FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Irony of preferences

Irony of preferences

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

People on here make me laugh with the endless prejudice preferences, I understand that we like what we like but to me the idea of these kina sites would be to broaden the horizons and go for people you wouldnt necessarily go for usually, what do you think....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"People on here make me laugh with the endless prejudice preferences, I understand that we like what we like but to me the idea of these kina sites would be to broaden the horizons and go for people you wouldnt necessarily go for usually, what do you think...."

Presumably you are actually bemoaning the women who's preferences exclude you? Or would you shag anyone in order to broaden your horizons?

we dont list them -

I think it's possible to broaden your sexual horizon within your preferred type.

It would seem that way but im not its jus somethin I thought tbh because there enough profiles that wouldnt exclude me so thats no problem

"I think it's possible to broaden your sexual horizon within your preferred type. "

yeah no disputin that I just mean generally tbh ofcourse if youre familiar with that u will stick with what you know

"People on here make me laugh with the endless prejudice preferences, I understand that we like what we like but to me the idea of these kina sites would be to broaden the horizons and go for people you wouldnt necessarily go for usually, what do you think...."

So given you are looking for women who "take pride in what they look like" you're using this site to broaden your horrizons by looking for horrible messes with no sense of hygiene?

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"I think it's possible to broaden your sexual horizon within your preferred type. "

Have you ever considered shagging men? Your profile says you're straight - doesn't seem like you're willing to broaden your own horizons very much.

I used to meet a wider variety of people but found many were rubish meets so now we only meet guys who fit our preferences. It's meant to be fun surely ?

Some of us have preferences because we are doing exactly that....broadening our horizons and looking for something a bit different.

I wouldn't enjoy myself if I tried to have sex with someone who I wasn't attracted to. My horizons are pretty broad where preferences are concerned but there are millions of men I'm not attracted to. Broadening my horizons isn't giving someone I don't find attractive "a chance".

"Some of us have preferences because we are doing exactly that....broadening our horizons and looking for something a bit different."

Still not into women?

"People on here make me laugh with the endless prejudice preferences, I understand that we like what we like but to me the idea of these kina sites would be to broaden the horizons and go for people you wouldnt necessarily go for usually, what do you think....

Have you ever considered shagging men? Your profile says you're straight - doesn't seem like you're willing to broaden your own horizons very much."

I'm very narrow minded. I prefer them to shag me..... Having said that there have been a few occasions ....

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think you're wrong.

Your post is a bit ironic. Bemoaning the way people use the site because they don't use it in the same way you do but saying you use it to broaden your horizons

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I think it's ironic to bleat that others should broaden their horizons and to then have your own age range set 18-64 !! Lol!! So it's a case of don't do as I do ,just do as I say .

Really seems you are just pissed that those other peoples preferences just don't suit you.

People I'm sure will up date their profile as and when their own preferences change . If it excludes you then that's just tough and plenty more profiles that don't .why waste your energy on something you have zero control over .

By *adyboy-DaddyCouple  over a year ago

Andover

You've kinda lined yourself a little bit OP.

Your straight.

And the word straight suits that particular sexual preclusion. No deviation, no sidelines, no straying from the confines. And fair enough.

But we are no more attracted to 70yr exceptionally overweight women )no offence to any reading!) than you are to men.

The irony of your irony is ironic.

It's not being prejudice to have preferences.

My preferences 'type' wise has changed over the years but regardless of that everyone I've met have had one thing in common ~ I fancy them ~ that's one preference that ain't ever going to change!

"The irony of your irony is ironic. "

This

"The irony of your irony is ironic. "

This

I'd much rather broaden my horizons with someone who is sexually appealing to me than with someone who isn't ...

And I would hope they felt the same

By *lymcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Devon

Nothing ironic about the OP....its just ignorant. This is a swinging site. Not a fetish site, Not a dating site.

Swinging as in wiki (Swinging, also known as wife swapping or partner swapping, is a non-monogamous behavior in which both singles and partners in a committed relationship engage in sexual activities with others as a recreational or social activity.)

So expecting any more then swinging means your in the wrong place.

I am way past 'broadening my horizons', i did that many many years ago. Now all i/we are interested in doing is the things we like best so we stick to them rather than doing things we don't enjoy

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I fancy a sing song now ..

