FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Trust in others

Trust in others

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rive_me_crazy OP   Woman  over a year ago

Calne

I've just had a user suggest a mutual friend has shared my face pic with him. This guy point blank refused to send a face pic, despite explaining why etc.

I'm mortified that someone could have broken my trust, but I've now been blocked so have no way of verifying if it's true or not.

Freaking out a little as I'd never share any pics with anyone. Why would anyone do it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had this happen to me from a man I had met a few times. It broke the small amount of trust that I had with him and never met him again.

Unfortunately it isn't something you can control, once you've sent your face picture to someone, they have it.

Thankfully, most people on here I've met and chatted to are discrete.

I wouldn't worry yourself about it.

Calne

I only share a face pic with someone I have every intent of meeting, and certainly never include it within a first message.

Just really freaked out about who I can/should trust now

"I only share a face pic with someone I have every intent of meeting, and certainly never include it within a first message.

"

I know how you feel, I trust no one, but I go off my own judgement and gut instinct when chatting with people, and go from there.

"I only share a face pic with someone I have every intent of meeting, and certainly never include it within a first message.

"

You can only go with your gutt feelings about people here ... Some are not real and in there head wish to meet but cant as married or girl-friend and this is all a dream meeting people for real here .. He maybe is wanking over your pic thinking he could have meet you.

Your face pic looks stunning thanks for showing it true fabber

We would never share anybody else's pictures it's just a no no for us

Calne

"Your face pic looks stunning thanks for showing it true fabber "

I genuinely hope I should respond with haha, but that's the danger of the written word with no inflection :S

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

We've had this happen before. Some people, unfortunately just lack discretion.

Someone on our friends list, who we'd met numberous times, logged into Fab while at a party and was showing others ours (and other people's) friends only pics, which contained clear face photos.

We only found out as some of our other friends were there. When we asked the person afterwards, if it was true. They were shocked that we were bothered by it and couldn't understand why we were pissed off!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's not 100% foolproof but are you aware that you can choose to auto delete any photo you attach to a message within several hours of it being read (not sure if you need to be a site supporter). Failing that if you delete the picture from your gallery it removes it from the recipient too.

"It's not 100% foolproof but are you aware that you can choose to auto delete any photo you attach to a message within several hours of it being read (not sure if you need to be a site supporter). Failing that if you delete the picture from your gallery it removes it from the recipient too."

By which time they could of done a screen shot a hundred times over. Perhaps that's a new feature the site could do, automatically delete within 5 seconds of opening the photo.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It's not 100% foolproof but are you aware that you can choose to auto delete any photo you attach to a message within several hours of it being read (not sure if you need to be a site supporter). Failing that if you delete the picture from your gallery it removes it from the recipient too.

By which time they could of done a screen shot a hundred times over. Perhaps that's a new feature the site could do, automatically delete within 5 seconds of opening the photo."

Yes, that's why I said it's not 100% foolproof.

A rule in life, "Only trust yourself".

A rule on FabSwingers, "NEVER send a face pic", if they want to see what you look like, then they would attend a social with you.

Some people are just idiots it just makes it easier for the genuine ones

"It's not 100% foolproof but are you aware that you can choose to auto delete any photo you attach to a message within several hours of it being read (not sure if you need to be a site supporter). Failing that if you delete the picture from your gallery it removes it from the recipient too.

By which time they could of done a screen shot a hundred times over. Perhaps that's a new feature the site could do, automatically delete within 5 seconds of opening the photo."

The only thing wrong with that is you've always got to give the recipient time to view it. And in which time like you said they can screen shot it or download it...maybe the site could do something on the download side but it's always going to be fallible

"A rule in life, "Only trust yourself".

A rule on FabSwingers, "NEVER send a face pic", if they want to see what you look like, then they would attend a social with you."

I wouldn't ever meet anyone without seeing a face picture. I need to know there is a physical attraction as well as personality. For me I have to like the whole package before I will agree to a meet.

A rule on FabSwingers, "NEVER send a face pic", if they want to see what you look like, then they would attend a social with you."

we wouldn't have a social with any one without a face pic beforehand. why waste your own time if you're not even vaguely attracted to them?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

How would you recognise each other and how would you know they hadn't walked into the venue, spotted you and decided it was a no and walked out again?

People do meet blind but it's not something we would do.

In general I think you need to have a bit of trust that someone won't go hawking your face picture...or indeed any of your friends only pictures round to others. However the number of threads men put up wanting to show pictures of their partners makes me realise that some will have scant regard for a relative strangers privacy.

» Add a new message to this topic