FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Fakes and Timewasters

Fakes and Timewasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I think this site should get a grips of the Timewasters, Fakes and Profiles that have not been verified either by themselves or others for over a long period of time, cause this clearly shows they are either on here to just look and nothing else or they are guys pretending to be either Females or Couples. It just ridiculous, for us genuine ones out there.

Also, there is countless ones on here show they are swingers, but when you dive deeper into conversation, they are selling services and I thought this was a swingers site and not a Adult Service Site?

What are your thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You are not photo verified so you are fake

See how simply it is to accuse someone on here.

I doubt you would ever eliminate time wasters and fakes,

We tend to go to clubs if we want some serious fun.

Once we have met genuine people at a club then we have no issues in meeting again.

Dont get me wrong we have met couples at home and the odd single guy at a hotel but it much harder as so many dont show up.

Swingers and roundabouts

I have been verified by people and chose not to show them, i mean profiles that have been on here for over 6 months, with nothing on.

"I think this site should get a grips of the Timewasters, Fakes and Profiles that have not been verified either by themselves or others for over a long period of time, cause this clearly shows they are either on here to just look and nothing else or they are guys pretending to be either Females or Couples. It just ridiculous, for us genuine ones out there.

Also, there is countless ones on here show they are swingers, but when you dive deeper into conversation, they are selling services and I thought this was a swingers site and not a Adult Service Site?

What are your thoughts?"

By *otbhambabeWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

I haven’t been photo verified but I have met people & been verified that way.

I have a girl talking to me & its clearly a bloke. Each time I’ve called they won’t answer the phone. I agree there are a lot of fakes & tinewasters on here. Also seems that a lot of lads on here just want to fuck & not actually swing.

By *hrisUB3Man  over a year ago

Heathrow

I spoke to a couple recently and they offered to meet me for half an hour for a fee of £90! They claimed it was to help pay for the hotel room. They even had lots of verifications. I did some searching and found they were also on Adultwork charging the same fee. I did report them!

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

The verification system works to a certain degree but it is lopsided. Verified people can still waste your time as we have unfortunately found out.

I agree with you there 100%, its just frustrating that you hear other people going through the same thing time and time again, why cant nothing be done and when you report some, nothing happens either.

In regards to verification, if that person leaves the site, the verification also disappears, its happened to us a few times, i think it also disappears it the person hides the profile? Not 100% sure on that though?

"I doubt you would ever eliminate time wasters and fakes,

We tend to go to clubs if we want some serious fun.

Once we have met genuine people at a club then we have no issues in meeting again.

Dont get me wrong we have met couples at home and the odd single guy at a hotel but it much harder as so many dont show up.

Swingers and roundabouts "

[Removed by poster at 17/01/19 21:54:07]

"I spoke to a couple recently and they offered to meet me for half an hour for a fee of £90! They claimed it was to help pay for the hotel room. They even had lots of verifications. I did some searching and found they were also on Adultwork charging the same fee. I did report them!"

So helping pay for a hotel means they are selling services?

"[Removed by poster at 17/01/19 21:54:07]"

He wasted your time !!

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Is it just me that finds the fakes and timewasters easy to spot? They don't affect my enjoyment of the site one bit.

By *acavityMan  over a year ago

Redditch

Not everybody who you meet will verify you.

Couples and single ladies being the least likely to bother in my experience.

And if you have regular meetings, should you verify each time?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

You need to develop your own vetting process. There are going to be idiots of all sorts and the site can't protect you from them. Stuff like offering services, report. Other than that, tinker with your own rules. If that includes "won't meet someone without a meet veri in the last x months", then that's your prerogative. I know several active serious swingers who don't get veris for all their meets, don't get as many meets as they'd like, and/or have lives and thus take time out.

"Not everybody who you meet will verify you.

And if you have regular meetings, should you verify each time?"

There are some ppl who won't verify you because they don't want to upset their regular fuck buddies.

"I think this site should get a grips of the Timewasters, Fakes and Profiles that have not been verified either by themselves or others for over a long period of time, cause this clearly shows they are either on here to just look and nothing else or they are guys pretending to be either Females or Couples. It just ridiculous, for us genuine ones out there.

What are your thoughts?"

Its bollocks innit....

I was discussing with a friend who isn't on here, he said they should pull the plug on accounts that haven't met or havent sign in after six months or payed for site support. Reckon that would free up some data space and boot the timewasters.

