FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Is it wrong to expect a single guy to pay half towards a hotel room?

Is it wrong to expect a single guy to pay half towards a hotel room?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As we can’t accomodate and due to having booked numerous hotels for meets and never asked for any contributions. We’ve also booked rooms on 3 occasions and been let down.

Would it be wrong/cheeky of us to ask for half (usually the rooms are £44 so £22) towards the room and not allow them to stay over night?

We won’t go to a room they have booked as you never know if they have set up hidden cameras anywhere.

Just thought we’d ask for your opinions as don’t want to come across as rude.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not at all! I would. Gem x

Not at all I definitely would

You can ask single guys to book the hotel and when you meet pay half. Simple

This way, they can show their commitment for meets. Tbh many single guys love the chase but get cold feet for the meets.

By * Marvellous MessMan  over a year ago

From Derby

I don't think it's wrong to ask at all, in fact that's a very reasonable price you've got there for a room xx

Of course not, its rude not to share (even the hotel bill!)

I personally wouldn't as it would be my place of hosting. My choice, my cost, especially if I was using the room overnight.

Brilliant idea !! Fortunately we can accommodate so not had this problem.

You can always check the room before any play for hidden cameras.

We do it every time if we visit someone's hotel or house.

Nobody would mind if you want to take extra 5 min to check the room for spycams.

50/50 is what we do

personally speaking i always book the hotel ...my treat for being treated .

i always book near the persons area so they dont have to travel.

i like bristol too, great town .

By *eriousGuyABCMan  over a year ago

( WEST OF ) Chippenham ish

I think it's totally reasonable to go halves with the other parties, I think a lot of guys would expect that to be the case/norm

"You can ask single guys to book the hotel and when you meet pay half. Simple

This way, they can show their commitment for meets. Tbh many single guys love the chase but get cold feet for the meets. "

This

"50/50 is what we do"

Always.

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"As we can’t accomodate and due to having booked numerous hotels for meets and never asked for any contributions. We’ve also booked rooms on 3 occasions and been let down.

Would it be wrong/cheeky of us to ask for half (usually the rooms are £44 so £22) towards the room and not allow them to stay over night?

We won’t go to a room they have booked as you never know if they have set up hidden cameras anywhere.

Just thought we’d ask for your opinions as don’t want to come across as rude."

Seems perfectly fair to expect him to pay half. However...

It would seem also perfectly fair for him to have an square share of the room for the night - or would you then expect him to pay for another room for himself?... in which case you'd be paying £22 (for you both = £11 each) and he'd be paying £66, which is hardly equitable.

Also, might he not have a similar concern about the possibility of you filming him?... surely, if you're meeting, some level of trust has already been established.

Point Nemo, Cumbria

equal - not square... fucking auto correct!

I would always expect it and if it hadn't been mentioned then I would always make the offer. It's the right and proper thing to do ??

By *uniperjuiceMan  over a year ago

East Midlands

I would expect to pay a contribution in those circumstances. Maybe half if it was booked specially; maybe a contribution if they needed the room anyway; maybe a smaller about if it was a gang bang type event (though I don't tend to do those anyway). Similarly if attending a club with a woman I'd normally be gallant and offer to pay the couple's entry fee in full, but happy to be flexible if she wants to pay some or all.

Not sure why someone would pay for a room you and you're husband are sleeping in?

"Not sure why someone would pay for a room you and you're husband are sleeping in?"

I've met ladies in hotels and we've split the bill, but think this is abit different

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"As we can’t accomodate and due to having booked numerous hotels for meets and never asked for any contributions. We’ve also booked rooms on 3 occasions and been let down.

It would seem also perfectly fair for him to have an square share of the room for the night - or would you then expect him to pay for another room for himself?... in which case you'd be paying £22 (for you both = £11 each) and he'd be paying £66, which is hardly equitable.

Also, might he not have a similar concern about the possibility of you filming him?... surely, if you're meeting, some level of trust has already been established.

"

A third share would be more appropriate if he's staying. If you are not intending to let him use the room overnight then he shouldn't pay at all.

By *haremoreMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I pay half when meeting in a Hotel

Three people making use of the room for the duration then I would expect a contribution of 1/3 from each, as he's not staying over I wouldn't expect anything from him.

You're getting a meet and a half price room for the night after when he has to go home, I do think it's a bit cheeky yeah.

