FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Mental health issues on fab

Mental health issues on fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iveshowcouple2 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Having a rare free day coming up soon I have been spending heaps of time on fab trying to arrange a meet with some interesting people.

Here is the thing though.

The more time I spend on fab the more depressing I find the whole experience. Time wasted dealing with fantasists. Getting abuse from weirdos. Lies. It all adds up.

I reckon I have fairly robust mental health but too much time on this site can definitely fuck with a persons head.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If the people on here are normal i don't think i want to be lol

Don't take it to serious

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

From where we are, it appears that people use fab to show off that they're going on holiday.....again! The fact that they have no intention of playing when they get there, seems irrelevant!..........'We're off to blah de blah this time next year...'

Big bloody deal

Don’t let it get to you just take it as it comes if someone says something you don’t like block them don’t let it affect your mental health it’s really not worth

Mrscxxx

By *orthyorkypairCouple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"Having a rare free day coming up soon I have been spending heaps of time on fab trying to arrange a meet with some interesting people.

The more time I spend on fab the more depressing I find the whole experience. Time wasted dealing with fantasists. Getting abuse from weirdos. Lies. It all adds up.

I reckon I have fairly robust mental health but too much time on this site can definitely fuck with a persons head.

"

Only if you let it!!!! we find the best policy is to take 99% of it with a pinch of salt lol

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think you have to be pretty strong in your mental health, and have firm boundaries, to be able to handle it.

I totally agree OP.

I’m bonkers but there is worse out there. I’m not meeting at all at the moment as fed up of the usual bullshit on here.

"From where we are, it appears that people use fab to show off that they're going on holiday.....again! The fact that they have no intention of playing when they get there, seems irrelevant!..........'We're off to blah de blah this time next year...'

Big bloody deal "

Facebook for swingers

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

There are some amazing people here, some of whomI have the pleasure of calling friends.

Find those gems. Keep them close (but not in a stalkerish way).

Manchester (she/her)

"There are some amazing people here, some of whomI have the pleasure of calling friends.

"

Oh definitely. They help you deal with the BS.

I agree with you OP.

I am an introvert and find interacting with most people quite draining, so I have to set really strict boundaries, trust my instincts and only give my time to those who deserve it.

When I read 'I don't take life/things too seriously', that usually translates to someone who can't be trusted on their word, so I don't give them my time. Previous experience means they're not serious about other people's time (sometimes even their own time), so they either want to keep chatting on fab endlessly, or whatsapp. They can't commit to make time for a simple phone call. So I would not even speak to them letalone think of meeting them.

Im up and down like a prostitutes knickers at the minute

"Having a rare free day coming up soon I have been spending heaps of time on fab trying to arrange a meet with some interesting people.

"

I totally agree with you there on this.That is why I am only doing this now and then. But even I found myself were I had to come of snap chat,Instragram and take Facebook of my phone.

It does make a difference

"There are some amazing people here, some of whomI have the pleasure of calling friends.

"

By *ade and VanessaCouple  over a year ago

Central Scotland

Agreed OP. I think for all the time we're able to meet, we'll most likely stick to clubs and the big socials instead. Unless we manage to build up a good group of friends we can message when we will be free but that option is a long time away really.

V x

Agree OP but there are some lovely people too. Hard to do but you've got to just let the knocks go x

If you suffer with anxiety, staring at the screen for hours isn't good for you, and reading negative replies from strangers is not going to help.

So it's not just me that can see/feel this, then. I've always felt a weird energy on here and I can never quite pinpoint it.

By *lackduffyMan  over a year ago

london

Men get messed with lot more than women. There are lots of bogus profiles on here so I wil take a leaf out of their verifications.

Oh lest I forget, with a bloody hot body like yours, any one turns you down probably isn’t even a real profile

"

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Agreed, my consolation is you occasionally find gems on here and that it isn't indicative of rl.

By *cottish guy 555Man  over a year ago

London

Social media and mental health is a big issue. It has led me to be very selective of what I choose to engage with

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

*Only if you allow it to.......

We just see Fab as a microcosm of society, though maybe with attracting a higher concentration of extremes. You get the full cross spectrum here and need to grow a thick skin to be on here along with an acceptance of crap, abuse, rejection etc. Use intuition, filters, block list, clubs and organised socials if they work for you. Make friends with those that you click with and get to know their friends. The fantasists / nut jobs / time wasters means its all the more enjoyable when it does work out good!

