FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Giving out phone number

Giving out phone number

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *at899 OP   Woman  over a year ago

cumbria

What are people's thoughts of giving out your phone number to somebody you have only chatted to a few times?

I have been told that I am fake as I won't give my personal number out. (Although looking back he has never actually asked me yet) Oh!!! And I am too fit and good looking for this site so I'm too good to be true as I can get anybody want off this site.

What are your thoughts on giving out your personal number?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you like the guy I don't see problem if you don't move on and if you are too good looking for this site can I have a date please

Why not ask the other person for their phone number. I understand not a lot of people do want to especially girls as majority of guys on this site are cocks. If they are genuine you could always phone them and withhold your number until you feel comfortable and confident enough x x

I agree with the post above OP

"What are people's thoughts of giving out your phone number to somebody you have only chatted to a few times?

I have been told that I am fake as I won't give my personal number out. (Although looking back he has never actually asked me yet) Oh!!! And I am too fit and good looking for this site so I'm too good to be true as I can get anybody want off this site.

What are your thoughts on giving out your personal number?"

do what you feel is safe for you and don't let anybody change your mind x

Maybe offer to chat on another media like kik or yahoo messenger.

This way you can chat and send face pics with date and time to prove you are real.

Then, when you're ready to, perhaps swap numbers then?

There is always skype too - providing you both have a cam.

Message me privately if you fancy chatting on kik.

Bri

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

If you are wanting to chat to each other away from here then try the safer option of kik.

its pretty similar, instant chatting, able to send pics etc, you only give out your username.

giving number out if you both have facebook and whats app apps on your phone will mean you will appear in their "people you may know" (its happening a lot now face book own whats app so they sync them).

Which is a bit of a chance if its somone you only just met from a site of this type.

best of luck which ever you decide

"What are people's thoughts of giving out your phone number to somebody you have only chatted to a few times?

You have to do whats best and safest for you, dont feel pressured into giving it out if you dont want to

As others said there are alternative ways to contact folk that dont require phone number, look into those maybe when you do want to speak more

Do not do anything ur not comfortable with. Him sayin ur fake is bully boy playground tactics. I have a ten pounds bagain bucket fone for this site and regularly proved by men that i do right not to give out proper number (some have it who i really trust )

cumbria

I did not say I want his number I asked what are your thoughts of giving out your number.? I will certainly not be giving him my number as its amazing what you can find out having somebody's number. I personally will only give my number out during a meet if we get on and I'm not desperate enough to have a 2nd phone.

Well theirs the answer she's not giving it out and I don't blame you

I don't give out my phone number. Here or kik is going to get the same speed of response, so I don't see the problem.

cumbria

Oh no it's phone number or nothing because people like me shouldn't be on here. I'm not bothered it's his loss. I use kik on here as yes I do think it is a lot safer but he made out that I'm the only one that won't give me number out and that is odd therefore I'm fake. I am just curious and wanted to know people's thoughts about giving it out.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

After being stalked I don't give my number out unless we've met for coffee and met for play and I've decided I'd like there to be repeat meets and I'm comfortable with him having my number.

Everyone has a smartphone these days so checking into fab is easy so I keep all my messaging on here. If anyone has a problem with that then that's fine, time to say bye and move on.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I've given my mobile out to two people. If they abuse that privilege then they'll get blocked on phone and on here.

"Oh no it's phone number or nothing because people like me shouldn't be on here. I'm not bothered it's his loss. I use kik on here as yes I do think it is a lot safer but he made out that I'm the only one that won't give me number out and that is odd therefore I'm fake. I am just curious and wanted to know people's thoughts about giving it out. "
can I ask why you show a footballer in only pic you have ,why no pics of you ,hey many women won't give phone number out and its your experience do as you want just forget him

By *ransGuyTV/TS  over a year ago

Cardiff

"I did not say I want his number I asked what are your thoughts of giving out your number.? I will certainly not be giving him my number as its amazing what you can find out having somebody's number. I personally will only give my number out during a meet if we get on and I'm not desperate enough to have a 2nd phone.

"

And that's the reason why I don't give out my number, it can be linked to too many things and with apps like Kik around there is no need to give out a personal number.

Plus I HATE talking on a phone.

