FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Covid-19

Covid-19

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *reeman76 OP   Man  over a year ago

oldbury

Anybody keeping away from clubs no the Virus is beginning to take hold?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Anybody keeping away from clubs no the Virus is beginning to take hold?"

No.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

No.

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

There’s no evidence of it being transmitted by sex, indeed it’s entirely possible the chlorine in the chams jacuzzi would kill it so that might be the only safe place to be!

By *callycatMan  over a year ago

Mid Wales

I'm travelling back from a ski holiday in northern Italy tomorrow...anyone fancy meeting up?

Dudley

If I'm going to get it I'm going to get it while having a good time, not cowering in my house like a fanny.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"There’s no evidence of it being transmitted by sex, indeed it’s entirely possible the chlorine in the chams jacuzzi would kill it so that might be the only safe place to be!"

??? erm you still breath in clubs or sneeze or touch people ... sperm will carry as will most fluids from the body

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

"If I'm going to get it I'm going to get it while having a good time, not cowering in my house like a fanny. "

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Tarka trail

If I am going to catch it and die. I want to die with a stiff dick. So that some poor fucker is going to have a hard job putting the lid on the coffin.

By *ouple 71Couple  over a year ago

Stonehaven

No

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Tarka trail

"If I am going to catch it and die. I want to die with a stiff dick. So that some poor fucker is going to have a hard job putting the lid on the coffin. "
If the mortician is gay. He'll have a nice time.

"There’s no evidence of it being transmitted by sex, indeed it’s entirely possible the chlorine in the chams jacuzzi would kill it so that might be the only safe place to be!"

There seems to be quite a bit of evidence of fecal transmission though

And if you got close enough to a carrier to have sex with them, you’d have it too sexual transmission or not!

Going against the flow, yes I think I might well give next months visit a miss. If I get it it's one thing but then I will probably give it to someone else, my wife has a bad heart so if she got it the outcome might be bad, it might not either but I'm not going to take that risk. I'll just wait until things clear up, it won't be long, I can wait

If I’m being honest, I give clubs a miss anyway as I don’t really like them that much. I find them more of a means to an end!

It's not taking hold yet. But if it does I'll isolate myself more and more.

No, because it's overhyped rubbish by the media. Influenza had killed 5 times many more people by this time last year, did we self isolate then?

"No, because it's overhyped rubbish by the media. Influenza had killed 5 times many more people by this time last year, did we self isolate then? "

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/28/coronavirus-truth-myths-flu-covid-19-face-masks

Yes but how many people caught the flu? Millions. This virus is not even 4 months old. This does not replace the flu. It's just one more thing that can affect you. It doesn't have to kill you to affect you. It can force you to self isolate, close your workplace, stop your kids going to school, affect travel and if your pension is in stocks it's probably taking a dive right now.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Is it a concern? Yes

Is it as big a concern as some are making it out to be? No

Will it stop me doing anything as it currently stands? Not at all

Will I keep myself informed with developments and review my position if necessary? Absolutely

Is there any current need to panic? Not at all

Do I have faith that the right actions are being taken to contain it? Yes I do

Should anyone do differently to the above? Up to them entirely, but there's not a great deal more that we as individuals can do apart from to keep ourselves informed and follow any guidelines.

I work with people and have a cough that started last night, so look out, i may be a super club spreader, if I am not better by next saturday that is haha

By *unonly10Man  over a year ago

liverpool

"No, because it's overhyped rubbish by the media. Influenza had killed 5 times many more people by this time last year, did we self isolate then? "
nailed it with that its all paper rubbish just like the swine flu outbreak and the bird flue one oh and sars all bullshit

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

It was probably here back in October Nov, and Dec, everyone seem to have the flu remember. Alot of tv and radio presenters were looking and sounding rough. No one in WHO or this country batted an eyelid. Back in Autumn 2015 a flu virus was knocking people out on their feet including myself, and I don't get disabledby flu normaly not much was said about that.

