FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Women not messaging first puts them at a disadvantage?

Women not messaging first puts them at a disadvantage?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *entakuru OP   Man  over a year ago

Exeter

It's true that on here women and couples complain they're bombarded with messages and this makes it annoying for them.

This interesting blog post from OK trends shows that it's basically the same for more traditional dating sites but that in situations where women are the first to message, they get better matches.

It hardly seems like rocket surgery to be fair!

As a man I love it when a woman has the confidence to initiate contact. And if she does, she's way more likely to get a fun back and forth going with me than if I have to rely on a polite opener that's probably going to sound generic! Anyway, worth a read, I thought!

https://theblog.okcupid.com/a-womans-advantage-82d5074dde2d

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uzz And WoodyCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

"It's true that on here women and couples complain they're bombarded with messages and this makes it annoying for them.

This interesting blog post from OK trends shows that it's basically the same for more traditional dating sites but that in situations where women are the first to message, they get better matches.

As a man I love it when a woman has the confidence to initiate contact. And if she does, she's way more likely to get a fun back and forth going with me than if I have to rely on a polite opener that's probably going to sound generic! Anyway, worth a read, I thought!

https://theblog.okcupid.com/a-womans-advantage-82d5074dde2d"

Rocket surgery?!

I think the reason the match is more likely to work if a woman contacts a man first is purely because (most) men are less picky, they’ll happily respond to/meet anyone if they’re onto a dead cert.

Women can afford to be choosy given the male:female ratios on sites like this.

Lou x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Who said we don't message first?!

By *belfastcpleCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

30th October 2018 very sexy

By *irty desireWoman  over a year ago

newcatle

I message guys 1st also x

I've messaged guys from their statuses and had some fantastic chats from them but never met anyone from messaging first!

we are always receiving messages from women making first contact. I think you are just talking from your own experience by not receiving any.

I put all the filters on & msgd guys first. I knew what I was looking for & going through 100s of msgs was not it.

Exeter

"Who said we don't message first?! "

My inbox haha!

Exeter

"we are always receiving messages from women making first contact. I think you are just talking from your own experience by not receiving any. "
yes but the article!

"Who said we don't message first?! "

It's not a universal rule, but it's far more common, and not just on Fab. Even on Bumble, I've seen women complaining on their profiles that men should send the first message - this, on an app where it's actually impossible for men to send the first message, that being the primary selling point of the service.

We have messaged guys first

Exeter

"

Rocket surgery?!

"

Brain science

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Maybe it's different with Ireland being a smaller country but in the 2 years I've been on fab I've had one first contact message from a woman and that was just to congratulate me on something I said in a status update but she wasn't interested in chatting.

That could mean my profile isn't eye catching but I've always assumed it was due to a reluctance by women to make first contact.

"Who said we don't message first?!

It's not a universal rule, but it's far more common, and not just on Fab. Even on Bumble, I've seen women complaining on their profiles that men should send the first message - this, on an app where it's actually impossible for men to send the first message, that being the primary selling point of the service."

Well if I didn't message first, I probably would never have met my fwb of 3 years... I can only comment about Fab though, as I am only on here

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I hardly ever message first. Only because I guess I'm not that invested in meeting people on here

I've only messaged first , once !! It worked , I got what I wanted

"It's true that on here women and couples complain they're bombarded with messages and this makes it annoying for them.

https://theblog.okcupid.com/a-womans-advantage-82d5074dde2d

Rocket surgery?!

I think the reason the match is more likely to work if a woman contacts a man first is purely because (most) men are less picky, they’ll happily respond to/meet anyone if they’re onto a dead cert.

Women can afford to be choosy given the male:female ratios on sites like this.

Lou x "

This!

It's not rocket surgery at all...

By *oney to the beeWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

https://theblog.okcupid.com/a-womans-advantage-82d5074dde2d"

Who says women don't send the first message? Hundreds do you will find out or maybe you won't if they are messaging other people.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

which is why we ask for a decently written profile, otherwise we can't be bothered. More rocket surgery

nothing worse than people who just assume

I've never messaged first but have met some people I'm incredibly compatible with

By *iss-louWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

One of the only men Ive messaged first on here is now my partner

» Add a new message to this topic