By *ransGuyTV/TS  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Oh no it's phone number or nothing because people like me shouldn't be on here. I'm not bothered it's his loss. I use kik on here as yes I do think it is a lot safer but he made out that I'm the only one that won't give me number out and that is odd therefore I'm fake. I am just curious and wanted to know people's thoughts about giving it out. can I ask why you show a footballer in only pic you have ,why no pics of you ,hey many women won't give phone number out and its your experience do as you want just forget him "

Maybe because that is her?

By *estsideukMan  over a year ago

Hatfield area

Rarely give out number now due to a few nutters. I use kik or Skype. You can ask the person to record and send a specific video if they won't speak on the phone (though you have to wonder why...)

Note that if stores the number on his phone, then Facebook will suggest you as a friend. Discovered at least one potential meet was 15 years older than she said, not called what she said, etc etc.

Didn't matter, more that if you want to keep lives separate or private, don't give out your number!

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

We have a phone just for this at the end of the day you don,t know who you are giving your number to and who else they give your number to. We have had text and call,s at all sort of time,s so we always leave it at home when not looking for fun.

I have only given my number to a couple of guys from the site, and refused to give it plenty of times.

I don't think it is any way desperate to have a 2nd phone for this purpose though. It's a safer option if you do wish to talk to someone before meeting, or wish to be able to text to confirm a meet without the problems of them having your main number.

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

I don't give out my cellphone number

I want to see him on Skype before meeting. I don't want to end up meeting Darth Vader

"Why not ask the other person for their phone number. I understand not a lot of people do want to especially girls as majority of guys on this site are cocks. If they are genuine you could always phone them and withhold your number until you feel comfortable and confident enough x x"

speak for yourself kid

am a proper gent me like

"Oh no it's phone number or nothing because people like me shouldn't be on here. I'm not bothered it's his loss. I use kik on here as yes I do think it is a lot safer but he made out that I'm the only one that won't give me number out and that is odd therefore I'm fake. I am just curious and wanted to know people's thoughts about giving it out. can I ask why you show a footballer in only pic you have ,why no pics of you ,hey many women won't give phone number out and its your experience do as you want just forget him

Maybe because that is her?"

well that's what I was asking in round about way but that pic gives no indication too dark

By *orders-cplCouple  over a year ago

middx cpl

we gave out our number to a guy was ok at first then he started to phone us in the early hours 2am in the morning saying he was horny. had to change number. now have a second phone pay as you go for swinging

By *andaCouple  over a year ago

co down

Don't let anyone pressurise you in to do doing something you're not comfortable with. If the person doesn't believe you, it's their problem.

We have a separate phone with pay as you go sim for fab contacts. We can just use it as and when we're making a new contact. Easy to change if your getting any trouble.

Mines just a cheap five pound phone.

Works for us

Wembley

"Why not ask the other person for their phone number. I understand not a lot of people do want to especially girls as majority of guys on this site are cocks. If they are genuine you could always phone them and withhold your number until you feel comfortable and confident enough x x

speak for yourself kid

am a proper gent me like "

Fred West and 'wifey' used that line too, very successfully, as a lot of silly women believed it

We don't give out a number to someone until we intend to meet them. Giving our number to random internet strangers en masse is not out thing !

Lots on here have naughty phones - cheap pay as you go.

If you're unsure don't give it out! But even if you do , you can block a number.

Personally , if I was meeting without B, I do like a phone chat first to establish someone is real. I can see if we sound like we would get on and you can find out more, a lot quicker via a phone chat.

Sarah

"Why not ask the other person for their phone number. I understand not a lot of people do want to especially girls as majority of guys on this site are cocks. If they are genuine you could always phone them and withhold your number until you feel comfortable and confident enough x x

speak for yourself kid

am a proper gent me like

Fred West and 'wifey' used that line too, very successfully, as a lot of silly women believed it "

you not the trusting type babe

you've not met the one they all want tbf

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

We've always used a cheap prepaid mobile just for playing, safer and saves any hassle in the real world. Over the years most folks we've spoken to are sane and sensible, but has proved useful a couple of time with an ID 10 T.

I only give my number to someone I'm quite sure I'm actually going to meet, or have already met. Otherwise I keep all the communication on here. I also can't be arsed with 'proving' myself to anyone so I won't go on cam, or Skype, or display my verifications - if they decide that makes me fake that's their problem not mine.

"Lots on here have naughty phones - cheap pay as you go.

If you're unsure don't give it out! But even if you do , you can block a number.

Personally , if I was meeting without B, I do like a phone chat first to establish someone is real. I can see if we sound like we would get on and you can find out more, a lot quicker via a phone chat.

