FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Sapiosexuals

Sapiosexuals

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can someone explain sapiosexuality to me? I believe it exists and I see people on here saying they’re sapiosexual.

But at the same time, I’ve never seen a stunner going out with someone less physically fortunate, just because they’re intelligent.

Do you get wet when someone does equations? Just how does it work?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *antric hedonismMan  over a year ago

larne

If you need to ask then you just don’t get it

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I suspect I'm sapiosexual, although I don't use the term for myself.

I have physical limits in terms of attractiveness, I think we all do. But within those limits, my sense of a person changes depending on their... not just intelligence, but willingness to engage, curiosity, that sort of thing. So someone around my physical ideal will become dramatically less attractive to me if they can't hold a basic conversation or push back if I try to engage socially). This happens a lot here, actually.

Someone more in the "their appearance doesn't rule them out" category can go way up in my estimations by being witty and engaging.

I find interested and interesting people more desirable, basically. No, we don't discuss the aural merits of Mozart while doing the dirty, but it's a helpful adjunct to foreplay, I suppose.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I suspect I'm sapiosexual, although I don't use the term for myself.

I have physical limits in terms of attractiveness, I think we all do. But within those limits, my sense of a person changes depending on their... not just intelligence, but willingness to engage, curiosity, that sort of thing. So someone around my physical ideal will become dramatically less attractive to me if they can't hold a basic conversation or push back if I try to engage socially). This happens a lot here, actually.

Someone more in the "their appearance doesn't rule them out" category can go way up in my estimations by being witty and engaging.

I find interested and interesting people more desirable, basically. No, we don't discuss the aural merits of Mozart while doing the dirty, but it's a helpful adjunct to foreplay, I suppose. "

Precisely this.

Nita

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sexual attraction comes in many forms. How you feel about how someone looks is how another person can feel about how someone thinks.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

It's so they don't have to write "bit of a prick" on their profile.

By *ySweetLadyWoman  over a year ago

London

I find interested and interesting people more desirable, basically. No, we don't discuss the aural merits of Mozart while doing the dirty, but it's a helpful adjunct to foreplay, I suppose. "

Does it make me sapiosexual because your use of the word "adjunct" aroused me?

By *eelouWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

To be honest I actively avoid anyone with the term saphophile or anything like it on their profile. I've found the majority to be very judgmental and condescending and living on the assumption that the general population aren't intelligent.

Just because I don't want to talk politics or because I didn't go to a private school doesn't make me a moron. Also has bugger all to do with the reason I'm on here (or was when I was meeting)

Yes this is a general statement and I'm aware not all are like this but I just find it rude and a marker for me to stay away from them.

I find interested and interesting people more desirable, basically. No, we don't discuss the aural merits of Mozart while doing the dirty, but it's a helpful adjunct to foreplay, I suppose.

Does it make me sapiosexual because your use of the word "adjunct" aroused me? "

No, it just makes you vocabulary-sexual ...

By *izzmasterzeroMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Think most people have this in some way, when someone is knowledgeable and passionate about a certain subject it can come across as quite attractive, nobody finds a moron attractive based purely on his brain-dead idiocy

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"It's so they don't have to write "bit of a prick" on their profile. "
No, people just think that about me anyway

Manchester (she/her)

Does it make me sapiosexual because your use of the word "adjunct" aroused me? "

Haha! I did once decide I wanted to shag someone based on an argument we had about etymology of all things. (I wasn't trying to be pretentious above. That is just how I talk, I'm afraid)

"If you need to ask then you just don’t get it"

Obviously. That’s the general idea when someone asks a question I’m guessing you won’t be attracting any brainiacs

Manchester (she/her)

"To be honest I actively avoid anyone with the term saphophile or anything like it on their profile. I've found the majority to be very judgmental and condescending and living on the assumption that the general population aren't intelligent.

Just because I don't want to talk politics or because I didn't go to a private school doesn't make me a moron. Also has bugger all to do with the reason I'm on here (or was when I was meeting)

Yes this is a general statement and I'm aware not all are like this but I just find it rude and a marker for me to stay away from them. "

Part of the reason I don't use the term is that it often seems to come across as pretentious, and I don't want to be that person. (I do note that I'm intelligent/ educated, but that's not because I want it to be a class marker, it's more, some people find that off putting and I'm afraid I can't hide it).

