexual ability so I don't think it's necessary to disclose. Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *urvyandCurious999Woman  over a year ago

Hiding from twats

Apart from sexual ability, is it likely to affect any other aspect of interacting with another person? I'd like a heads up for certain things just so I can adapt my own behaviour. If someone's aspie, I'll tone down my sarcasm and be more literal, etc.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Apart from sexual ability, is it likely to affect any other aspect of interacting with another person? I'd like a heads up for certain things just so I can adapt my own behaviour. If someone's aspie, I'll tone down my sarcasm and be more literal, etc. "

That's very thoughtful of you.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would prefer to know, too. I am very much upfront about my mobility issues, even though they don't affect my sexual abilities much.

And the aim of this site, for a lot of people, is not to just have meaningful sex, or hook up, with someone but to have some connection, too. If a person has some sort of learning disabilities/difficulties, it is going to affect their thinking, the way they communicate, they might not be able to get the social clues etc. Knowing that in advance would help potential meets adjust how they present themselves, how they talk or even where to meet. Being upfront helps.

By *entlecaressMan  over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

I would prefer to have a conversation before the meet I have and do meet with a couple of couples with some form of disablement it's really interesting as to making new ways to have fun.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

We don't put much about my physical disability on the profile, though one pic does give a clue. We bring it up early in the message conversation on here and if they carry on without seeming fazed, then we don't labour the point. Basically, if its going to affect your meeting in any way, then mention it, but it's entirely up to you and you aren't compelled to.

» Add a new message to this topic