FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Is the swinging community ruining the NHS?

Is the swinging community ruining the NHS?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We have a national health system in America but it’s only for the truly poor Americans..

The average person has to pay between $25-50 dollars every time we go to a doctor... we pay $100 if we take a ambulance, and $50-$100 dollars if we go to the emergency room...

We do have free clinics in America... but it’s only for the poor... if you have insurance, you’re not allowed to use these places....

So with swingers in UK going to the health clinic every 3 months for sti screening, plus the cost of a computer system to text results of test results....

Do feel this is waste of tax payers money?

I’ve read on these forums everyone goes to the doctors every 3 months.... with 30,000 members on Fab alone... this is potentially costing the government billions of dollars....

Plus add in the cost non sexual visits to the doctors.....

Swingers could potentially bring the NHS down....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

No, there would be less single mothers if they were swingers. Imagine the paternity tests.

"No, there would be less single mothers if they were swingers. Imagine the paternity tests. "

Not everyone likes bareback gang bangs...

By *ross-eyed MaryMan  over a year ago

Salisbury

"We have a national health system in America but it’s only for the truly poor Americans..

The average person has to pay between $25-50 dollars every time we go to a doctor... we pay $100 if we take a ambulance, and $50-$100 dollars if we go to the emergency room...

We do have free clinics in America... but it’s only for the poor... if you have insurance, you’re not allowed to use these places....

So with swingers in UK going to the health clinic every 3 months for sti screening, plus the cost of a computer system to text results of test results....

I’ve read on these forums everyone goes to the doctors every 3 months.... with 30,000 members on Fab alone... this is potentially costing the government billions of dollars....

Swingers could potentially bring the NHS down...."

There isn't 30,000 swingers on fab. There's 2000. And 28000 dreamers and perverts.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Actually, if you think about it, regular screening probably saves the NHS money in the longer term.

Imagine if screening wasn't available on the NHS and so fewer people went for check ups.

There could be a lot of people out there spreading infections without knowing anythjng about it - and treating these things probably costs the NHS more

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"No, there would be less single mothers if they were swingers. Imagine the paternity tests.

Not everyone likes bareback gang bangs..."

I actually meant that swingers generally practice safe sex. If they did get pregnant by accident it would probably be pretty awkward.

Some white guy mug would be sitting by the bed and see your lovechild pop out.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

What Americans pay and what it costs state funded services to provide a similar service are often vastly different things.

I doubt sexual health screening is a significant portion of the NHS budget.

"We have a national health system in America but it’s only for the truly poor Americans..

There isn't 30,000 swingers on fab. There's 2000. And 28000 dreamers and perverts. "

Hahaha

Yeah most don't need THAT test!

Good point!

By *electableDalliancesCouple  over a year ago

leeds

Nope, our own government is ruining the NHS deliberately to justify the selling off of its parts to the people who really control these things.

By *ross-eyed MaryMan  over a year ago

Salisbury

There isn't 30,000 swingers on fab. There's 2000. And 28000 dreamers and perverts.

Hahaha

Yeah most don't need THAT test!

Good point! "

Considering most guys are only "fab single", and single women are only looking for a self esteem boost, they're never likely to want to get tested anyway!

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

We pay into the NHS through our National Insurance payments.

Many on Fab also work in the NHS.

If they didn't want us to have this service it wouldn't be available for free, although it seems like the NHS is a free service we pay through our national security charges, and the amount of money the NHS get from pay meters in the car parks of hospitals

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The NHS is free at the point of delivery. We pay via our national insurance payments.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Swingers aren't contributing to its demise any more than smokers, the elderly, the obese or any of us who use it regularly.

By *voryforebonyMan  over a year ago

boogie town

"The NHS is free at the point of delivery. We pay via our national insurance payments."

Partly correct. People think that 100% of NI goes to the NHS.. It doesn't. Some does but some is used as general taxation. However as most people find taxation for the NHS more palatable than taxation for other things it's a common myth that no government will rush to correct you on as it suits them for everyone to think it goes totally to the NHS. Just thought I'd share that with you. X

Wait until they privatise sexual health clinics. That will cost the NHS a lot more.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"The NHS is free at the point of delivery. We pay via our national insurance payments.