Sarah "

yes a phone call is a great way to tell if conversation will flow

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"Oh no it's phone number or nothing because people like me shouldn't be on here. I'm not bothered it's his loss. I use kik on here as yes I do think it is a lot safer but he made out that I'm the only one that won't give me number out and that is odd therefore I'm fake. I am just curious and wanted to know people's thoughts about giving it out. "

I must be quite thick "people like you" ????

Best to have a separate "fab phone".

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

I have given out my number a couple of times in the past,but not now. Everything is kik or here.

"Rarely give out number now due to a few nutters. I use kik or Skype. You can ask the person to record and send a specific video if they won't speak on the phone (though you have to wonder why...)"

I won't record videos for people or speak on the phone.

You don't have to wonder why - it's because I don't like speaking on the phone.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

I will not give my number out on here ....no kik ....snapchat .... facebook ... skype .....all a big fat no .....

I almost never give out my phone number. Usually only people I've met before or people I'm only going to meet socially get my phone number. Otherwise we can talk on here or kik.

If they don't like it, then I don't give it a second thought. It sounds like this has bothered you more than it should. Just move on and find someone else.

-Courtney

Personally I don't give out my number after a whole load of hassle I had. The only time they get it is after we have met for drink and I know we are both going to meet again. If someone wants to know I'm genuine and want a chat then by all means they can give me thier number and I will call them but withhold my number.

Having a second phone - I think works best for fab or kik

I don't give my number out until we have skyped 1st and arranged a meet

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Rarely give out our phone number. If we do, it's once we've confirmed an actual meet.

Anyone who pesters us by keep ringing or sending sexy texts, just get blocked.

I/we won't prove that we're real by doing certain things like going on cam, sending a recording etc. If some people think we're fake because of it, oh well! Can't say we lose any sleep over it.

I never do even if I like them...

Kik is as close to my phone as any stranger will get lol

cumbria

"Oh no it's phone number or nothing because people like me shouldn't be on here. I'm not bothered it's his loss. I use kik on here as yes I do think it is a lot safer but he made out that I'm the only one that won't give me number out and that is odd therefore I'm fake. I am just curious and wanted to know people's thoughts about giving it out. can I ask why you show a footballer in only pic you have ,why no pics of you ,hey many women won't give phone number out and its your experience do as you want just forget him "

I have only recently hidden my photos. That footballer is me (and as far as I'm aware my profile photo does not break any site rules and you don't have to have a seductive photo on here just because it's a sex site. I just think if any guy messages me seeing my profile then we are more likely to get on and have things in common.

Hope this answers your question

cumbria

"Oh no it's phone number or nothing because people like me shouldn't be on here. I'm not bothered it's his loss. I use kik on here as yes I do think it is a lot safer but he made out that I'm the only one that won't give me number out and that is odd therefore I'm fake. I am just curious and wanted to know people's thoughts about giving it out. can I ask why you show a footballer in only pic you have ,why no pics of you ,hey many women won't give phone number out and its your experience do as you want just forget him

I have only recently hidden my photos. That footballer is me (and as far as I'm aware my profile photo does not break any site rules and you don't have to have a seductive photo on here just because it's a sex site. I just think if any guy messages me seeing my profile then we are more likely to get on and have things in common.

Hope this answers your question"

Oh and after being told I'm that too fit and good looking to be on here I hid them.

If I want to chat outside of fab I use kik, if I intend in meeting then I use Whatssapp x

No never until you meet that person or others in person. With the likes of kik etc, a woman doesn't need to hand over her personal information to anyone. As a woman on a Sex site, your safety must come first. Doesn't matter if you can block the guys number, if he's dodgy then that's to late. Kik is perfectly fine. If guys get all arsey over that then hey alarm bells should ring. Delete him and move on to someone more respectful and understanding of your needs to keep yourself safe. There's no harm in that!

We would never meet anyone unless we have spoken on the phone. Also we will not accept with held numbers.

I a guy wants to meet us and share my wife then we at least want a phone number and chat.

I appreciate some have concerns about privacy but buying a cheap pre paid mobile solves that problem.

There are simply to many fakes and timewasters on this site to accept any excuses about not providing numbers.

The OP raises a good point in that once you cross that line with personal contact details, you can leave yourself open

Those that have known me for years on here know that I was badly stalked by a female on here (long storey already posted previously)it was made worse by fact she knew were I worked and had my mobile number

So now, before I even think about exchanging mob numbers, I would have at least chatted for a while to get to trust each other and then its a social meet first

"After being stalked I don't give my number out unless we've met for coffee and met for play and I've decided I'd like there to be repeat meets and I'm comfortable with him having my number.