Its always best to over invite if hosting at home, you could invite 10 guys or couples and only one turn up, but it they all turn up then bonus lol its going to ba a great night

We also found out that verifications can be copy pasted.

The best ones are

"known this guy/girl/cpl since long time, good bloke blah blah.."

100% fake

By *rafty98Man  over a year ago

herts

"Not everybody who you meet will verify you.

And if you have regular meetings, should you verify each time?

There are some ppl who won't verify you because they don't want to upset their regular fuck buddies.

"

That's a very good point. It's an age old problem and one of the ways to prevent it is the site limits the amount of profiles linked to the ip address. It would also help prevent the problems some people have where they're plagued by an individual opening up various accounts.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I don't display veries. I'm not photo verified...

I must be a fake or a timewaster obviously....

By *oinus1961Couple  over a year ago

Huntingdon

The trouble with any site with human interaction is there will always be fakes, time wasters, trolls etc etc.

In my view it is for the user to employ judgement and common sense.

Report and/or block are very powerful.

I wonder if Admin have a sweepstake on "how many timewaster/fakes threads will there be this week".

By *hrisUB3Man  over a year ago

Heathrow

"I spoke to a couple recently and they offered to meet me for half an hour for a fee of £90! They claimed it was to help pay for the hotel room. They even had lots of verifications. I did some searching and found they were also on Adultwork charging the same fee. I did report them!

So helping pay for a hotel means they are selling services?"

At £90 for half an hour, yes!

If I book a room for a meet I don't expect any help with the payment!

Use your head rather than your genitals in the decision making process and you’ll never be bothered by time wasters and fakes, never been an issue for us

By *arkndirtyMan  over a year ago

sale

I haven't been asked for money but would say that time wasters are not just unverified people. I always try to ensure i give polite replies if I'm not interested but the amount of time I've wasted on people who appear to be legit is ridiculous. Also those who have been around a while can sometimes be so incredible hostile and arrogant. They forget that people swap notes. After a while you get to know the dick heads.

We can spot the fakes a mile away. Also, only meet at the clubs like we do, stops all the timewasters because if they don't show we were going to the club anyway.

If that was the case somewhere along the line we could all be chucked off and different people use it for different reasons if they want to just look let them what’s your problem

Easy to cut down on unwanted mail by changing your message settings to block unverified members. Won’t cut out all the fakes but will certainly help.

V x

By *enuineMaleHereMan  over a year ago

peterlee

There should be a bit where you can name them so if you think you have a time waster you can name check them defo makes it hard for us genuine guys to get meets ?

What are your thoughts?"

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

What are your thoughts?"

how do you suggest they solve the problem?

By *enuineMaleHereMan  over a year ago

peterlee

Come on guys working it out they book a room then how many 30min meets can they set up at £90 a pop and make a shot load of cash . Good on ya for reporting them i would of to .....
"I spoke to a couple recently and they offered to meet me for half an hour for a fee of £90! They claimed it was to help pay for the hotel room. They even had lots of verifications. I did some searching and found they were also on Adultwork charging the same fee. I did report them!

So helping pay for a hotel means they are selling services?

At £90 for half an hour, yes!

If I book a room for a meet I don't expect any help with the payment!"

Merseyside

"There should be a bit where you can name them so if you think you have a time waster you can name check them defo makes it hard for us genuine guys to get meets ? I think this site should get a grips of the Timewasters, Fakes and Profiles that have not been verified either by themselves or others for over a long period of time, cause this clearly shows they are either on here to just look and nothing else or they are guys pretending to be either Females or Couples. It just ridiculous, for us genuine ones out there.

What are your thoughts?"

name and shaming dosnt work if your suggesting that?

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"Is it just me that finds the fakes and timewasters easy to spot? They don't affect my enjoyment of the site one bit. "

Exactly this - have yet to have my time wasted by anyone, and the fakes are only deluding themselves and those that are easily taken in by them really - they don't impact my experience of the site one bit.

By *ain n MableWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

If the post was created by someone with a rock solid profile I could understand their grievance, but it's created by someone who is not photo verified, has no public photos and for all we know 1 verification from 7 years ago when you could be verified by phone.

It's almost laughable or is it a deflection tactic?

