FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Intelligent people

Intelligent people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ighty1969 OP   Man  over a year ago

st helens

I've been looking at people's replies on different forum posts. There are some very intelligent people on here, some of the writing is fantastic. Is it a bit weird that it's a little bit of a turn on?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I've been looking at people's replies on different forum posts. There are some very intelligent people on here, some of the writing is fantastic. Is it a bit weird that it's a little bit of a turn on?"

In response to the second part:

- Of course not! The main reason people demand socials is to see it there's a mental connection first.

In response to the first part:

- 'Some' is the right word. There are a lot more crazies in my opinion. Have you read any of the threads talking about the economy, bareback or immigration?

Maybe you are a sapiosexual?

st helens

"Maybe you are a sapiosexual?"

Now that's a new one on me, please explain

st helens

"I've been looking at people's replies on different forum posts. There are some very intelligent people on here, some of the writing is fantastic. Is it a bit weird that it's a little bit of a turn on?

- Of course not! The main reason people demand socials is to see it there's a mental connection first.

- 'Some' is the right word. There are a lot more crazies in my opinion. Have you read any of the threads talking about the economy, bareback or immigration? "

On I can imagine there are some idiots also.

"Maybe you are a sapiosexual?

Now that's a new one on me, please explain "

Someone who finds intelligence as the most attractive trait in a person as opposed to looks for example

st helens

Someone who finds intelligence as the most attractive trait in a person as opposed to looks for example "

What if your attracted to morons, is that a somethingsexual?

"I've been looking at people's replies on different forum posts. There are some very intelligent people on here, some of the writing is fantastic. Is it a bit weird that it's a little bit of a turn on?

- 'Some' is the right word. There are a lot more crazies in my opinion. Have you read any of the threads talking about the economy, bareback or immigration?

On I can imagine there are some idiots also."

It's a bit relative too. About a third of my work colleagues have a PhD so I don't think of myself as anything other than average. But then you read some threads and there are people who consider themselves scholars because they are the first of their blood line that can read and recite a newspaper...

For me a turn on is someone who is not afraid to use a dictionary when s/he encounters a word s/he doesn't know.

- 'Some' is the right word. There are a lot more crazies in my opinion. Have you read any of the threads talking about the economy, bareback or immigration? "

Apparently it's wrong to find the mind attractive...

Or is it only ok if it's an intelligent mind?

I'm not sure of the rules any more..

I think your not allowed to find one particular feature attractive but I could be wrong..Seems the rules are very bendy

st helens

It's a bit relative too. About a third of my work colleagues have a PhD so I don't think of myself as anything other than average. But then you read some threads and there are people who consider themselves scholars because they are the first of their blood line that can read and recite a newspaper..."

What you have written then is exactly what I'm talking about, I think it's well written, witty and obviously you intelligent

There was a rather cringe worthy moment on question time last week where an enlightened member of the audience told the panel they should stop reading newspapers and "start watching the internet" because newspapers were heavily edited.

He then sat back in his chair looking pleased with himself...

Someone who finds intelligence as the most attractive trait in a person as opposed to looks for example

What if your attracted to morons, is that a somethingsexual?"

Not sure, there aren't many women attracted to me

i sometimes wonder if people attempt, i stress attempt to come across as intelligent when using the forums, after all so much knowledge is at the click of a button

It's a bit relative too. About a third of my work colleagues have a PhD so I don't think of myself as anything other than average. But then you read some threads and there are people who consider themselves scholars because they are the first of their blood line that can read and recite a newspaper...

What you have written then is exactly what I'm talking about, I think it's well written, witty and obviously you intelligent "

I think Forres Gump nailed it when he said "stupid is as stupid does".

There was a business called "Long Term Capital Management" that was full of 'geniuses' and nobel prize winners (albeit in economics, which is like winning best personality in a beauty pageant). Anyway, why are they famous? Because they put their ideas into practice and became America's largest bankruptcy at the time.

If that's what geniuses do then I'll take stupid please...

st helens

What if your attracted to morons, is that a somethingsexual?

