FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > PrEP

PrEP

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Seen on a few profiles that people take PrEP, had to google it as I’d not heard of it before.

Are people now taking this rather than protection? Not judging, just curious.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/10/18 14:18:55]

"[Removed by poster at 24/10/18 14:18:55]"

Tell me

I have had some Guy's contacting me with an offer of bareback sex , i am not into guys so i politely decline . In the other hand i think that amazing that there is something like that on the market. So as answer on your question yes i guess they are people who are using it. I think it's broadly used in gay community but i might be wrong .

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

mostly used in the gay community but be mindful it's the same drug to treat HIV as it is too prevent it, so some will say negative on PreP when actually they are positive on the same drug so undetectable. Use common sense or do your research. Oh and it's not only gay men, lots of the "straights" do it too.

Thank you. Do they pay privately for it? It’s only going to protect against HIV and not other sexually transmitted diseases is it ?

"mostly used in the gay community but be mindful it's the same drug to treat HIV as it is too prevent it, so some will say negative on PreP when actually they are positive on the same drug so undetectable. Use common sense or do your research. Oh and it's not only gay men, lots of the "straights" do it too."

I don’t want to take it, saw it on a few profiles and wondered what it was, I merely curious. Thank you though x

I'm guessing it's not refundable by NHS That's my concern as well, as using condoms it's not only against HIV but all STD's but as far as i am concern yes only from HIV.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I wouldn't meet anyone that takes that.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

PrEP or PEP only protects you from giving or catching the HIV virus , it does not protect against other STIs so bareback sex is still risky , its available to people in the high risk groups ie gay or bisexual men but as i understand its not available on the NHS as yet and can be a costly monthly payment tho correct me if im wrong , no i dont take it i use common sense and dont partake in high risk sex without protection

"I wouldn't meet anyone that takes that."

I don’t think could to, Judy curious at to how many on fab are taking it

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Chester

I'm taking it. As I get tested regularly and I'm a bottom I am considered to be in a high risk group and therefore the doctor asked if I'd like to be part of the NHS trial of PrEP. Although I don't do bareback, any added protection is a bonus so I said yes.

I had to provide a negative blood sample before being accepted on the trial and have to get checked every month to ensure it's not having negative effects on me which includes STI checks.

I put it on my profile simply to show that I am playing more carefully and to confirm I don't do bareback.

[Removed by poster at 24/10/18 18:58:29]

medical science letting dirty fuckers carry on being dirty.

and ruining other peoples lives without a care by spreading diseases.

they wont be meeting me, instant block.

"medical science letting dirty fuckers carry on being dirty.

"

Surely you could make the same argument about condoms..... abstinence is so much safer.....

I've met a couple of teachers in my time on here.

"

Oral spreads diseases too

PREP is a combination anti-retroviral (there are three different types) which is used to reduce someones HIV load to undetectable levels if taken regularly.

It is ALSO used as a pre exposure prophylaxis anti-viral which reduces the chances of HIV transmission by at least 83% when used correctly (dosage/timing).

If used in conjunction with condoms and regular screening it can seriously reduce HIV transmission.

You can't take it without being tested first as if you are HIV+ and you take it you can develop an immunity (I think).

Private sales are on the internet- the US FDA regulated in back in 2007 but the stigma of gay sex- and indeed the riskier elements - chemsex, bareback and the relative ease of transmission- make the clinical trial ongoing a priority.

The NHS refused to fund it and was roundly defeated at court. It costs about £20/mth off of patent and apparently it doesn't offer as much protection for vaginal penetration, but I'd rather take it and use condoms to be doubly sure.

Nothing wrong with being careful and nothing to be ashamed of!

Thanks Beth and Trans-tastic for sharing.

You honestly learn something new everyday and I learnt that.

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Chester

"

Not quite sure who that's aimed at... dirty fuckers have been spreading disease for centuries....people on PrEP are LESS likely to catch HIV!

Glad to be of help for once!

"Seen on a few profiles that people take PrEP, had to google it as I’d not heard of it before.

Are people now taking this rather than protection? Not judging, just curious. "

It's for HIV as far as I can tell it would annihilate the aids virus if you were infected with it

By *amanthajonestsTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

PrEP does offer some protection but it is far from a magic bullet. Like anything else it is not 100% effective and several (Four to date) cases have been reported so far where people still managed to contract HIV despite using it. They were particularly unlucky in those cases as drug resistant strains involved. It's still reckoned to be about 86% effective in most studies. But that's still a large margin of error to gamble on.

"I've met a couple of teachers in my time on here. "

This reply is obviously in the wrong thread! Doh. My brain is frazzled

"Seen on a few profiles that people take PrEP, had to google it as I’d not heard of it before.

Are people now taking this rather than protection? Not judging, just curious. "

what the f*** is prep

"Thanks Beth and Trans-tastic for sharing.

"

Every day is a school day. Thanks x

The issue with people misusing PREP which costs the NHS about £90 a time us that it's causing a raise in STIs as people know they are protected against the big one. Users that are put on a PREP trial get councilled first but often health advisors will get it prescribed because of the risk of HIV is too great to some who regularly engage in risky sex. Personally I think PREP is over used and should only be given to people who are in a relationship with a known HIV person. And PEP obviously used for people who have not consented to sex.

"I'm taking it. As I get tested regularly and I'm a bottom I am considered to be in a high risk group and therefore the doctor asked if I'd like to be part of the NHS trial of PrEP. Although I don't do bareback, any added protection is a bonus so I said yes.

I had to provide a negative blood sample before being accepted on the trial and have to get checked every month to ensure it's not having negative effects on me which includes STI checks.

I put it on my profile simply to show that I am playing more carefully and to confirm I don't do bareback."

It's so nice to see people using it the way it's intended.

"I've met a couple of teachers in my time on here.

This reply is obviously in the wrong thread! Doh. My brain is frazzled"

I did wonder

Are people now taking this rather than protection? Not judging, just curious. what the f*** is prep"

Read the thread

"The issue with people misusing PREP which costs the NHS about £90 a time us that it's causing a raise in STIs as people know they are protected against the big one. Users that are put on a PREP trial get councilled first but often health advisors will get it prescribed because of the risk of HIV is too great to some who regularly engage in risky sex. Personally I think PREP is over used and should only be given to people who are in a relationship with a known HIV person. And PEP obviously used for people who have not consented to sex. "

A good friend of mine was offered it as he was considered to be at risk by clinic. He declined, but the fact he was offered made him rethink the whole risk thing and how he was putting himself at risk.

"Thanks Beth and Trans-tastic for sharing.

"

» Add a new message to this topic