FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Who reads the profiles

Who reads the profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rumcouple2013 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Tamworth

Our first post, so please go easy on us.

Out of interest, who actually reads the profile write ups. Or is it straight to the public pictures and then a quick glance at the profile.

We ask, as we have had several winks and messages recently from other members (none single men) that clear state “won’t meet smokers” or “ looking for full swap”. But our profile states we both smoke and only soft swap with couples. This means we have to send a polite reply stating the obvious.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We do, it's a must! No matter what they look like you need to know what they want or why bother?

By *inkyDragonsCouple  over a year ago

Ammanford

"We do, it's a must! No matter what they look like you need to know what they want or why bother? "

^ This

I read profiles as people's predilections fascinate me...

Those people who state "no one reads profiles so I don't bother filling mine out", have been very trying interactions for me because those peeps seem to have issues expressing themselves and being transparent with regards to who they are.

Saying all that some people who read profiles see what they want to in them lol...

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I do, in general a lot of single guys don't.

By *wesomeSauce!Man  over a year ago

Brighton

Always.

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

I can only speak for myself. I enjoy reading profiles. I like to learn about people. Some wind me up. But you take the rough with the smooth.

Re smoking. I am a smoker and yet have met people off here who had chosen the won't neet smokers option.

By *ngel clawsWoman  over a year ago

Hull

I think the serious ones will read your profile. I always do, mainly so I'm polite and don't make an idiot of myself lol

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Of course....after I've checked location

I always read profiles. X

By *hooselifeMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Reading profiles is half the fun!

Men never read the instructions lol.

By *wo4FemCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Welcome to the forums.

If someone catches our eyes then we will read their profile to see if their interests relate to ours.

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"Our first post, so please go easy on us.

Out of interest, who actually reads the profile write ups. Or is it straight to the public pictures and then a quick glance at the profile.

We ask, as we have had several winks and messages recently from other members (none single men) that clear state “won’t meet smokers” or “ looking for full swap”. But our profile states we both smoke and only soft swap with couples. This means we have to send a polite reply stating the obvious. "

The little green arrow gives you away, it's not your first post. I'm guessing you meant it's your first thread though

Your right though, the vast majority of people dont read profiles. After a while it grinds people down and they get fed up with giving polite replies, or even replies at all.

Yep, always read them, I start with location and who they're looking for, and if I like them I message or put on hot list to save and message later

By *entenTeaCouple  over a year ago

Buckley North Wales

Always read profiles some times multiple times. Profiles that say hardly anything tend to be viewed less favourably.

We always do but alot of people don't. Just a part of fab that you get used to!!

Tamworth

We ask, as we have had several winks and messages recently from other members (none single men) that clear state “won’t meet smokers” or “ looking for full swap”. But our profile states we both smoke and only soft swap with couples. This means we have to send a polite reply stating the obvious.

The little green arrow gives you away, it's not your first post. I'm guessing you meant it's your first thread though ."

Yes you are right, our first thread but have replied to a couple of threads recently.

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

I'd say most single men don't bother reading profiles. They just look at the pics with their dicks in their hands and wink or message away.

We are really specific as to what we're looking for, but amazing how many unsuitable blokes don't read the profile and message us regardless.

Not too much of a problem as we just block anyone who looks at us, winks at us, or messages us if they are unsuitable.

"We do, it's a must! No matter what they look like you need to know what they want or why bother? "

^^^^^this is so true. As a single man I get the stereotype of just send a message

“hey wanna fuck” send unwanted dick pic

But I actually read profiles because I want to know whether it’s worth messaging them or not

I always wink first

It tells you if single males are blocked or messages from site supporters only

Then I read and decide if I should message

We ask, as we have had several winks and messages recently from other members (none single men) that clear state “won’t meet smokers” or “ looking for full swap”. But our profile states we both smoke and only soft swap with couples. This means we have to send a polite reply stating the obvious. "

I look at the public pictures and then read the profile

"

most people don't bother with reading profiles because it can get tiresome especially if you're busy and writing to people who totally ignore you even after reading the profile and useing a secret word set up by the profile user to show that you have read the profile.You don't even get a reply most of the time. And even if you do its a one word reply from a profile user who has thousands of demands and requests lol And then there people who just bulk delete whthout reading messages! Who's gonna bother putting in effort after that?Then you get people wanting sexy senario story requests like what would you do to me if? Or attach a face pictures with first message even though they themselves don't have pictures or verifications or even if they are it can be fake like anything els.

So thats the main resons why I don't bother half the time and if i do its hi how are you lol and if I don't get a reply it's cool because it only takes me a few seconds to compose not ten minutes. that piss people off because they want you to put in more effort! Can't keep everyone happy so just be happy yourself especially in a place like this!!