It's like rainnnnnn on your wedding day.

A freeeee ride when you already paid .

It's good advice that you just can't take

Who would of thought,it figures!!!

"I fancy a sing song now ..

It's like rainnnnnn on your wedding day.

A freeeee ride when you already paid .

It's good advice that you just can't take

Who would of thought,it figures!!!"

that song has no irony in it whatsoever!

rain on your wedding day is sods law

a free ride? hmmmm you might as well have stayed on the bus IMO...

as for taking good advice, who knows if its any good prior to taking it?

Lmaoo im fully straight I didnt mean broaden them by switchin gender preference I just mean bein open to givin someone you wouldnt usually a chance. Lol nothin to do with abondonin morals, hygiene goes without sayin btw, come on now people lol

"Lmaoo im fully straight I didnt mean broaden them by switchin gender preference I just mean bein open to givin someone you wouldnt usually a chance. Lol nothin to do with abondonin morals, hygiene goes without sayin btw, come on now people lol"

But you are asking others to change their preferences so why dont you alter yours and try something different too ? You have to lead by example surely ?

"Lmaoo im fully straight I didnt mean broaden them by switchin gender preference I just mean bein open to givin someone you wouldnt usually a chance. Lol nothin to do with abondonin morals, hygiene goes without sayin btw, come on now people lol"

Yeah but, why not broaden your horizons beyond being straight? I mean isn't that what we are here for? To broaden your horizons? Maybe you might enjoy sex with another man? How do you know until you've tried it?

Maybe I should of put no homo or something like that because thats not how I mean it so forget all that, im sayin for example goin for someone out of your age range things like that,

"Lmaoo im fully straight I didnt mean broaden them by switchin gender preference I just mean bein open to givin someone you wouldnt usually a chance. Lol nothin to do with abondonin morals, hygiene goes without sayin btw, come on now people lol

But you are asking others to change their preferences so why dont you alter yours and try something different too ? You have to lead by example surely ?"

im not askin others to do anythin I was just interested in the debate and real opinions tbh

I think you'll do well here !!!

I think you should broaden your horizons too !

I am broadening my horizons. I've always been told that like attracts like so I've always had low standereds untill I joined fab n realised I could pull the type of man I atually want instead of settling for second best. Xxx

"Lmaoo im fully straight I didnt mean broaden them by switchin gender preference I just mean bein open to givin someone you wouldnt usually a chance. Lol nothin to do with abondonin morals, hygiene goes without sayin btw, come on now people lol

But you are asking others to change their preferences so why dont you alter yours and try something different too ? You have to lead by example surely ?

im not askin others to do anythin I was just interested in the debate and real opinions tbh"

To me this is all about getting sexual grafication from people I'm attracted to. I'm not about to go for someone I consider unattractive just to give it a go! This is a swinging site there's nothing that says if you sign up you have to step outside of your comfort zone.

"People on here make me laugh with the endless prejudice preferences, I understand that we like what we like but to me the idea of these kina sites would be to broaden the horizons and go for people you wouldnt necessarily go for usually, what do you think....

I am broadening my horizons. I've always been told that like attracts like so I've always had low standereds untill I joined fab n realised I could pull the type of man I atually want instead of settling for second best. Xxx"

You see thats a positive outcome lol everyone jumped straight to the negative an its worked out beneficially to you so I like that post babe lol

im not askin others to do anythin I was just interested in the debate and real opinions tbh

To me this is all about getting sexual grafication from people I'm attracted to. I'm not about to go for someone I consider unattractive just to give it a go! This is a swinging site there's nothing that says if you sign up you have to step outside of your comfort zone. "

yeah i fully understand that of course you aynt gonna down grade, but why does it automatically mean your goin for someone ugly or unhygienic etc, it can easily be someone nice you just wouldnt have came across due to preferences you get what I mean.. thats all I mean by it lol

"Maybe I should of put no homo or something like that because thats not how I mean it so forget all that, im sayin for example goin for someone out of your age range things like that, "

Homo? Really? I haven't heard that word since society became rather more liberated. You know, back in the 80's.