If your susceptible your more likely to be affected. Know your body's limits and you'll be ok.

oldbury

"No, because it's overhyped rubbish by the media. Influenza had killed 5 times many more people by this time last year, did we self isolate then?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/28/coronavirus-truth-myths-flu-covid-19-face-masks

Yes but how many people caught the flu? Millions. This virus is not even 4 months old. This does not replace the flu. It's just one more thing that can affect you. It doesn't have to kill you to affect you. It can force you to self isolate, close your workplace, stop your kids going to school, affect travel and if your pension is in stocks it's probably taking a dive right now."

yeah £60 down at the moment lol

Bedford

Keep your eye on the stock markets in a few months it'll bottom out, then buy.

Bedford

Funny how the goverment's health department are telling us what we already know. 7 weeks too late.

"No, because it's overhyped rubbish by the media. Influenza had killed 5 times many more people by this time last year, did we self isolate then?

Yes but how many people caught the flu? Millions. This virus is not even 4 months old. This does not replace the flu. It's just one more thing that can affect you. It doesn't have to kill you to affect you. It can force you to self isolate, close your workplace, stop your kids going to school, affect travel and if your pension is in stocks it's probably taking a dive right now. yeah £60 down at the moment lol"

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/feb/28/uk-pension-funds-lose-5-of-their-value-in-coronavirus-scare

Yes we should have concern, but at the same time, if we worried about everything that could happen to us, we'd never leave the house in the morning.

By *tticusukMan  over a year ago

Formby

You really need to educate yourself.

It’s both more infectious and more deadly than the flu

"Yes we should have concern, but at the same time, if we worried about everything that could happen to us, we'd never leave the house in the morning.

"

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

"What's the use of worrying? It never was worth while"

What we need to be is sensible. Worrying never helped anything.

By *tticusukMan  over a year ago

Formby

"Yes we should have concern, but at the same time, if we worried about everything that could happen to us, we'd never leave the house in the morning.

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

What we need to be is sensible. Worrying never helped anything. "

So what sensible precautions are you taking?

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Might do. Also wasging my hands a lot more and really paying attention to washing them and also more conscious about touching my face, I work with lots of people, coming into contact with over 100 people a day so it's something I need to be aware of.

By *hamCouple30Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

I'm sure most the clubs could do with closing for a deep clean....

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"If I am going to catch it and die. I want to die with a stiff dick. So that some poor fucker is going to have a hard job putting the lid on the coffin. If the mortician is gay. He'll have a nice time. "
what if the mortician is female ??

By *umpkinPie69Couple  over a year ago

manchester

We are just back from a tour of swinging in China, Iran, Italy and South Korea.....who is up for a meet?

"We are just back from a tour of swinging in China, Iran, Italy and South Korea.....who is up for a meet? "

Essextom

"We are just back from a tour of swinging in China, Iran, Italy and South Korea.....who is up for a meet? "

Did you lick any pigeons whilst there? If not I'm good ta

By *umpkinPie69Couple  over a year ago

manchester

"We are just back from a tour of swinging in China, Iran, Italy and South Korea.....who is up for a meet?

Did you lick any pigeons whilst there? If not I'm good ta "

No but went to a fascinating market in Wuhan...

"We are just back from a tour of swinging in China, Iran, Italy and South Korea.....who is up for a meet?

Did you lick any pigeons whilst there? If not I'm good ta

No but went to a fascinating market in Wuhan..."

I'm game.

What we need to be is sensible. Worrying never helped anything.

So what sensible precautions are you taking?"

By sensible I meant our outlook. By this I mean not going to the extremes, as many have done by either dismissing COVID-19 as nothing or being worried sick about it.

Personally, I am one of the lucky ones who works from home so there really isn't much I can do. Time is money for me so when I go out to shop it's usually to buy a lot of food at a time so I consider myself prepared.

There isn't much you can do to prevent acquiring the virus, there's quite a lot you can do to stop spreading it if you think you have it.

Definitely. Quite happy to wait and see how things develop before exchanging bodily fluids with strangers.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"Anybody keeping away from clubs no the Virus is beginning to take hold?

Definitely. Quite happy to wait and see how things develop before exchanging bodily fluids with strangers."

