FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Photo verified

Photo verified

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I think fab should make photo verification compulsory for everyone on the site and those wishing to join . It would sort out a lot of the fake couples and stop people using fake pictures.What's others opinion

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

No it wouldn't. People still upload fake pics. They don't have to show there face for photo verified pics so can still abuse it.

"No it wouldn't. People still upload fake pics. They don't have to show there face for photo verified pics so can still abuse it."

Thought you had to show hands and face , just think in light of what happened on p o f lately stronger measures need putting in place

By *irty130Couple  over a year ago

Bristol Area

All it does is prove that you are the sex you signed up as. You don't need to show your face, and no other pics are ever compared against it.

So it doesn't prove if you are timewasters or using fake pics, it just proves that you *are a woman* or for a couple, that there are 2 people, and one is male and one is female. Don't see the point really in photo-verifying as a man - Don't think anyone would need to pretend to be a single guy!

Thornton

Ok, recently a 40 year old photo verified guy contacted me. He was actually 17. He has contacted various members of the site.

He's also been banned various times but comes back with another, photo verified profile.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I think fab should make photo verification compulsory for everyone on the site and those wishing to join . It would sort out a lot of the fake couples and stop people using fake pictures.What's others opinion "

We are not photo verified but have a few meeting verifications. Does that scupper the theory?

"I think fab should make photo verification compulsory for everyone on the site and those wishing to join . It would sort out a lot of the fake couples and stop people using fake pictures.What's others opinion

We are not photo verified but have a few meeting verifications. Does that scupper the theory?"

Not at all how many single guys do you think are on here confessing to be a couple?

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"just think in light of what happened on p o f lately stronger measures need putting in place "

Why? Life can be dangerous, take some responsibility for yourself

Oh and all the other threads about this are full of suggestions why it wouldn't work anyway.

Grantham

"Not at all how many single guys do you think are on here confessing to be a couple?"

Loads, does it matter? Not really, just avoid them

Totally unnecessary

"I think fab should make photo verification compulsory for everyone on the site and those wishing to join . It would sort out a lot of the fake couples and stop people using fake pictures.What's others opinion

We are not photo verified but have a few meeting verifications. Does that scupper the theory?

Not at all how many single guys do you think are on here confessing to be a couple?"

So you would rather have faith in a photo verification? I am sure anything on t'interweb can be falsified.

Not at all how many single guys do you think

are on here confessing to be a couple?

Obviously you can't beat verification from other genuine couples and singles but it would be a starring point

So you would rather have faith in a photo verification? I am sure anything on t'interweb can be falsified."

By *inytitsbigcockCouple  over a year ago

glos

"I think fab should make photo verification compulsory for everyone on the site and those wishing to join . It would sort out a lot of the fake couples and stop people using fake pictures.What's others opinion "

with you on this can only help make fabs better

Thornton

with you on this can only help make fabs better"

How?

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

It would make fab worse as we would leave

Just block non verified people in your message filters.

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

"No it wouldn't. People still upload fake pics. They don't have to show there face for photo verified pics so can still abuse it.

Thought you had to show hands and face , just think in light of what happened on p o f lately stronger measures need putting in place "

I had to show my face and hands holding up my username to be pic verified so not sure why others don't have too.

I haven't been photo verified. I post up pics, they're all me and obviously all me. I have verifications. And if we're getting to the point where there could be a meet I'm happy to have a conversation over the phone or provide random pics to reassure anyone.

I don't think photo verification is as good as any of those things.

"No it wouldn't. People still upload fake pics. They don't have to show there face for photo verified pics so can still abuse it.

Thought you had to show hands and face , just think in light of what happened on p o f lately stronger measures need putting in place

I had to show my face and hands holding up my username to be pic verified so not sure why others don't have too."

You didn't have to do anything and it doesn't have to include your face, nude body is acceptable as well I believe.

By *reykiwi500Man  over a year ago

West Kent (near Tonbridge)

Don't understand why you don't have to show a face in your photo verify pic. Unless I've missed something, it seems a bit pointless to me otherwise.

Thornton

I had to show my face and hands holding up my username to be pic verified so not sure why others don't have too."

It says.... Photograph yourself holding the paper with hands showing. Photo should show your face OR full length nude.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Just block non verified people in your message filters."

Being photo verified is of no benefit at all and in no way reduces fakes, as other posts have explained.

Grantham

"

A great way to show you're genuine.

1: Write "FabSwingers.com" and your username "Kinky-Minx" on a piece of paper.

2: Photograph yourself holding the paper with hands showing. Photo should show your face or full length nude."

Grantham

I'm not doing it

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Don't understand why you don't have to show a face in your photo verify pic. Unless I've missed something, it seems a bit pointless to me otherwise."

It is pointless ...

"Just block non verified people in your message filters.

Being photo verified is of no benefit at all and in no way reduces fakes, as other posts have explained."

Gut instinct and common sense seems to work for me. Both photo verification and meet veris can be faked.