Everyone has a smartphone these days so checking into fab is easy so I keep all my messaging on here. If anyone has a problem with that then that's fine, time to say bye and move on. "

Exactly

ps; in regards to fakes and timewasters - that is always going to be a problem and at some stage you need to make a judgment on best way to proceed - I find that by asking for a social meeting first (chat over coffee etc), tends to sort the timewasters out quickly

Oh and after being told I'm that too fit and good looking to be on here I hid them.

"

Think we've all been told that

"We would never meet anyone unless we have spoken on the phone. Also we will not accept with held numbers.

I a guy wants to meet us and share my wife then we at least want a phone number and chat.

I appreciate some have concerns about privacy but buying a cheap pre paid mobile solves that problem.

There are simply to many fakes and timewasters on this site to accept any excuses about not providing numbers."

Tough! You're a couple so safety in numbers and all that jazz. As a single woman I have to check these guys for myself. I have no male partner to hide behind for protection etc if the guy turns out to be someone he isn't. Had too many socials to know some guys turn up looking ad sounding nothing like their profile pics/profile itself. I'm not risking anything it for the sake of Sex! If the guy wants it, he should show respect by not demanding my number if I ask for kik instead. It's not difficult and that doesn't make me fake!

By *emel9Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

This has probably already been said but for me it is simple...

This is supposed to be fun and safe...until you know someone well then why would you give out a number to a practical stranger, meaning they can contact you any time day or night.

Chat here, use KIK for anonymous messages outside of here, and when you feel totally comfortable share your number.

I'd add that I'd rarely meet 1 to 1 without a contact number, only do if meeting somewhere very convenient....if meeting at a club I don't bother as you are at the club chilling anyway.

I'd also add..why give your number to someone who can so quickly claim you are fake or not real...why would you want to meet such a person let alone share personal details?

"This has probably already been said but for me it is simple...

This is supposed to be fun and safe...until you know someone well then why would you give out a number to a practical stranger, meaning they can contact you any time day or night.

Chat here, use KIK for anonymous messages outside of here, and when you feel totally comfortable share your number.

I'd add that I'd rarely meet 1 to 1 without a contact number, only do if meeting somewhere very convenient....if meeting at a club I don't bother as you are at the club chilling anyway.

I'd also add..why give your number to someone who can so quickly claim you are fake or not real...why would you want to meet such a person let alone share personal details?"

Well said Sir! Xx.

All this nonsense about buying prepaid cheap phones to keep in touch... why should we buy that. Why should we continue to spend money on top ups as well. Kik is a free app. It's so easy to download and if a person doesn't want it then delete the app after they've met in person. Easy peasy and no hassle at all.

By *emel9Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

"

Well said Sir! Xx.

All this nonsense about buying prepaid cheap phones to keep in touch... why should we buy that. Why should we continue to spend money on top ups as well. Kik is a free app. It's so easy to download and if a person doesn't want it then delete the app after they've met in person. Easy peasy and no hassle at all. "

Exactly...that's what delete and block are for...and as a general comment...if you can't respect someones caution in giving out a number then you wouldn't respect them during a meet....def a no no for me.

By *encarolCouple  over a year ago

Tyneside

I / wE only give out my number when we feel compfy,

I never give out Carols number .

Had hasstle before of some idiot

By *otgirl32Woman  over a year ago

Ashton Under Lyne

My rule is simple - phone number swap just before meeting. Conversation here in the interim. Has worked for me well

I'm happy to give out my number prior to a meet, but otherwise no.

Some people have a swing phone for that sort of thing, I used to in the past.

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

I wont meet anyone that wont give out their number, i use it as part of my verification method in choosing who i meet, and im not interested in those that that hide behind usernames on kik.

My method works for me, what i have found on the whole those wanting kik and not number exchange generally turn out to be the not single guys

Burbage

"If you are wanting to chat to each other away from here then try the safer option of kik.

its pretty similar, instant chatting, able to send pics etc, you only give out your username.

giving number out if you both have facebook and whats app apps on your phone will mean you will appear in their "people you may know" (its happening a lot now face book own whats app so they sync them).