Partly correct. People think that 100% of NI goes to the NHS.. It doesn't. Some does but some is used as general taxation. However as most people find taxation for the NHS more palatable than taxation for other things it's a common myth that no government will rush to correct you on as it suits them for everyone to think it goes totally to the NHS. Just thought I'd share that with you. X"

Thank you, yes I realise that the total NI payment doesn't find its way to the NHS.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Wait until they privatise sexual health clinics. That will cost the NHS a lot more."

You make a good point.

boogie town

"The NHS is free at the point of delivery. We pay via our national insurance payments.

Partly correct. People think that 100% of NI goes to the NHS.. It doesn't. Some does but some is used as general taxation. However as most people find taxation for the NHS more palatable than taxation for other things it's a common myth that no government will rush to correct you on as it suits them for everyone to think it goes totally to the NHS. Just thought I'd share that with you. X

Thank you, yes I realise that the total NI payment doesn't find its way to the NHS. "

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be clever or smug with my comment. I just thought I'd share it. Nice photos by the way xxx

It is rumoured that sexual health clinics are to be scaled back in order to save money and then this will / should produce a lot of worried people... If people were a lot more responsible for their actions then the crisis wouldn't exist and we would all sleep well at night...

"It is rumoured that sexual health clinics are to be scaled back in order to save money and then this will / should produce a lot of worried people... If people were a lot more responsible for their actions then the crisis wouldn't exist and we would all sleep well at night..."

Well what’s going to happen to all the swingers who get tested 4 times per year?

I know only a small percentage of swingers bareback but it’s good know you have a free service if a condom breaks.....

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Thank you, yes I realise that the total NI payment doesn't find its way to the NHS.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be clever or smug with my comment. I just thought I'd share it. Nice photos by the way xxx "

I know and thank you

"It is rumoured that sexual health clinics are to be scaled back in order to save money and then this will / should produce a lot of worried people... If people were a lot more responsible for their actions then the crisis wouldn't exist and we would all sleep well at night..."

Im not sure about being scaled back but in our area they have been handed over to a separate entity to run them, like a quango if you like, they are no longer run buy the NHS but i think they still fund them if you get my drift, like they have handed over the responsibility to someone else

"It is rumoured that sexual health clinics are to be scaled back in order to save money and then this will / should produce a lot of worried people... If people were a lot more responsible for their actions then the crisis wouldn't exist and we would all sleep well at night...

Im not sure about being scaled back but in our area they have been handed over to a separate entity to run them, like a quango if you like, they are no longer run buy the NHS but i think they still fund them if you get my drift, like they have handed over the responsibility to someone else "

What changes have you noticed after new management took over?

1. Regular testing saves money because it’s a preventative measure.

2. The computer system isn’t used solely for STI’s, it’ll be the same notification system that’s used across the whole NHS

3. America is fucked

"It is rumoured that sexual health clinics are to be scaled back in order to save money and then this will / should produce a lot of worried people... If people were a lot more responsible for their actions then the crisis wouldn't exist and we would all sleep well at night...

Im not sure about being scaled back but in our area they have been handed over to a separate entity to run them, like a quango if you like, they are no longer run buy the NHS but i think they still fund them if you get my drift, like they have handed over the responsibility to someone else

What changes have you noticed after new management took over?"

If im honest its a much more relaxed and friendly atmosphere, it used to be situated in the local hospital but now its a separate clinic away from the hospital, its so well run without that hospital clinacal feeling. So much so that its actually a pleasurable experience and have no issues with going there

Definitely gets my thumbs up, i think all thats missing is a cuppa oon arrival

By *ovingittwoCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Partly correct. People think that 100% of NI goes to the NHS.. It doesn't. Some does but some is used as general taxation. However as most people find taxation for the NHS more palatable than taxation for other things it's a common myth that no government will rush to correct you on as it suits them for everyone to think it goes totally to the NHS. Just thought I'd share that with you. X"

Fuck me!!!

"1. Regular testing saves money because it’s a preventative measure.

2. The computer system isn’t used solely for STI’s, it’ll be the same notification system that’s used across the whole NHS

3. America is fucked "

Hmm interesting..... so if regular testing is saving money for the NHS....

Why all the cut backs?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

3. America is fucked

Why all the cut backs?"