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I've been called both a fake and a timewaster for replying no thankyou to a meet now message. When I've said I chat a bit first I got asked do I even meet. This has been mainly off silhouette profiles with no verifications x

Manchester (she/her)

"I've been called both a fake and a timewaster for replying no thankyou to a meet now message. When I've said I chat a bit first I got asked do I even meet. This has been mainly off silhouette profiles with no verifications x"

Likewise. I'm ruining the site for the real people (with no photos or any form of verification). Shame on us!

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I've been called both a fake and a timewaster for replying no thankyou to a meet now message. When I've said I chat a bit first I got asked do I even meet. This has been mainly off silhouette profiles with no verifications x

Likewise. I'm ruining the site for the real people (with no photos or any form of verification). Shame on us! "

I'm hanging my head in shame haha x

Unless you genuinely are a fake and a timewaster,why care what others think?

You know yourself how genuine you are.no need to explain to the doubters,who don't believe you anyway

Such negativity and a waste if fabulous time spent bemoaning the same things over and over again, why not use the time to bring joy and happiness to the site I stead of looking for something to moan and complain about...

By *dam and slutCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Ignore the ignorable.

Don't you just hate it when you get a song stuck in your head ?

Her name was Lola .....

xslutx

"Such negativity and a waste if fabulous time spent bemoaning the same things over and over again, why not use the time to bring joy and happiness to the site I stead of looking for something to moan and complain about... "

This

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

You will never get rid of the fakes and timewasters as you put it all you can do is employ your own system of checks to them out.

Manchester (she/her)

"Such negativity and a waste if fabulous time spent bemoaning the same things over and over again, why not use the time to bring joy and happiness to the site I stead of looking for something to moan and complain about... "

I think it's hilarious that people think I'm fake.

By *nsatiablepartnerseekerMan  over a year ago

nottingham

I will give a lot of profiles the benefit of doubt. Whilst not fake it purposely time wasting I find a lot of profiles suggest the person's fantasies and realities are different.

A lot of wants in the mind that are never going to be acted out.. and to be honest it's pretty easy to identify such profiles.

As for the profiles selling services they will be removed if you report.

By *llNatural36FWoman  over a year ago

Denbighshire

I've met the same person on and off for years, we don't verify each other every time as it's like dogs pissing on lampposts mentality,it doesn't make me fake. My meets can take months and due to health reasons I don't tend to meet in winter. Again that's not me being fake

What about profile with out pieces is that wrong.

most of our timewasters have been guys that are unable to accom,can only assume its cos they stuck with their mrs and kids and they just on here for a chat and wank

By *onnie And Clyde9070Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

"I have been verified by people and chose not to show them, i mean profiles that have been on here for over 6 months, with nothing on."

Maybe, as you do, they choose not to show them.

By *mber DextrousWoman  over a year ago

Devon

People's definitions of time wasting and fake vary so much, I find people who moan the most about this tend to have the widest definitions which don't seem to allow for people having lives outside of Fab or not wanting to meet them.

I'm recently verified, have them on display, from other well verified Fabbers, and have public pics but still get accused of being fake by guys I won't meet or won't send more explicit pics to. Should I be banned on their say so?

Let people use the site in the way that suits them, if they aren't on all the time or don't want to be verified they're easy to avoid. And as for real fakes where you met and they're a different gender, or they admit it by message, and those charging for services, report and block. Use site tools, think with the right and head and it shouldn't be a problem that ruins the site for you.

I’ve had 3 messages from 3 different people in the past 12 hours saying I’m fake! Never had one before. Strange

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

Not a problem that bothers or affects me.

V x

Merseyside

"Not a problem that bothers or affects me.

V x "

"Is it just me that finds the fakes and timewasters easy to spot? They don't affect my enjoyment of the site one bit. "

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

Rule of thumb

If it's too good to be true it usually is .....

By *hortfuseWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

"I've been called both a fake and a timewaster for replying no thankyou to a meet now message. When I've said I chat a bit first I got asked do I even meet. This has been mainly off silhouette profiles with no verifications x"

Exactly this and asked wtf I'm doing here.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

The green arrow shows that this has been worrying OP for about six months.

Let it go, OP. Worrying about things you can't control is a waste of energy.

don't actually know the answer BUT the site is certainly a very pale shadow of its former glorious self. Utterly infested with timewasters now.