Which is a bit of a chance if its somone you only just met from a site of this type.

best of luck which ever you decide "

Only syncs if your number is in facebook profile, though again its another good tool for spotting the "single" men, quite a few have there numbers stored on facebook then show on my list of people i may know, more often than not there profile pic is a pic from there wedding day

"We would never meet anyone unless we have spoken on the phone. Also we will not accept with held numbers.

There are simply to many fakes and timewasters on this site to accept any excuses about not providing numbers."

And I would never meet anyone who demanded to have a phone number or speak to me first. I'm neither a fake or a timewaster, I'm just not prepared to do that. If that means I miss out on people who aren't convinced I'm real, I'm totally fine with that.

Burbage

"After being stalked I don't give my number out unless we've met for coffee and met for play and I've decided I'd like there to be repeat meets and I'm comfortable with him having my number.

Everyone has a smartphone these days so checking into fab is easy so I keep all my messaging on here. If anyone has a problem with that then that's fine, time to say bye and move on. "

Smartphones are also great for blocking numbers too

I rarely give my number out .I do all my talking on here.never been called a fake yet

"

as I am " the special one" in forums can you send me a pic please

I give my number when I'm ready to.

By *a petite madameWoman  over a year ago

London / Essex

Due to receiving abusive messages I only ever chat here. I log on regularly enough that no needs my number.

There are simply to many fakes and timewasters on this site to accept any excuses about not providing numbers.

And I would never meet anyone who demanded to have a phone number or speak to me first. I'm neither a fake or a timewaster, I'm just not prepared to do that. If that means I miss out on people who aren't convinced I'm real, I'm totally fine with that."

We would never demand a phone number until a meet is agreed. In fact we always give our number out first.

We keep a pre paid phone for this very task.

Personally we feel that if we have chatted extensively, agreed a meet etc it is not unreasonable to expect a contact number for the person.

A while back we were due to meet a guy in a local pub. By mistake he ended up in the one next door waiting for us.

If we did not have his number then that evening would have been a total washout for all.

I use kik so don't have to give my number out

But seriously my thoughts on chatting on the phone to someone who wishes to ascertain whether I am genuine or not is a load of bollox IMO...

A stranger verifying themselves with another stranger using a medium where you can't see each other??

What could possibly go wrong

By *manda63Woman  over a year ago

Southampton

Use kik or Skype, proves you are genuine if that's what he wants. Avoid WhatsApp, too easy to get caught out by the phone number specially if he's attached already.

Depends how brave we feeling, sometimes I share just to get a rush from it, sometimes Ben gives people mine too to suprise me when they txt lol

X

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

We have our fab phone .. bit like the bat phone but without commissioner Gordon..anyone thinking on visiting Corfu and fancy a meet (not single str8 guys) ???..connie x

Burbage

Exactly this

Burbage

Use kik or Skype, proves you are genuine if that's what he wants. Avoid WhatsApp, too easy to get caught out by the phone number specially if he's attached already. "

Kik doesn't prove you are genuine at all

I don't give my number out. I will not give my number out. I don't use any other form of communication other than fab. If people don't like it they are free to move on. Fab is an addition to my sex life, I don't need a meet.. They're just fun when they happen

Only had one person I've chatted to find this a problem.. I do understand why people would want to talk on phone though.

There's no right or wrong opinion on this subject. It's a personal choice. You are entitled to refuse anybody who asks. I wouldn't consider giving my number out until I've spoken with the person for a short while and arranged a meet.

yeah they tell all the woman that

"I will not give my number out on here ....no kik ....snapchat .... facebook ... skype .....all a big fat no ..... "

Just out of interest, how does having the other person's pre-paid mobile number reduce timewasters or improve safety?

You can pick up a phone like this anywhere.

"

i dont give excuses i simple do not want to give my number out if that makes me a time waster they can look else where, i will replace them far quicker than they will me if they decided to pass me by

cumbria

"Oh no it's phone number or nothing because people like me shouldn't be on here. I'm not bothered it's his loss. I use kik on here as yes I do think it is a lot safer but he made out that I'm the only one that won't give me number out and that is odd therefore I'm fake. I am just curious and wanted to know people's thoughts about giving it out.

Yes he said I was too fit to be on here therefore I'm fake. So basically said if he thinks you are good looking and fit you shouldn't be on here. Err what's that about? C

I must be quite thick "people like you" ???? "

cumbria

i dont give excuses i simple do not want to give my number out if that makes me a time waster they can look else where, i will replace them far quicker than they will me if they decided to pass me by "

I totally agree and I'm not giving my personal number out to anybody who I haven't met before. If he wants to think I'm fake then that's his problem but it's not my loss.

