FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Offending people

Offending people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have a singles profile. I'm quite "fussy" (someone else's words lol) about what I like. If I just delete/ignore someone as they aren't what I'm looking for or even if I message and send a polite thanks but no thanks I still sometimes receive rude messages calling me rude etc or coming up with stupid suggestions like "I can wear a wig" because I like long hair.

Ever think people just want to bang their heads against the wall? It really annoys me. Especially when you see threads pop up saying that people are rude back/ignore them. If people are going to ignore my profile why do they think they deserve a reply? (Genuine question that!)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hear what you're saying. I try to be really polite and answer people but get lots of abuse if that 'answer' is a thanks but no thanks.

"I have a singles profile. I'm quite "fussy" (someone else's words lol) about what I like. If I just delete/ignore someone as they aren't what I'm looking for or even if I message and send a polite thanks but no thanks I still sometimes receive rude messages calling me rude etc or coming up with stupid suggestions like "I can wear a wig" because I like long hair.

Ever think people just want to bang their heads against the wall? It really annoys me. Especially when you see threads pop up saying that people are rude back/ignore them. If people are going to ignore my profile why do they think they deserve a reply? (Genuine question that!)"

I think the issue you've raised is valid. If they ignore profile or are rude/don't write a decent message etc, then they deserve ignoring or even a rude reply depending on the circumstances.

What I can't fathom is when you read the profile and see if you match it. You do, so you see if you find them attractive. You do, so you send them a nice friendly message as an opening gambit. You then receive a tirade of abuse back and a block. Clever that!

Thats the reason why i hardly reply to people im not interested in, like this morning i politely told a guy sorry your not my type, and i gets asked why, so when i said i didnt fancy him i was called a few names he seemed to think that because i was on a sex site and he complimented me that it meant i had to meet him

I just delete and block its harsh but its the only way I find to stop it happening! It's not like it's a one off its constant! I feel a right bitch but it's not as if I haven't been pretty blatent in my profile what my preferences are x

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

block guys and do the searching, it may be less angst

"I have a singles profile. I'm quite "fussy" (someone else's words lol) about what I like. If I just delete/ignore someone as they aren't what I'm looking for or even if I message and send a polite thanks but no thanks I still sometimes receive rude messages calling me rude etc or coming up with stupid suggestions like "I can wear a wig" because I like long hair.

Ever think people just want to bang their heads against the wall? It really annoys me. Especially when you see threads pop up saying that people are rude back/ignore them. If people are going to ignore my profile why do they think they deserve a reply? (Genuine question that!)"

I'm always polite no matter what

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

[Removed by poster at 23/02/16 20:10:09]

Whats wrong with a guy wearing a wig ....its hair

I don't tend to reply and that way I don't get abuse.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"[Removed by poster at 23/02/16 20:10:09]"

Removed for cautionary measures

We either don't reply , or block those we aren't interested in . Simple .

It's what the site suggests , so why go through the grief ?

"We either don't reply , or block those we aren't interested in . Simple .

It's what the site suggests , so why go through the grief ?

"

Because they love it really

"[Removed by poster at 23/02/16 20:10:09]

Removed for cautionary measures "

Giggles

Think I might just do that xx

"Think I might just do that xx"

Best way. No comeback and you owe them nowt

"Thats the reason why i hardly reply to people im not interested in, like this morning i politely told a guy sorry your not my type, and i gets asked why, so when i said i didnt fancy him i was called a few names he seemed to think that because i was on a sex site and he complimented me that it meant i had to meet him "

Had the same yesterday!!

Saying that we will still say no thanks, doesn't take 10 seconds to type

By *edsBonkingMan  over a year ago

Near MK

I often read threads like this. Doesn't help us genuine guys who can accept a "no thanks" without throwing our toys out of the pram. They need to grow up. A relpy now and then would be nice thou. Lol. C'mon girls don't tar us all with the same brush.

"block guys and do the searching, it may be less angst "

Ever think people just want to bang their heads against the wall? It really annoys me. Especially when you see threads pop up saying that people are rude back/ignore them. If people are going to ignore my profile why do they think they deserve a reply? (Genuine question that!)

I often read threads like this. Doesn't help us genuine guys who can accept a "no thanks" without throwing our toys out of the pram. They need to grow up. A relpy now and then would be nice thou. Lol. C'mon girls don't tar us all with the same brush. "

It does help...sorts the trash out and makes the other guys look good

"Thats the reason why i hardly reply to people im not interested in, like this morning i politely told a guy sorry your not my type, and i gets asked why, so when i said i didnt fancy him i was called a few names he seemed to think that because i was on a sex site and he complimented me that it meant i had to meet him

Had the same yesterday!!

