FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Blocked!

Blocked!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was about to meet a woman this week. I have asked her very politely, to confirm whether she is STI free as I always play safe. I havent got a straight forward answer so I asked her again, however today she has blocked me for some reason! What does that mean?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

I think it's very clear why she has blocked you op

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I was about to meet a woman this week. I have asked her very politely, to confirm whether she is STI free as I always play safe. I havent got a straight forward answer so I asked her again, however today she has blocked me for some reason! What does that mean?"

It means she no longer wants to meet you

Some people may find it offensive to be asked about stis in quite such a straightforward way

I'd have to ask though, how would you confirm her or anyone else's status if they chose to answer that question and how would you prove to them subsequently that you are also free of any?

Is it unreasonable to ask someone you're about to casually fuck if they take an interest in their sexual health?

"Is it unreasonable to ask someone you're about to casually fuck if they take an interest in their sexual health? "

For that person,it seems it is.

"I was about to meet a woman this week. I have asked her very politely, to confirm whether she is STI free as I always play safe. I havent got a straight forward answer so I asked her again, however today she has blocked me for some reason! What does that mean?

Some people may find it offensive to be asked about stis in quite such a straightforward way

I'd have to ask though, how would you confirm her or anyone else's status if they chose to answer that question and how would you prove to them subsequently that you are also free of any?"

I just asked for an assurance and never asked for any test certificate, There is a risk factor but I trust what other people say! I cant understand what is wrong in asking as in her profile it clearly says she prefer barebacks so just thought to be safe

The conversation was flowing nicely and she was very chatty but avoided my query related to STI. All I wanted is just an assurance based on mutual trust !

It's an important topic to broach especially if someone likes to play bare but if you asked it in such a blunt manner I can see why it's caused offence.

"It's an important topic to broach especially if someone likes to play bare but if you asked it in such a blunt manner I can see why it's caused offence. "
no I asked very politely and not in a blunt manner

By always playing safe do you mean asking someone who plays bare if they are clean or using condoms?

If it is the second then why we're u thinking of playing bare with someone u don't know?

It isn't unreasonable to ask for info to calculate risk and if she blocked u u have had a narrow escape. I'd just move on from it and avoid barebacker if u want to play "safe".

"It's an important topic to broach especially if someone likes to play bare but if you asked it in such a blunt manner I can see why it's caused offence. no I asked very politely and not in a blunt manner "

Ok cool, that wasn't clear in your OP. Any mention of the words 'STI free' is going to cause offence.

"I was about to meet a woman this week. I have asked her very politely, to confirm whether she is STI free as I always play safe. I havent got a straight forward answer so I asked her again, however today she has blocked me for some reason! What does that mean?"
she took offence to being asked if she was diseased

"By always playing safe do you mean asking someone who plays bare if they are clean or using condoms?

If it is the second then why we're u thinking of playing bare with someone u don't know?

It isn't unreasonable to ask for info to calculate risk and if she blocked u u have had a narrow escape. I'd just move on from it and avoid barebacker if u want to play "safe"."

she was a barebacker but I am not. Agree I have to move on.

Your sexual health is your responsibility, no one elses. Assume everyone you meet does have an STI and you'll be fine.

She may have not been tested since her last bare encounter. She can't be 100% sure if she doesn't have anything.

"She is a bare backer....I am not"

Maybe that's why she doesn't want to play...? Maybe you shouldn't want to play with her?

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Your sexual health is your responsibility, no one elses. Assume everyone you meet does have an STI and you'll be fine. "

Cynical but wise.....

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"Your sexual health is your responsibility, no one elses. Assume everyone you meet does have an STI and you'll be fine. "

It ain't exactly nuclear physics

It's an incredibly stupid question to ask.

Did you confirm your own STI status?

"I was about to meet a woman this week. I have asked her very politely, to confirm whether she is STI free as I always play safe. I havent got a straight forward answer so I asked her again, however today she has blocked me for some reason! What does that mean?

Did you confirm your own STI status? "

yes I did

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

If you "always" play safe(you say)... Why would you even want to consider playing with someone asking for bareback?

If you just messaged literally asking if she had an STI then I can see why she would block you, it's a silly question to ask because how on earth can you be sure of a correct answer.

You can however ask these things in general chat without a blunt direct question. As the conversation was flowing why didn't you just throw in there that you always play safe and always use condoms. That way she knows there's no bareback on offer in this instance. Some people, rather than being hesitant just don't bother contacting or getting into possible meet conversations with people who bareback if they are so anti.

There isn't any complete safety guide, but you can only be responsible for your own sexual health and ensure you wear a condom with each partner.

Really, you have to ask? She's not interested op! Move on and don't waste a nano second more of your time worrying about it, life really is too short!

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

I'd have to ask though, how would you confirm her or anyone else's status if they chose to answer that question and how would you prove to them subsequently that you are also free of any?"

"If you "always" play safe(you say)... Why would you even want to consider playing with someone asking for bareback?"

