FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Fat people

Fat people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abphil OP   Man  over a year ago

sheffield

Now i am a fat person but i dont suppose i am alone in that.

What i want to know is why do some people get the hanging down fat and some the pot belly. I have the pot belly but it cant be a beer belly as i dont drink lol.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's all genetics mate. We all end up looking like our parents eventually.

sheffield

"It's all genetics mate. We all end up looking like our parents eventually."

Yeah my dad had a beer belly too but he was green ffs!

Different types of fat that lays in different areas, saggy fat which is called visceral fat lays between your skin and abdominal wall, the bowling belly fat as you call it is deeper laying fat that surrounds your abdominal organs so tends to be less saggy

sheffield

"Different types of fat that lays in different areas, saggy fat which is called visceral fat lays between your skin and abdominal wall, the bowling belly fat as you call it is deeper laying fat that surrounds your abdominal organs so tends to be less saggy"

So assuming they are bad for you which layer of fat is worse?

"Different types of fat that lays in different areas, saggy fat which is called visceral fat lays between your skin and abdominal wall, the bowling belly fat as you call it is deeper laying fat that surrounds your abdominal organs so tends to be less saggy

So assuming they are bad for you which layer of fat is worse?"

The one around your organs is worse.

Basically, you are what you eat (or drink). Eat less and eat better and you can get slim (no pain no gain - or loss!!!).

Im always amazed by how many fat women on this site. I mean must be 8 or 9 out of 10! Oh call it what you like 'fabulous, curvy, bbw, ample' = fat! Where did self control go? Or pride in your body? Not to mention staying active and alive!

[Removed by poster at 17/02/16 09:51:31]

sheffield

"Different types of fat that lays in different areas, saggy fat which is called visceral fat lays between your skin and abdominal wall, the bowling belly fat as you call it is deeper laying fat that surrounds your abdominal organs so tends to be less saggy

So assuming they are bad for you which layer of fat is worse?

The one around your organs is worse."

Thats me fucked then!

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"Basically, you are what you eat (or drink). Eat less and eat better and you can get slim (no pain no gain - or loss!!!).

Im always amazed by how many fat women on this site. I mean must be 8 or 9 out of 10! Oh call it what you like 'fabulous, curvy, bbw, ample' = fat! Where did self control go? Or pride in your body? Not to mention staying active and alive!"

Judgemental much?!

So assuming they are bad for you which layer of fat is worse?"

Bowling ball fat

Visceral fat is linked with a variety of health problems, including high cholesterol, high blood pressure, insulin resistance and diabetes, all of which increase your chances of heart attacks and strokes

"Different types of fat that lays in different areas, saggy fat which is called visceral fat lays between your skin and abdominal wall, the bowling belly fat as you call it is deeper laying fat that surrounds your abdominal organs so tends to be less saggy"

Sorry got that wrong visceral fat is the deeper layers fat, saggy fat is subcutaneous

Been a long time since I did this shit

"Basically, you are what you eat (or drink). Eat less and eat better and you can get slim (no pain no gain - or loss!!!).

Im always amazed by how many fat women on this site. I mean must be 8 or 9 out of 10! Oh call it what you like 'fabulous, curvy, bbw, ample' = fat! Where did self control go? Or pride in your body? Not to mention staying active and alive!"

Can you not have pride in your body and be fat? And yes I am fat, if people stopped using it as an insult all the time maybe less people would get worked up about it.

"Now i am a fat person but i dont suppose i am alone in that.

What i want to know is why do some people get the hanging down fat and some the pot belly. I have the pot belly but it cant be a beer belly as i dont drink lol. "

I agree with you are what you eat, but with sugar in just about everything suppose it can be hard, everyone is different and we are all special in our own way, just except yourself for the way you are and Fuck the haters (not literary lol )

Thanks for that Einstein

Sorry got that wrong visceral fat is the deeper layers fat, saggy fat is subcutaneous

Been a long time since I did this shit "

Aye visceral fat is the one you can't see. So a outwardly fat person can be much healthier than someone slim with lots of visceral fat. But it's all in the genes where you carry it. Blame the parents!

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

It must be so great to be perfect.

I assume, to be judging and criticising others, with no idea about their circumstances, you are actually perfect. Right?