I am experienced enough in life and sexual experiences to know what I like. I imagine that my sexual boundaries are somewhat wider than yours, too.

I am open minded but know what I like and what I dislike.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm really picky about who I have sex with. I'm not having sex with any person who fails my preferences test.

Who said anything about abandoning morals?

"Maybe I should of put no homo or something like that because thats not how I mean it so forget all that, im sayin for example goin for someone out of your age range things like that, "

Yeah, but what's the difference between 'no homo' and 'no beanie wearers'? I mean, both are a preference, right?

How do you know that people aren't venturing outside their usual preferences? I do.

Yeah good try but no homo gets used regularly tbh but im not tryin to offend anyone lol.. and yeah technicals wont work because sexual orientation isnt a preference youre jus contradictin the whole choice to be gay argument with that one lol

"How do you know that people aren't venturing outside their usual preferences? I do. "

lol im not sayin I know i jus want peoples opnions an to hear what they think, im glad you do you can get me in if im outside your preferences :p

"How do you know that people aren't venturing outside their usual preferences? I do. "

We venture outside our preferences all the time and it's all good

"Yeah good try but no homo gets used regularly tbh but im not tryin to offend anyone lol.. and yeah technicals wont work because sexual orientation isnt a preference youre jus contradictin the whole choice to be gay argument with that one lol"

I syuspect if homo is a term that gets used regularly that says more about you and your peer group than anything else

"How do you know that people aren't venturing outside their usual preferences? I do.

lol im not sayin I know i jus want peoples opnions an to hear what they think, im glad you do you can get me in if im outside your preferences :p "

Your opening post effectively said people on these sorts of sites make you laugh because they have preferences and stick to them.

It was assumptive and judgemental. And the part asking what others think came across as purely rhetorical

Abbreviation, thats all I gotta say on that one. Next topic I will make entirely clear just so theres no breakdown in communications lool

Brighton - even Hove!

"Abbreviation, thats all I gotta say on that one. Next topic I will make entirely clear just so theres no breakdown in communications lool"

You can't really shorten 'bi' any more as saying 'I don't have sex with bees' sounds a bit odd. Insectilia

"Abbreviation, thats all I gotta say on that one. Next topic I will make entirely clear just so theres no breakdown in communications lool"

There is no breakdown in communications. There might be a breakdown in open mindedness and toleration. Who knows? Words, though, are important and can offend.

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"I'm really picky about who I have sex with. I'm not having sex with any person who fails my preferences test. "

I can pretend to like Star Wars if it helps?

Personally I have already tried a range ...well before this site was invented.

I now know what I like (that's what a preference is...no shit Sherlock!). And so I will stick to them thanks. I don't publish my preferences...but I do say no thanks sometimes. That's my prerogative!

"I wouldn't enjoy myself if I tried to have sex with someone who I wasn't attracted to. My horizons are pretty broad where preferences are concerned but there are millions of men I'm not attracted to. Broadening my horizons isn't giving someone I don't find attractive "a chance". "

This

Remember its my opinion people nowhere in the original post do i ask, tell, suggest anyone do anythin its what I think an im askin what you guys think

"Remember its my opinion people nowhere in the original post do i ask, tell, suggest anyone do anythin its what I think an im askin what you guys think "

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

When a thread backfires #2746

I honestly haven't heard the word homo for least 20 years.

"When a thread backfires #2746

I honestly haven't heard the word homo for least 20 years."

lmaooooo thanks for that

"Remember its my opinion people nowhere in the original post do i ask, tell, suggest anyone do anythin its what I think an im askin what you guys think "

I think that more men should have sex with men. It's totally closed-minded not to.

Erm ... So it is what you think. Then it is your opinion. It isn't mine. I don't like sticking my balls in a vice. I know that (well, not that I've tried). I don't need to explore my boundaries beyond what I know I like. I know the people I like.

I honestly haven't heard the word homo for least 20 years."

How has it backfired? The OP has been very good natured. He was just asking a question.

Brighton - even Hove!

"I'm really picky about who I have sex with. I'm not having sex with any person who fails my preferences test.

I can pretend to like Star Wars if it helps? "

I like you two because you're both interesting and witty. Easy to chat to as well but live an hour and a minute away so outside my 1 hour boundary preference

How has it backfired? The OP has been very good natured. He was just asking a question.

