FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Single men having to buy things

Single men having to buy things

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Chatting to a nice lad. He's 25 and not had a meet yet. He tells me he's getting people asking him to pay for things like rooms and play taxi for them.

Personally I don't like this, I think it's cheeky. That's my opinion, I know others will say different.

What kind of things have people asked you to do in order to get a meet?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

I've been told since I don't accommodate it's down to me to pay for a hotel.

I told him he was blocked

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Oooh, what freebies can we ask for?

When I was in a couple on here, we always stayed the night at the hotel, so we paid. Guys are having to travel, I think that's enough.

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"Chatting to a nice lad. He's 25 and not had a meet yet. He tells me he's getting people asking him to pay for things like rooms and play taxi for them.

Personally I don't like this, I think it's cheeky. That's my opinion, I know others will say different.

What kind of things have people asked you to do in order to get a meet?"

yeah it isn't ethically right but there will be people who will do it. I've seen posts asking for people to give lifts or pick up takeaway for them. It's an abuse of the power from some single ladies or couples because they know some men are desperate enough that they will do it in the hope of getting a shag.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Should be half in my opinion, people will always try it on thinking that men are that desperate

I know guys who have been asked to buy expensive underwear and pay the full price for hotels.

I _iew it as a form of prostitution whatever their excuse is for asking. NSA sex should be mutually enjoyable and the cost shared fairly.

"Should be half in my opinion, people will always try it on thinking that men are that desperate"

50/50 is fair

By *herealdeal90Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Girls are in demand, and some of them know this, they'll ask for pressies, money etc in order to meet. They ask cos they know men will do it

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

50/50 is fair for hotels etc but to ask for gifts is outrageous!

However if anyone fancies buying me a wand.....?!

"Girls are in demand, and some of them know this, they'll ask for pressies, money etc in order to meet. They ask cos they know men will do it "

Girls who do that are idiots and should be avoided like the plague.

"Chatting to a nice lad. He's 25 and not had a meet yet. He tells me he's getting people asking him to pay for things like rooms and play taxi for them.

I've had this so many times it's a right pain. I don't mind splitting a hotel 50/50 with a woman if we are both using it, I don't mind splitting a taxi fairly if we are both using it to get picked up - I don't mind buying a woman a coffee or something on a first social meet if my bank balance is healthy.

But the moment a woman is like "yeah pay for the hotel room and I'll meet you" or "pay for my taxi to come to your's" I tend to tell them it's not on. I've even had a few say if I take them shopping I might get a reward, and it's like sod off, that isn't how this works.

I've seen a profile near me which says "bring a couple of bottles of expensive Chablis, also most men bring a gift, deemed as being polite"

Deemed taking the piddle in my _iew

I agree, I'd expect expenses of the meet to be split equally but would never dream of asking for anything else that's just wrong. There's no harm in being bought a drink but even then I'd be offering to get the next round. If someone wants to treat the other party then that's one thing but for someone to expect it or ask for it is a definite no.

"I agree, I'd expect expenses of the meet to be split equally but would never dream of asking for anything else that's just wrong. There's no harm in being bought a drink but even then I'd be offering to get the next round. If someone wants to treat the other party then that's one thing but for someone to expect it or ask for it is a definite no."

Agreed the latter is completely rude and I always expect someone is just looking to save their pennies and not in a respectful way. Yes, if there is a cost to a meet it should be divided equally, and travel expenses should either be split if arranged and needed, or should be covered by the travelling party.

By *c-ukMan  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

Personally I would never let a woman pay for anything, maybe I'm fortunate to be in that position.. But no harm in going Dutch if needed or insisted upon..

"Personally I would never let a woman pay for anything, maybe I'm fortunate to be in that position.. But no harm in going Dutch if needed or insisted upon..

"

That's great if that's what makes you comfortable and if a guy did that for me I'd be very humbled and grateful. That's the difference though, I wouldn't expect it and you were choosing to do it, those two things are what make it ok. Those who demand and expect it, I'd be saying goodbye to!

I sometimes think that people asking single guys to pay for everything think that us single guys are so desparate for sex that they will jump at the chance to pay for taxis, hotels, gifts etc. My _iew is that if a guy is invited to someones house, then a small gift (bottle of wine or flowers) is nice. As I have my own house and can accomodate, I won't be paying for any hotel rooms.

By *c-ukMan  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

"Personally I would never let a woman pay for anything, maybe I'm fortunate to be in that position.. But no harm in going Dutch if needed or insisted upon..