Not sure, there aren't many women attracted to me "

See exactly what I'm talking about

What you have written then is exactly what I'm talking about, I think it's well written, witty and obviously you intelligent "

I found the last paragraph to be condescending and not witty;it's personal taste. Not obviously intelligent to me.

st helens

It's a bit of fun

What you have written then is exactly what I'm talking about, I think it's well written, witty and obviously you intelligent

I found the last paragraph to be condescending and not witty;it's personal taste. Not obviously intelligent to me."

It was meant to be condescending to anyone who thinks that reading and reciting a newspaper makes them more intelligent than me. I described myself as "average". If you think that's unjustified then yeah, personal taste...

st helens

I thought it was brilliant, and I said so. But done people take things far to seriously

st helens

Some people

By *orkyterrierMan  over a year ago

Barnsley

If you don't know what a sapiosexual is, then you obviously are not sapiosexual. You'd know what it was otherwise.

"If you don't know what a sapiosexual is, then you obviously are not sapiosexual. You'd know what it was otherwise. "

Because intelligence = knowing long words?

st helens

"If you don't know what a sapiosexual is, then you obviously are not sapiosexual. You'd know what it was otherwise.

Because intelligence = knowing long words? "

I don't think so. I'm not a wordsmith by any means, god bless auto spelling . I think intelligence is common sense, wit, manners and be able to have a conversation

I think your not allowed to find one particular feature attractive but I could be wrong..Seems the rules are very bendy "

I can't help but feel that we live in a world gone mad with many rules making no sense at all & gone way beyond bendy & more boarding on insanity ! So I'm not one for following rules unless they sit right in my head .

I prefer to live by & follow my own , not always the easiest path but the right one for me !

I go by three main rules 1) Not doing anything that insults my own soul 2) Not knowingly doing anything to hurt another living being 3) Being true to myself & standing by my beliefs & decisions whether folk like it or not !

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"If you don't know what a sapiosexual is, then you obviously are not sapiosexual. You'd know what it was otherwise. "

Er no, because sapiosexual means being attracted to intelligence, it doesn't necessarily mean sapiosexuals themselves are intelligent or well educated and it doesn't mean they necessarily have an extensive vocabulary, or know that particular word.

I don't think intelligence is anything to do with manners.

A lot of very intelligent people are too divorced from the real world to have any concept of manners.

Manners are a social construct and are nothing to do with intelligence or cognitive ability.

"If you don't know what a sapiosexual is, then you obviously are not sapiosexual. You'd know what it was otherwise.

Er no, because sapiosexual means being attracted to intelligence, it doesn't necessarily mean sapiosexuals themselves are intelligent or well educated and it doesn't mean they necessarily have an extensive vocabulary, or know that particular word."

Ooh good angle. I (husband) can honestly say that I've found myself very attracted to some people that may not be considered conventionally attractive, mainly due to their social skills - which I'm counting as part of intelligence. Unfortunately, the Mrs is all about the eye candy so it leads to some interesting debates...

Er no, because sapiosexual means being attracted to intelligence, it doesn't necessarily mean sapiosexuals themselves are intelligent or well educated and it doesn't mean they necessarily have an extensive vocabulary, or know that particular word.

Ooh good angle. I (husband) can honestly say that I've found myself very attracted to some people that may not be considered conventionally attractive, mainly due to their social skills - which I'm counting as part of intelligence. Unfortunately, the Mrs is all about the eye candy so it leads to some interesting debates... "

I tried to write a response based on what I consider attractive but it's too complicated to put succinctly in a post like this.

I find intelligence attractive but I need to know someone to some extent to be attracted that way, and it rarely happens on here.

Therefore, I usually look for eye candy. That causes a variety of difficulties of its own.

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

The minds are mainly why I use the forums!

By *he Ladies of the ManorCouple  over a year ago

Swansea - Guildford

"I've been looking at people's replies on different forum posts. There are some very intelligent people on here, some of the writing is fantastic. Is it a bit weird that it's a little bit of a turn on?"

Birds of a feather usually want to swing with birds of a similar plumage !

[Removed by poster at 19/03/16 07:29:36]

I've seen lots of people who contribute regularly to the forum called intelligent by others and I'm left scratching my head thinking really? I just think they talk a load of Bollocks, personally. It's definitely down to your personal tolerance for bull shit and your ability to decipher if someone is just spouting words or if they have anything interesting to say.

"I don't think intelligence is anything to do with manners.

