FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > “Excited for tonight...”

“Excited for tonight...”

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Fab people - I see a lot of status’s with people posting not-so-cryptic messages that are obviously about someone, for example “Excited for tonight - you know who you are”... “just had the best meet, wow” ... “I have a feeling we’re going to get along very well” etc etc

My question is - if someone wrote something like that about you, would you be creeped out?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *exyEggsCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

No, we’d find it exciting! Assuming it was the kind of thing you suggest above.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not so much creeped out. I'd just think "what a wally". Why not just say it to my face or over the phone?

By *exyEggsCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"Not so much creeped out. I'd just think "what a wally". Why not just say it to my face or over the phone?"

Also not enough people use the word “wally” anymore...

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I wouldn't be creeped out, it is a bit "look at me I'm going to have sex" but not creepy.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

No, I'd find it possibly bit much/flattering depending on who said it and the way they did.

I like working out who is meeting who when bored sometimes (not from local updates) so I find those updates fascinating.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I know who it was

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Discretion is the key

By *harliebluestockingsCouple  over a year ago

london

Certainly not creeped out. And it’s a strange function anyway. But why not if it’s positive

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

"Fab people - I see a lot of status’s with people posting not-so-cryptic messages that are obviously about someone, for example “Excited for tonight - you know who you are”... “just had the best meet, wow” ... “I have a feeling we’re going to get along very well” etc etc

My question is - if someone wrote something like that about you, would you be creeped out?"

It’s a ‘LOOK AT ME’’

If they don’t put who they are meeting then it’s cos they are too worried someone else might get in there and if they put who they are meeting it’s cos they are boasting as to what they have pulled

Yawn

What makes us laugh is “wow that was great - you know who you are “ then two minutes later “ ——displayed a new verification”

Absolutely! I hate those boastful, smug updates and they make me squirm...even more so if they were directed at me. I hope I have enough discernment to choose people who don't behave like that

"Absolutely! I hate those boastful, smug updates and they make me squirm...even more so if they were directed at me. I hope I have enough discernment to choose people who don't behave like that"

Somewhat unrelated to the OP, I'll admit, but your photos are stunning.

As you were...

"Absolutely! I hate those boastful, smug updates and they make me squirm...even more so if they were directed at me. I hope I have enough discernment to choose people who don't behave like that

Somewhat unrelated to the OP, I'll admit, but your photos are stunning.

As you were... "

How so? I think my response shows perfectly that I am "creeped out" by such updates

"Not so much creeped out. I'd just think "what a wally". Why not just say it to my face or over the phone?"

“What a wally”! A sadly underused phrase these days!

By *onnie And Clyde9070Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

"Not so much creeped out. I'd just think "what a wally". Why not just say it to my face or over the phone?

Also not enough people use the word “wally” anymore... "

That's because nobody knows where he is since he changed his jumper.

By *mber DextrousWoman  over a year ago

Devon

I don't find it creepy, it can be quite flattering depending on how it's phrased. I always think the "You know who you are" bit is daft though, if they don't and it could apply to many then it's a pointless compliment.

The ones I find a bit fawning and sad are the ones where they clearly don't know the person and are crying for attention.

"Tonight is the night" or "today is the day" are my favourites. Factually correct no matter what is happening!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I’m surprised at how few people find it creepy. Though it’s clear a lot of people agree it’s annoying.

Maybe I’m uptight, but if someone did such a thing about me then I’d find it an instant turn off (as has happened in the past). The thought of someone being so proud that they have to “show off” about meeting me would suggest that 1) they don’t meet often 2) they’re going to get attached in some kind of way 3) they can’t contain their emotions. 4) they’re going to blab to someone

Red lights spinning everywhere. It creeps me out.

By *ovingittwoCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

We do post stuff like that but it's because the people we meet all know each other so,it's a bit of a game between us all trying to work out what everyone is up to.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think it's a damn site better than "have five days load who wants it", "if you like it Fab it", "this site is garbage" and so on.

Devon

"I’m surprised at how few people find it creepy. Though it’s clear a lot of people agree it’s annoying.

Maybe I’m uptight, but if someone did such a thing about me then I’d find it an instant turn off (as has happened in the past). The thought of someone being so proud that they have to “show off” about meeting me would suggest that 1) they don’t meet often 2) they’re going to get attached in some kind of way 3) they can’t contain their emotions. 4) they’re going to blab to someone

Red lights spinning everywhere. It creeps me out."

I haven't come to any of those 4 conclusions when people I've met have posted a status along those lines after meeting. I don't see it as much different to a FB status about having a great night/ day out with friends. It's not showing off, just sharing appreciation.

And yes, these statuses are masses better than Who wants my load, parked up in x layby, need a pussy to play with, I'm bored etc etc

"I’m surprised at how few people find it creepy. Though it’s clear a lot of people agree it’s annoying.

Red lights spinning everywhere. It creeps me out."

I completely agree. I am not on Facebook for the reason that I value privacy and discretion and so hate this public flaunting of one's personal life. Those who grew up with Facebook no doubt don't have this aversion.

"

I haven't come to any of those 4 conclusions when people I've met have posted a status along those lines after meeting. I don't see it as much different to a FB status about having a great night/ day out with friends. It's not showing off, just sharing appreciation.

And yes, these statuses are masses better than Who wants my load, parked up in x layby, need a pussy to play with, I'm bored etc etc"

This

Manchester (she/her)

I see statuses here as a time limited extension of profiles. Advertising yourself. So in that vein I think talking about meets in positive and not identifying ways is positive.

Devon

"I see statuses here as a time limited extension of profiles. Advertising yourself. So in that vein I think talking about meets in positive and not identifying ways is positive. "

So agree with this, positive statuses are far more attractive. Who wants to meet someone whose profile or statuses are full of negativity.

Manchester (she/her)

"I see statuses here as a time limited extension of profiles. Advertising yourself. So in that vein I think talking about meets in positive and not identifying ways is positive.

So agree with this, positive statuses are far more attractive. Who wants to meet someone whose profile or statuses are full of negativity. "

"What a great meet!" or "Tonight should be fun!" or similar are way more attractive than "hoooorny" or "bored.com" or "why are women here such bitches?"

By *rtraymondo76Man  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Certainly agree with the Facebook comments. So much rubbish you get on there. I don't want to be a friend of a friend of a friend of yours. I don't want to see 57 photos of what you've done today from breakfast though to supper. Seriously thinking of binning it. But for the few I want to stay in touch with, I would.

Appreciative messages however they're sent/received are always good.

[Removed by poster at 19/01/19 18:35:49]

I do live for these tantalising glimpses into something I’m not involved in #sob .... or wait, I can do this, even if it’s not true... I’ll make everyone jealous of my amazing Fab life

I admit myself and B would do this on our singles profiles, direct statuses at each other. It wasn't creepy at all, it was flattering and to me it felt great that he was happy. It's wasn't a gloat, it was a public nod in each others direction, and it brought a smile to both our faces. Spotting the update and getting a glow

P

"Not so much creeped out. I'd just think "what a wally". Why not just say it to my face or over the phone?

Also not enough people use the word “wally” anymore... "

But where is Wally?

I’ve had people name me in their status updates before asking me to message them! Usually when they’re outside my age range!

This is a difficult one. I do like positive status updates I agree it is better than "I can never get a meet" or "this site is shit". But sometimes when I see an update like "great meet" or "amazing meet" and they are a regular friend of mine and it's not me they're talking about it can get a bit miffy. Ha ha. Call me green wyes....oh wait I am green eyed.

» Add a new message to this topic