That's great if that's what makes you comfortable and if a guy did that for me I'd be very humbled and grateful. That's the difference though, I wouldn't expect it and you were choosing to do it, those two things are what make it ok. Those who demand and expect it, I'd be saying goodbye to!"

I don't know I like to think of it a chivalrous and the right thing to do but its all a little immaterial as I never get a reply let alone a meet. Would be nice to have a friend to spoil but I'm certainly no mug and would avoid any of those overtly demanding it.

By *igSuki81Man  over a year ago

Retirement Village

"I've been told since I don't accommodate it's down to me to pay for a hotel.

I told him he was blocked "

Sorry but that made me giggle

Never had a strange demand really especially a monetary one. I think its about courtesy and not expecting someone to pay for you or put you up all night/weekend. Have paid for hotel rooms and not wanted or expected anything in return but then i've stayed with a FWB and paid for our meals out over the wkend even though she insisted

By *hocmanxMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I've only ever had one hotel meet. And she paid for everything because I was a student and she was in a much better financial position than me.

" ... It's an abuse of the power from some single ladies or couples because they know some men are desperate enough that they will do it in the hope of getting a shag."

"...Girls who do that are idiots and should be avoided like the plague. "

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Should be half in my opinion, people will always try it on thinking that men are that desperate"

Some are!

They post about travelling hundreds of miles in the middle of the night without an address just a town, where they're to phone for the postcode on arrival. Quelle surprise they turn up, phone, no response.

That kind of idiot will jump through any number of hoops if there's the slightest chance of a shag!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I've only ever had one hotel meet. And she paid for everything because I was a student and she was in a much better financial position than me. "

I wouldn't be doing that either. I prefer those who can pay their own way.

By *ipsxxCouple  over a year ago

Yeah 50/50 would be fair don't think we will find a suitable guy with tattoos for my wife

By *exylovingcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Uxbridge

We have a regular FB and we alternate who pays for the hotel, which seems fair. If we are planning a meet with someone new, we will stay in the hotel overnight and always pay for the room. Wouldn't seem fair that we ask someone to pay for a room and he is there only for a couple of hours and we are there overnight.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

people will only keep asking for stuff if others are willing to do it.....

so maybe the question is how much self respect are people willing to give up for the sake of a meet....

for me the answer is none....... but that isn't the answer for some and that is sad....

"I know guys who have been asked to buy expensive underwear and pay the full price for hotels.

I _iew it as a form of prostitution whatever their excuse is for asking. NSA sex should be mutually enjoyable and the cost shared fairly. "

By *lwaysdiscreetMan  over a year ago

Ashford Kent and Dartford

I have been ask to buy a pair for shoes at £150.

Even if charge £50 per hour

To even buying the weeks shopping.

So it goes on and on.

Strange website

No one has to buy anything for anyone.

I've been offered all sorts. Report and block them

Im in contact with a lady who left the site a while back. And everyday she was showing me pictures of her shopping list being paid for by bank transfer off mugs that will never meet her. Latest are a pair of shoes for £195

"I've only ever had one hotel meet. And she paid for everything because I was a student and she was in a much better financial position than me. "

I've paid for hotels for a regular partner. I could afford it,he couldn't. Nothing wrong with that and now I can't pay I have men offering to pay. Some live alone and prefer to accommodate in a hotel; they aren't paying me for sex or my time. They are providing accommodation.

By *otgirl32Woman  over a year ago

Ashton Under Lyne

There's an opposite side to this story. I have been offered "shopping" or "gifts" for meeting a bloke. Of course I politely refused. I agree, there should be no expectation for a man to be buying stuff (although a courtesy bottle of wine if he comes over or a box of chocolates is nice and sweet).

"No one has to buy anything for anyone. "

Simply, this

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

No one has to....

By *olden RatioWoman  over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

I knew this kind of thing happened, but had no idea it happened so much!! Turns out that every day really *is* a school day after all...

By *laqgrapeMan  over a year ago

Sanderstead

Well alot of single guys are desperate out there and "some"couples use this to their advantage which is rather unfortunate I have met one couple so far who I have the utmost respect for and couples are not my priority,as that"single guys don't mssg us we'll find you"puts me off as im not a desperate as my verifications can confirm,so I believe if hotel meets are agreed then the cost should be split right through the middle x

Chester/Wirral

Yeah obviously nobody has to, it just seems cruel to give false hope an expectation to desperate men who are willing to jump through hoops to possibly get sex. They are naive and stupid to do it though.