A lot of very intelligent people are too divorced from the real world to have any concept of manners.

Manners are a social construct and are nothing to do with intelligence or cognitive ability."

I totally agree with this...

My son is highly intelligent yet his manners are atrocious...

But then again he is autistic and does not recognise social cues

There do appear to be a lot of so called experts on here...

Well, not exactly experts but they are probably proficient in how to look things up on google and then back it up with bullshit so that they come across as intelligent...,

But I find most are just keyboard warriors with an overactive imagination

By *aramelMINXWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Sapiosexual

Manners are a social construct and are nothing to do with intelligence or cognitive ability.

But then again he is autistic and does not recognise social cues "

This is a perfect example of why manners are not linked to intelligence.

They could be considered alongside emotional intelligence, but I consider that more a learned skill rather than a capability with which one is born.

Intelligence, in my view, is an ability to learn, to deduce, to imagine and/or to adapt. It can manifest in a variety of ways. Intelligent isn't the same as educated.

very clever intelligent and yet at the same time stupid people are to be found in all walks of life.........just an opinion...

"...

But then you read some threads and there are people who consider themselves scholars because they are the first of their blood line that can read and recite a newspaper..."

"very clever intelligent and yet at the same time stupid people are to be found in all walks of life.........just an opinion..."

Intelligent and stupid are exact opposites of one another so that statement makes no sense as you have written it.

If you mean, for example, that people who are well educated yet lack common sense exist in all walks of life, I would agree.

You need to be more precise.

The only way for someone to be both intelligent and stupid is when making relative comparisons. You could, perhaps, say that someone is intelligent when compared with person A but stupid by the standards of person B. Even then it's a bit of a stretch.

It's like describing someone as both tall and short.

I think your not allowed to find one particular feature attractive but I could be wrong..Seems the rules are very bendy

I can't help but feel that we live in a world gone mad with many rules making no sense at all & gone way beyond bendy & more boarding on insanity ! So I'm not one for following rules unless they sit right in my head .

I prefer to live by & follow my own , not always the easiest path but the right one for me !

I go by three main rules 1) Not doing anything that insults my own soul 2) Not knowingly doing anything to hurt another living being 3) Being true to myself & standing by my beliefs & decisions whether folk like it or not ! "

I love deep conversations and putting the world to rights. I consider myself to be an educated and intelligent woman, and I love feeling like ive 'met my match' when we get talking. I love learning from people, and when things are explained to me by someone who is passionate, that's how I learn.

That being said, I'd love a clever mind as part of the whole package.

I am often found talking about politics and other burning issues. While just talking about these topics doesn't make me intelligent I do consider my self to be educated and intelligent.

Someone who finds intelligence as the most attractive trait in a person as opposed to looks for example "

We prefer to meet people with a certain amount of intellect but also looks as we feel it's more of a turn on if you can stimulate the mind and the body will follow...

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I find there are some men out there who really, really don't like intelligent women.

"I find there are some men out there who really, really don't like intelligent women. "

That's why i pretend to be vaccuous

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I find there are some men out there who really, really don't like intelligent women.

That's why i pretend to be vaccuous "

I can't.

Might be why I've been single for so long.

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

"I am often found talking about politics and other burning issues. While just talking about these topics doesn't make me intelligent I do consider my self to be educated and intelligent.

"

but sometimes don't you just want to put the serious issues to one side and talk drivel?

Vacuous is fine for the short term, but it seldom works for me.

Intelligence isn't a prerequisite, however an interesting and exciting mind is. I'm a firm believer that eroticism is born and developed in the mind. Mutually intriguing and excited people can stimulate each other to an amazing extent way before they meet.

Excite the mind and the body will follow.

"I find there are some men out there who really, really don't like intelligent women.

I can't.

Might be why I've been single for so long."

Actually you don't even need to feign stupidity. Just keeping quiet does the trick. I'm really good at not talking

Don't let them fool ya man...anyone can copy and paste.

Stick to the gumps...minted and he nailed his dream.

I'm going to take my leave now..I've got a wonderful comic to read..The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers....online....Sharpe as a razor.

By *rayhairedguyMan  over a year ago

dorking

I can't.

Might be why I've been single for so long.

