FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Anybody On Hiatus?

Anybody On Hiatus?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *woOfaKind OP   Couple  over a year ago

Lancaster area

Hello all!

So...my wife and I are currently taking a break from the Lifestyle.

We have been Swingers for a little over 3 years, but lately, we have taken a break. Basically, we just weren't meeting anybody that was ringing our bell, so to speak. In general, she was never attracted to the male, and there seemed to be zero chemistry with all of us. Don't get me wrong....we met several nice couples, but there just wasn't any spark. Eventually, she expressed to me that she felt she was done. About a month and a half later, I was right there with her. We seemed to put a lot of work into conversing with people, but with little to no gain.

As of now, we aren't ruling anything out, but we both agree that it will take a very special couple to get us interested again.

Anybody else feel similar?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

we dont meet loads just because of our real life - so we do tend to chat for longer and have brilliant meets when they happen - our profile says as much

We aren't into the cyber thing and, for us, chatting on here comes under that category.

If others aren't willing to meet at a club, or social meet, then we don't take it any further.

I guess, for us, that is maybe why we have not become jaded with the scene yet.

I am, I'm sure I'll be back at some point but there's no rush. After 8+ years on the scene a prolonged and selfimposed break is quite refreshing.

We have never looked for a major connection or chemistry from a meet . We don't need it for us to have the fun we seek . So no we aren't in the same position as the op,

Either the place and scene gets to you or life takes up that time so always good to get out before boredom makes you a nuisance.

By *estmidscoupleCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

"Either the place and scene gets to you or life takes up that time so always good to get out before boredom makes you a nuisance.

"

Sometimes if we have a big meet or a period of activity we'll hide profile for a week or 2. which usually elicits loads of "why have you hidden your profile" messages, nice to have the option though

Yeah I can identify with how you feel at times OP. Takes a lot to spark my interest and then to keep it.

Having a break works for me

"Either the place and scene gets to you or life takes up that time so always good to get out before boredom makes you a nuisance.

Sometimes if we have a big meet or a period of activity we'll hide profile for a week or 2. which usually elicits loads of "why have you hidden your profile" messages, nice to have the option though"

I agree there but polar opposite no meets or activity its best to just go away and try again later lol

Its a shame though because i do make friends enjoy forums etc, then i read constant moans on updates, same rejections and let downs it gets very boring and jaded.

Better to have laughed and left then not have shagged at all

Lancaster area

There was a pretty major turning point for the both of us that set our Hiatus into motion:

There was a couple that we had seen a few times that seemed like there was potential with. One night we were with them at their house. We were all just drinking, casually chatting, and doing a bit of karaoke. All of that eventually led to a bit of making out and petting. The next thing you know, the female got a text message from the male of another couple they had been chatting with. She informed me that her and I had to stop because this Dom guy didn't want her touching any other guy! That was pretty off putting.

Then, a little later, the male took a phone call from the female of that couple. He just left my wife hanging to go attend to this call, and explained that they really liked this other couple a lot, and he enjoyed 'the challenge' of it all. Needless to say, I thought that was quite rude, but I didn't express it.

I would have rather he lied and said it was about work or something. I didn't have a problem with them seeing other couples, but I did have a problem with them putting the other couple ahead of us WHILE we were with them! Haha!

As I said, this was not the end for us, but it steered us in that direction.

By *epper123Woman  over a year ago

London

"Hello all!

So...my wife and I are currently taking a break from the Lifestyle.

We have been Swingers for a little over 3 years, but lately, we have taken a break. Basically, we just weren't meeting anybody that was ringing our bell, so to speak. In general, she was never attracted to the male, and there seemed to be zero chemistry with all of us. Don't get me wrong....we met several nice couples, but there just wasn't any spark. Eventually, she expressed to me that she felt she was done. About a month and a half later, I was right there with her. We seemed to put a lot of work into conversing with people, but with little to no gain.

As of now, we aren't ruling anything out, but we both agree that it will take a very special couple to get us interested again.

Anybody else feel similar?"

I am finding more and more that I don't get anything that interest me sexually from the scene, all needs are met .... so I am on hiatus, yes. I do meet socially though, and chat.

Lancaster area

Yeah, I can relate to that. We usually enjoyed the social part of it.

We don't feel like we are missing out on anything. As I said, it just seemed like it became more and more 'work' than fun, so it was time to stop.

» Add a new message to this topic