Manchester (she/her)

"We just see Fab as a microcosm of society, though maybe with attracting a higher concentration of extremes. You get the full cross spectrum here and need to grow a thick skin to be on here along with an acceptance of crap, abuse, rejection etc. Use intuition, filters, block list, clubs and organised socials if they work for you. Make friends with those that you click with and get to know their friends. The fantasists / nut jobs / time wasters means its all the more enjoyable when it does work out good!"

I couldn't agree more.

I'd say, mental health (MH) is coming wherever you go. Some pockets more so than others, I think dating / sex platforms in particular bring particular behaviours to the forefront.

One of the biggest example is unmanaged insecurities.

Also, it's a bit of a meat market, however we dress it up. So, that brings out some of the best and worst in people.

Though there is a distinction between bad behaviour and mental health issues. It's not such a clear line but most times on here it seems like bad behaviour.

Manchester (she/her)

I think being here can make your mental health worse if you're not careful, as well as coming into contact with those who aren't managing theirs.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

That is why we take regular breaks from the site. We are lucky in that being a couple fab does not take up a significant amount of our time, god knows what it is would be like to be a single guy on here.

"

So bloody true that....

The trick is to recognise it and sign off for a bit x

By *iveshowcouple2 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

*Only if you allow it to......."

I dont.

Liberal use of the block button helps but frankly walking away from fab and all the weirdo dipshits who prowl its pages venting their bile is the best way to deal with it.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"

definitely f*** you up

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

Lol my heads already fucked so business as usual

"

Am I one of those amazing friends?

By *inful xWoman  over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

"I think being here can make your mental health worse if you're not careful, as well as coming into contact with those who aren't managing theirs. "

This

At times I find this site draining and it's easy to get tears of frustration. I often wonder how can something so easy actually be so hard ?

Take a break , do some nice things and re focus

"

Yeah people being annoying on a trivial website isnt what causes mental health issues....

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

My mental health is shit, suppose how you handle here is how your mental illness affects you?

Gotta basically realise most people on here want something from you that benefits themselves, which makes for a shitty introduction anyway (users/liars). So if you just presume most people talk out their arse then you're in for a nice surprise when what you're seeking turns up.

Manchester (she/her)

Yeah people being annoying on a trivial website isnt what causes mental health issues...."

But if you're vulnerable anyway, the peaks and troughs of attention, the flattery, the abuse, the superficial nature of it all, and more... can exacerbate your issues. Or those of others.

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Op -You just need to not give a fuck anymore -what will be will be -that's the way I play it anyway

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"

Ask for your money back?

p.s ive just had my car washed and booked a holiday

"I think you have to be pretty strong in your mental health, and have firm boundaries, to be able to handle it. "

Agreed! Don't let it ruin your experience OP. As a few have mentioned there are many amazing people on here. Like minded fabbers are connecting all the time. This is still a fabulous platform to get what you want.

I may lean towards batshit crazy, but I am not delicate, more robustly insane.

"My mental health is shit, suppose how you handle here is how your mental illness affects you?

Gotta basically realise most people on here want something from you that benefits themselves, which makes for a shitty introduction anyway (users/liars). So if you just presume most people talk out their arse then you're in for a nice surprise when what you're seeking turns up. "

Positive thinking.

Yeah people being annoying on a trivial website isnt what causes mental health issues....

But if you're vulnerable anyway, the peaks and troughs of attention, the flattery, the abuse, the superficial nature of it all, and more... can exacerbate your issues. Or those of others. "

Very true

By *exfordMan  over a year ago

discombobulated land

"

At least it's a fuck...

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"'We're off to blah de blah this time next year...'

"

Is blah de blah in the Caribbean?

By *exfordMan  over a year ago

discombobulated land

Is blah de blah in the Caribbean? "

Some town in Wales isn't it?

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"

We’re abolutely fine .... Wibble

London

[Removed by poster at 06/02/19 21:00:19]

London

Is blah de blah in the Caribbean?

Some town in Wales isn't it?"

Would you boast about going to Wales for your hols?!!

» Add a new message to this topic