By *pforfun1234562016Couple  over a year ago

leamington spa

"don't actually know the answer BUT the site is certainly a very pale shadow of its former glorious self. Utterly infested with timewasters now."
totally agree fed up with unos after a few chats etc then another profile appears with same pics etc laughable really how admin dont pick it up

"don't actually know the answer BUT the site is certainly a very pale shadow of its former glorious self. Utterly infested with timewasters now.totally agree fed up with unos after a few chats etc then another profile appears with same pics etc laughable really how admin dont pick it up"

In fairness,the site isn't responsible for members that decide to leave then reappear after a short period of time.

If you recognise this happening and the profile isn't for you,block it,ignore it.

The site can't do everything for you,they give you the tools to make your own choices.

What are your thoughts?"

Sorry, and no offence OP but I find this post completely bizarre. You have been on here over a year, have verifications and choose not to show them, either in full, or in summary. You have put yourself in the very category that you bemoan! If the site applies the criteria that you advocate, you would be in the category of timewaster, fake and here to just look and nothing else, spoiling it for the genuine ones!!

On a separate point, if it bothers you, apply the filters of verified by photo / meeting, or apply your own (too new to the site, have not met in the last 3 months, etc), whatever they may be.

Control what is in your ability to control, not what you can't.

By *ettyboob72Woman  over a year ago

Manningtree

this is interesting, i was accused if being a time wasteronky thus morni g, when I refused to meet a guy who sent his first message to me today " come suck my dick" he got abusive when I declined

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"don't actually know the answer BUT the site is certainly a very pale shadow of its former glorious self. Utterly infested with timewasters now.totally agree fed up with unos after a few chats etc then another profile appears with same pics etc laughable really how admin dont pick it up"

If they aren't breaking site rules, why would admin "pick it up?"

Manchester (she/her)

"this is interesting, i was accused if being a time wasteronky thus morni g, when I refused to meet a guy who sent his first message to me today " come suck my dick" he got abusive when I declined"

Yeah, it's always the ones with the incredibly unappealing offers who think I'm fake. Oh, I'm sorry, of course every woman must want to be degraded, abused, and used by a complete stranger with no regard for her welfare let alone pleasure. I confess, this has all been an elaborate and drawn out plot to frustrate other men.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"this is interesting, i was accused if being a time wasteronky thus morni g, when I refused to meet a guy who sent his first message to me today " come suck my dick" he got abusive when I declined

Yeah, it's always the ones with the incredibly unappealing offers who think I'm fake. Oh, I'm sorry, of course every woman must want to be degraded, abused, and used by a complete stranger with no regard for her welfare let alone pleasure. I confess, this has all been an elaborate and drawn out plot to frustrate other men. "

Very possibly. I also waste the time of all couples and 99% of single guys as they keep informing me I should be on dating sites not on here.

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"Use your head rather than your genitals in the decision making process and you’ll never be bothered by time wasters and fakes, never been an issue for us"

This

It's shagging, you aren't looking does kidney donor, if someone doesn't want to meet you/is a timewaster (oddly those categories seem to overlap for many men) then find someone who does want to meet you.

It's just sex, no harm is done by someone not meeting you for sex despite claims to the contrary.

Even more shockingly no harm is done by someone pretending to want to meet you for sex, asking for money or any of the other complaints - because it's just sex

Ms Icebreaker

Manchester (she/her)

People not showing up for meets counts, to me, as "harm done". Maybe not serious harm, but still harm. I don't think that's entirely avoidable, although it can be minimised.

What are your thoughts?"

Said this a few times, make the site a paying site, not just for premium members. The amount of pic collectors and timewaster is getting worse.

What are your thoughts?

Said this a few times, make the site a paying site, not just for premium members. The amount of pic collectors and timewaster is getting worse. "

Noooo! I probably wouldn’t come on here if I had to pay. It’s just a little extra something to my not-so ‘normal’ life really.

Manchester (she/her)

I highly doubt that the charge will drive trolls etc away. It'd be cheap not free entertainment.

By *inkycreamCouple  over a year ago

manchester

"I highly doubt that the charge will drive trolls etc away. It'd be cheap not free entertainment. "

I do think a levy would help a little, even if it just gets rid of few idiots, would leave the company behind it more funding to improve its services.

