Blocked for being polite

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Am I being too nice confused.com

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

"Am I being too nice confused.com"

Why do you think you are too polite? You need to give more info.

By *uzukiNo1Woman  over a year ago

Rhyl

Eh?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Complimented a lady on her pictures which were all very tasteful and her well written profile and was immediately blocked. Maybe I should be nasty and obnoxious

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Complimented a lady on her pictures which were all very tasteful and her well written profile and was immediately blocked. Maybe I should be nasty and obnoxious "

Did you read her profile and match her met criteria or did you just send a random message?

By *uzukiNo1Woman  over a year ago

Rhyl

"Complimented a lady on her pictures which were all very tasteful and her well written profile and was immediately blocked. Maybe I should be nasty and obnoxious "

O dear, don't change who you are....their problem obviously not yours

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

If the compliment was not genuine maybe she saw thro it. Your last line tells me all I need to know. Good luck.

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

That's a shame. We'll sometimes say thanks as a reply but never block someone who does that, it's a nice gesture afterall. Says more about them, op.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

She just doesn't want to fuck you and has blocked you to avoid any further messages regardless of how polite you are. It's anyone's prerogative to block anyone else for any reason. I doubt a change in tone of message would have resulted any differently.

Dust yourself off and move on.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's just the way some people run their profiles. They don't want to waste their time entering into dialogue with someone they're uninterested in...

why people get all flouncy about being blocked really escapes me...

By *orkspoonMan  over a year ago

nearby

"It's just the way some people run their profiles. They don't want to waste their time entering into dialogue with someone they're uninterested in...

why people get all flouncy about being blocked really escapes me..."

I'm going to make flouncy my word of the day!

Ignore them prudes

"It's just the way some people run their profiles. They don't want to waste their time entering into dialogue with someone they're uninterested in...

why people get all flouncy about being blocked really escapes me..."

“Flouncy” - love it

[Removed by poster at 14/02/19 08:06:38]

By *aeBabeWoman  over a year ago

London

"Why do you think being rude would get a better result? That’s just a bit childish and reactionary tbh- like a child being naughty, just to get attention, as anything is better than nothing.

She may have simply decided that she didn’t want to open a dialogue as you’re not her type, and be concerned that you may have wanted to continue it if she did. Maybe your tone may have been polite to you, but if she had said a “polite” thank you, would you have left it at that or tried to chat more.

Accept she doesn’t want to chat, forget about it and move on x"

Just because you compliment someone on here doesn't mean they should reply back. However, had you been her type and complimented her, I'm sure she would had responded with a flirty reply.

Stand up, move on.

I have been blocked in the past after I said "no, thank you". Discussed it with few people and been advised that lot of men do it purely so they don't bother you again in the future. Which is fair enough.

Amended:

Why do you think being rude would get a better result? That last line just seems a bit childish and reactionary tbh- like a child being naughty, just to get attention, as anything is better than nothing.

She may have simply decided that she didn’t want to open a dialogue as you’re not her type, and be concerned that you may have wanted to continue it if she did. Maybe your tone may have been polite to you, but if she had said a “polite” thank you, would you have left it at that or tried to chat more.

Accept she doesn’t want to chat, forget about it and move on x

By *electableDalliancesCouple  over a year ago

leeds

It's more likely you were blocked because you weren't what she was looking for

why people get all flouncy about being blocked really escapes me...

I'm going to make flouncy my word of the day!"

Do it, and report back all the times you used it...

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Your profile doesn't hit her G-spot, move on.

To stop getting unwanted mail we have to block. It would have been polite of them to say thank you, but would you have left it at that?

If you're rude to people they will not only block you but they can report you, and you might find yourself unable to send messages for a while.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

How do you know you were blocked for being too polite?

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Erm you realise it was because she found you unattractive not because of your words

Get over it move on blocking you was the best thing she could have done decisively lets you know she has zero interest in you regardless how much you like her pics

By *anana JoeMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Who ever blocked you might have thought you wern't being polite? Who knows fretting over it won't do you any good though so best move on.

it happens both ways nice or nasty they block you make you think are the real when they do that loll

People can block for whatever reason they like. I’ll sometimes block people I’m not interested in so they can’t contact me again.

"Complimented a lady on her pictures which were all very tasteful and her well written profile and was immediately blocked. Maybe I should be nasty and obnoxious it happens both ways nice or nasty they block you make you think are the real when they do that loll"

If you mean a block to a first message, of course they're very likely to be real, probably more so. The last thing a fake profile would do is block really as unlike profiles that exist to find the people they're interested in, a fake profile exists largely to wind people up?

If someone sends them a message they're not going to block are they? They're going to giggle, think "Ooh, I've got a bite! Time to lather on the bullshit..." and after rubbing their sweaty palms together in glee start typing utter hogwash in reply. A block to a first contact means they're more likely to be genuine, not that that's any use to you of course.

By *iavoloCouple  over a year ago

Bexley/Buxton

"Complimented a lady on her pictures which were all very tasteful and her well written profile and was immediately blocked. Maybe I should be nasty and obnoxious

People can block for whatever reason they like. I’ll sometimes block people I’m not interested in so they can’t contact me again. "

Yep saves getting pestered.

It’s her way of saying your not for me

» Add a new message to this topic