FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > How to be successful as a single guy?

How to be successful as a single guy?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've sent a few messages to single women or couples that have literally gone unread... I've heard they get so many that it's hard to read them all... So how do single guys get by on this site? Should I be posting more pictures, more regularly? Messaging more people? The only views I seem to get are from TV/TS or gay men, which are not my cup of tea. So I'll probably delete my account soon...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Patience is the key lol

Best to give up. Survival of the fittest. The competition is fierce, man up or drop out.

Alternatively you can abandon any standards and call every Grotbags 'stunning' and wade into that world.

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Not 'all' get endless messages, but I'd suggest maybe a few more words on your profile and come join in on the forums.

Tis true, patience is most definitely the key.

I definitely find i get more interest after engaging with the forums. That said a lot of ladies in here are just too far away which can be a pain.

Although I should point out that Ive had like two meets the whole time ive been on here

By *inchyorksMan  over a year ago

huddersfield

"I've sent a few messages to single women or couples that have literally gone unread... I've heard they get so many that it's hard to read them all... So how do single guys get by on this site? Should I be posting more pictures, more regularly? Messaging more people? The only views I seem to get are from TV/TS or gay men, which are not my cup of tea. So I'll probably delete my account soon..."

Just don't be a desperate dick, be polite, if someone deletes messages don't message again, read profiles and don't copy and paste messages.

Its like anything in life, you get out of it what you put into it.

"Patience is the key lol"

Preach

Perhaps get yourself to a few socials that are going on its a way to get yourself know

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm just myself and so am unique and so stand out and get chosen.

Just be yourself. Take no notice of advice offered here.

No such thing as patience. More luck at getting you're message read and timing etc.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

OP you've not asked for profile advice so I can't give any but generically well written profiles that reflect the owners personality, likes/dislikes and what they are looking for and can offer help - likewise a decent set of pics that aren't cock pics - getting involved in the forums is also a good way of getting known and getting to knowork people.

One word on the 'Who's Looked At You' thing - a lot of ladies look in stealth mode, so you'll never know they've looked

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

You don't necessarily know who has viewed your profile, because we have the ability to view profiles in stealth mode, and I use that all the time. For example, I've just looked at your profile, but I won't show up on your Looked@Me list.

I know a lot of people don't open messages, they to straight to the profile. So you need to be sure that your profile really reflects the best of you.

You're a good-looking lad, with a clear face pic, and no public dick pics. However, I would be looking for more 'words' in a profile, and for some people, dick pics are important. If you're willing to send dick pics on request, you could add a line to that effect to your profile.

After that, it's a case of getting yourself known. You're not too far from Manchester, which is a swinging hub of the north. There are huge socials at least twice a year (details in the Forums) where you can meet lots of people in a no-pressure situation. And there are approaching a dozen swingers clubs (details in Fab's Clubs section), where you can get to know people and possibly get laid, at the same time

Using the Forums more and using Fab's chat rooms are ways of making sure your name is known to a lot of people. Just don't expect speedy results.

Your youth might also be a short-term problem, as a lot of people have a lower age-limit of 30. However, time will take care of that.

As someone else said above, you get out of swinging what you put it. Concentrate first on making lots of friends, and I'm sure you'll be able to progress things further with some of them, once that friendship-base has been built up.

Good luck!

By *drenaline rushMan  over a year ago

Burnley

When I first started off I just decided to go for it and go to some clubs that way you can meet people show them your the real deal and get verified

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"How to be successful as a single guy?" Good question.

My tip for the day is for single guys to accept that, on Fab at least, sitting and expecting women to come to you won't happen.

At least not without a decent profile and something in it to entice women. We have a 'what's in it for me' button too

By *Ollyinone.Man  over a year ago

Warwickshire

Don't give up! Experiment and find what works for you, you're only gonna ever appeal to the people you'll appeal too so tailor the profile for them. Forums and chat can work well to meet people but socials would be the main one if your near manchester

Be rich and the girls will chase you, it's true, like any mammals, they want the best for thier offspring therefore they are biologically designed to fancy money because money is security, like me I fancy money only because I'm biologically designed to want to raise a family and money equally a safe family

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Be rich and the girls will chase you"

Some might, most won't

That key word patience. Good luck

"Be rich and the girls will chase you

Some might, most won't "

other way round

lie through your arse - charm the pants of a few ladies and remember to keep the stories matching - get people to cover up for you and be very convincing - works for some apparently

"lie through your arse - charm the pants of a few ladies and remember to keep the stories matching - get people to cover up for you and be very convincing - works for some apparently"
Classic con man trick

You haven't done too bad OP, 1 veri after 3 months is ok as others have said socials are the way ahead, I went to one last Friday and met loads of nice couples and singles, patience and not being pushy is key too

I'm pretty close to you OP.