Actually you don't even need to feign stupidity. Just keeping quiet does the trick. I'm really good at not talking "

With that body as long as you can 'oohhhh' and 'aahhh' we'd get along just fine loll

But then again he is autistic and does not recognise social cues "

"I am often found talking about politics and other burning issues. While just talking about these topics doesn't make me intelligent I do consider my self to be educated and intelligent.

but sometimes don't you just want to put the serious issues to one side and talk drivel? "

I do that at times too lol

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

I am a sapuosexual. I used to have it on my profile but got bored of all the 'what does that mean messages'

Intelligence is hugely sexy. Someone that can turn on my mind is a must.

For me that also includes a good imagination. Someone who can capture that and take you on that sort of journey is very powerful.

"I am a sapuosexual. I used to have it on my profile but got bored of all the 'what does that mean messages'

Intelligence is hugely sexy. Someone that can turn on my mind is a must.

For me that also includes a good imagination. Someone who can capture that and take you on that sort of journey is very powerful.

"

Exactly what I was attempting to say above but far more eloquently put

By *oxesMan  over a year ago

Southend, Essex

"very clever intelligent and yet at the same time stupid people are to be found in all walks of life.........just an opinion...

Intelligent and stupid are exact opposites of one another so that statement makes no sense as you have written it.

If you mean, for example, that people who are well educated yet lack common sense exist in all walks of life, I would agree.

You need to be more precise.

The only way for someone to be both intelligent and stupid is when making relative comparisons. You could, perhaps, say that someone is intelligent when compared with person A but stupid by the standards of person B. Even then it's a bit of a stretch.

It's like describing someone as both tall and short.

"

which if Quantom mechanics is to be belived is possible.

The forum is full of people expressing their opinions. Some are well evidenced and some are not. Opinions for me are not always a sign of intelligence or education, they are often emotionally or culturally driven

I know people who would be considered to be intelligent who use their intelligence to belittle, correct you constantly and hammer their own opinions home because they feel that yours have no value. I also know people with phds with no social skills whatsoever.

A good balance of intellectual and emotional intelligence with a degree of empathy and humility is what I find attractive...but I am aware that this is purely my own opinion...

"Vacuous is fine for the short term, but it seldom works for me.

Intelligence isn't a prerequisite, however an interesting and exciting mind is. I'm a firm believer that eroticism is born and developed in the mind. Mutually intriguing and excited people can stimulate each other to an amazing extent way before they meet.

Excite the mind and the body will follow. "

It's not about what you say .. It's about how you say it

"It's not about what you say .. It's about how you say it "

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

everyone gotta be somewhere ... eccles

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I like an intelligent mind, mix that with a quick wit and that is my ideal man

I value intelligence and find it important in my daily relationships. I also appreciate it when it's evidenced on the forum because I like informed conversation.

But for NSA sex I'll take the eye candy, please.

-Courtney

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

"everyone gotta be somewhere ... eccles "

That always makes me laugh

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Don't let them fool ya man...anyone can copy and paste.

I'm going to take my leave now..I've got a wonderful comic to read..The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers....online....Sharpe as a razor."

Who needs newspapers when you have comics.

By *cduck and Blue eyesCouple  over a year ago

nr chester

"The forum is full of people expressing their opinions. Some are well evidenced and some are not. Opinions for me are not always a sign of intelligence or education, they are often emotionally or culturally driven

I know people who would be considered to be intelligent who use their intelligence to belittle, correct you constantly and hammer their own opinions home because they feel that yours have no value. I also know people with phds with no social skills whatsoever.

A good balance of intellectual and emotional intelligence with a degree of empathy and humility is what I find attractive...but I am aware that this is purely my own opinion... "

It's like an orgy of intellect, with a few wankers in the shadows

By *jj46Man  over a year ago

rhyl

I'm intelligent but on the creative side I studied art and design music also look into Ge politics and I was brought up in shit ole in toxeth so I haven't done to bad I have alot of friends who way higher on the scale to me but il hold my own with anyone knowledge is the key not how many y big words you can spell

I have met many well educated/academics who write well but are thick as fuck when out of there field !

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Thanks

"I have met many well educated/academics who write well but are thick as fuck when out of there field !"

Nobody is good at everything.