Saying that we will still say no thanks, doesn't take 10 seconds to type"

Yeah same but gets annoying when u get grief lol

I often read threads like this. Doesn't help us genuine guys who can accept a "no thanks" without throwing our toys out of the pram. They need to grow up. A relpy now and then would be nice thou. Lol. C'mon girls don't tar us all with the same brush.

It does help...sorts the trash out and makes the other guys look good"

I'll second that. If every guy was a suave perfect gent I'd be alot more concerned for not getting meets

"Thats the reason why i hardly reply to people im not interested in, like this morning i politely told a guy sorry your not my type, and i gets asked why, so when i said i didnt fancy him i was called a few names he seemed to think that because i was on a sex site and he complimented me that it meant i had to meet him

Had the same yesterday!!

Saying that we will still say no thanks, doesn't take 10 seconds to type"

But why.....

By *otgirl32Woman  over a year ago

Ashton Under Lyne

I receive so many messages (sometimes over a 100 per day). I can't possibly reply to all of them even though I'd like to. Have had to block a few - mostly because of peskiness (10 messages in half an hour type of stuff). Abuse happens sporadically - it's a simple block.

"Think I might just do that xx

Best way. No comeback and you owe them nowt "

Sounds silly but it's just manners I apply to the normal world that I've struggled to move onto fab. If someone messages me personally, I respond! Nothing to do with loving it if you could see some of the abuse I get!

Some people just enjoy making others feel rotten I don't enjoy that feeling or that line of thinking ,be polite if that's you ,you can't change how others will react but why change yourself to suit others

"Some people just enjoy making others feel rotten I don't enjoy that feeling or that line of thinking ,be polite if that's you ,you can't change how others will react but why change yourself to suit others "

Agreed... Will Continue to be nice and block those that abuse

Sounds silly but it's just manners I apply to the normal world that I've struggled to move onto fab. If someone messages me personally, I respond! Nothing to do with loving it if you could see some of the abuse I get! "

Fab is not the real world thou. But we all use the site in different ways

By *neeyedpirateMan  over a year ago

ask!

What annoys me is when people say nasty stuff that they wouldn't have half the guts to in real life. I say if you can't say it to their faces don't feel you need to on here c

Sounds silly but it's just manners I apply to the normal world that I've struggled to move onto fab. If someone messages me personally, I respond! Nothing to do with loving it if you could see some of the abuse I get!

Thanks for pointing that out! Hadn't realised that people don't expose their cocks and tits in the real world!! Haha. I know it's not the real world, I just said I've struggled to change my manners to suit this environment

Fab is not the real world thou. But we all use the site in different ways "

Fab is not the real world thou. But we all use the site in different ways "

ekkkkk this aint the knitting club forum then

"What annoys me is when people say nasty stuff that they wouldn't have half the guts to in real life. I say if you can't say it to their faces don't feel you need to on here c "

Yea no need for it

I've replied to millions of messages this week and not had one ounce of abuse. Perhaps they were relieved

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

By and large guys on here are perfectly polite.

I have some specific things I like but always get messages from guys who don't match.

But then I've had some great times with guys who don't match

ekkkkk this aint the knitting club forum then "

Haha... Those knitters are a kinky bunch so you never know

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"What annoys me is when people say nasty stuff that they wouldn't have half the guts to in real life. I say if you can't say it to their faces don't feel you need to on here c "

For many the best form of defence is attack. If a guy kicks off at me because I said no it tells me I was right to say no

Then I block him.

Perhaps that's because in many cases they'd be hit in RL?

"block guys and do the searching, it may be less angst "

But zero ego trip.

ekkkkk this aint the knitting club forum then "

Depends where your gonna stick them needles

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

"block guys and do the searching, it may be less angst

But zero ego trip. "

But zero ego trip. "

I don't want a pissing ego trip. I just want people to be polite.

"What annoys me is when people say nasty stuff that they wouldn't have half the guts to in real life. I say if you can't say it to their faces don't feel you need to on here c

Perhaps that's because in many cases they'd be hit in RL? "

Definitely.

But zero ego trip.

I don't want a pissing ego trip. I just want people to be polite. "

What we want people to behave like and what they actually behave like are two very different things.

I have to agree and ask..why don't you block single guys and do your own searching? It would eliminate your problem.