Can I just interrupt this thread to say your profile name is my new favourite I've seen on here - it's a work of genius...bravo to you both

oldbury

Definitely. Quite happy to wait and see how things develop before exchanging bodily fluids with strangers.

Can I just interrupt this thread to say your profile name is my new favourite I've seen on here - it's a work of genius...bravo to you both "

Haha I second that lol

By *iliciousCouple  over a year ago

Sussex/Surrey

"

nailed it with that its all paper rubbish just like the swine flu outbreak and the bird flue one oh and sars all bullshit "

——-

Thanks for the insight. Are you able to say what the sources were which drew you to these conclusions?

"

nailed it with that its all paper rubbish just like the swine flu outbreak and the bird flue one oh and sars all bullshit

——-

Thanks for the insight. Are you able to say what the sources were which drew you to these conclusions? "

Not wanting to speak for anyone else, but I worked in the NHS when swine flu was here. The pathetic over reaction and the amount of pointless swine flu clinics that were introduced wasted millions of pounds of public money, and thats not even taking into consideration of the amount of wasted stock piles (and I mean rooms full) of wasted vaccines.

The over reaction was so bad, they employed security guards where I worked to protect the clinics because of the possibility of vaccines being stolen, so yes this is swine flu all over again, utterly overhyped by the media as the most you're likely to have is a mild cough, crazy!!

By *ast_jjMan  over a year ago

Dublin and London

"Going against the flow, yes I think I might well give next months visit a miss. If I get it it's one thing but then I will probably give it to someone else, my wife has a bad heart so if she got it the outcome might be bad, it might not either but I'm not going to take that risk. I'll just wait until things clear up, it won't be long, I can wait "
A very good approach.

"

——-

Thanks for the insight. Are you able to say what the sources were which drew you to these conclusions?

Not wanting to speak for anyone else, but I worked in the NHS when swine flu was here. The pathetic over reaction and the amount of pointless swine flu clinics that were introduced wasted millions of pounds of public money, and thats not even taking into consideration of the amount of wasted stock piles (and I mean rooms full) of wasted vaccines.

The over reaction was so bad, they employed security guards where I worked to protect the clinics because of the possibility of vaccines being stolen, so yes this is swine flu all over again, utterly overhyped by the media as the most you're likely to have is a mild cough, crazy!! "

Would you say it's worse to be prepared for something that doesn't happen, or unprepared for something that does happen?

Can I just interrupt this thread to say your profile name is my new favourite I've seen on here - it's a work of genius...bravo to you both "

Thanks

"

——-

The over reaction was so bad, they employed security guards where I worked to protect the clinics because of the possibility of vaccines being stolen, so yes this is swine flu all over again, utterly overhyped by the media as the most you're likely to have is a mild cough, crazy!!

Would you say it's worse to be prepared for something that doesn't happen, or unprepared for something that does happen?"

Yes, but a sensible approach instead of blowing things up out of proportion and scaremongering, and not wasting millions in public cash.

Is it likely to be a mild cough if you're having cancer treatment? Or 70+?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Is it likely to be a mild cough if you're having cancer treatment? Or 70+?

"

no, it isn't.

I notice that WHO are advising elderly people to stay away from crowded areas, then they go on to say elderly is anyone over 60 we're doomed

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Until the advice is to avoid social situations then no I won't be avoiding clubs. Same as I wont be avoiding going to events in other walks of life...

no, it isn't.

I notice that WHO are advising elderly people to stay away from crowded areas, then they go on to say elderly is anyone over 60 we're doomed "

And considering we live in a country with a significant elderly population that's potentially a huge amount of extra work coming up for the health service.

With a lot of knock on effects for everyone.

Hopefully that world indoor bowls crap will no longer appear on my telly box. Full of coffin dodgers.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

no, it isn't.

I notice that WHO are advising elderly people to stay away from crowded areas, then they go on to say elderly is anyone over 60 we're doomed

And considering we live in a country with a significant elderly population that's potentially a huge amount of extra work coming up for the health service.