You play by your rules,not the rules of others.

If they are unhappy with paying half,you don't have to meet them,as long as you are upfront about the situation,then everyone had a choice.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Three people making use of the room for the duration then I would expect a contribution of 1/3 from each, as he's not staying over I wouldn't expect anything from him.

You're getting a meet and a half price room for the night after when he has to go home, I do think it's a bit cheeky yeah.

"

"You play by your rules,not the rules of others.

If they are unhappy with paying half,you don't have to meet them,as long as you are upfront about the situation,then everyone had a choice."

By *he girl with dreadlocksWoman  over a year ago

need to know basis in Wolverhampton

It would seem also perfectly fair for him to have an equal share of the room for the night - or would you then expect him to pay for another room for himself?... in which case you'd be paying £22 (for you both = £11 each) and he'd be paying £66, which is hardly equitable.

"

Pretty much agree with this.

It is a tricky one but i wouldn't pay half for a room i wasnt gonna get to sleep in.

Maybe ask for some money upfront however that works then if he is man enough and turns up then give him his fair share back.

In my opinion id be absolutely happy to pay half if not then fully for the room obviously id let the other person do the booking process and id give them the money when we meet i think its only fair that the single guy pays at least half of the cost so no not at all wrong in asking

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I don't particularly think it's cheeky to expect a contribution, but as others have said a third of the cost would be more appropriate.

There is the thought that if he's not getting to stay in the room, then should he pay at all? But he's still had some use of it, and it may only have been booked because of the meet, so don't think asking for a contribution in those circumstances is unreasonable.

Looking at it another way on both counts, if you met in a club, he'd have to pay something by wah of entry fee, so why would meeting in a hotel be any different?

As for being wary of letting him book the room, as others have said he may have the same concerns about you - one way round this is to check in together regardless of who's booked, that way you know you're entering a "clean" room. Although if you've chatted enough, surely a level of trust will have been built in most instances.

By *av_55Man  over a year ago

NE

Where do you get your hotels,, that’s great rate as trivago was shown up to be a rip off last night as was booking .com, I work all over uk so always after good hotels,

But back to the topic,, get the single males to book room ,,, I always always do on my socials and play socials

Id you expect him to leave in the middle of the night and you wont let him host you then no I dont think it woukd be fair.

If he is unable to host and is happy to do it then go for it.

I personally would be refusing a meet with someone if that was the case

"

That’s a fair point. Sorry, should have explained further. We wouldn’t expect anyone to travel to meet us so that they’re put out, we always choose local guys.

We wouldn’t have an issue paying for half and leaving if it wasn’t for the concern of a camera.

No matter how much you talk to single guys on here, you can’t ever fully trust them. That’s because from experience, a few are so desperate that they pretend to be whoever you want them to be.

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

Who keeps the room?

Great way of having a cheap stay... book a room in a place you want to visit (such as London) room costs £200, have a 2 hour meet - they pay half, then the rooms yours for half price for the rest of your stay - cunning plan!

"Who keeps the room?

Great way of having a cheap stay... book a room in a place you want to visit (such as London) room costs £200, have a 2 hour meet - they pay half, then the rooms yours for half price for the rest of your stay - cunning plan!"

While that is one way of looking at it a £200 room is vastly different from the kind of thing the OP is talking about. There are plenty of decent hotels, even in London, for £100 or less if you book in advance or shop around - split three ways that'd be £33 each.

Meet in a club and he'll pay more - using VA as an example (whose pricing is pretty fair for single guys) he'd pay £40 - so the cost of a decent but not over the top hotel isn't quite so unreasonable

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

"Not sure why someone would pay for a room you and you're husband are sleeping in?"

By *ewBurtonMan  over a year ago

Derby

I would happily pay for a hotel should a couple prefer Hotel fun is always makes me feel extra horny lol.

By *abyjane555Couple  over a year ago

north west

Guy pays for the hotel if they wanna meet us

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Stockport

It's funny because we get messages from single guys

Real players , apparently !

But they won't do clubs

What's that about ?

Worried they will be shown up for what they are ?

So as we don't accommodate , it's clubs or hotel

Last hotel , the guy paid , and I struggled to buy a drink ,

He kept insisting it was his treat

And that when we were a done we could stay over

We didn't , and we all left friends

"Who keeps the room?