Even if someone is photo verified it doesn't mean they don't then use fake photos and hide the one they used for the veri. If you show your face in the photo it doesn't mean you can't use fake body pics and vice versa.

There's a couples account that I saw yesterday who have pics up of different fems with the man, clearly only one is the F of the account, but they were approved as it was a couple in the pic and Fab can't be sure who the actual partner is

It will be the ones that protest against photo verification or that aren't but been on here for years that will be fake trust me.

By *ola.Woman  over a year ago

Just where I need to be.

"It will be the ones that protest against photo verification or that aren't but been on here for years that will be fake trust me. "

I'm not photo verified and as far as I'm concerned not fake. I have never got round to doing it.I run my profile how I want and if people are so bothered by a photo verification than filters are good.

I've seen many photo verified profiles using stolen pics when reverse image searched. It means nothing.

By *usthere4uMan  over a year ago

North East

Yes.. Defenetly something need to be done with all this amont of fake profiles... We can do a petition to the Fab leader with some ideeas...

"It will be the ones that protest against photo verification or that aren't but been on here for years that will be fake trust me. "

What a load of rubbish!

Your 8 step programme;

Go to the forum search function.

Search "fake".

Count the number of threads.

Read the threads and count the number of people commenting.

Realise the futility of your idea.

Reset your filters.

Use common sense.

Be happy.

The end.

Thought you had to show hands and face , just think in light of what happened on p o f lately stronger measures need putting in place "

What happened on pof??

What happened on pof??"

Guy made fake profiles and raped 5 woman

What happened on pof??"

First rule of POF, what happens on POF stays on POF.

Thought that was match?

What happened on pof??

Guy made fake profiles and raped 5 woman "

How on earth would photo verification prevent that happening?!?!

[Removed by poster at 05/03/16 21:00:06]

What happened on pof??

Guy made fake profiles and raped 5 woman

How on earth would photo verification prevent that happening?!?!"

Who suggested it would ?

Not been photo verified and been on here a couple of years. No need to do it either as have plenty of verifications. We are not fake and simply prove it by skyping before a meet...simple!

"All it does is prove that you are the sex you signed up as. "

Would be good just for this, we get contacted a lot by "women" who are clearly just men trying to get pics.

M

Thornton

"Thought that was match?"

It was.

Why stronger measures?

What does this have to do with what happened on pof?

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

So.....I'm not photo verified so I'm a fake?

Hahahahahhahahahahahha

Why stronger measures?

What does this have to do with what happened on pof?"

Well let's hope it never happens to you cus I'm sure if it ever did you would be the first to

Complain

Hahahahahhahahahahahha "

Has anybody actually said that ? No

By *allipygousMan  over a year ago

Leicester

I'm glad photo verification isn't compulsory, otherwise it would be clear the handsome hunk in my profile pics aren't me.

Rubbish

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Fakes?

We aren't photo veried, does that mean we are fakes?

Photo veries are a complete waste of time, even I could fake one in a couple of minutes.

I wouldn;t want to meet someone who felt that my refusal to take a selfie with my profile name on it was the only way they could judge whether i was genuine

Why stronger measures?

Well let's hope it never happens to you cus I'm sure if it ever did you would be the first to

Complain"

Hopw what never happens? What is the POf reference about?

Brighton - even Hove!

Hahahahahhahahahahahha

Has anybody actually said that ? No"

It's why I put a question mark at the end to make sure the reader realised it was, in fact, a question. That also logically suggests an answer....

I don't understand how being photo verified would stop 'fakes'. All they will do is nick a pic off the internet.

Why stronger measures?

Sorry match .com guy set up false profiles and raped 5 woman

Complain

Hopw what never happens? What is the POf reference about?"

OK.. I say this on most of these threads..

On an old profile...

I spoke to a man.. Photo verified AND meet verified.. For 5 weeks.. Spoke on phone.. Used WhatsApp... He had full body and face pics on profile.....

I met him.... It WAS NOT the same person as in pictures..

I now do things differently..

Why stronger measures?

Complain

Hopw what never happens? What is the POf reference about?"

I'm missing how photo verification would or could stop someone raping someone they met on here?

Why stronger measures?

Complain

I'm missing how photo verification would or could stop someone raping someone they met on here?"

Me too.

Why stronger measures?

Complain

I'm missing how photo verification would or could stop someone raping someone they met on here?

Me too. "

Fuck me, look at the time, it's stupid o'clock.

Me three.......

Please explain how this would stop fakes.

Makes no difference as some pics are years old that people have been verified with .Had a few socials where I hardly recognised them.

Am I too late in the day to comment on how many profiles obviously have pictures off the net?

To be honest the only way your going to know if someone is real or not is go with your gut or meet them yourself. As you get idiot's giving out fake Veris just to help someone out and it always seems to be the same women that do it or as you say they have fake picture's, but why are the fake picture's getting through the moderators need to tighten their belts on that.