With a lot of knock on effects for everyone. "

I don't think many people are thinking this through. Boris was on telly tonight saying how great the NHS is and that they will cope with this. We laughed, they struggled with the flu season this winter, add another factor in and it means the poor NHS staff will be at the short end. The answer apparently is to bring doctors and nurses out of retirement...so elderly people. Those in one of most at risk groups will be deployed to help with it. If I wrote that in a book you'd accuse me of making it up

no, it isn't.

I don't think many people are thinking this through. Boris was on telly tonight saying how great the NHS is and that they will cope with this. We laughed, they struggled with the flu season this winter, add another factor in and it means the poor NHS staff will be at the short end. The answer apparently is to bring doctors and nurses out of retirement...so elderly people. Those in one of most at risk groups will be deployed to help with it. If I wrote that in a book you'd accuse me of making it up "

Oh yes. And squeezing even more kids into classrooms makes sense because it's well know that they don't transmit bugs

Forum Mod

East Sussex

no, it isn't.

I don't think many people are thinking this through. Boris was on telly tonight saying how great the NHS is and that they will cope with this. We laughed, they struggled with the flu season this winter, add another factor in and it means the poor NHS staff will be at the short end. The answer apparently is to bring doctors and nurses out of retirement...so elderly people. Those in one of most at risk groups will be deployed to help with it. If I wrote that in a book you'd accuse me of making it up

Oh yes. And squeezing even more kids into classrooms makes sense because it's well know that they don't transmit bugs "

yeah, that one made us laugh too. We're going to close schools to prevent the spread but if teachers are off we're limiting class sizes to 60. . 60 kids in a classroom doesn't bear thinking about from any point of view but from an infection control point of view you might as well forget it

"

——-

Would you say it's worse to be prepared for something that doesn't happen, or unprepared for something that does happen?

Yes, but a sensible approach instead of blowing things up out of proportion and scaremongering, and not wasting millions in public cash. "

I just read a very interesting article about the last two epidemics which as you say we were overprepared for. It might lead to us being hesitant to prepare as much as we would have otherwise... what fo you think? I don't know.

By *otgirl32Woman  over a year ago

Ashton Under Lyne

I'm told by the doctors I work with - COVID19 is very infectious and the death rate is 20 times influenza. It's still low (2%) but influenza has a 0.1% death rate. So a balanced approach is sensible- avoid crowds but don't have to lock oneself up in a room either. Keep hands clean, don't shake hands. Sex - yes if your partner is infected you'll definitely get it so ask about symptoms but if your partner has none he/she could still transmit during kissing etc. I can't give up on sex so some risk has to be acceptable. The rest is luck.

"I'm told by the doctors I work with - COVID19 is very infectious and the death rate is 20 times influenza. It's still low (2%) but influenza has a 0.1% death rate. So a balanced approach is sensible- avoid crowds but don't have to lock oneself up in a room either. Keep hands clean, don't shake hands. Sex - yes if your partner is infected you'll definitely get it so ask about symptoms but if your partner has none he/she could still transmit during kissing etc. I can't give up on sex so some risk has to be acceptable. The rest is luck."

Yes a sensible approach to is is all that is required to slow down the spread of the thing, it's only temporary, a few weeks and it will be under control

Amen!!

And we still don’t self isolate For flu in regards to if we were around it (and how would we know) the same for cv!

I’m going about my daily life as normal. Media love scaremongering

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

I avoid clubs in winter anyway, because of colds etc. I have an underlying condition, so to me it’s a common sense approach.

"

Dudley

"I avoid clubs in winter anyway, because of colds etc. I have an underlying condition, so to me it’s a common sense approach.

"

This is exactly how people should act, no mass panic, just taking the precautions that will keep you and anyone you come into contact with as safe as you can.

By *iliciousCouple  over a year ago

Sussex/Surrey

[Removed by poster at 02/03/20 09:00:02]

By *unscot44Man  over a year ago

Stepps (Glasgow)

I agree with common sense approach. If you happen to suffer from a chronic health condition which renders you more vulnerable it makes sense to take more precautions than say someone who is at peak health.

However if this thing really takes old then it may well prove almost impossible to eliminate the risks.

» Add a new message to this topic