Great way of having a cheap stay... book a room in a place you want to visit (such as London) room costs £200, have a 2 hour meet - they pay half, then the rooms yours for half price for the rest of your stay - cunning plan!"

Rooms cost no more than £46 so would be £23 max.

Rooms are book specifically to meet and so are always booked local to where we live.

Derby

My guess would be they are married lol. Clubs and hotels are great fun xxx

"It's funny because we get messages from single guys

Real players , apparently !

But they won't do clubs

What's that about ?

Worried they will be shown up for what they are ?

So as we don't accommodate , it's clubs or hotel

Last hotel , the guy paid , and I struggled to buy a drink ,

He kept insisting it was his treat

And that when we were a done we could stay over

We didn't , and we all left friends"

I don't do clubs. Doesn't mean I'm not genuine. It's ridiculous to expect any man to have to go to a club to prove they're serious.

Costs are extortionate at the two nearest me, only a fool would pay those prices in my opinion.

By *ust ClareTV/TS  over a year ago

Settlewick!

Is checking for hidden cameras really a genuine concern? I wouldn't be meeting someone if I didn't have a sufficient level of trust that this wouldn't happen,and nor should you or anyone else

"Guy pays for the hotel if they wanna meet us"

Your rules and if people are happy to meet you and accept that then fair play - however if it were me I'd decline the meet as personally my view is we're all there for a *mutually* agreeable time and therefore any costs of achieving that should be split equally - being *expected* to pay for the room would personally make me feel like I'd been granted a privilege and should count myself lucky for it, and that's not what this is about for me personally.

Now if I'd *chosen* to pay and had refused any offers of payment that would be different.

We could say the same thing though can’t we. Why should we pay half to a guy who is staying in the room?

If he has it for work purposes then naturally we shouldn’t be expected to pay but if they have booked it specifically to meet us then we would of course contribute.

"Who keeps the room?

Great way of having a cheap stay... book a room in a place you want to visit (such as London) room costs £200, have a 2 hour meet - they pay half, then the rooms yours for half price for the rest of your stay - cunning plan!

Rooms cost no more than £46 so would be £23 max.

Rooms are book specifically to meet and so are always booked local to where we live."

Split the cost 3 ways and you've got a deal

north west

"Guy pays for the hotel if they wanna meet us

Your rules and if people are happy to meet you and accept that then fair play - however if it were me I'd decline the meet as personally my view is we're all there for a *mutually* agreeable time and therefore any costs of achieving that should be split equally - being *expected* to pay for the room would personally make me feel like I'd been granted a privilege and should count myself lucky for it, and that's not what this is about for me personally.

Now if I'd *chosen* to pay and had refused any offers of payment that would be different."

yes quite right.but as the mrs likes cock it gets expensive if i have to pay half the hotel room lol

By *electableDalliancesCouple  over a year ago

leeds

If my man and I are staying in the room afterwards we feel we should pay for the room.

If it's an afternoon/evening where no one stays over the cost can be shared.

"Not sure why someone would pay for a room you and you're husband are sleeping in?

We could say the same thing though can’t we. Why should we pay half to a guy who is staying in the room?

If he has it for work purposes then naturally we shouldn’t be expected to pay but if they have booked it specifically to meet us then we would of course contribute.

"

Now thats more reasonable, the guy should make a contribution and not pay half - £10 to £15 on a £46 room seems within reason

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

Market forces are such that lots of single guys will pay for the room if they can't accomodate, so if you only ask for half many will consider it a bargain.

However, given that we are middle aged with decent jobs and given she likes younger men who often have little or no money, we often end up paying for the room. It's our contribution to redressing the way our generation has fucked over today's young people

I do think it's a tad paranoid to think someone might set up secret cameras. I suppose its possible, but we've met with loads of men in their hotel rooms and have never had any such problem.

"

Would you be staying overnight yourselves? If so , then I think a cost towards it is reasonable, but not half. I wouldnt pay half, If the person I was meeting was staying overnight and I was only going to spend a few hours there.

"Guy pays for the hotel if they wanna meet us"

But who sleeps in it?

Nope - if he wants to meet you and have sex, then its only seems right he/she contributes towards the cost - do not get caught out by the "you book and pay I give you have when we meet up" trick - yep I been done lol

Nothing wrong with that, you're paying for the room not how many people are in it.