It is way more complicated than the cost of regular health screening for swingers

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

By *ee pandaWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

You would think that being tested every 3months would be cheaper for the nhs than forking out for the cost of treatment for people who might end up getting infections, hiv, or pregnancy xx

"You would think that being tested every 3months would be cheaper for the nhs than forking out for the cost of treatment for people who might end up getting infections, hiv, or pregnancy xx"

Ok this might sound crazy so bare with me.....

If swingers are not having unprotected sex , why go to the clinic every 3 months?

You could get tested once or twice a year , and save the government money......

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I don't have sex with strangers often enough to justify getting tested every three months

"I don't have sex with strangers often enough to justify getting tested every three months "

Omg you get what I’m saying......

It must be a very cold day in hell.....

boogie town

Fuck me!!!"

Lovely offer, thank you X

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"Actually, if you think about it, regular screening probably saves the NHS money in the longer term.

Imagine if screening wasn't available on the NHS and so fewer people went for check ups.

There could be a lot of people out there spreading infections without knowing anythjng about it - and treating these things probably costs the NHS more"

Nhs owns the labs so its not exactly an on going cost beyond staffing and supplies unlike the us whete its a billed thing.

Interestingly though the us government spends more per capita on health care than the uk does.

3. America is fucked

Why all the cut backs?"

Diabetics who dont follow thier treatment plan.

Treating the avoidable complications of diabeties (amputations blindness etc) is the single biggest cost to the nhs taking up over 10% of rhe budget alone.

I suspect the vast majority of people who claim to be tested every 3 months probably aren't

Nhs owns the labs so its not exactly an on going cost beyond staffing and supplies unlike the us whete its a billed thing.

Interestingly though the us government spends more per capita on health care than the uk does.

"

Yes but we this is for the poor and undocumented people....

Most people pay anywhere from $25-$2000 dollars per month on healthcare insurance....

I suspect the vast majority of people who claim to be tested every 3 months probably aren't "

This could be true but I doubt it.. the majority of swingers are very strident with testing regardless if they are having unprotected sex or not....

Many people fuck around and never get tested. They're saving the NHS.

Yes but we this is for the poor and undocumented people....

Most people pay anywhere from $25-$2000 dollars per month on healthcare insurance...."

Yes what i mean is you guys spend more per person through tax than the uk does and you then have to pay insurnace on top.

It's a bizzare situation possibly caused by hospitals over testing to charge insurance/the government more.

You cpuld all stop paying insurnace and pay kess tax and have an nhs style system weirdly

Dean street express in London is the best btw guys.

Results in 6 hours for all the tests.

Have to book your apointment at 7pm the day before though. At 7:01 all the appointments are booked

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

I’d say the smokers, uncontrolled diabetics, drinkers and drug takers are probably more of a problem than those using preventative measures to avoid long term conditions.

"I’d say the smokers, uncontrolled diabetics, drinkers and drug takers are probably more of a problem than those using preventative measures to avoid long term conditions."

Smokers make about 5bn profit foe the nhs each year from the tax minus the treatment costs if anything they should get some luxuries lile private rooms lok

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"I’d say the smokers, uncontrolled diabetics, drinkers and drug takers are probably more of a problem than those using preventative measures to avoid long term conditions.

Smokers make about 5bn profit foe the nhs each year from the tax minus the treatment costs if anything they should get some luxuries lile private rooms lok"

It’s not as black and white as that...

https://fullfact.org/economy/does-smoking-cost-much-it-makes-treasury/

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't have sex with strangers often enough to justify getting tested every three months

Omg you get what I’m saying......

It must be a very cold day in hell....."

If a system, that is supposed to be free at point of use from cradle to grave, cannot deal with somewhat normal human behaviour (casual sex not being limited to swingers) being mitigated by preventative measures (safe sex and testing)... Then the system is not and will never be fit for purpose.

The attitude to many of these public health things is harm reduction, not stigmatising and bans, as data show the latter backfires (see also abstinence only education).

Why the cutbacks? We have a government determined to punish people for being poor who would dearly love to scrap the NHS entirely.

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

There's one country in the world which doesn't believe in universal health care......

"There's one country in the world which doesn't believe in universal health care......

"

Yes , it’s the USA.... but healthcare companies are making so much money...

Why would they give that up?

"There's one country in the world which doesn't believe in universal health care......