But zero ego trip.

I don't want a pissing ego trip. I just want people to be polite. "

If they are rude surely that's a good thing. They save you wasting any time chatting to them.

But zero ego trip.

What we want people to behave like and what they actually behave like are two very different things.

I have to agree and ask..why don't you block single guys and do your own searching? It would eliminate your problem. "

I think I am going to. But I don't have all day to search. It just makes me think why don't people just read the profile? I always read people's profile. For example if I read yours and thought oh he looks hot and I read that you don't like women over a size 12 (just an example) then I wouldn't bother you as I'm a 16. You know what I mean? X

we are just soooo used to being ignored and our mail getting deleted, even though we ALWAYS send a reply back, even if it's a no thank you

But zero ego trip.

I have to agree and ask..why don't you block single guys and do your own searching? It would eliminate your problem.

I think I am going to. But I don't have all day to search. It just makes me think why don't people just read the profile? I always read people's profile. For example if I read yours and thought oh he looks hot and I read that you don't like women over a size 12 (just an example) then I wouldn't bother you as I'm a 16. You know what I mean? X"

Yeah in an ideal world everyone would read profiles..pay attention and respect our wishes and all that but some don't and that's the way it'll probably stay. It's the nature of sites like this...people often think with their bits before their heads

So yeah...block perhaps and just search as and when you can and when the inclination takes you.

seems the least frustrating way if unsuitable people keep annoying you.

Generally speaking, a polite 'no thank you' tends to get an equally polite 'no worries thanks for responding'. A few magic up a previously unspoken of lady friend and try to pass themselves off as a couple *yawn* a few ask 'whyyyyyyyy?', some try to warn me I could be missing out on the shag of the century etc. Any of the above just get ignored. The tiny handful of genuinely unpleasant/abusive tantrums get reported and blocked. Simples.

Haha... Those knitters are a kinky bunch so you never know "

and whatever you do don't, even though you are allowed to take you're knitting needles out on a plane some people here are scared of them

By *andb69Couple  over a year ago

leeds

I always try to reply politely except to the "hi how r u" type of messages, only a couple of times have I had any sort of abuse or negativity back - and one of those was from a man who got upset because I told him the picture he sent of his cock fucking a mushroom (!) Didn't turn me on.

I do believe I've seen this same mushroom....

By *erfectman122Man  over a year ago

from somewhere nice

Politness costs nothing a no thank you is fine

"Politness costs nothing a no thank you is fine "

Tell that to the ones who them guve you grief when you tell them no.. puts me off replying

We always reply politely to messages when we know they have read our profile and made an effort themselves , others we just delete buy can honestly say not one abusive message yet . Sometimes it maybe the way you say no that gets there back up

Absolute agree with you Hun, it's always those with one tracked minds that think it's their way or tantrum storm erupts.

Yeah that's very true, shows how these "keyboard warriors" have to courage or manners to try and repeat the same cause of action in real life. (Coz they know they'll get a beating left right and centre)

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

north of lincoln

Would be great on this kind of thread if we could put up screen shots of the messages we get sent and also allow the senders to show the messages they have sent to other people . And see if they match . Bet half the people that moan their messages are deleted have sent a pile of crap to hundreds of people and haven't met their requirements. .

"What annoys me is when people say nasty stuff that they wouldn't have half the guts to in real life. I say if you can't say it to their faces don't feel you need to on here c

Yeah that's very true, shows how these "keyboard warriors" have to courage or manners to try and repeat the same cause of action in real life. (Coz they know they'll get a beating left right and centre) "

Yea with a wet fish so BEWARE keyboard warriors you have been warned

"Would be great on this kind of thread if we could put up screen shots of the messages we get sent and also allow the senders to show the messages they have sent to other people . And see if they match . Bet half the people that moan their messages are deleted have sent a pile of crap to hundreds of people and haven't met their requirements. . "

"Would be great on this kind of thread if we could put up screen shots of the messages we get sent and also allow the senders to show the messages they have sent to other people . And see if they match . Bet half the people that moan their messages are deleted have sent a pile of crap to hundreds of people and haven't met their requirements. . "
copy and paste messages

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

north of lincoln

"Would be great on this kind of thread if we could put up screen shots of the messages we get sent and also allow the senders to show the messages they have sent to other people . And see if they match . Bet half the people that moan their messages are deleted have sent a pile of crap to hundreds of people and haven't met their requirements. . copy and paste messages "

I meant of the whole page with all the messages in _iew . Like when you first click on mail and mail sent

"Politness costs nothing a no thank you is fine "

It costs me my time...