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

I'd give some contribution but not half or pay for the whole thing.

I don't have mug tattooed on my forehead.

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

You should pay if you are staying over night. If you are all just using the hotel room to fuck then he should pay 1/3 and you should pay 2/3.

Would you be staying overnight yourselves? If so , then I think a cost towards it is reasonable, but not half. I wouldnt pay half, If the person I was meeting was staying overnight and I was only going to spend a few hours there. "

Neither would I. I can accomodate for a start, anyone I'd invite over is welcome to scan my home for hidden cameras, not tgat anyone has bothered looking. There's no need. It's not the cost, I don't mind paying my fair share.

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"You should pay if you are staying over night. If you are all just using the hotel room to fuck then he should pay 1/3 and you should pay 2/3. "
Seems fair to me

London

Personally, if its only £44, I wouldn't bother getting into detailed negotiations. Just pay it. If he offers a contribution. Great. If not, he's an arse and you don't meet him again.

north west

"Guy pays for the hotel if they wanna meet us

But who sleeps in it? "

he can have the room if he wants we get taxi home

Don't wanna spend all night there Mrs gets what's she needs then we go

By *ertsguy2000Man  over a year ago

hertford

Wouldn’t worry me being asked to pay half when meeting a couple, I would expect it tbh

I always pay when meeting a lady on her own, so 50/50 for a couple is perfectly acceptable

HG

London

Would you be staying overnight yourselves? If so , then I think a cost towards it is reasonable, but not half. I wouldnt pay half, If the person I was meeting was staying overnight and I was only going to spend a few hours there.

Neither would I. I can accomodate for a start, anyone I'd invite over is welcome to scan my home for hidden cameras, not tgat anyone has bothered looking. There's no need. It's not the cost, I don't mind paying my fair share. "

Personally, if someone turned up for a meet with me and the first thing they did was start searching for hidden cameras, the next thing they'd do would be leaving the room.

I think there's a bit of nit picking going on here. £44? It's not like they're staying at the Savoy.

By *ovelifelovefuntimesMan  over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

I always tend to pay 100%.

Thanks all for your replies. As a result we think we’ll just meet single guys in pre booked rooms and they can keep it.

Save us getting let down if they don’t turn up then.

"Nope - if he wants to meet you and have sex, then its only seems right he/she contributes towards the cost - do not get caught out by the "you book and pay I give you have when we meet up" trick - yep I been done lol "

Ouch to being burned but ultimately someone has to book it and pay up front - which is another reason I only meet people I've built a connection and level of trust with, hasn't let me down yet.

By *ertsguy2000Man  over a year ago

hertford

"Thanks all for your replies. As a result we think we’ll just meet single guys in pre booked rooms and they can keep it.

Save us getting let down if they don’t turn up then. "

Think I’d meet you guys anywhere you’d like, just the chance of meeting would be wonderful

HG

"Thanks all for your replies. As a result we think we’ll just meet single guys in pre booked rooms and they can keep it.

Save us getting let down if they don’t turn up then. "

But by all means check for cameras i don't think there is anything wrong with that, you should always check the environment where you are gonna be vulnerable what ever the situation. Like you said you cant really trust anyone you have only text to or just met.

By *utdooryoneMan  over a year ago

Over there

It's a conversation I've had a couple of times.

I've booked room for a meet twice before, twice work paid

Once the lady wouldn't even take an offer of money - suggested I could pay things off another way...

"I think there's a bit of nit picking going on here. £44? It's not like they're staying at the Savoy. "

Sounds nit-picking in this case as the cost is low (same price a single guy would pay to go to a club) but as a principle it's about how cost should be divided up, not all hotel rooms cost £46

By *yes146Man  over a year ago

London / Bournemouth

As a single guy, I'd look to pay for it all. Nice gesture to pay half but should pay all as single guy.

By *racknell SexMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

'single guys' is such a generalising slur on here.

And a long way from accurate.

£ 44 pounds is a lot of bloody money to some people it is me.

Just saying.

By *inful xWoman  over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

Rooms should be spilt because you're all enjoying the fun. However I will no longer book a room due to others not actually contributing

"£ 44 pounds is a lot of bloody money to some people it is me.

Just saying."

I agree, wasn't saying it's cheap, but compared with how much a single guy has to pay to go to a club it's a similar cost.