Yes , it’s the USA.... but healthcare companies are making so much money...

Why would they give that up?"

Morals? For the greater good? To ensure a better future for their families and loved ones? To allow others to live healthy lives? To ease the wealth divide? To make themselves feel good? To know they have contributed to a better society?

I can think of tons of reasons. They’re mad rich anyway. I believe it’s fair that doctors and companies that make drugs should be incentivised and be allowed to get rich- but there should be a threshold on profit. Once a company makes £xmilli profit, their drugs patent become public domain.

If a doctor wants to make millions in private practice, they should have to do at least one month a year in public service to retain their license.

It’s all easy to do and doesn’t harm anyone.

We pay for it through taxes OP. Just a different method. At least it's not discriminatory like the system the US seems to have.

"We pay for it through taxes OP. Just a different method. At least it's not discriminatory like the system the US seems to have."

Honestly the health care system in America is not discriminatory at all....

If you’re poor you get the best health care money can provide.....for free...

If you own a home and get a terminal disease, your insurance company will cut you off treatment after a certain dollar amount is spent...

Then you have to sell your home, and only after you don’t own anything... the government will step in and offer you free healthcare...

So the poor people have it much better than the working people.....

I think many talk the talk but doesn't actually get tested that often.

There's also a lot of cognitive dissonance about health risks - as if "regular testing" can prevent transmission

There's also the 3 month problem.

On the spot, pin prick testing whenever the tech becomes available will be revolutionary though.

So, does everyone who lives in Chelsea, or owns Chelsea, pay in Dollars?

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

Personal responsibility should be key yes.

I would agree with those above that say regular testing would be cheaper

for the NHS in the long run though, rather than having outbreaks of infections.

Prevention is better than cure but you can say that about many things can't you lol.

"Personal responsibility should be key yes.

I would agree with those above that say regular testing would be cheaper

for the NHS in the long run though, rather than having outbreaks of infections.

Prevention is better than cure but you can say that about many things can't you lol."

By *abrielle247Couple (FF)  over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria

Their is only one thing that is complicit to bringing the NHS down, that's been the job of the Government for the last 40 odd years.

By *useBoltonMan  over a year ago

Kings Heath

It is always far cheaper to test for illnesses and treat them immediately than to discover them 30 years down the line when they have spread to 1000 other people and caused permanent damage.

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

Can someone enlighten me as to why swingers are the only folk who should be tested regularly...

Are there really more swingers on this site than there are 'vanilla' folk who's objective on a Saturday night is bed a new sexual partner...?

By *ovingittwoCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Fuck me!!!

Lovely offer, thank you X "

You're welcome x

By *ysterious_MidnightCouple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Sexual health service are only a small proportion of the the nhs budget and as people have suggested with it being a preventative service it saves money long term.

The biggest waste of money comes from inappropriate use of services, for example people who visit a&e when they have a cold/headache/blister ect or ambulance crews to have to attend social issues and course prank calls.

Another problem is the nhs was build 60 years ago when lifestyle factors weren't as big as an issue as they are now

By *hill44Man  over a year ago

hinckley

There isn't 30,000 swingers on fab. There's 2000. And 28000 dreamers and perverts. "

Brilliant love this quote

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Think of the visits that swinging is saving the nhs by relieving stress through great sex

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Strange how the saying goes ‘america, land of the free’.....no drinking till age 21, 50mph speed limit, pay or die medical care (although the last one isn’t strictly true but the potential is there).

By *eddonistikMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Visiting GUM clinics helps identify if you have a problem. Therefore hopefully curing you of that problem and stopping you giving the problem to someone else and spreading it to others. If you are so worried, stop swinging or don't start.

"Visiting GUM clinics helps identify if you have a problem. Therefore hopefully curing you of that problem and stopping you giving the problem to someone else and spreading it to others. If you are so worried, stop swinging or don't start."

So let me get this straight........ you think I’m worried?

By *ldhillhotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Old Hill

"We pay into the NHS through our National Insurance payments.

"

"We pay into the NHS through our National Insurance payments.

"

Yes big up to the swinging doctor's and nurses

People who smoke, drink to much, obese people. THEY WILL BRING DOWN THE NHS

No it's not as you forgot to take into account the high taxation in the UK which is less when compared to America

» Add a new message to this topic