There's nothing 'desperate' about having a separate phone for swinging. It's actually good common sense.

Everyone has a smartphone these days so checking into fab is easy so I keep all my messaging on here. If anyone has a problem with that then that's fine, time to say bye and move on.

Smartphones are also great for blocking numbers too"

Why should we give them ournumbers to block? By providing a personal number, is giving them an advantage to abuse it including publishing said number elsewhere. Or calling from another phone to get around said block. It happens. I've never met fake single guys since using Kik. All been genuinely single. Sounds like yoire meeting the wrong types of guys. Vetting more throughly from the beginning helps.

Southampton

Use kik or Skype, proves you are genuine if that's what he wants. Avoid WhatsApp, too easy to get caught out by the phone number specially if he's attached already.

Kik doesn't prove you are genuine at all"

Fair enough but I know Grey is on the other end because of the content of the messages and the words used.

"We have a separate phone with pay as you go sim for fab contacts. We can just use it as and when we're making a new contact. Easy to change if your getting any trouble.

Mines just a cheap five pound phone.

Works for us "

this, we do exactly the same

I

i dont give excuses i simple do not want to give my number out if that makes me a time waster they can look else where, i will replace them far quicker than they will me if they decided to pass me by

I totally agree and I'm not giving my personal number out to anybody who I haven't met before. If he wants to think I'm fake then that's his problem but it's not my loss."

yes exactly for everyone that gives you a negative feeling theirs a hundred more to replace him

I

I totally agree and I'm not giving my personal number out to anybody who I haven't met before. If he wants to think I'm fake then that's his problem but it's not my loss."

yes exactly for everyone that gives you a negative feeling theirs a hundred more to replace him

I buy a local number from skype on subscription. 3.50 a month then i buy credit and i can phone anyone i want and keep my personal number private. And i dont need two phones

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I do what suits me. I don't justify my decisions and don't expect others to either. I'm immune to flattery from someone trying to get into my knickers.

"There's nothing 'desperate' about having a separate phone for swinging. It's actually good common sense."

I have a fuck phone. I don't use kik or anything like that. Works great for me.

I understand that other people may prefer kik etc. I just don't meet them.

I've learned it's best not to. Skype or kik, easy to block. X

By *ERGIE6Man  over a year ago

irvine

If you feel you don't wish to give out numbers as others suggested ask for their number

It's really about how you feel if your not ready to do it dont

Can chat on here or kik. I'm not giving my number out unless your a friend and were meeting regularly.

[Removed by poster at 19/02/16 16:08:05]

I wouldn't give my number, or even talk to, anyone who puts down others to get a fuck. By saying you;re too fit for this site isn't a compliment, it's slagging off most of the other members, and guys like that i don't care to interact with.

Had a real hottie yesterday slagging off the men on this site and he's not like them, put me right off him and his message was ok apart from that. Shame for him.

ffs my typing, that'll teach me to browse while i'm eating my breakfast...

We use KIK, see no necessity whatsoever to give out our numbers and anyone who wants to "insist" we behave in any way that doesn't suit us can take a running jump...

By *amplemeMan  over a year ago

Washington

I generally use Kik but if the other person doesn't use it..I'll use my phone but then delete and block the person after the contact. I then use fab for any further contact... and unblock them as required.

Better to be safe and prevent any awkward incoming calls...

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

I dont give out my number i just give them my kik name.

Ive never been accused of being fake for it though

I get given loads of numbers in the first or second message.

I just ignore they sent it.

Southampton

"I've learned it's best not to. Skype or kik, easy to block. X "

By *eminiman61Man  over a year ago

mansfield

I often give my number out, it used to be in the public domain anyway. On my lorries and on all our modelling school paraphernalia and many other things. I've only had a few people stalk me so they get blocked. If you know the wrong people you can find out someone's address from a registered phone number

Same as giving people your real name it's so easy to trace people now days. I once tracked someone that I met 2000 miles away. That's why it's good to see veris, if they've killed someone and buried them under the patio no verify lol

I feel safe giving my number and address out

If in doubt don't do it..... simples

Wembley

speak for yourself kid

am a proper gent me like

Fred West and 'wifey' used that line too, very successfully, as a lot of silly women believed it

you not the trusting type babe

you've not met the one they all want tbf "

Nope

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Buy a cheap pay as you go phone and use that for swinging things.