"Rooms should be spilt because you're all enjoying the fun. However I will no longer book a room due to others not actually contributing "

"'single guys' is such a generalising slur on here.

"

We’re looking for single guys, how else are we supposed to put it?

By *inful xWoman  over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

"Rooms should be spilt because you're all enjoying the fun. However I will no longer book a room due to others not actually contributing "

By *ick_and_BickerCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

I've not read your profile but my take on this is, put it on your profile. I know the vast majority of men don't read profiles but if it's up front and they know the score, it's up to them to pay or not.

I still don't know how you go about getting the money without either party potentially losing out though!

T.

"

certainly not .If I was meeting a woman or a couple at a hotel I'd gladly pay half the cost

Derby

And single guys look for couples lol. I do all the time xxx

Just saying.

I agree, wasn't saying it's cheap, but compared with how much a single guy has to pay to go to a club it's a similar cost."

I think it's down to the principle, rather than the cost lovely

Just saying.

I agree, wasn't saying it's cheap, but compared with how much a single guy has to pay to go to a club it's a similar cost."

I know you wasn't saying that and i agree men pay to much to get in clubs but in clubs he MAY have more play on the night and he can make a night of it, make new friends watch others.

I’d split the costs on principle. 3 ways

"As a single guy, I'd look to pay for it all. Nice gesture to pay half but should pay all as single guy. "

Why? Genuinely curious as to why you think "as a single guy" you *should* pay the whole cost?

As I said further up thread, the purpose of the meet is for the mutual pleasure and enjoyment of everyone that's part of it, so surely it's only fair any costs of that meet are shared?

If you *choose* to pay it all as a genuine and nice gesture, that's wholly different from feeling you *should* pay, like you've been granted a privilege and should be grateful for the opportunity.

And that's before you get onto the whole thing of any sense of obligation or expectation if one person pays for it all.

[Removed by poster at 07/02/19 12:01:05]

"As a single guy, I'd look to pay for it all. Nice gesture to pay half but should pay all as single guy.

Why? Genuinely curious as to why you think "as a single guy" you *should* pay the whole cost?

As I said further up thread, the purpose of the meet is for the mutual pleasure and enjoyment of everyone that's part of it, so surely it's only fair any costs of that meet are shared?

If you *choose* to pay it all as a genuine and nice gesture, that's wholly different from feeling you *should* pay, like you've been granted a privilege and should be grateful for the opportunity.

And that's before you get onto the whole thing of any sense of obligation or expectation if one person pays for it all."

This is why i prefernto meet someone who is able to accommodate. I'm a single parent and do live hand to mouth at times. I dont have the spare cash to be able to contribute half towards hotel costs... Especially when I already pay out for a babysitter. It's just too much money.

Would split costs or send you money to pay in full as a goodwill gesture

Bracknell

And a long way from accurate."

"We’re looking for single guys, how else are we supposed to put it?"

It does sound like you are saying 'single guys' cannot be trusted.

They let you down... they are probably filming you...

There are a lot of 'people' on here that are not genuine or that are d*unk and/or that just are not confident about themselves.

It's more a case of getting to know someone longer. Chatting on phone etc. Seeing how trust worthy and genuine someone really is. Have a coffee first. That's a lot cheaper than a hotel room.

By *ust ClareTV/TS  over a year ago

Settlewick!

"As a single guy, I'd look to pay for it all. Nice gesture to pay half but should pay all as single guy. "

Why? A lot of women would feel that you are somehow buying their time and favour, it's a bit of a patronising old fashioned attitude imho.If they get cold feet and decide not to play, do you ask for your money back?

In the case of the OP, they are a couple, so shouldn't the man of the couple also pay in line with your views?

Generalisation
"

There are a lot of 'people' on here that are not genuine or that are d*unk and/or that just are not confident about themselves.

It's more a case of getting to know someone longer. Chatting on phone etc. Seeing how trust worthy and genuine someone really is. Have a coffee first. That's a lot cheaper than a hotel room.

"

Who the fuck is this guy

"As a single guy, I'd look to pay for it all. Nice gesture to pay half but should pay all as single guy.

And that's before you get onto the whole thing of any sense of obligation or expectation if one person pays for it all.