I'm not saying your preferences are wrong, and it can certainly have an unpleasant association, more... We're not all pompous pricks.

Ohh thanks. This really clears things up and makes it much more relatable and understandable.

I always assumed it was more extreme, and that it was only intelligence that people liked and that physicality never came into it.

However, it does make me wonder - aren’t these personality traits (engaging, inquisitive, intelligent) things that everyone finds attractive in other people?

Does it make me sapiosexual because your use of the word "adjunct" aroused me?

Haha! I did once decide I wanted to shag someone based on an argument we had about etymology of all things. (I wasn't trying to be pretentious above. That is just how I talk, I'm afraid) "

It is how I would generally talk too. I didn't think you were being pretentious, it genuinely aroused me.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’ve been attracted to a wide range of people but although they may not seem to have much in common most of them will have been able to engage in interesting conversation. Personally I find that attractive.

Once you start talking to someone you’ll find out more about them and I’ve met some really interesting people who have been tall, short, slim, athletic, ample, older, younger.

Take note this is why most of us don’t like cock pics. We don’t carry on a conversation with a dick!

Yes OP, for many people. Although it"s probably more about the degree. Some women find hunky firemen does it for them ... I can't think why ..

Glasgow

"To be honest I actively avoid anyone with the term saphophile or anything like it on their profile. I've found the majority to be very judgmental and condescending and living on the assumption that the general population aren't intelligent.

Yes this is a general statement and I'm aware not all are like this but I just find it rude and a marker for me to stay away from them.

Part of the reason I don't use the term is that it often seems to come across as pretentious, and I don't want to be that person. (I do note that I'm intelligent/ educated, but that's not because I want it to be a class marker, it's more, some people find that off putting and I'm afraid I can't hide it).

I'm not saying your preferences are wrong, and it can certainly have an unpleasant association, more... We're not all pompous pricks. "

Oh no I totally agree there, that's why I said it was a general remark. I'd much rather have a good conversation with someone that daft one liners. I just find that quite a few that go out of their way to say how intelligent they are often turn out to be the pretentious, up their own arse people that I find unattractive.

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS  over a year ago

Cornwall

People "go off" me when they realise I can beat them at chess....(seriously that happened)

Nearly any form of sexual attraction to me comes from within the person rather than how they look. That doesn't mean they have to quote Shakespeare or the theory of general relativity but just come over as nice, caring and a level of kindness; I suppose a beautiful person inside is what really turns me on

By *ystical_InkedBBWWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in the Shire of Derby

Being able to have conversations about anything and everything is great. It is really hard work when two people are not on the same wavelength and there is no common ground to work with.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I'm not saying your preferences are wrong, and it can certainly have an unpleasant association, more... We're not all pompous pricks.

Oh no I totally agree there, that's why I said it was a general remark. I'd much rather have a good conversation with someone that daft one liners. I just find that quite a few that go out of their way to say how intelligent they are often turn out to be the pretentious, up their own arse people that I find unattractive. "

Oh how true. A degree doesn’t make anyone intelligent. It only shows they can pass exams. People are interesting not their qualification. I’ve worked with academics and they were far from interesting.

By *aughty_Nat69Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Is this not normal? What everyone does? - personally and connection amplify attraction. Whereas no connection / bad personality can make someone less attractive.

Manchester (she/her)

"Oh how true. A degree doesn’t make anyone intelligent. It only shows they can pass exams. People are interesting not their qualification. I’ve worked with academics and they were far from interesting. "

I can't speak for others, but for me intelligence is a state of mind, not qualifications. Being curious and willing to ask questions, that sort of thing. I do have qualifications, but some of the people I've most admired didn't get GCSEs or equivalent, much less degrees. Degrees can be impressive (or not, depending on specifics), but they're certainly not everything.

By *ovingittwoCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Never heard of this before! But think I (Mrs) is, I'm a sucker for intelligent and amusing men!