This is what I can't understand, the only conclusion I can come to is that the OP would rather consider this because other meet chances may be limited.

To save embarrassment maybe there should be a tick box in preferences LOL

Sti free

Or

Got the clap

Sorry just making light of a crazy situation

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Is it unreasonable to ask someone you're about to casually fuck if they take an interest in their sexual health? "

Nothing.

It is OK to ask......but what makes you think you will get a 100% honest answer?

"Is it unreasonable to ask someone you're about to casually fuck if they take an interest in their sexual health?

Nothing.

It is OK to ask......but what makes you think you will get a 100% honest answer?"

As I mentioned just based on trust! Better than assuming I thought

You don't get a certificate from sexual health clinic but you do get a text

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Is it unreasonable to ask someone you're about to casually fuck if they take an interest in their sexual health?

Nothing.

It is OK to ask......but what makes you think you will get a 100% honest answer?

As I mentioned just based on trust! Better than assuming I thought"

seriously, if someone had an sti they wouldn't be playing until they had got it cleared up. If they where playing with an sti they are hardly going to tell you are they.

She either took offence or was a bloke...move on.

Nothing.

"Trust" isn't 100% "safe" might be wise to remember that

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Nothing.

You must ask anything you feel you need to ask, the other persons reaction to the question is beyond your control though.

you asked here, is it safe to assume just because you typed your sti free that its game on, some people will find that offensive, maybe you should of let here know you have txts on your phone to show you are clean without going into too much detail

"She either took offence or was a bloke...move on. "

So it was your first chance of a meet and you messed it up by your lack of tact.

Cockwomble.

What did you expect her to say? "I do have diseased genitals?"

What did you expect her to say? "I do have diseased genitals?""

At least an assurance or a vague I am not sure kind of a reply?

By *vgloryholebs16TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol.

I do exactly the same when someone asks me..Why would you ask? furthermore who is going to say,i am hiv positive,carrier of herpes,have gonnorhea and crabs thriving nicely???

A lot of people have never been tested and have infections..

Let us take responsibility for ourselves and assume everyone is positive and you will be ok...

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Nothing.

And I assume that I am unable to trust a complete stranger to be 100% truthful about their sexual health.

You tried to win brownie points by looking like you cared about sexual health and you made yourself look a jerk

Women are odd . Even they don't understand fully why they sometimes just lose interest in someone for the simplest of things

Nothing.

As I mentioned just based on trust! Better than assuming I thoughtseriously, if someone had an sti they wouldn't be playing until they had got it cleared up. If they where playing with an sti they are hardly going to tell you are they."

Unless it's herpes.

You tried to win brownie points by looking like you cared about sexual health and you made yourself look a jerk

Women are odd . Even they don't understand fully why they sometimes just lose interest in someone for the simplest of things "

I care a lot about these things, not pretending

Did you confirm your own STI status? yes I did"

"I do exactly the same when someone asks me..Why would you ask? furthermore who is going to say,i am hiv positive,carrier of herpes,have gonnorhea and crabs thriving nicely???

A lot of people have never been tested and have infections..

Let us take responsibility for ourselves and assume everyone is positive and you will be ok...

"

Loads of people using condoms never get tested because they think they are 'safe'.

Women are odd . Even they don't understand fully why they sometimes just lose interest in someone for the simplest of things

I care a lot about these things, not pretending "

Then don't agree to have sex with people that you know indulge in bare back. That does not put you in a safe position by any means, but certainly puts you in a safer position.

I really don't understand what you would hope to gain by asking the question, other than some vague self-induced sense of safety.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Safe sex is no sex, so you'll be safe, OP.

I care a lot about these things, not pretending "

Then I'm not sure why you even considered meeting someone who preferred bareback meets as someone else said. People get blocked every second on here for many different things, its life, its not personal so move on.

Then I'm not sure why you even considered meeting someone who preferred bareback meets as someone else said. People get blocked every second on here for many different things, its life, its not personal so move on."

She said shes ok with condom!

"Safe sex is no sex, so you'll be safe, OP. "

Lol

Then don't agree to have sex with people that you know indulge in bare back. That does not put you in a safe position by any means, but certainly puts you in a safer position.

I really don't understand what you would hope to gain by asking the question, other than some vague self-induced sense of safety."

As I mentioned better than nothing and assumptions

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I really don't understand what you would hope to gain by asking the question, other than some vague self-induced sense of safety.

As I mentioned better than nothing and assumptions"

Even if someone is fresh from the clinic with a shiny new text you can't be sure. Some sti have incubation periods and may not register on a test for a while - HIV being the biggie.

What about throat swabs? Not everyone gets those but many offer unprotected oral without a second thought.

Asking is possibly borderline offensive. Yes your sexual health is paramount but you have to weigh the risks against wanting to indulge in thr lifestyle. If you want to carry on then play as safe as you choose to but do it with all the information. If someone barebacks and you don't then decide if you are willing to indulge with them - demanding to know their test results is not helpful and you have no proof that they're telling the truth anyway.