This is why i prefer to meet someone who is able to accommodate. I'm a single parent and do live hand to mouth at times. I dont have the spare cash to be able to contribute half towards hotel costs... Especially when I already pay out for a babysitter. It's just too much money. "

Oh I know individual circumstances and affordability come into it and that is of course completely understandable, and something to be agreed separately.

What I'm struggling with here though is the apparent *expectation* of some that a single guy *should* pay for everything just because he's a single guy.

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

"

and why should a single fella trust yous have not put a hidden camera somewere in the room? and why should yous benefit from the room the whole night? a reason i suggest i pay for the room in full is to show my commitment to the meet an now im being accused of setting up a spy cam???? unbelievable

It does sound like you are saying 'single guys' cannot be trusted.

"

Nah who's got time for that shit lol

Thats why i only meet at clubs, don't have to worry about cameras or my safety or who is paying for what and i can chat for as long as i need to get a sense of someone.

Bracknell

"

Who the fuck is this guy "

No need to be so rude.

Just saying.

I agree, wasn't saying it's cheap, but compared with how much a single guy has to pay to go to a club it's a similar cost.

I think it's down to the principle, rather than the cost lovely "

I totally agree beautiful lady xx

By *PPROACHABLEMANMan  over a year ago

Wales

"

Just tell me when and where! XxX

This is how I do it

Single lady

I stay overnight in the room I pay.

We both stay overnight I pay as I'd invited her as my guest.

She stays alone in the room she pays.

Neither of us stay overnight 50/50

This is the same for couples apart from all staying overnight cause I wouldn't stay overnight with a couple.

"

If i was meeting i would feel rude not paying for the entier bill. Half is just manners. So no not in the slightest.

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

"

Im sorry but you should pay for all the cost.

Its you thats wanting the meet at the hotel.

I hope you inform the meet before they meet that you are wanting half the cost of the hotel room.

By *PPROACHABLEMANMan  over a year ago

Wales

"

Can't message you. Send me a pm.

XxX

"

That's true. Some are married and just pretend to be single

XxX "

Filters are there for a reason. Respect them

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

It always abnnoys me when you go to a gangband and there are x-No guys there and they expect a contribution (often close to the full price of a room) -it feels more like the hosts are profiteering off desperation -so I no longer attend those events or walk away when asked to

XxX "

When you tried messaging us it would have said you’re out of our preferred age range or something along those lines.

That's true. Some are married and just pretend to be single "

To be fair,there isn't an option when setting up an account to say married but playing alone,it's m mm mf ff tvts.

To set up a couple profile where the female has no knowledge,or doesn't exist would be more deceitful in my opinion

"

Yeah I'd expect to stay the night

By *arnsley guy100Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

He should pay a 3rd... You 2 pay 2/3rds....

My mate used to have me on that one when we shared taxi from town when lived on next street.

Him n his bird pay half between them, I pay other half.

How's that work?... Twat.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Three people making use of the room for the duration then I would expect a contribution of 1/3 from each, as he's not staying over I wouldn't expect anything from him.

"

Not at all it should be half each.

"

Defo Not infact I would offer to pay the whole amount tho I suspect it would be split 50/50

"

are you intending to stay there overnight and ask them to leave? Because essentially you're inviting a man to your hotel room for a limited time...why would you expect them to pay for you to use it after they've gone?

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Yes I think it's wrong in a couples case. A contribution at least, maybe a bottle of wine. If I was the 3rd wheel I would definitely expect to be able to use the room for the rest of the night if I'd contributed 50%, just like you would be!!!

Further to the matter with you booking rooms and being let down by the no shows, its only reasonable to think there would be no disopointment if rooms were paid up befor hand. Most of the tight gits wont to miss out on a whole £22. Let lone spend ut on a lie

"Further to the matter with you booking rooms and being let down by the no shows, its only reasonable to think there would be no disopointment if rooms were paid up befor hand. Most of the tight gits wont to miss out on a whole £22. Let lone spend ut on a lie"

No shows this time of year it isn't too bad but start getting into the summer months and you start losing £80-£90 a time no shows become an issue. Its only happened the once but does make you think and feel like shit !!

As stated above, we’ve decided to either continue covering the costs ourselves if we stay or paying half towards the room if he books it.