I'm really good at my subject area, and not that good at much else. I don't think that makes me thick though.

I'm going to take my leave now..I've got a wonderful comic to read..The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers....online....Sharpe as a razor.

Who needs newspapers when you have comics. "

We don't have comics, we have graphic novels.

I think everyone on here would like to consider themselves intelligent. Some say they consider themselves average but I doubt anyone would say they are of below average intelligence.

It's very unlikely, statistically, that everyone on here is of average or above average intelligence though.

Still, what different people consider as intelligent will vary according to their experiences, peer group, family and many other factors. We're not all using the same criteria.

It always makes me when people claim to be "proffesional" though

"I have met many well educated/academics who write well but are thick as fuck when out of there field !

I'm really good at my subject area, and not that good at much else. I don't think that makes me thick though."

"I have met many well educated/academics who write well but are thick as fuck when out of there field !

I'm really good at my subject area, and not that good at much else. I don't think that makes me thick though."

I have no motivation to be good at things outside about ~3 subjects that impact my livelihood. Definitely not a fan of learning for the sake of it.

I'm really good at my subject area, and not that good at much else. I don't think that makes me thick though.

I have no motivation to be good at things outside about ~3 subjects that impact my livelihood. Definitely not a fan of learning for the sake of it. "

I love learning for the sake of it - but I'm limited in what I can teach myself. While I can learn things related to my main subject area (i.e. within humanities) relatively well, I could never teach myself maths of physics.

I have no motivation to be good at things outside about ~3 subjects that impact my livelihood. Definitely not a fan of learning for the sake of it.

I love learning for the sake of it - but I'm limited in what I can teach myself. While I can learn things related to my main subject area (i.e. within humanities) relatively well, I could never teach myself maths of physics."

I wasn't trying to imply there's anything wrong with learning for the sake of it. But for me I'd rather use the time / brain space to learn more about my speciality.

I adore learning, and enjoy reading in many subjects outside of my vocational necessities, but there are may things in life for which I haven't got a clue. Any kind of engineering and I am as useful as a gibbering baboon.

In any case, emotional intelligence is more important than facts and figures.

I love learning for the sake of it - but I'm limited in what I can teach myself. While I can learn things related to my main subject area (i.e. within humanities) relatively well, I could never teach myself maths of physics."

We need a learning bartering system

I can teach chemistry, maths and various aspects of IT to a high level.

Amongst other things, I want to learn electronics, physics and learn/improve my welding.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

We don't have comics, we have graphic novels. "

I'm a comics fan and I've got a few graphic novels. Gutted I'm missing comic con at the NEC today.

I love learning for the sake of it - but I'm limited in what I can teach myself. While I can learn things related to my main subject area (i.e. within humanities) relatively well, I could never teach myself maths of physics.

I wasn't trying to imply there's anything wrong with learning for the sake of it. But for me I'd rather use the time / brain space to learn more about my speciality. "

With ten lifetimes I couldn't learn everything I'm interested in.

I find at least some interest in most subjects.

We need a learning bartering system

I can teach chemistry, maths and various aspects of IT to a high level.

Amongst other things, I want to learn electronics, physics and learn/improve my welding."

I do this with some of my friends. I take them to galleries and museums and teach them about art and culture. They can pay me back with a favour when I have more time to learn.

I'm a comics fan and I've got a few graphic novels. Gutted I'm missing comic con at the NEC today. "

Oh is that there too?

I have a press pass to the photography show this weekend, and I was thinking about going to the sewing show that's on too. A friend of mine is going to an education show, and I just mentioned the comic con to my partner and now he's contemplating heading up there. :D

That said there is something attractive to me about the concept of being blissfully ignorant and naive.

I'm a comics fan and I've got a few graphic novels. Gutted I'm missing comic con at the NEC today. "

Me too. But I'd only be jealous of anyone dressed as Catwoman/Harley/Ivy.

By *illowtorqueMan  over a year ago

Swindon

Great thread. My most memorable nights at swingers' clubs have been those on which I've stumbled upon intelligent conversation with a clever, witty person.

I love a girl who 'gives good brain'...