No this seems wrong! Fine if you want to pay then please do and engage the services of a professional. But on here its not about that.

A small token, possibly if you're that way inclined and it befits the situation but otherwise the only things to bring are a smile, can do attitude and perhaps a small selection of toys.

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

For a homeless woman, someone paying for a roof over her head, even for one night, must be Godsent. Other that that, who on Earth is desperate for a hotel room and why

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

it's a fuck, not a life changing event

"it's a fuck, not a life changing event"

You say that like the two cannot be the same?

By *LFB.Woman  over a year ago

Farnborough.

I recently had my first hotel meet, and offered to go halves as neither of us were staying the night, he wouldnt hear of it. But as for asking for gifts etc it seems so wrong, and something id never even dream of doing.

By *orthantsfun2013Man  over a year ago

poddington

I have been asked a few times to buy things for a meet its so wrong

Anybody thinks they can get anything out of me will be seriously disappointed. ...lol. . .

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"it's a fuck, not a life changing event"

Some fucks I've had were close

Chester/Wirral

"Anybody thinks they can get anything out of me will be seriously disappointed. ...lol. . . "

Its just prostitution If the cost is not shared.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I like balance in life, so it would seem fair to split effort/cost, as easily as possible. If I stay in a hotel all day/night and someone visits, I'd not dream of asking them to foot the bill.

Gifts are that, and thus not something that's requested.

Sanderstead

"Yeah obviously nobody has to, it just seems cruel to give false hope an expectation to desperate men who are willing to jump through hoops to possibly get sex. They are naive and stupid to do it though. "

By *icumsuckerMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Ive been asked to buy rather expensive bottles of scotch and the ladies favourite perfume!!

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"I have been ask to buy a pair for shoes at £150.

So it goes on and on.

Strange website "

Did you report them all?

Sanderstead

"Anybody thinks they can get anything out of me will be seriously disappointed. ...lol. . . "
hahaha nice one

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

I'm always propositioned with monetary offers and gifts. The best one was a weekend on a yacht on the Mediterranean. Hmmmm no thanks I can't swim!

Other was 1k per hour....hmmm no thanks I don't even get out of bed for less than 10k.

The person who wanted to organise should pay tbh. I don't mind contributing to the cost, but i wouldn't pay for all

By *awtynNiceCouple  over a year ago

Don't see why anyone should be expected to buy things or pay for anything in order to get a meet; if you need a hotel then going halves should be the done thing shourley. X

I was offered money last night to impregnate me , his selling point was he was experienced having done this seven times already .

Girls form an orderly queue if it's money you're after !

"Anybody thinks they can get anything out of me will be seriously disappointed. ...lol. . . hahaha nice one "

Would like to point out that I'm not tight... just have reduced cash flow for a couple of months. ...

By *reakShow90Man  over a year ago

Manchester/halifax

been asked to buy drinks all night or cigs not had any one ask about taxis or rooms but I ed just tell them no I might not of had a meet yet but ied never pay for it. Happy to go 50 50 on every thing that is fair or buy a round of drinks in but nothing more

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

One couple asked me to pay for a taxi from Blackpool to Cheshire and back,got an instant block.

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

Haven't been asked to pay for anything but was told we'd get a meet if I shaved my goatee off.

"Ok, I'll shave my goatee if you lose a stone"

Then the funny fuckers blocked us

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"Haven't been asked to pay for anything but was told we'd get a meet if I shaved my goatee off.

"Ok, I'll shave my goatee if you lose a stone"

Then the funny fuckers blocked us "

That is a bit unfair; your goatee weighs only a few grams

"I'm always propositioned with monetary offers and gifts. The best one was a weekend on a yacht on the Mediterranean. Hmmmm no thanks I can't swim!

Other was 1k per hour....hmmm no thanks I don't even get out of bed for less than 10k. "

A couple of years ago, I met a couple who only used to meet in Hotels and I was invited to join them. I offered to pay half as I was joining them, but they said not to worry as they would be staying in the hotel after I left and so would have been paying for it anyway. Though they did thank me for the offer.

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"people will only keep asking for stuff if others are willing to do it.....

so maybe the question is how much self respect are people willing to give up for the sake of a meet....

for me the answer is none....... but that isn't the answer for some and that is sad...."

This!

Black&White Utopia

"No one has to buy anything for anyone.