"As stated above, we’ve decided to either continue covering the costs ourselves if we stay or paying half towards the room if he books it. "

Shame we are not in our age criteria

Would love to host you in brum

Merseyside

"As stated above, we’ve decided to either continue covering the costs ourselves if we stay or paying half towards the room if he books it. "

i think your attitude is a reason for some no shows

good skills gotta be safe and secure though

[Removed by poster at 07/02/19 13:50:53]

"As stated above, we’ve decided to either continue covering the costs ourselves if we stay or paying half towards the room if he books it.

i think your attitude is a reason for some no shows"

And you’re the reason our block list is so long

Merseyside

"As stated above, we’ve decided to either continue covering the costs ourselves if we stay or paying half towards the room if he books it.

i think your attitude is a reason for some no shows

And you’re the reason our block list is so long "

i wouldn't have met yous.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Day use hotels all the way and 50/50.

I've never been in a situation where I've kept the room on after play, for my own use.

Also the advantage of day use hotels is you can cancel on the day with no charge, if needs be.

By *oppet22TV/TS  over a year ago

huddersfield

Yes he should pay I would never just leave someone to pay without paying my share

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"... I would definitely expect to be able to use the room for the rest of the night if I'd contributed 50%, just like you would be!!!"

If I were ever to be so lucky, I'd pray you'd insist.

Ooops sorry - did I just think that aloud?!

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Split the bill definitely

"Split the bill definitely "
I’ll check trivago now

Merseyside

"Split the bill definitely "

and the amout of time shared equally

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"You can always check the room before any play for hidden cameras.

Nobody would mind if you want to take extra 5 min to check the room for spycams. "

Genuine question...how do you find a hidden camera? The whole point is they are hidden.

One of the reasons I don't do house meets.

Merseyside

and dont assume all single men have rigged spy cameras up.

Pathetic

Merseyside

what is

"and dont assume all single men have rigged spy cameras up. "

Where have we stated such a thing? We simply just said you never know. Couples have been know to do this also.

The point in this thread was to gather if we would be unreasonable to ask for half.

Some say yes and others say no if they are not staying the whole night. We had a feeling that would be the case hence why we first asked.

By *haremoreMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"Day use hotels all the way and 50/50.

I've never been in a situation where I've kept the room on after play, for my own use.

Also the advantage of day use hotels is you can cancel on the day with no charge, if needs be.

."

Well I never

Yes

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Not wrong you can ask and the guy has a choice but surely unless you get the money up front they could still not turn up and you be out of pocket?

We only book hotels for other reasons and then if we happen to get a meet whilst we are away we do expect them to contribute.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"

If you arrange a hotel meet with a single guy, it's perfectly reasonable to ask to share the room cost, and I doubt any guy would refuse to pay this.

Apart from one of my lady friends who uses a company card, I've always split the room bill 50/50

Not at all

I thought it was the done thing to go Dutch and split it half each

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

Its not something I would do myself,

But If I was going to meet a couple at a hotel I would just book a room for the night myself and give them the choice of which room we meet in

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"I personally wouldn't as it would be my place of hosting. My choice, my cost, especially if I was using the room overnight."

I agree, when meeting as a couple we would always book and pay for the room. If the guy wanted to stay over I'd expect him to pay half but not otherwise.

I thought that was the silent rule unless stated otherwise?

By *eedsortingMan  over a year ago

Radley

I think it's perfectly reasonable - especially with rooms at that price! And although there are technically 3 people I still think it's fair to split the cost 50/50 as, in my eyes, the couple come as a single entity. And, as a few others have said, if they are your rules and they are known about up front then the chap has an informed choice to make. Up to him if he likes the option or not. Given that, at those rates, it's less than half what it costs to get into some clubs I would say that's a bargain. And that's before we discuss the obvious quality on offer

"You can always check the room before any play for hidden cameras.

Nobody would mind if you want to take extra 5 min to check the room for spycams.

Genuine question...how do you find a hidden camera? The whole point is they are hidden.

One of the reasons I don't do house meets."

Lol

Look at the obvious places.

And we all know how to spot spy camera.

Phones, smart watches,hand bags placed facing bed, over the wardrobes, behind cutlery, TV, window seals behind the curtains, open laptop or a tablet.

Plus why would you meet dodgy cpls?

By *emmdaveMan  over a year ago

Kent

"

No problem sharing the cost but I wanted to pick up on the hidden camera comment. How does the other person sharing the cost of your room know if you have fit hidden cameras?