"I've seen lots of people who contribute regularly to the forum called intelligent by others and I'm left scratching my head thinking really? I just think they talk a load of Bollocks, personally. It's definitely down to your personal tolerance for bull shit and your ability to decipher if someone is just spouting words or if they have anything interesting to say. "

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

I wouldn't say I look for intelligence per se. Intelligence can come in many forms. Some people who appear to be quite clever can actually be incredibly dull. It's more the case I don't like being around moron's or people that aren't on my wavelength. I like being around people I can learn something from. Someone who'll make you think about something in a different way. They can teach you something. That can be attractive.

So basically I want someone who's not an idiot, has a good sense of humour and has enough humility in themselves to not come across as a total know-it-all. That I can find attractive. That I can be drawn to. Someone who is (or thinks they are) intelligent and likes to make you aware of it at every opportunity is not attractive at all. Humility and humour along side the so called intelligence is key. Otherwise you're just an intelligent moron.

"I wouldn't say I look for intelligence per se. Intelligence can come in many forms. Some people who appear to be quite clever can actually be incredibly dull. It's more the case I don't like being around moron's or people that aren't on my wavelength. I like being around people I can learn something from. Someone who'll make you think about something in a different way. They can teach you something. That can be attractive.

So basically I want someone who's not an idiot, has a good sense of humour and has enough humility in themselves to not come across as a total know-it-all. That I can find attractive. That I can be drawn to. Someone who is (or thinks they are) intelligent and likes to make you aware of it at every opportunity is not attractive at all. Humility and humour along side the so called intelligence is key. Otherwise you're just an intelligent moron."

Probably best we don't meet

"It's more the case I don't like being around moron's or people that aren't on my wavelength. I like being around people I can learn something from. Someone who'll make you think about something in a different way. They can teach you something. That can be attractive."

I certainly think that's true for me.

Someone can be and brilliant person, clever, have similar interests to me. But all they have to do is say something sexist, homo/transphobic, racist, classist, or just treat another person poorly, or use language that makes me uncomfortable, and they're out.

It's important someone is on my wavelength. If they're not on my wavelength, I don't really want to get naked with them.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

*sniggers at the false modesty and, as Forrest Gump, says*

"Intelligent is as intelligent does."

"I've seen lots of people who contribute regularly to the forum called intelligent by others and I'm left scratching my head thinking really? I just think they talk a load of Bollocks, personally. It's definitely down to your personal tolerance for bull shit and your ability to decipher if someone is just spouting words or if they have anything interesting to say. "

And how easily a few choice words can influence you.

I stopped seeing someone because,although he had an English Masters and had written books and blogs and can cook really well,I found conversation with him difficult. He had nothing to talk about except what he had done in his life; his work,his online blog,his books,his mother. The conversation never went off on a tangent and if I tried to steer it in a different direction he clammed up and suggested we went to bed. He was rather good in bed though,but not enough to keep me going back. I like people who have done a lot in their lives,I won't deny that I like hearing about their adventures,but I like to get a word in now and then. I'm not particularly knowledgeable and love hearing stories. That is what turns my head,but I like talking about Zombie apocalypse escape plans and what would you do if you could live on Mars.

Intelligence comes in many forms, social and emotional intelligence is much more attractive than book smarts for example, don't get me wrong i have respect for book smarts but i don't see it as adding anything when it comes too the way an individual communicates.

"*sniggers at the false modesty and, as Forrest Gump, says*

"Intelligent is as intelligent does.""

And some of the unintentionally false immodesty

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

"*sniggers at the false modesty and, as Forrest Gump, says*

"Intelligent is as intelligent does."

And some of the unintentionally false immodesty "

You know what I'm sayin'

"It's a bit relative too. About a third of my work colleagues have a PhD so I don't think of myself as anything other than average. But then you read some threads and there are people who consider themselves scholars because they are the first of their blood line that can read and recite a newspaper...

I think it was unkind.

"I wouldn't say I look for intelligence per se. Intelligence can come in many forms. Some people who appear to be quite clever can actually be incredibly dull. It's more the case I don't like being around moron's or people that aren't on my wavelength. I like being around people I can learn something from. Someone who'll make you think about something in a different way. They can teach you something. That can be attractive.