By *lanwoodMan  over a year ago

Alton

"we gave out our number to a guy was ok at first then he started to phone us in the early hours 2am in the morning saying he was horny. had to change number. now have a second phone pay as you go for swinging"

A similar thing happened to me with a guy who started calling at all hours. My wife almost answered it on one occasion too. Very scary.

Wembley

"we gave out our number to a guy was ok at first then he started to phone us in the early hours 2am in the morning saying he was horny. had to change number. now have a second phone pay as you go for swinging

A similar thing happened to me with a guy who started calling at all hours. My wife almost answered it on one occasion too. Very scary."

A nuisance. Yes. But scary? It was only a telephone call!

"we gave out our number to a guy was ok at first then he started to phone us in the early hours 2am in the morning saying he was horny. had to change number. now have a second phone pay as you go for swinging

A similar thing happened to me with a guy who started calling at all hours. My wife almost answered it on one occasion too. Very scary.

A nuisance. Yes. But scary? It was only a telephone call!"

Wife!

Wembley

Wife!"

Ah, I get it now; 'THE wife'

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

And I would never meet anyone who demanded to have a phone number or speak to me first. I'm neither a fake or a timewaster, I'm just not prepared to do that. If that means I miss out on people who aren't convinced I'm real, I'm totally fine with that.

We would never demand a phone number until a meet is agreed. In fact we always give our number out first.

We keep a pre paid phone for this very task.

Personally we feel that if we have chatted extensively, agreed a meet etc it is not unreasonable to expect a contact number for the person.

A while back we were due to meet a guy in a local pub. By mistake he ended up in the one next door waiting for us.

If we did not have his number then that evening would have been a total washout for all."

I had this happen aswell, the worst thing was, being in the Lakes, we had no phone reception lol! The evening turned out very well in any case

Wife!

Ah, I get it now; 'THE wife' "

It's your own personal choice if you do or don't but iv had experiences where people constantly text and message then get arsey when you don't reply lol.i agree with most people saying get kik its a lot less hassle lol

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

In ten years of meeting men from the Internet I've only had one person who became a phone pest. Ex boyfriends on the other hand...

Liss Miss Norty take my number

I don't give my number out on here. A few that I have met from here and have known years have it but I consider them friends off the site as well.

OP he's only calling you a fake to try and force you to prove otherwise. Just block him. He sounds like a knob. Don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable.

Ashton Under Lyne

And I would never meet anyone who demanded to have a phone number or speak to me first. I'm neither a fake or a timewaster, I'm just not prepared to do that. If that means I miss out on people who aren't convinced I'm real, I'm totally fine with that."

That !

Ashton Under Lyne

"It's your own personal choice if you do or don't but iv had experiences where people constantly text and message then get arsey when you don't reply lol.i agree with most people saying get kik its a lot less hassle lol"

I think iPhone is great for this sort of stuff. For me it's been just a few blokes who became pesty - 3 that I can recall. On the iPhone you can block a number (I'm sure same for Android too) and they can't call or text you. Sure they can from a different number but you block that too in 2 seconds (literally). Ultimately it becomes worthless for a guy to keep pestering.

By *aichhhMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

I can understand the caution.

I am single with no ties so have no problem but still i wonder what happens to it.

By *ocoTemptationMan  over a year ago

london

That's why I have a separate play phone. It's easy to get a cheap or second hand smartphone and there are lots of cheap SIM deals out there. It keeps things nice and discreet and I know what name to respond as when I answer the phone lol

"It's your own personal choice if you do or don't but iv had experiences where people constantly text and message then get arsey when you don't reply lol.i agree with most people saying get kik its a lot less hassle lol

I think iPhone is great for this sort of stuff. For me it's been just a few blokes who became pesty - 3 that I can recall. On the iPhone you can block a number (I'm sure same for Android too) and they can't call or text you. Sure they can from a different number but you block that too in 2 seconds (literally). Ultimately it becomes worthless for a guy to keep pestering."

The problem for me is similar to that of Skype.

My phone and my Skype are also my professional tools. I use them as a self employed person. The last thing I need is guys from sex sites contacting me on my business tools - even if I can block them, I still have to answer the calls in case it's something important.

And I don't have the option of just changing my phone number or my Skype if my number gets out to places I don't want it - because it's my business number. And that would be a proper pain in the ass.

We were accused of being fake because we wouldn't cam with a guy we didn't ever want to meet. He just couldn't understand that we couldn't care less if he thought we were fake or not!