Quick question OP: do you know about proper condom use? When and how to put it on? What might cause breakages or problems? What kind of fluids can transmit what diseases?

Lots of people whack a condom on and think they're safe. Condoms are not 100% and poor handling drops those percentages dramatically.

But on a different note

Women have this uncanny almost psychic sense

Perhaps she blocked you because she thought you would discuss her stuff in the forums if things went wrong

a crisp packet and a shoelace works far better than a condom

Even if someone is fresh from the clinic with a shiny new text you can't be sure. Some sti have incubation periods and may not register on a test for a while - HIV being the biggie.

What about throat swabs? Not everyone gets those but many offer unprotected oral without a second thought.

Asking is possibly borderline offensive. Yes your sexual health is paramount but you have to weigh the risks against wanting to indulge in thr lifestyle. If you want to carry on then play as safe as you choose to but do it with all the information. If someone barebacks and you don't then decide if you are willing to indulge with them - demanding to know their test results is not helpful and you have no proof that they're telling the truth anyway.

Quick question OP: do you know about proper condom use? When and how to put it on? What might cause breakages or problems? What kind of fluids can transmit what diseases?

Lots of people whack a condom on and think they're safe. Condoms are not 100% and poor handling drops those percentages dramatically."

Thanks for the detailed reply . Yes quite aware of its use. Never thought its 100 % protective but is by far the best we can try?

"But on a different note

Perhaps she blocked you because she thought you would discuss her stuff in the forums if things went wrong "

Hmm.. But she should have atleast said shes not sure and I would have avoided by all means. Thought people are open and straight.

"But on a different note

Perhaps she blocked you because she thought you would discuss her stuff in the forums if things went wrong

Hmm.. But she should have atleast said shes not sure and I would have avoided by all means. Thought people are open and straight."

You have much to learn! The long and short of it is she blocked you, get over it, NEXT!

"But on a different note

Hmm.. But she should have atleast said shes not sure and I would have avoided by all means. Thought people are open and straight.

You have much to learn! The long and short of it is she blocked you, get over it, NEXT! "

I agree so much to learn !

As I mentioned better than nothing and assumptions"

Let me put it in simple terms.

"Yes, I do bare back but I do not have a sexual disease," makes you feel better. OK.

Let me put it in simple terms.

"Yes, I do bare back but I do not have a sexual disease," makes you feel better. OK."

Thats the kind of answer which I was expecting, simple.

By *lorious hole bs16Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Dont fuck if your paranoid about std's...

Have you thought of all the things you can do without penetration?

Ask anyone who was sexually active in the early 80's during the last century...Yes we are old but we survived..

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

pretty obvious, she no likey and no wanty meet

pretty obvious, she no likey and no wanty meet "

Nah, she was feeling a bit itchy.

Trust.....did someone really say trust......I'm chattin to a guy who has been sayin for the last 9 months that has gunna meet me. App hes going to meet me this weekend! Yea I really trust him

By *-angel-XWoman  over a year ago

hell

I wouldn't go near anyone who only bb ! Or anyone with that amount of play meets either .

Always assume Someone has an sti and play as safe as you can

Mrs

As for the op......you say you always play "safe" but yet want to know her sti status. I know condoms ain't infalable but surly if your wanting to play "safe" n use a condom it souldnt be a question that needs askin

By *hrobinhoodMan  over a year ago

arnold, Nottingham

"As for the op......you say you always play "safe" but yet want to know her sti status. I know condoms ain't infalable but surly if your wanting to play "safe" n use a condom it souldnt be a question that needs askin "

Well condoms wont protect you either if you do blow jobs without one, So at the end of day it all comes down to trust!

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

OP, you can make a request to the moderators to delete this thread

I know the person you are referring to as do many others here. This is not fair on them as irrespective of what you may think of their actions, I bet they did not wish for a private communication to be made public

Hit the report button and make the request

"OP, you can make a request to the moderators to delete this thread

I know the person you are referring to as do many others here. This is not fair on them as irrespective of what you may think of their actions, I bet they did not wish for a private communication to be made public

Hit the report button and make the request"

And take it that when someone blocks you they are not interested, as you well knew, you were just venting your frustration in public which is unfair on the other person.

I'd have to ask though, how would you confirm her or anyone else's status if they chose to answer that question and how would you prove to them subsequently that you are also free of any? I just asked for an assurance and never asked for any test certificate, There is a risk factor but I trust what other people say! I cant understand what is wrong in asking as in her profile it clearly says she prefer barebacks so just thought to be safe "

how would you know she wasn't lying by saying she was clear of sti's? The only way would be a lie detector.

By *ad ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

There is a lot of great advice on this thread. What I don't understand is why a guy who plays as safe as possible would even consider meeting a woman with so many meets and veris and plays bareback.

I certainly wouldn't consider her. Think of the increased risk.

she might be the best ever, but I'd rather miss out.

I think the OP has had a lucky escape.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Ive removed posts and as the lady in question might not appreciate everyone discussing her in the forums Im closing this now sorry