I take my filters off of a night.. I do it because someone may message me who I might of missed while looking myself... If they have read profile and sent a face pic (which I ask for in profile).. I will reply...If their profile has intrigued me and they haven't sent a pic.. I'll ask for one... Yet even those people who get replied to with a no thank you ... Many of them have come back with...

Aww but why..

It's not me anyway.. You're a Pic collector!..

Or something nasty.

I even thank people for excepting my no thankyou graciously.. Because it doesn't happen often.

At the end of the day.. No reply =no thank you.. And people can ignore or reply to who they want.. And shouldn't be made to feel bad for how they use their time on the site

Haha... Those knitters are a kinky bunch so you never know "

just making a Shaun the Sheep in BDSM outfit

Yeah I've said no thanks very politely before and just get abuse back. I'm now just gonna delete things.

I want to be polite but unfortunately the idiots and abusive people ruin it for everyone else.

By *halMan  over a year ago

North West

"Yeah I've said no thanks very politely before and just get abuse back. I'm now just gonna delete things.

I want to be polite but unfortunately the idiots and abusive people ruin it for everyone else."

Yes if you get abuse after a no thanks then block fair enough,but a straight block before any form of abuse is that really fair? Just saying

"Yeah I've said no thanks very politely before and just get abuse back. I'm now just gonna delete things.

I want to be polite but unfortunately the idiots and abusive people ruin it for everyone else.

Yes if you get abuse after a no thanks then block fair enough,but a straight block before any form of abuse is that really fair? Just saying"

If they are never going to meet that person then yes it's fair.. Saves them coming up on searches the repeat messaging

Yes if you get abuse after a no thanks then block fair enough,but a straight block before any form of abuse is that really fair? Just saying

If they are never going to meet that person then yes it's fair.. Saves them coming up on searches the repeat messaging "

*and not the

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I ignore messages from people who obviously haven't read my profile. I don't even think about them after I've deleted their message.

By *halMan  over a year ago

North West

If they are never going to meet that person then yes it's fair.. Saves them coming up on searches the repeat messaging "

Fair play but if they have spent a lot of time in sending a message etc isn't it nice to at least send a " No Thanks" First maybe?

If they are never going to meet that person then yes it's fair.. Saves them coming up on searches the repeat messaging

Fair play but if they have spent a lot of time in sending a message etc isn't it nice to at least send a " No Thanks" First maybe?"

I see your point of _iew but I'm sorry but SOMETIMES after you send a polite "I appreciate your message and the effort but you're not my type, good luck in your search" or ignore the message you get a barrage of abuse calling you fussy, a cunt, fat, twat, bitch etc. If I'm never going to meet someone I'm not gonna bother. And if these knob heads messaging me haven't read my profile which states CLEARLY that I only want to meet men with long hair (NO WIGS THANKS) then why should I bother replying as they clearly haven't bothered to read my profile/think it doesn't apply to them.

Fair play but if they have spent a lot of time in sending a message etc isn't it nice to at least send a " No Thanks" First maybe?

I see your point of _iew but I'm sorry but SOMETIMES after you send a polite "I appreciate your message and the effort but you're not my type, good luck in your search" or ignore the message you get a barrage of abuse calling you fussy, a cunt, fat, twat, bitch etc. If I'm never going to meet someone I'm not gonna bother. And if these knob heads messaging me haven't read my profile which states CLEARLY that I only want to meet men with long hair (NO WIGS THANKS) then why should I bother replying as they clearly haven't bothered to read my profile/think it doesn't apply to them. "

hey as guys we are not on the receiving end of this abuse and I can see that it is abuse so quite rightly a block seems the obvious solution but a minority once again make a decision about many ,we all have different taste and judging a person sometimes only from one text message does seem a little harsh at times but its a difficult site to manoeuvre sometimes women get too many messages and men don't get enough replies and conversations can be non existent even with established friends because of volume of messages but abuse is abuse and the only way is a block

I see your point of _iew but I'm sorry but SOMETIMES after you send a polite "I appreciate your message and the effort but you're not my type, good luck in your search" or ignore the message you get a barrage of abuse calling you fussy, a cunt, fat, twat, bitch etc. If I'm never going to meet someone I'm not gonna bother. And if these knob heads messaging me haven't read my profile which states CLEARLY that I only want to meet men with long hair (NO WIGS THANKS) then why should I bother replying as they clearly haven't bothered to read my profile/think it doesn't apply to them. hey as guys we are not on the receiving end of this abuse and I can see that it is abuse so quite rightly a block seems the obvious solution but a minority once again make a decision about many ,we all have different taste and judging a person sometimes only from one text message does seem a little harsh at times but its a difficult site to manoeuvre sometimes women get too many messages and men don't get enough replies and conversations can be non existent even with established friends because of volume of messages but abuse is abuse and the only way is a block "

I honestly don't like blocking people who haven't sent abuse (yet) but they should read my profile. I'm now referring them to this thread and blocking so they at least see why they are blocked.