"There's nothing 'desperate' about having a separate phone for swinging. It's actually good common sense.

I have a fuck phone. I don't use kik or anything like that. Works great for me.

I understand that other people may prefer kik etc. I just don't meet them. "

i wont by a separate phone simply because it would look odd

if my kids asked why i had two phones i wouldnt know what to say

and before people say tell them to mind their own its none of their buisness i dont have that kind of relationship with my kids

they would find it odd and probably put 2 and 2 together and come up with 4 which i dont want

for me just talking on here works fine, ive had loads of meets and never given my number out

"It's your own personal choice if you do or don't but iv had experiences where people constantly text and message then get arsey when you don't reply lol.i agree with most people saying get kik its a lot less hassle lol

I think iPhone is great for this sort of stuff. For me it's been just a few blokes who became pesty - 3 that I can recall. On the iPhone you can block a number (I'm sure same for Android too) and they can't call or text you. Sure they can from a different number but you block that too in 2 seconds (literally). Ultimately it becomes worthless for a guy to keep pestering."

This is why I got an iPhone haha I literally only found out how to block numbers like 2 weeks ago though opps

By *are_freeMan  over a year ago

Crewe

Many other methods of proving your genuine..

I wouldn't give out my number easily..

Unless happy their genuine..

Their are apps you can chat and communicate on which don't require giving your number.. And can easily be blocked at the drop of a hat..

Too many catfish on here x

i have a fun phone and a personal phone , mostly so i can keep one hidden from mates who like to play with my phone

"

Does the goalkeeper know that they're on fab?

And don't believe every flattery technique thrown your way

By *aucy tiggerWoman  over a year ago

Back where I belong

I only give out my number on rare occasions, I use Kik and if that's not good enough - tough xx

Fit and good looking for this site? How ridiculous!

I give my number out to those I intend to meet. If I have reservations about sharing my number that to me is a red flag that I shouldn't be meeting that person. If I'm willing to trust someone with my body and my personal safety, giving them a phone number is not a big deal.

I think iPhone is great for this sort of stuff. For me it's been just a few blokes who became pesty - 3 that I can recall. On the iPhone you can block a number (I'm sure same for Android too) and they can't call or text you. Sure they can from a different number but you block that too in 2 seconds (literally). Ultimately it becomes worthless for a guy to keep pestering.

This is why I got an iPhone haha I literally only found out how to block numbers like 2 weeks ago though opps"

You couldn't block for ages, it's a fairly new thing that you can now. I stopped giving out my number when i realised you couldn't block people. Too many bored pests on here...

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I've not read the whole thread but this isn't just an issue about giving out your number.

This is an issue about a guy trying to make you feel bad and guilty for not doing what he wants.

I'd ignore/block him. Decent guys understand personal safety concerns

This is why I got an iPhone haha I literally only found out how to block numbers like 2 weeks ago though opps

You couldn't block for ages, it's a fairly new thing that you can now. I stopped giving out my number when i realised you couldn't block people. Too many bored pests on here..."

Always been able to block on my Windows phone!

By *irceWoman  over a year ago

Gloucester

I have given my number and guys have been respectful, but someone will always abuse trust, sooo tricky choice to make .

You couldn't block for ages, it's a fairly new thing that you can now. I stopped giving out my number when i realised you couldn't block people. Too many bored pests on here...

Always been able to block on my Windows phone! "

Was glad when one of my kids nicked my windows phone and i could go buy a Nokia one for myself.

Most phones you can block on them, don't know why iPhone had to be awkward.

Always been able to block on my Windows phone!

Was glad when one of my kids nicked my windows phone and i could go buy a Nokia one for myself.

Most phones you can block on them, don't know why iPhone had to be awkward."

Simple... there are iPhones then there are smart phones. Beats me why people get the former!

"If you are wanting to chat to each other away from here then try the safer option of kik.

best of luck which ever you decide "

I didn't realise that.thanks.

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

Me personally i wont meet without a number.

Quite a few say "number exchanged at meet" at which point I respect their views and vice versa and move on.

By *unduo000Couple  over a year ago

In and around

I'd go with kik until you have at least met someone. Don't be bullied by anyone to give away more than you want to. X Mrs Duo

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I am very careful about who I give my number out to.

After a few messages? Not a chance in hell, if we have progressed to making a date for a meet then yes of course I will.

Some have then gone on to abuse it via texting/WhatsApp, but I now just ignore

» Add a new message to this topic