So basically I want someone who's not an idiot, has a good sense of humour and has enough humility in themselves to not come across as a total know-it-all. That I can find attractive. That I can be drawn to. Someone who is (or thinks they are) intelligent and likes to make you aware of it at every opportunity is not attractive at all. Humility and humour along side the so called intelligence is key. Otherwise you're just an intelligent moron."

this is what I'm trying to find too!!! I agree with everything you've said here. It's about having the knowledge and intelligence but not shoving it in people's faces! For me funding someone I can still learn from. Now that is a turn on!! Both mentally and physically!!

Intelligent can show in many ways. I'm not attracted to every type of intelligence (in fact it can make some people boring or come off as uptight) but unintelligence is the biggest turn off for me. Even just looking like you're unintelligent is a turn off also.

st helens

I started this thread and I'm as thick as 2 short planks.

By *on1Man  over a year ago

spain

Need more like yous lol

"I started this thread and I'm as thick as 2 short planks. "

What's those pink things on sticks in your picture?

"We don't have comics, we have graphic novels. "

Graphic Novel: A term employed by people too embarrassed to admit they read comics.

If we're being pedantic, graphic novels are written and published as a single, full-length narrative. If it was originally published as a series of monthly floppies, it's technically not a graphic novel. As critically lauded and worthwhile as the likes of Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns are, they're not graphic novels. They're comics.

Geek rant over

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/03/16 10:38:10]

I love to learn new things... If I didn't I wouldn't be doing a BA in humanities (with art history) and in between modules I sign up for one or two free online courses run by futurelearn.. I wouldn't say I was intelligent though.. I just think I have an enquiring mind

There are different types of intelligence. People who lack emotional intelligence are the biggest turn-off for me.

"I love to learn new things... If I didn't I wouldn't be doing a BA in humanities (with art history) and in between modules I sign up for one or two free online courses run by futurelearn.. I wouldn't say I was intelligent though.. I just think I have an enquiring mind "

I would agree. Every other person has qualifications in something.

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

Nothing weird about whatever level of intelligence, it existing in swinging or it being part of attraction/appeal or a turn on.

Intelligence, manners, respect is a required two way street even if they are lesser spotted traits for some

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Intelligent can show in many ways. I'm not attracted to every type of intelligence (in fact it can make some people boring or come off as uptight) but unintelligence is the biggest turn off for me. Even just looking like you're unintelligent is a turn off also."

A person who is intelligent but has not shown any pride in their appearance or lacks manners, will not be attractive to me.

If a meet turned up in jogging bottoms, or smelt unpleasant, it would immediately put me off.

Nita

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Most people are going to be about average - whether forum average differs much to site or real world average, I don't feel able to tell. I do like intelligence in others, it's attractive. But our individual understanding of what it is differs. It's not knowledge, which some still assume it is imo.

And it's not just about fast mental speed - there are brilliant minds out there who are measured and may be somewhat slower due to some decline, affect etc.

It's better to be comfortable as you are and not get into comparing yourself to others.

There are a lot of both on here. And luckily there are very few of those internet users who try and quantify their intelligence and then lord it over other people...

... We call those people - 'all together class' - Assholes.

Sorry but that's a pretty fatuous comment - and completely illogical!

Does a newborn have to know what hunger means to be hungry? X

"Intelligent can show in many ways. I'm not attracted to every type of intelligence (in fact it can make some people boring or come off as uptight) but unintelligence is the biggest turn off for me. Even just looking like you're unintelligent is a turn off also.

A person who is intelligent but has not shown any pride in their appearance or lacks manners, will not be attractive to me.

If a meet turned up in jogging bottoms, or smelt unpleasant, it would immediately put me off.

Nita"

Luckily most people seem intelligent enough to have a shower.

Gonna add they might just be boring to me, not necessarily everyone.

"Intelligent can show in many ways. I'm not attracted to every type of intelligence (in fact it can make some people boring or come off as uptight) but unintelligence is the biggest turn off for me. Even just looking like you're unintelligent is a turn off also.

Nita"

Damn, I often wear joggers because they're comfortable. If I'm just going to someone's house for a shag and I'm going to be naked in ten minutes I'd rather wear something comfy!

I never figured that clean joggers would be a turn off...

"We don't have comics, we have graphic novels.

Graphic Novel: A term employed by people too embarrassed to admit they read comics.