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"

I don't mind paying half if I stayed the whole night, but I don't mind paying for the whole room if you wanted to leave after.

Merseyside

No problem sharing the cost but I wanted to pick up on the hidden camera comment. How does the other person sharing the cost of your room know if you have fit hidden cameras?"

Merseyside

I don't mind paying half if I stayed the whole night, but I don't mind paying for the whole room if you wanted to leave after. "

No problem sharing the cost but I wanted to pick up on the hidden camera comment. How does the other person sharing the cost of your room know if you have fit hidden cameras?

"

That’s a fair point. They don’t but I suppose if they were worried about that then they wouldnt meet us in the beginning.

Suppose we’re all different really in what we worry about. I’m naturally more worried about it then others are as we’ve never been asked about it when we have hosted.

By *atureandhornyCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

We always have hotel meetings and have always paid for the room however it is nice to get the offer of the guy either paying or going half. I would at least like the offer of a bottle or two of a nice wine if we were paying for the room.

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

"

As long as im allowed to have brekfast in bed

Not a problem

By *eddonistikMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I've had various types, usually going halves and usually with all of us taying in the room or if it's been a GB all of us paying a contribution to the room, bring some wine along etc. I think the only times I didn't contribute anything was twice with a couple who wanted to film the event and I was happy for my face to be seen in he film, (it was all a bit on the 'extreme' side). I've never had problem with any hotel meetings, I think it's all down to everyone concerned be being upfront with each each other.

By *exfordMan  over a year ago

discombobulated land

"

Yes, half is probably too much. Ask for 50% which if far more reasonable.

I haven't read all the replies, so apologies if I'm repeating what's been said already.

To answer the OP, yes I think it is a bit rude. You should pay the full price as only you are getting full use of the hotel room.

If you're staying - you pay all

If he's staying - he pays all

If you're all staying - you each pay 1/3rd

If non of you are staying - you each pay 1/3rd

"

Yes. You're staying there so you should foot the bill.

Let him buy some drinks

"If you're staying - you pay all

If non of you are staying - you each pay 1/3rd "

I'd be happy to split it 50 50 between a couple. If I were staying. 1/3rd seems petty, given I was picked from a cast of thousands at the end of the day.

We do, always 50/50 split whether it’s a guy, girl or couple.

If non of you are staying - you each pay 1/3rd "

Yea that’s what we’re going to do in future

By *w214Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

I think at £22 it's a no brainer. I'd happily spring half. There's a cut off for everyone though, and it would depend on a huge amount of factors, could I get home afterwards, could I afford my own room, how blue are my balls.

By *eraint33Man  over a year ago

uttoxeter

If non of you are staying - you each pay 1/3rd

I'd be happy to split it 50 50 between a couple. If I were staying. 1/3rd seems petty, given I was picked from a cast of thousands at the end of the day."

Perfectly reasonable to contribute and this is my preference.

I'd always go halfers same with dates x

If it's all mutual funds funds then straight down the middle, no brainer no matter how much...

By *hill44Man  over a year ago

hinckley

"

I've always paid half only seems fair to me

"

Pay half’s,your asking abit much now aren’t you maybe a third but only if your good

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

I would be happy paying half.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

2 singles, half each couple and a single third each. Surely that's fair?

Defo ok to split it

I think it’s taking the piss a little to expect him to pay half if you’re going to stay in it overnight, a third seems fairer to me.

"

if youre planning on staying in the room all night and kicking him/her out when youre finished. Then he/she shouldnt have to pay

By *ad123Man  over a year ago

ayr Scotland

I would pay its the right thing to do

By *eldomVanillaMan  over a year ago

London

Why as a guy would you not offer to pay it all.

That's a good room rate!

But for me if your I'm meeting someone I'd pay for the room.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

If I was staying in the room then no I would not ask them to pay half. If we were then yes

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

if the room is not being used afterwards.... then sure, split the charge!

if you are staying in the room afterward.... why am i subsidising your stay if you are staying anyway?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"

Yes. If you choose to book hotels because you can't accommodate abs plan on using it all night it would be out of order to expect them to pay for half of your stay.

As for the camera thing.... What would you say if they accused you of the same?

I think it's only manners to go half.

If a guy books a room for me and him to meet I'd always offer to pay my half as well.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

I Will always offer to pay or contribute