By *y Favorite PornstarCouple  over a year ago

Slough

"Oh how true. A degree doesn’t make anyone intelligent. It only shows they can pass exams. People are interesting not their qualification. I’ve worked with academics and they were far from interesting.

I can't speak for others, but for me intelligence is a state of mind, not qualifications. Being curious and willing to ask questions, that sort of thing. I do have qualifications, but some of the people I've most admired didn't get GCSEs or equivalent, much less degrees. Degrees can be impressive (or not, depending on specifics), but they're certainly not everything. "

If you want to go on the proper definitions, "intellect" is an 'interest in ideas' whereas "intelligence" is IQ. The correlation between them is limited in my opinion and I'd much rather spend an evening with someone high in intellect, rather than high in IQ.

People who are attracted to intelligence are generally not so intelligent themselves and are star-struck.

Slough

"People who are attracted to intelligence are generally not so intelligent themselves and are star-struck. "

Often it really means "someone who has the same political views as me"

"Oh how true. A degree doesn’t make anyone intelligent. It only shows they can pass exams. People are interesting not their qualification. I’ve worked with academics and they were far from interesting.

I can't speak for others, but for me intelligence is a state of mind, not qualifications. Being curious and willing to ask questions, that sort of thing. I do have qualifications, but some of the people I've most admired didn't get GCSEs or equivalent, much less degrees. Degrees can be impressive (or not, depending on specifics), but they're certainly not everything.

If you want to go on the proper definitions, "intellect" is an 'interest in ideas' whereas "intelligence" is IQ. The correlation between them is limited in my opinion and I'd much rather spend an evening with someone high in intellect, rather than high in IQ. "

And problem solvers and ingenious and innovative people aren't always the best conversationalist.

Neither are some intelligent people, as they can be self-absorbed and tedious to listen to.

"People who are attracted to intelligence are generally not so intelligent themselves and are star-struck.

Often it really means "someone who has the same political views as me" "

Do non-intelligent people understand politics? (I don't).

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Yes this is a general statement and I'm aware not all are like this but I just find it rude and a marker for me to stay away from them. "

Totally agree

Intelligence can be sexy. Intelligence, being funny and having a handsome face is far sexier though

Manchester (she/her)

"People who are attracted to intelligence are generally not so intelligent themselves and are star-struck.

Often it really means "someone who has the same political views as me" "

I don't want to know the political views of my Fab meets. I try to avoid and steer away from the topic.

Slough

I don't want to know the political views of my Fab meets. I try to avoid and steer away from the topic. "

It's likely to come up eventually if you have enough socials. We've had some amazing meets with people with very different political views. However, a lot of people tend to demonise people who disagree with them.

Slough

Do non-intelligent people understand politics? (I don't)."

Personally i don't rate politics as especially intelligent conversation. There's a lot about politics that a non-politician simply cannot know. So i think it shows ignorance to pretend that politics is some sort of science we can observe from the outside. I also don't think politicians are anywhere near as important as they present themselves to be either.

By *hubnwife_36dd_ukCouple  over a year ago

chester

and there was me thinking it was all about the chemistry!

Manchester (she/her)

I don't want to know the political views of my Fab meets. I try to avoid and steer away from the topic.

It's likely to come up eventually if you have enough socials. We've had some amazing meets with people with very different political views. However, a lot of people tend to demonise people who disagree with them. "

Perhaps. It has come up with those I now consider friends, but more casually, I do my utmost to avoid it. I'd rather keep things more ideologically neutral.

By *ade and VanessaCouple  over a year ago

Central Scotland

Exactly this. Not even just intelligence but personality/mental spark plays a huge part in attractiveness.

V x

"Nearly any form of sexual attraction to me comes from within the person rather than how they look. That doesn't mean they have to quote Shakespeare or the theory of general relativity but just come over as nice, caring and a level of kindness; I suppose a beautiful person inside is what really turns me on"

I love this!!! I find kindness the most attractive quality too xxx

Slough

It's likely to come up eventually if you have enough socials. We've had some amazing meets with people with very different political views. However, a lot of people tend to demonise people who disagree with them.