If we're being pedantic, graphic novels are written and published as a single, full-length narrative. If it was originally published as a series of monthly floppies, it's technically not a graphic novel. As critically lauded and worthwhile as the likes of Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns are, they're not graphic novels. They're comics.

Geek rant over "

Technically I have graphic novels, and my partner has comics. I have graphic novels like Palestine.

"i sometimes wonder if people attempt, i stress attempt to come across as intelligent when using the forums, after all so much knowledge is at the click of a button "

hahaha, go to the chat rooms, see intelligence there.

"We don't have comics, we have graphic novels.

Geek rant over

Technically I have graphic novels, and my partner has comics. I have graphic novels like Palestine."

Awesome. That totally counts

You sure about that? It's just most of the replies I read seem to be written by mxxxxs fill in the x's.

Just because someone appears to be intelligent doesn't actually mean they are.

The most intelligent person I ever met was as stupid as fuck.

"The forum is full of people expressing their opinions. Some are well evidenced and some are not. Opinions for me are not always a sign of intelligence or education, they are often emotionally or culturally driven

A good balance of intellectual and emotional intelligence with a degree of empathy and humility is what I find attractive...but I am aware that this is purely my own opinion... "

Not just your opinion as I agree totally.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Lol

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Vacuous is fine for the short term, but it seldom works for me.

Excite the mind and the body will follow. "

This

I've never seen using big words or putting down others as intelligent for some reason.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

in a way i do think the biggest sex organ we all have is the brain.... but there is a huge diffenence in what i call academic smarts and real life smarts....

people may be academically way more gifted than me and i am always learning from others who know more on subjects than me... but there are also people who can take those smarts and use it in real life applications and situations....

because half to fun of people on here for me is that i can butt heads with people on different subjects.... not everyone does fluff..... and thats what makes the place interesting...

By *ali 69Man  over a year ago

jersey

"I stopped seeing someone because,although he had an English Masters and had written books and blogs and can cook really well,I found conversation with him difficult. He had nothing to talk about except what he had done in his life; his work,his online blog,his books,his mother. The conversation never went off on a tangent and if I tried to steer it in a different direction he clammed up and suggested we went to bed. He was rather good in bed though,but not enough to keep me going back. I like people who have done a lot in their lives,I won't deny that I like hearing about their adventures,but I like to get a word in now and then. I'm not particularly knowledgeable and love hearing stories. That is what turns my head,but I like talking about Zombie apocalypse escape plans and what would you do if you could live on Mars. "

I'd open a chippy on mars , them martians can't get enough of pie chips and mushy peas ....they're mad for it !

I don't much buy in to the different types of intelligence thing - either you're clever or you're not, or possibly somewhere between.

"in a way i do think the biggest sex organ we all have is the brain.... but there is a huge diffenence in what i call academic smarts and real life smarts....

people may be academically way more gifted than me and i am always learning from others who know more on subjects than me... but there are also people who can take those smarts and use it in real life applications and situations....

because half to fun of people on here for me is that i can butt heads with people on different subjects.... not everyone does fluff..... and thats what makes the place interesting..."

Honestly Fabio, you're definately one of the smarter people on here

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

Intelligence should never be confused with knowledge .

Knowledge is only a small part of the measure of intelligence .

An intelligent person knows when & how to use their knowledge at a specific time .

I know plenty of highly read people who are thick as Fook .

By *razedcatMan  over a year ago

London / Herts

Though it comes in quite a few forms, intelligence is very much a turn on for me. Even more so when that intelligence can be expressed in an elegant, almost demure way.

That's not to say that a lack of intelligence is a turn-off, however. No, what turns me off is a lack of intelligence combined with a certain thoughtlessness. If you're not particularly intelligent, at least be a respectful person

"Though it comes in quite a few forms, intelligence is very much a turn on for me. Even more so when that intelligence can be expressed in an elegant, almost demure way.

That's not to say that a lack of intelligence is a turn-off, however. No, what turns me off is a lack of intelligence combined with a certain thoughtlessness. If you're not particularly intelligent, at least be a respectful person "

Well said! I think a successful fab meet needs to stimulate the mind first. There are so many cock photos on here, I need to find something extra in the profile to make me want to meet them. A well written or well thought out profile is an instant turn on.

» Add a new message to this topic