FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Silent Witness

Silent Witness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ophiaCD OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

St Asaph

Anyone watch the Tran’s theamed episode of silent witness. Was it a good portrail of the trans scene. Excluding the gruesome murders of course

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I watched the first episode and now just seen the second .

I don't think represents the trans "scene" as its an isolated incident created by the author.

I found it interesting and it was refreshing to see such a diverse cast as I feel silent whiteness in the past few years have tried to do anyway.

From a bisexual woman's point of view I cant comment as someone who is trans. I do however, feel it was done trying to keep everything as PC as possible. Some of the phrases from trans people talking is almost from the nhs website or any help website , and didn't feel authentic if that makes sense.

It was certainly a good watch and I won't spoil the twists or ending for anyone wanting to watch.

Summing up, it was very much erring on the side of caution and reiterating help leaflets when it came to anything regarding transitioning. However some points highlighted I feel would open eyes.

Watch and see x

By *ophiaCD OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

St Asaph

At least the bbc aired a program that was centred about the trans community

By *hoenix CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northallerton

"I watched the first episode and now just seen the second .

I don't think represents the trans "scene" as its an isolated incident created by the author.

I found it interesting and it was refreshing to see such a diverse cast as I feel silent whiteness in the past few years have tried to do anyway.

From a bisexual woman's point of view I cant comment as someone who is trans. I do however, feel it was done trying to keep everything as PC as possible. Some of the phrases from trans people talking is almost from the nhs website or any help website , and didn't feel authentic if that makes sense.

It was certainly a good watch and I won't spoil the twists or ending for anyone wanting to watch.

Summing up, it was very much erring on the side of caution and reiterating help leaflets when it came to anything regarding transitioning. However some points highlighted I feel would open eyes.

Watch and see x "

Great Post and fully agree. It was a fab programme and very refreshing, apart from the murders of course.

» Add a new message to this topic