FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Laser hair removal - advice please

Laser hair removal - advice please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

After constant vag shaving and the problems that can cause, I wondered if anyone has bought a laser for hair removal? If so, which one do you recommend?

I know you can get it done at a clinic but if the DIY ones are good then I would prefer to do it myself.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ransGuyTV/TS  over a year ago

Cardiff

The DIY ones aren't as good, it takes longer to get results. All I have found so far is that it slows down the hair growth, but it's patchy and like I said it's slow going, you have to keep on top of it to get results that last.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've tried both professional and home types - though they are IPL (Impulse light) rather than true lasers.

Professional does work - but is horrendously expensive as one or two courses are nothing like enough. Each session removes about a tenth of whatever hair is left - so it's a long diminishing effect...

A few years ago I bought a "Me My Elos" home kit and would recommend it highly! It cost then nearly £400 - about the same price as a single course of quality professional sessions.... I used it every other week, turning the power up as the hair slowly disappeared, and it's been worth every penny! The end results are permanent and have no ill effects. Under arms went withing a year, and pubes are now almost completely smooth, and feel lovely. (Inspections welcome!)

The original flash heads do burn out after a few months - do NOT replace then with the cheap 6000 flash units, they are a waste of money - spend the extra and buy the 100,000 flash head, it will last until you are completely done.

These units work best on darker hair (needs to be shaved short first), but not dark skin. They do work on fair/white hair, but very, very slowly!

Pain limit is very easy to bear, and you can turn it down if it's too much.

I did try electrolysis first, and that hurt - a lot! (I don't think that it actually worked, either... I didn't see any difference...)

Hope this helps - please ask if I've left anything out...

ps - I've just looked on ebay and you can easily buy a used Me My Elos for well under £100 (the old style white square one like I use).

You can easily clean the working face of the flash head, or buy a replacement if you're really fussy.

Worth a try for not a lot of money!

"I've tried both professional and home types - though they are IPL (Impulse light) rather than true lasers.

Professional does work - but is horrendously expensive as one or two courses are nothing like enough. Each session removes about a tenth of whatever hair is left - so it's a long diminishing effect...

A few years ago I bought a "Me My Elos" home kit and would recommend it highly! It cost then nearly £400 - about the same price as a single course of quality professional sessions.... I used it every other week, turning the power up as the hair slowly disappeared, and it's been worth every penny! The end results are permanent and have no ill effects. Under arms went withing a year, and pubes are now almost completely smooth, and feel lovely. (Inspections welcome!)

The original flash heads do burn out after a few months - do NOT replace then with the cheap 6000 flash units, they are a waste of money - spend the extra and buy the 100,000 flash head, it will last until you are completely done.

These units work best on darker hair (needs to be shaved short first), but not dark skin. They do work on fair/white hair, but very, very slowly!

I did try electrolysis first, and that hurt - a lot! (I don't think that it actually worked, either... I didn't see any difference...)

"

Thanks so much Annie!

I did think that if I went to a clinic I wouldn't get much change from £1000 so I will go with your recommendation and at least don't have to make time consuming appointments.

Fidge xx

"Thanks so much Annie!

I did think that if I went to a clinic I wouldn't get much change from £1000 so I will go with your recommendation and at least don't have to make time consuming appointments.

Fidge xx"

Thanks Fridge, it is worth trying, and it's so much easier to do it in your own time and at home.

I spent a lot on two clinic sessions first, and wish that I'd saved my money and bought a home unit instead. The clinic ones are powerful, but the home ones are nearly as good...

Just make sure that your hair is trimmed as much as possible, and that your skin is dry with no creams etc.

Start on the lower settings - though I found that I could take the high setting straight away - except for the darker skin around my "lips"...

Always turn your eyes away from the flash, and make sure that it can't be reflected back at you by any mirrors etc! It is powerful!

You don't need to buy the Epilator head for it - the hairs need to be in place for the IPL to work. It "cooks' the hair and that burns out the root...

Use it regularly, every 2 weeks - each hair grows on a 3-week cycle, and can only be killed on the first week, so you need to work on a different cycle. I found that later I could comfortably do it weekly. The further you go, the easier it gets...

If you want to chat about it - please do!

Thanks so much Annie, I will message you x

"I've tried both professional and home types - though they are IPL (Impulse light) rather than true lasers.

"

Darn, I've got the dreaded combination of dark hair and dark skin....

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Thanks for the recommendation in this thread, I've been thinking about this, going to look up the Elos now x

» Add a new message to this topic