"To be honest the only way your going to know if someone is real or not is go with your gut or meet them yourself. As you get idiot's giving out fake Veris just to help someone out and it always seems to be the same women that do it or as you say they have fake picture's, but why are the fake picture's getting through the moderators need to tighten their belts on that."

Amen someone singing from the same song sheet

"To be honest the only way your going to know if someone is real or not is go with your gut or meet them yourself. As you get idiot's giving out fake Veris just to help someone out and it always seems to be the same women that do it or as you say they have fake picture's, but why are the fake picture's getting through the moderators need to tighten their belts on that."

I agree as I have done a few pics on pic reverse and one on hot pics last week was on 12 Internet sites .I recognised pic as it was used in a underwear catelogue.

You can hardly blame the Mods!

Surely it is all down to your own personal process of elimination and using filters to minimise the likelihood of coming across a fake?

I'm surprised you didn't generalise it and say ban single men too!

I'm not nor do I ever intend to be photo verified

"To be honest the only way your going to know if someone is real or not is go with your gut or meet them yourself. As you get idiot's giving out fake Veris just to help someone out and it always seems to be the same women that do it or as you say they have fake picture's, but why are the fake picture's getting through the moderators need to tighten their belts on that.

You can hardly blame the Mods!

Surely it is all down to your own personal process of elimination and using filters to minimise the likelihood of coming across a fake?

I'm surprised you didn't generalise it and say ban single men too!

I'm not nor do I ever intend to be photo verified"

And why can't you I've Heard some folk have had their pictures rejected for less yet the mod's can't do a check like us to see if a picture is fake or not ???

Brighton - even Hove!

[Removed by poster at 05/03/16 22:19:12]

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm not photo verified either and nor am I going to be. I'm part of the Rebel Alliance

I had a pic rejected as I was holding a watermelon over my face with sunglasses on .was my hands in it .

By *reenEyedWifeCouple  over a year ago

Market Harborough

I think an upload of pics followed by a visual Skype verification might install more confidence.

Having said that, after a few weeks you learn to spot the fakes and a quick call on FaceTime or the chat option here on Fab can easily prove that a person's identity here matches the person you are speaking to.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

" I've Heard some folk have had their pictures rejected for less yet the mod's can't do a check like us to see if a picture is fake or not ??? "

There's something like 10,000 pictures uploaded every day, and each one has to be approved by a picture-mod. The picture-mods are unpaid volunteers with real lives as well. I'm sure they do reverse image search some of the pictures, but to reverse image search all of them would require a lot of time, and a 'commercial' subscription to a reverse image search. If anyone is worried that they are being taken in by a so-called 'fake', just insist on seeing them on cam, before arranging a meet. People need to take some responsibility for choosing who to meet, not rely on the site, the moderators or the verification system. These are only PART of the process of deciding who to meet.

Works well for me, and in 4 years on this and other sites, I have never had a problem with a fake or timewaster.

By *ssexcokMan  over a year ago

southend

Yeah fed up with fakes an sould be 3 strikes an out for time wasters

its still possible to make fake photo verifcation accounts tho sadly

" I've Heard some folk have had their pictures rejected for less yet the mod's can't do a check like us to see if a picture is fake or not ???

There's something like 10,000 pictures uploaded every day, and each one has to be approved by a picture-mod. The picture-mods are unpaid volunteers with real lives as well. I'm sure they do reverse image search some of the pictures, but to reverse image search all of them would require a lot of time, and a 'commercial' subscription to a reverse image search. If anyone is worried that they are being taken in by a so-called 'fake', just insist on seeing them on cam, before arranging a meet. People need to take some responsibility for choosing who to meet, not rely on the site, the moderators or the verification system. These are only PART of the process of deciding who to meet.

Works well for me, and in 4 years on this and other sites, I have never had a problem with a fake or timewaster."

Well ain't you a lucky one, I've been on here for nearly 8 year and probably like most on here I've came across a fair few fakes or timewasters. But for the fake picture's they do need to crack down on it more.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

" Well ain't you a lucky one...."
No, that's exactly my point. I'm not 'lucky', I just take responsibility for my own decisions. I use the tools which the site gives us all, and I have my own additional criteria for deciding who to meet. I make good decisions. "Luck" doesn't come into it.

what happened on POF

By *allipygousMan  over a year ago

Leicester

" Well ain't you a lucky one.... No, that's exactly my point. I'm not 'lucky', I just take responsibility for my own decisions. I use the tools which the site gives us all, and I have my own additional criteria for deciding who to meet. I make good decisions. "Luck" doesn't come into it."

"Speak not in the ears of a fool, for they will despise the wisdom of your words"

Proverbs 23:9

" Well ain't you a lucky one.... No, that's exactly my point. I'm not 'lucky', I just take responsibility for my own decisions. I use the tools which the site gives us all, and I have my own additional criteria for deciding who to meet. I make good decisions. "Luck" doesn't come into it.

"Speak not in the ears of a fool, for they will despise the wisdom of your words"

Proverbs 23:9"

Hope your calling everyone on this thread a fool for voicing their opinion and not just me.

» Add a new message to this topic