"

I've had threads backfire far more spectalularly. xxx

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

Getting people's sexual preferences and 'prejudice' mixed up Oh dear.

Brighton - even Hove!

"I'm really picky about who I have sex with. I'm not having sex with any person who fails my preferences test.

I like you two because you're both interesting and witty. Easy to chat to as well but live an hour and a minute away so outside my 1 hour boundary preference "

I'll drive faster

I am broadening my horizons. I've always been told that like attracts like so I've always had low standereds untill I joined fab n realised I could pull the type of man I atually want instead of settling for second best. Xxx

You see thats a positive outcome lol everyone jumped straight to the negative an its worked out beneficially to you so I like that post babe lol"

xxx

By *kin BohnerMan  over a year ago

derby

I'm afraid if I don't find the person atractive mentally as well as physically it's not happening. I don't go along with the any port in a storm kind of thinking.

"

Me too. x

"

nice one scarlet you see how I mean lol

I don't put preferences on my profile, my first priority is a mental connection, if I can maintain an entertaining message conversation every day for a week then I think meeting in person will be the same, conversation flows, you have a laugh and quality playtime follows.

Nope, i'm not shagging no toy boy no matter what site I'm on

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Is being broad minded considered to be a good thing?

I'm sure broadminded would encompass a whole load of illegal activities.

As for this site, it has nothing to do with being broad minded. So it's a bit of a strawman argument.

For us this site is about swinging maybe we joined the wrong site.

"Remember its my opinion people nowhere in the original post do i ask, tell, suggest anyone do anythin its what I think an im askin what you guys think

I think that more men should have sex with men. It's totally closed-minded not to."

I kind of agree, I met a couple with a bi man, he gave me oral, it did nothing for me but also wasn't a horrible experience, I now advertise myself as straight, I tried it and made a choice it wasn't for me

Yeah I wouldnt say its back fired tbh because I wanted the debate an its not like iv gone donald trump offensive like come on people lol

I like you two because you're both interesting and witty. Easy to chat to as well but live an hour and a minute away so outside my 1 hour boundary preference

I'll drive faster "

Me too. x"

So have we

Brighton - even Hove!

Me too. x

So have we "

Haha! Yes!

Brighton - even Hove!

Op, you're doing well not to get too defensive and stressy. Just roll with the the flow

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

Personally, we use this site to pursue and act out our fantasies...

Can't really do that with someone we're not attracted to.

"Personally, we use this site to pursue and act out our fantasies...

Can't really do that with someone we're not attracted to."

Totally depends on your fantasies though .....

We have loads of fantasies which don't necessarily involve those we find particularly attractive

By *ife adventurerMan  over a year ago

North Essex

"It's not being prejudice to have preferences.

My preferences 'type' wise has changed over the years but regardless of that everyone I've met have had one thing in common ~ I fancy them ~ that's one preference that ain't ever going to change!"

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

We have loads of fantasies which don't necessarily involve those we find particularly attractive "

Well yeah, if blindfolded it doesn't really matter.

We have loads of fantasies which don't necessarily involve those we find particularly attractive

Well yeah, if blindfolded it doesn't really matter. "

"Yeah good try but no homo gets used regularly tbh but im not tryin to offend anyone lol.. and yeah technicals wont work because sexual orientation isnt a preference youre jus contradictin the whole choice to be gay argument with that one lol"

Since when did people choose top be gay. You are losing points every time you speak.

"Yeah good try but no homo gets used regularly tbh but im not tryin to offend anyone lol.. and yeah technicals wont work because sexual orientation isnt a preference youre jus contradictin the whole choice to be gay argument with that one lol

Since when did people choose top be gay. You are losing points every time you speak."

if you read the preceeding message maybe you would understand the context, go back and review mate lol

"Yeah good try but no homo gets used regularly tbh but im not tryin to offend anyone lol.. and yeah technicals wont work because sexual orientation isnt a preference youre jus contradictin the whole choice to be gay argument with that one lol

Since when did people choose top be gay. You are losing points every time you speak."

2 for the blunder btw

» Add a new message to this topic