Simply, this "

Black&White Utopia

"Well alot of single guys are desperate out there and "some"couples use this to their advantage which is rather unfortunate I have met one couple so far who I have the utmost respect for and couples are not my priority,as that"single guys don't mssg us we'll find you"puts me off as im not a desperate as my verifications can confirm,so I believe if hotel meets are agreed then the cost should be split right through the middle x"

100% this

ive seen veris from ladies who are taken out 3 or 4 times a week - lunch bought - room paid for and pretty much asking for this on profile and statuses - if people are ok to pay out fair play and her cost of living is vastly reduced - but im hopeless at taking or accepting stuff and would feel cheeky

get loads of offers on here from money to gifts,,no thanks I'm not a whore.

it disgusts me

I get asked often they want to meet me if I book and pay for a hotel. Why is it the guy they want to pay up all the time. Hence never met them. I'll happily split costs but not fully cover it

"I sometimes think that people asking single guys to pay for everything think that us single guys are so desparate for sex that they will jump at the chance to pay for taxis, hotels, gifts etc. My _iew is that if a guy is invited to someones house, then a small gift (bottle of wine or flowers) is nice. As I have my own house and can accomodate, I won't be paying for any hotel rooms."

Unfortunately, that's because men have been willing to do it for them in the past, so it becomes an expectation as a rule. It's not right of course. I would rather accommodate once I know they are not someone to be wary of. No expectation here. It should most certainly be 50/50. Though some men insist on not letting me pay for anything, I do convince them to take it in turns with the rounds

By *carlet_heavenWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in the sticks

Some guys offer money or inducements but that clearly is in exchange for sex. Some posts have mentioned dating, but in my experience you can't get a man to go on a 'date' for love nor money!

Most guys who offer stuff have no intention of giving you anything…its all about what they want, anyway.

I have also come across guys that expect me to buy them things & have unrealistic expectations about how far I'd travel to meet them…in relation to dates NOT sex.

Its not women & its not men-its people! & screwed up ones at that

"I sometimes think that people asking single guys to pay for everything think that us single guys are so desparate for sex that they will jump at the chance to pay for taxis, hotels, gifts etc. My _iew is that if a guy is invited to someones house, then a small gift (bottle of wine or flowers) is nice. As I have my own house and can accomodate, I won't be paying for any hotel rooms.

Unfortunately, that's because men have been willing to do it for them in the past, so it becomes an expectation as a rule. It's not right of course. I would rather accommodate once I know they are not someone to be wary of. No expectation here. It should most certainly be 50/50. Though some men insist on not letting me pay for anything, I do convince them to take it in turns with the rounds "

Always take turns with rounds . I feel bad when people buy me drinks so always gotta return the favour

By *nfamyMan  over a year ago

Goole

If a Lady wants me to pay for everything she better be a dirty bitch and leave me wanting to renounce all religion and be her slave

It could happen but be warned Ladies I have very high standards and morals

Quite old fashioned in that I prefer to treat the mrs when we go out. However, for a meet we would expect 50/50. Otherwise its getting a bit prostituion-like.

"I have been ask to buy a pair for shoes at £150.

So it goes on and on.

Strange website "

Did the website ask you for all those things?

"50/50 is fair for hotels etc but to ask for gifts is outrageous!

However if anyone fancies buying me a wand.....?!

"

I have some black and white paint, I'll make you a wand lol

We always turn down offers of people offering to pay taxi fare. But we have met men I. The past in a hotel room they have booked in order to meet us. We would never ask anyone to pay for the room but if they want to book a room in order to play that's down to them.

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

"No one has to....

"

"There's an opposite side to this story. I have been offered "shopping" or "gifts" for meeting a bloke. Of course I politely refused. I agree, there should be no expectation for a man to be buying stuff (although a courtesy bottle of wine if he comes over or a box of chocolates is nice and sweet). "

Yes there is. It amazes me the blokes that flash the cash. Put it away sweetheart, how are women supposed to respect you when you're screaming out "gold diggers I'm here cooey"

By *ettingGinaCouple  over a year ago

Dagenhamish

We are fortunate now to have an empty house so can accommodate usually. But I would think it common courtesy if someone or a couple were coming here for them to bring something like wine or flowers. I know we certainly would if we were doing the visiting.

In my book it's 50/50 and I'm sure there is a few people who try and get a freebie both male and female but women who expect the man to pay for everything are just wrong

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

"We are fortunate now to have an empty house so can accommodate usually. But I would think it common courtesy if someone or a couple were coming here for them to bring something like wine or flowers. I know we certainly would if we were doing the visiting."

By *igandy123Man  over a year ago

old trafford

Had a lot of people asking can I get drugs etc, and booze is another common one

» Add a new message to this topic