Perhaps. It has come up with those I now consider friends, but more casually, I do my utmost to avoid it. I'd rather keep things more ideologically neutral. "

There's a spectrum of opinions and there's a range on that spectrum that I will associate with, which is not including the whole spectrum. So i can be friends with someone who is nationalist, even though I am not especially nationalist myself, but there's also a point at which nationalism crosses into racism, just as there's a point where internationalism crosses into anarchy.

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Can someone explain sapiosexuality to me? I believe it exists and I see people on here saying they’re sapiosexual.

But at the same time, I’ve never seen a stunner going out with someone less physically fortunate, just because they’re intelligent.

Do you get wet when someone does equations? Just how does it work?"

Fucking brilliant analogy !

‘ Do you get wet when someone does equations ? ‘

An absolute gem that’s brightened up my evening , thank you

It's likely to come up eventually if you have enough socials. We've had some amazing meets with people with very different political views. However, a lot of people tend to demonise people who disagree with them. "

I've known people for years and met lots of people and we have never spoken politics.

One of my very good buddies works in media with something to do with the news and politics and even he doesn't talk shop.

"Can someone explain sapiosexuality to me? I believe it exists and I see people on here saying they’re sapiosexual.

An absolute gem that’s brightened up my evening , thank you "

I've become aroused over a mathematical conundrum being discussed on here.

Mathematics is my weakness

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

An absolute gem that’s brightened up my evening , thank you

I've become aroused over a mathematical conundrum being discussed on here.

Mathematics is my weakness "

Yeah , I have to confess that me and my wife often include mathematical conundrums , and our grasp of of the literary works of Shakespeare and their impact on modern society , in our foreplay .

But I thought that was normal behaviour . Now I know it’s got a name . Just goes to show that you never stop learning

I have noticed a lot of people who don't label themselves as sapiosexual probably are.

If you are less concerned with physical looks and more inclined to connect with someone based on conversation and personality, you could well be sapiosexial.

More often than not it is yet another fucking hoop to jump through though.

Sapiosexuals on fab be like...

-So what is your favourite colour?

-Stop asking stupid, ask me something logical and matured !

-How many moles of sodium bicarbonate are needed to neutralise 0.8ml of sulphuric acid at STP?

-My favourite colour is pink

Glasgow

"Sapiosexuals on fab be like...

-How many moles of sodium bicarbonate are needed to neutralise 0.8ml of sulphuric acid at STP?

-My favourite colour is pink "

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS  over a year ago

Cornwall

"Sapiosexuals on fab be like...

-My favourite colour is pink "

Its someone who like sea serpent willys

By *etro1940sCouple  over a year ago

Kingston upon Thames

Precisely this.

Nita"

absolutely correct and something we are attracted to - intelligent in a charming way not arrogant is very sexy

I think it's a load of shite x

By *eddonistikMan  over a year ago

Manchester

My ex wife refers to me as the most intelligent person she knows, should I put that on my profile?

By *eddonistikMan  over a year ago

Manchester

My ex wife refers to me as the most intelligent person she knows, should I put that on my profile?

By *EHantsManMan  over a year ago

Letterston

"My ex wife refers to me as the most intelligent person she knows, should I put that on my profile?"

That depends on the intelligence of the other people your wife knows.

By *EHantsManMan  over a year ago

Letterston

"Can someone explain sapiosexuality to me?

I once got a hard on when a woman used the word "friable" in everyday conversation. She did have a mathematics degree but we were looking for a field in which to fuck each other's brains out at the time, so that may have helped.

As a rule I think it's a tediously pretentious label...why can't they just say "I prefer to fuck people I can also have an intelligent conversation with?

By *exystacey40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

This x

While intelligence and intellect play a part, as a self- described sapiosexual, it’s a lot more than than that.

It’s often said that you can’t screw a personality, but I strongly disagree. For me, the personality is often far more important than the physical. And for me, sapiosexuality is just that... being attracted to somebody by things other than pure physical triggers of lust. It goes beyond the physical.

"

As a rule I think it's a tediously pretentious label...why can't they just say "I prefer to fuck people I can also have an intelligent conversation with?

"

Because "sapiosexual" has fewer syllables.

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

"

Because "sapiosexual" has fewer syllables."

What's Sybil got to do with it?

» Add a new message to this topic