No problem thank u

Xxxx

Fair play but if they have spent a lot of time in sending a message etc isn't it nice to at least send a " No Thanks" First maybe?"

I reply to everyone who has read profile.. If they have also sent a face pic and match what I'm looking for.. And I am what they are looking for.. If they have read profile and ignored that we don't match then I don't reply either.

I sent out a polite no thanks message this morning and thanked them for a compliment.... And I got told I was too vanilla and needy anyway...

I reply to everyone who has read profile.. If they have also sent a face pic and match what I'm looking for.. And I am what they are looking for.. If they have read profile and ignored that we don't match then I don't reply either.

I sent out a polite no thanks message this morning and thanked them for a compliment.... And I got told I was too vanilla and needy anyway... "

It's ridiculous isn't it. 99% haven't read my profile. I seriously can't be assed anymore lol

Okay so I message you and get blocked how does that work

I see your point of _iew but I'm sorry but SOMETIMES after you send a polite "I appreciate your message and the effort but you're not my type, good luck in your search" or ignore the message you get a barrage of abuse calling you fussy, a cunt, fat, twat, bitch etc. If I'm never going to meet someone I'm not gonna bother. And if these knob heads messaging me haven't read my profile which states CLEARLY that I only want to meet men with long hair (NO WIGS THANKS) then why should I bother replying as they clearly haven't bothered to read my profile/think it doesn't apply to them. hey as guys we are not on the receiving end of this abuse and I can see that it is abuse so quite rightly a block seems the obvious solution but a minority once again make a decision about many ,we all have different taste and judging a person sometimes only from one text message does seem a little harsh at times but its a difficult site to manoeuvre sometimes women get too many messages and men don't get enough replies and conversations can be non existent even with established friends because of volume of messages but abuse is abuse and the only way is a block

I honestly don't like blocking people who haven't sent abuse (yet) but they should read my profile. I'm now referring them to this thread and blocking so they at least see why they are blocked. "

yes I don't like blocking why burn bridges I've only had a few abusive messages from women on here but even then don't block figure that will be the end but understand what you are saying good luck hopefully you won't get anymore

Did you read this thread???? This is exactly what I'm talking about.

I sent out a polite no thanks message this morning and thanked them for a compliment.... And I got told I was too vanilla and needy anyway...

It's ridiculous isn't it. 99% haven't read my profile. I seriously can't be assed anymore lol"

It just makes me laugh.. It takes a lot to upset me.. I'm on this site to have fun.. Not to pander to those who can't accept rejection.. The ones that make me laugh most are the ones that don't read profile but expect you to have read theirs

"No problem thank u "

Are you sat on a toilet?

By *rnortholtMan  over a year ago

E Suffolk

Let me say first, I know how this place works.

But blow me, there is a lot of passive aggressive!

We all get messages from people who don't interest us. I always send a polite, brief, thanks but no. Only if they pester do I consider blocking.

Those who send crappy responses to their knock-backs - one would hope - would in real life move on rather than wandering round to your front door and demanding to know why you wouldn't give them a blow-job.

But there again do any of us completely blank people in clubs who when they've asked to join in have been told no thanks and then taken themselves off to another room?

The block button is the virtual world equivalent of the hijab. It says as much about those who use much of the time as it does about those who it's used to counter.

There, bet this earns me a few blocks. Go on prove me wrong!

By *anklerMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

"I always try to reply politely except to the "hi how r u" type of messages, only a couple of times have I had any sort of abuse or negativity back - and one of those was from a man who got upset because I told him the picture he sent of his cock fucking a mushroom (!) Didn't turn me on."

Fucking a mushroom?

What?

Couldn't remotely careless about upsetting people I have or will never meet online from a sex site .

People need to grow thick skin or not play with grown ups .

Block Delete as many have said .

» Add a new message to this topic