I agree with all the above - apart from the money one, what's that got to do with swinging??

The north west is full of clubs and socials.

Use them to get to know people and mingle. Look at it like you're at a party. If you sit in the sidelines, you'll be waiting a while for someone to come over and say hi

I do tend to read profiles a LOT. The more they have to say the better, as long as it's positive and has a bit of humour

Good luck. Like life, you get out of it what you put into it

Yes, met one couple on here, but not much luck in general. So I was thinking about attending a club like Liberations on my own - any tips? Do single guys approach couples or wait to be approached when in a club?

If your average bloke theirs no magic trick you can act like a dick and get meets and act like a sweetheart and get meets and do both and get none it's just a lottery

As people have suggested about you need plenty of patients, just be your self and message honestly engaging with what they have put in thier profile.

Get on the forums too and just enjoy engaging with people here and you never know what can spark up a conversation

"Best to give up. Survival of the fittest. The competition is fierce, man up or drop out.

Alternatively you can abandon any standards and call every Grotbags 'stunning' and wade into that world. "

That last comment had me laughing out loud!!

"Yes, met one couple on here, but not much luck in general. So I was thinking about attending a club like Liberations on my own - any tips? Do single guys approach couples or wait to be approached when in a club? "

Went to a club as a couple for the first time Friday night.

I started to feel sorry for some of the single guy's as it must be difficult to know what is the correct " code of conduct ".

However it soon became rather creepy with some of them pacing up and down like a pack of wolves.

I've been advised NOT to feel sorry for them and my understanding is people will approach you if they are interested.

Best bet sit at the bar, have patience and wait for an invite.

"Best to give up. Survival of the fittest. The competition is fierce, man up or drop out.

Alternatively you can abandon any standards and call every Grotbags 'stunning' and wade into that world. "

No!! Stunning is a word that pops up in my messages....god now I know it really means Grotbag

"Yes, met one couple on here, but not much luck in general. So I was thinking about attending a club like Liberations on my own - any tips? Do single guys approach couples or wait to be approached when in a club?

Went to a club as a couple for the first time Friday night.

I started to feel sorry for some of the single guy's as it must be difficult to know what is the correct " code of conduct ".

However it soon became rather creepy with some of them pacing up and down like a pack of wolves.

I've been advised NOT to feel sorry for them and my understanding is people will approach you if they are interested.

Best bet sit at the bar, have patience and wait for an invite. "

I just talk to whoever is near me, definitely don't chase anyone it just looks desperate, but I will have a look in the playrooms and see if I get the infamous wave over

Alternatively you can abandon any standards and call every Grotbags 'stunning' and wade into that world.

No!! Stunning is a word that pops up in my messages....god now I know it really means Grotbag "

I think in your case it means stunning female dog that I want to myself

No!! Stunning is a word that pops up in my messages....god now I know it really means Grotbag "

Sorry! Sounded a bit blunt, but I've read verifications of some ladies which would have you believe that they're modern day Helen of Troys, then seeing them at socials or clubs it's pretty clear as lovely as they may be, they're definitely not stunning in the conventional sense of the word. In fact in no sense of the word.

No!! Stunning is a word that pops up in my messages....god now I know it really means Grotbag

Sorry! Sounded a bit blunt, but I've read verifications of some ladies which would have you believe that they're modern day Helen of Troys, then seeing them at socials or clubs it's pretty clear as lovely as they may be, they're definitely not stunning in the conventional sense of the word. In fact in no sense of the word. "

My G

"I've sent a few messages to single women or couples that have literally gone unread... I've heard they get so many that it's hard to read them all... So how do single guys get by on this site? Should I be posting more pictures, more regularly? Messaging more people? The only views I seem to get are from TV/TS or gay men, which are not my cup of tea. So I'll probably delete my account soon..."

Probably just down to personality and how that comes across in profile, messages etc..

By *easing_twoCouple  over a year ago

Bristol, Thornbury

For us your message needs to match what we are looking for in our profile. If you send personal messages to each person you stand a better chance than most. We have been here a long time and can notice copy and paste messages a mile off.

And then we would look at your profile from there. I hope this helps

Show your personality off in the forums and on your profile

Don't copy and paste messages and don't bombard with dick pics

Be respectful and patient with people and sometimes it helps to be realistic with expectations with fab. You're not going to be everyone's cup of tea and not everyone will be yours. People want different things out of fab and there may not always be a crossover of wants

Fab is sometimes like buses, nothing for ages and then two people messaging you at once. A message or a wink doesn't always mean you'll meet though.

Have good photos and keep posting photos

Try a club or a social event to make new contacts

I've learned that you get out what you put in. Stick with it and good luck.

» Add a new message to this topic