FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Unread messages

Unread messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mithydy OP   Man  over a year ago

Douglas

Anyone else got problems with sent messages not being read by people you've contacted. They come on and off line and still they sit there unread, I don't think they can see they've got a message.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

"Anyone else got problems with sent messages not being read by people you've contacted. They come on and off line and still they sit there unread, I don't think they can see they've got a message. "

If you just delete them, then you won't know if they've read them or not. Why would you be trying to control when people read the messages you've sent? If they do they will do in their own time and if they dont, they don't.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My advice don't watch your sent box, watch your inbox then it won't matter

There are numerous reasons why messages aren't looked at, time, number of messages and the biggest for me, we read all profiles before the messages so if they have no public pics, or the text isn't good etc I wouldn't bother reading the message at all.

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

"Anyone else got problems with sent messages not being read by people you've contacted. They come on and off line and still they sit there unread, I don't think they can see they've got a message. "
They can see them op but for their own reasons are not opening or answering. I've a lot of unread messages I'll delete when I'm ready to do so. Delete your sent messages and concentrate on your inbox.

Perhaps they've chosen not to read it yet and if they've 100's of new messages, I'm afraid you'll have to wait

Hi some do read them, then they click the un read button.

Don't stress over it, look at you inbox as peeps say. Happy fabbing.

"My advice don't watch your sent box, watch your inbox then it won't matter

There are numerous reasons why messages aren't looked at, time, number of messages and the biggest for me, we read all profiles before the messages so if they have no public pics, or the text isn't good etc I wouldn't bother reading the message at all."

Same here. We have 72 unread messages. I've read their profiles and non of them know the difference between no, now and know or there, their and they're. How can I expect them to KNOW the difference between a pussy and a prick?

"My advice don't watch your sent box, watch your inbox then it won't matter

There are numerous reasons why messages aren't looked at, time, number of messages and the biggest for me, we read all profiles before the messages so if they have no public pics, or the text isn't good etc I wouldn't bother reading the message at all.

Same here. We have 72 unread messages. I've read their profiles and non of them know the difference between no, now and know or there, their and they're. How can I expect them to KNOW the difference between a pussy and a prick? "

Don't forget your and you're

Our messages from new people go unread until my husband reads them. In the mean time I may be on Fab several times but not open the message.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

It's not a problem though, is it. Some check out the profile of the sender before opening it.

Joe sorts the messages and may only do so once or twice a week. I will only open if it catches my eye.

I'm often reading the forums but not looking at messages etc.

By *rinceCorwinMan  over a year ago

Manchester

My current favourite is use and yous.

Or some people read the message, then mark it as "Unread". Personally, I would prefer it if they either just deleted my message outright, or read it and left it unread.

"Or some people read the message, then mark it as "Unread". Personally, I would prefer it if they either just deleted my message outright, or read it and left it unread."

I don't always have time to give the message the reply it deserves in some cases if it's one of these then I will read it and mark it unread to answer later where as others I will read/delete straight away at the end of the day it's up to the receiver to manage their in box as they see fit.

I personally delete all my sent messages and it's up to them if they want to reply or not have better things to do than worry if someone has read my message.

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

"Anyone else got problems with sent messages not being read by people you've contacted. They come on and off line and still they sit there unread, I don't think they can see they've got a message. They can see them op but for their own reasons are not opening or answering. I've a lot of unread messages I'll delete when I'm ready to do so. Delete your sent messages and concentrate on your inbox. "

Yeah. This unfortunately. I have a few people I swap messages with, but sometimes even they don't read them due to the massive number of messages women get. PLUS the fact that Fab has a severely limited number of messages an inbox can actively hold for scanning through.

This HAS to be the next improvement to the site as communication is kind of key, and it must get frustrating if a person has to spend hours sifting through if they happen to want to find messages from people they've already spoken with.

With this in mind I reckon some kind of colour coding, or other system, for messages from people you've already exchanged numerous messages with would be really helpful for all??

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

I sometimes read them through other opened messages,you can do this as a site supporter .It is one of reasons i like it,if a message of ours is unread i presume either lack of interest or if couple maybe waiting for both to see it.Miss

By *BWandhusbandCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

We're a couple. Sometimes hubby is on and won't bother reading messages, leaving them for me to look through them later. Other times we just can't be bothered replying to people that don't bother reading our profile, so the messages sit there for a few days.

We delete some without reading them if they are of the single line variety or if they're from people who haven't bothered to read our profile.

I must say, it is quite disheartening when you have actually taken the time to read a profile properly, composing and writing a nice friendly message instead of the "Hi bbz, I wanna ruin ur puzzy" that 99% of ladies seem to get, only to find it sits there unread for weeks until it drops off the bottom of your sent message list, or to have it deleted, unread.

» Add a new message to this topic