FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Reading a profile!

Reading a profile!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi guys, just need to have a little rant.

I'm not sure about everyone's feelings on this issue, but I think so much time is wasted with people not bothering to read people's profiles. Surely we do these write ups so everyone's positions on here are clear?

I'm getting a little bit wound up by people messaging without reading my profile.

Surely if a profile has you interested you would take a minute to look through someone profile?

Maybe I'm asking to much??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Doesn't bother me any more, i'm good at being ignorant too and ignore them.

Best ones are 'i've read you're profile and want this, that and the other, what you into?'.

lol, fucking liars...

The majority of people do read profiles, some do not unfortunately.

Mine talks of cake, cake is not a euphemism of sex, it means cake but I still get people messaging quite obviously not reading my profile. That is why there is a handy delete button which inuse quite often.

But yes, it's annoying but it will unfortunately never stop

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Doesn't bother me any more, i'm good at being ignorant too and ignore them.

Best ones are 'i've read you're profile and want this, that and the other, what you into?'.

lol, fucking liars..."

Think I might take a leaf out of your book lol

"Doesn't bother me any more, i'm good at being ignorant too and ignore them.

lol, fucking liars...

Think I might take a leaf out of your book lol"

You might as well. For all you know they just copy and pasted that message anyway and sent it out a spam to everyone in your area.

Even if you're clear, people message 'just in case'. It gets pretty tedious. Of course we could put our filters on then the guys who do fit what we're looking for wouldn't be able to message!

I prefer to go to places where I'm more likely to meet the kinda guy I'm looking for hence why I'm at AntiChrist every time it's on!

"Hi guys, just need to have a little rant.

I'm not sure about everyone's feelings on this issue, but I think so much time is wasted with people not bothering to read people's profiles. Surely we do these write ups so everyone's positions on here are clear?

I'm getting a little bit wound up by people messaging without reading my profile.

Surely if a profile has you interested you would take a minute to look through someone profile?

Maybe I'm asking to much??"

The trouble is with us men we are distracted visually lol and it's only like putting up furniture why read the instructions just get stuck in then after the third time of realising you have no fucking clue what you are doing revert to reading the instructions guy code!

People complain that our profile is too long, but yet it would still only take a couple of minutes of their time to read it!! That's not long at all!!

We try to answer as many questions as we can and to give brief details of what we are looking for as well as give as best a description of us both as possible in one short paragraph. Yet people are always asking us questions that are answered in our profile which we find incredibly frustrating!! So we share your pain with this

Idk which is worse, not reading your profile or reading it and then sending a message saying ' i know i'm not what you're looking for but...'

omg. this is why i have filters on all the time just about.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Hi guys, just need to have a little rant.

Maybe I'm asking to much??"

You are not asking to much. We get this too, sometimes. I prefer not to block people for this, but when they won't take no for an answer and they are wasting their own time, by keep coming back, I will block.

Don't think it matters sometimes what's written ?

Some will take the bits that they want and reply even though they are obviously not who your looking for ?

Bet you could get replies if you put that you had an std but still liked to play bareback ?????

some are either that desperate or just don't read !!

By *he Ladies of the ManorCouple  over a year ago

Swansea - Guildford

"Idk which is worse, not reading your profile or reading it and then sending a message saying ' i know i'm not what you're looking for but...'

omg. this is why i have filters on all the time just about."

Oh yes the eternal " can you make an exception to what you want in my case ?" Err NO

Why waste time reading profiles when most women and couples never bother to reply.

Likes and dislikes can be communicated when someone actually replies.

I get the same the how long you been on are you new well it states it.

Then the have you met anyone well I have verifications to state that.

I wrote don't message me all over the profile and I still got messages of want a fuck.

It doesn't take a minute or 2 to read it and say hello.

It's when I have a blank profile and they say love your profile haha

"Idk which is worse, not reading your profile or reading it and then sending a message saying ' i know i'm not what you're looking for but...'

omg. this is why i have filters on all the time just about.

Oh yes the eternal " can you make an exception to what you want in my case ?" Err NO "

I don't usually read them but i'm nosey so have done this time.

He's loads of things i don't want, but ooh yes i'll just make an exception this one time coz i'm 'nice' like that.

By *ackStrakerMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Half the reason I'm not here is to read the profiles. There's some hilarious creative writers out there. Everyone has a different take on things.

I'll tend to message people to thank them for giving me something entertaining to read even if I don't intend to meet. More often or not get a nice reply.

"Why waste time reading profiles when most women and couples never bother to reply.

Likes and dislikes can be communicated when someone actually replies. "

My thoughts and experience exactly. I used to read the profile, check if I fit the requirements. See if l am reasonably near in location. I look at who is verified to see if there is a fit. Put the word 'unicorn' or 'munchkin' or whichever is the required word in the subject. Write a short but I hope interesting response showing that l have read the profile. However writing witty but not stereotyping response to a love of sex in combine harvesters or chocolate hurling in the darkroom whilst wearing a traffic cone can be challenging. Then wait and see your message deleted.

Hence l rarely write to anyone on line and prefer to go to parties and events.

Yes you're asking too much. Learn to ignore and chill. Makes for a happier fab experience.

Filters on, message who you want yourself. No angst. Lovely.

We feel your pain! Get it all the time.

I always read profiles thats when I realise I'm not what there looking for so I go back to my cave

By *inzi LTV/TS  over a year ago

The Garden of Eden in Beautiful North Wales

I generally give the profile a quick scan over, a quick peek at the pix, then go back for a proper read and write a message. I'll send something nice complimenting them on their pix or how nice their house looks! If they can be bothered to reply... Bingo.

You've just broken the ice.

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

"

The trouble with us men is we are distracted visually..it's like putting up furniture, why read the instructions.. just get stuck in then after the third time of realising you have no fucking clue what you are doing revert to reading the instructions guy code!"

That made me giggle..it's so very true

By *epaWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

Drives us mad

No pics live in Scotland zzzzzz

Will never reads the profile - good job one of us does is all I can say! Lol

Sara

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Unfortunately it's a problem that won't go away. In an ideal world, if you received well written messages only from people that matched your criteria, everyone would be happy. You wouldn't have to sift through so much crap and conceivably would be able to communicate with more people on your wavelength. Ive come across a few appealing profiles that I unfortunately wasn't a match for, so no message. We can't please everyone, though quite a few think they can....if it truly puts you off, then filters and club meets / socializing only.

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

Either use filters and search/contact those who you might want to meet, or, block and ignore those who obviously haven't read the profile.

Or both

I always read them. I'm curvy so want to make sure I'm not messaging people who are size restricted. Some people don't like beyond size 14 so I'd just be wasting my time. X

Changed my stance on this lately. It would seem that most people are reading my profile, as evidenced by the fact they refer to the part of it they particularly like. They simply ignore the bits they don't.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I find that, in general, the decent guys will read it and the chancers won't. It's another filter

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

i read them but i do not read them if they just carry on and on, some profiles i can hold the down arrow for more than 10 seconds and it is not even at the bottom yet, usually just skip the profile or just read bits. its way to long,

and if they have a long profile they could check it, as lot of people seem to say different things in parts of the profile.

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

I read profiles. Message if I meet requirements . Most times no response. Some thanks but no thanks replies. Just in past couple of weeks . I have winked seen look at profile and had messaged as I said on status. Then message has been deleted , not read. Odd thing have then found female or couple request chat on kik. Cannot work this one out. Any ideas?

» Add a new message to this topic