[Removed by poster at 11/02/19 14:00:07]

I’ve been on here 3 weeks, only ever get messages of guys! I’ve sent a lot of nice polite messages out to women,and want to chat with.but I guess they think I’m not genuine,it’s hard to prove your one of the good blokes on here!i understand the amount of messages women get,maybe that’s just the problem on hereI’ll keep plugging away waiting for my first verification

manchester

"I’ve been on here 3 weeks, only ever get messages of guys! I’ve sent a lot of nice polite messages out to women,and want to chat with.but I guess they think I’m not genuine,it’s hard to prove your one of the good blokes on here!i understand the amount of messages women get,maybe that’s just the problem on hereI’ll keep plugging away waiting for my first verification "

Avitar is awful loose get a suit a few decent pics to start with, that picture alone would delete and not read. Description is going the right way needs extending a bit good luck

What are your thoughts?"

Some use this site to go on cam, just to use the forums or enjoy talking via messages. It's up to individuals if they want to meet or not. It's not a dictatorial site. Whereby you have to meet or fuck off. Granted, there are always going to be fake profiles. But i would just ignore those profiles than worry about what they are up to and whether they are fake or not. I prefer to concentrate on those i enjoy meeting

"I’ve been on here 3 weeks, only ever get messages of guys! I’ve sent a lot of nice polite messages out to women,and want to chat with.but I guess they think I’m not genuine,it’s hard to prove your one of the good blokes on here!i understand the amount of messages women get,maybe that’s just the problem on hereI’ll keep plugging away waiting for my first verification

So get rid of profile picture?shall I just have no profile picture ??thanks

Avitar is awful loose get a suit a few decent pics to start with, that picture alone would delete and not read. Description is going the right way needs extending a bit good luck "

[Removed by poster at 11/02/19 15:04:20]

"

"

I'm guessing they mean change it, rather than get rid of your profile picture all together. Most shadow avatars will not get a response. You will cut your chances even more, with no picture

"

I'm guessing they mean change it, rather than get rid of your profile picture all together. Most shadow avatars will not get a response. You will cut your chances even more, with no picture "

what do you suggest as I don’t want my face picture public?thanks

manchester

"I’ve been on here 3 weeks, only ever get messages of guys! I’ve sent a lot of nice polite messages out to women,and want to chat with.but I guess they think I’m not genuine,it’s hard to prove your one of the good blokes on here!i understand the amount of messages women get,maybe that’s just the problem on hereI’ll keep plugging away waiting for my first verification

Avitar is awful loose get a suit a few decent pics to start with, that picture alone would delete and not read. Description is going the right way needs extending a bit good luck "

Use a picture that appeals to your target audience

Manchester (she/her)

"

I'm guessing they mean change it, rather than get rid of your profile picture all together. Most shadow avatars will not get a response. You will cut your chances even more, with no picture what do you suggest as I don’t want my face picture public?thanks"

Anything but a cock or action shot. If your body is nothing but a face or a cock, I suggest you seek urgent medical advice.

"

I'm guessing they mean change it, rather than get rid of your profile picture all together. Most shadow avatars will not get a response. You will cut your chances even more, with no picture what do you suggest as I don’t want my face picture public?thanks"

There are plenty of choices. You can show your chest, or your thighs. Even a suit picture. They don't always need to be provocative. Most dont show their face and have great pictures

"

I'm guessing they mean change it, rather than get rid of your profile picture all together. Most shadow avatars will not get a response. You will cut your chances even more, with no picture thanks I’ll have a look through and find something at least more appealing

There are plenty of choices. You can show your chest, or your thighs. Even a suit picture. They don't always need to be provocative. Most dont show their face and have great pictures "

New profile pic? one pack, not six pack)

By *he Cheeky GirlsCouple (FF)  over a year ago

Dover

What are your thoughts?

Its bollocks innit....

I was discussing with a friend who isn't on here, he said they should pull the plug on accounts that haven't met or havent sign in after six months or payed for site support. Reckon that would free up some data space and boot the timewasters.

Looks like you managed to free some space after all.

"

manchester

"New profile pic? one pack, not six pack)"

Better extend profile reasons why a lady would feel safe and welcome in your company etc

"New profile pic? one pack, not six pack)

Better extend profile reasons why a lady would feel safe and welcome in your company etc "

I’ve updated it thanks

» Add a new message to this topic