Hope that makes sense.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Most don't bother

By *ophleeCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

We always read profiles first, but you are so right. So many Don't, we regularly get messaged usually from singke guys who dont meet simple crireria and a simple look at our profile would stop that

most people don't bother with reading profiles because it can get tiresome especially if you're busy and writing to people who totally ignore you even after reading the profile and useing a secret word set up by the profile user to show that you have read the profile.You don't even get a reply most of the time. And even if you do its a one word reply from a profile user who has thousands of demands and requests lol And then there people who just bulk delete whthout reading messages! Who's gonna bother putting in effort after that?Then you get people wanting sexy senario story requests like what would you do to me if? Or attach a face pictures with first message even though they themselves don't have pictures or verifications or even if they are it can be fake like anything els.

So thats the main resons why I don't bother half the time and if i do its hi how are you lol and if I don't get a reply it's cool because it only takes me a few seconds to compose not ten minutes. that piss people off because they want you to put in more effort! Can't keep everyone happy so just be happy yourself especially in a place like this!!

Hope that makes sense."

Makes sense to me.

If something is important to you like soft swing, it helps to put it at the top of the profile text and not hidden in the middle.

The people saying they want full swap on their profile might be happy with soft swap with the right people.

I think profiles are guides not menu's - if that makes sense?

I agree with the posts on here. I would guess 95% of guys don't read my profile.

I get the usual messages about meeting up for fun etc and it's slightly frustrating. I've also had messages saying 'well who reads profiles'

I do because it tells me something about that person and their likes /dislikes and I wouldn't want to waste time messaging someone who wouldn't meet me.

Simple

I think you are spot on about the smokers thing and general likes dislikes etc. Soft swing / full swap is a difficult one as we would describe ourselves as a full swap couple, but are more than happy to just do soft swap if that's what someone else is into. I would say we spend more time in soft swap scenarios than full swap, either way it's all fun

"I agree with the posts on here. I would guess 95% of guys don't read my profile.

I get the usual messages about meeting up for fun etc and it's slightly frustrating. I've also had messages saying 'well who reads profiles'

I do because it tells me something about that person and their likes /dislikes and I wouldn't want to waste time messaging someone who wouldn't meet me.

Simple "

The answer to the question who reads profiles...

1) The Sun journalists

2) Sydney University (apparently)

3) Women

I read the profile once there’s an interest. Like you say you kind of have to or your message won’t hit the right note. Even so it’s a tough old game lol

By *emel9Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

I will look at location, pics if there are any and then read the profile if those things work for me.

Some profiles are enormous though. Some are so long you find yourself skimming them.

It's difficult to balance the write information and a new version of War and Peace.

Given the amount of messages I get (when it states on my profile they will be deleted) I would say that most don’t read profiles.

I however do as if not how would you see if you are compatible?

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don’t. Entirely depends on how I’m feeling, if the first sentence appeals, if the picture appeals, if the status appeals...... etc

So many different variables.

I expect it’s the same for lots of people.

V x

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Pretty sure, no one reads mine.

Or they do, and just ignore it

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I do can't answer for Dick.

I like to see if we have compatability

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

It depends to be honest - if it's off the back of a fabbing thread for example then I'll just look at the pics unless something catches my eye that interests me to find out more about the user.

If however it's someone I'd be interested in meeting then yes I'll read the profile in detail and tailor any messages accordingly, although as I rarely send unsolicited messages that doesn't happen often.

By *inful xWoman  over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

I read the profile a few times before I decide to message or not

I would say that most people don't bother though then they complain no one replies

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

Always look at the pics first then if interested make sure I read the profile

Tamworth

Thanks for all the replies. Been very helpful with regards to some minor changes to our own profile.

Strange as we haven’t had the problem with single men, females don’t message us for some unknown reason, it’s just couples who seem to look at the pics, wink us then send a message.

Always read the profile as it helps me decide whether to message or not.

Usually start with the age then if that fits go on to read the text. Only then will I look at the photos. There are so many that just say 'will fill in later' usually single females and have been on over a year. Always pass them by. Some are very funny, read one the other day from a couple that was in the most fab'd pics. Made me laugh I just had to message. Got a reply too! Some are just what I would call 'run of the mill', probably like mine.

I don't see the point of wasting my time messaging someone if they aren't what I'm looking for or more importantly I'm not what they are looking for.

If I see 'hot', 'gym fit' or 9" cocks, then I wouldn't waste my time. You can only see that by reading the profile not by looking at the photos.

I read profiles as l would be wanting to know a bit about the person I’m replying to. It gives me an insight on things they like and don’t and wether they suck at Fun or married. If they haven’t written anything on their bio,l loose interest

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

1. Look at avatar

2. If interesting, look at profile.

3. If short - read. If long - skim through.

4. Look at more pics.

5. If potential meet, fab pics, private notes and add into hotlist.

6. Close profile.

Repeat at other avatar.

Copy/paste your profile as the reply. I’ve done this and they actually read it

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Straight to the pics ..maybe glance though rest of profile but if its someone im interested in getting to know i'll thoroughly read the profile

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Copy/paste your profile as the reply. I’ve done this and they actually read it "

I do this frequently lol

» Add a new message to this topic