Aye visceral fat is the one you can't see. So a outwardly fat person can be much healthier than someone slim with lots of visceral fat. But it's all in the genes where you carry it. Blame the parents!"

Funny though because I'm over weight, I have three daughters and they are all very thin, ones boarder line skinny, she went into hospital last year and they asked me if she was eating properly, she never stops

No idea where they get it from

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

Im always amazed by how many fat women on this site. I mean must be 8 or 9 out of 10! Oh call it what you like 'fabulous, curvy, bbw, ample' = fat! Where did self control go? Or pride in your body? Not to mention staying active and alive!

I assume, to be judging and criticising others, with no idea about their circumstances, you are actually perfect. Right?

"

Quite a closed minded view from a guy claiming to be open minded

By *aysmitMan  over a year ago

walsall

Sorry got that wrong visceral fat is the deeper layers fat, saggy fat is

Lol are you a doctor as well as being sexy as hell xxsubcutaneous

Aye visceral fat is the one you can't see. So a outwardly fat person can be much healthier than someone slim with lots of visceral fat. But it's all in the genes where you carry it. Blame the parents!

Funny though because I'm over weight, I have three daughters and they are all very thin, ones boarder line skinny, she went into hospital last year and they asked me if she was eating properly, she never stops

No idea where they get it from "

By *aysmitMan  over a year ago

walsall

To be honest I preffer curver ladies so much more sexier xx

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

You know attraction comes from within as well,you may be slim,but...

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

fabulous and proud.

Atractiveness doesn't come in a dress size you know

By *ntnCleoCouple  over a year ago

Dortmund (Germany) might travel!

Unfortunately there is no getting around the output vs input equation. In a world where high calorie food is so available and lifestyles so sedentary, it's really hard to stay slim. I have to regularly starve myself and exercise to lose the weight that creeps on. It's very frustrating. But that's because I prefer to try and remain slim. Some aren't bothered so that's fine.

Cleo feels the same but I don't encourage her because I like her curvy!!

The posts on visceral or intra-abdominal vs subcutaneous or skin fat are correct. If you eat too much you will put on fat in both areas, but genetics determines where it will go the most. You can't choose where it goes so health-wise - if you care about it - you just need to try and keep it off everywhere.

Uh oh

Im fat and I understand why im fat

It should only be an issue if its affecting your health and even then it should be your choice if you want to do something about it

If you dont like someones shape keep that opinion to yourself unless asked to give one

"Unfortunately there is no getting around the output vs input equation. In a world where high calorie food is so available and lifestyles so sedentary, it's really hard to stay slim. I have to regularly starve myself and exercise to lose the weight that creeps on. It's very frustrating. But that's because I prefer to try and remain slim. Some aren't bothered so that's fine.

The posts on visceral or intra-abdominal vs subcutaneous or skin fat are correct. If you eat too much you will put on fat in both areas, but genetics determines where it will go the most. You can't choose where it goes so health-wise - if you care about it - you just need to try and keep it off everywhere. "

And some of us are bothered but aren't capable of starving ourselves or spending hours in the gym.

Some people find it more difficult to lose weight than others. People should not be expected to starve themselves to be slim. It's incredibly difficult, as I'm sure you know, as you say that's what you need to do.

And we all stand at the cake shop every day of course

And we all stand at the cake shop every day of course "

Stand? Fuck that! I stay on the sofa and send my butler to the cake shop.

"Im fat and I understand why im fat

It should only be an issue if its affecting your health and even then it should be your choice if you want to do something about it

If you dont like someones shape keep that opinion to yourself unless asked to give one"

In general, that's exactly what a forum is for.

"Unfortunately there is no getting around the output vs input equation. In a world where high calorie food is so available and lifestyles so sedentary, it's really hard to stay slim. I have to regularly starve myself and exercise to lose the weight that creeps on. It's very frustrating. But that's because I prefer to try and remain slim. Some aren't bothered so that's fine.

The posts on visceral or intra-abdominal vs subcutaneous or skin fat are correct. If you eat too much you will put on fat in both areas, but genetics determines where it will go the most. You can't choose where it goes so health-wise - if you care about it - you just need to try and keep it off everywhere. "

That doesn't sound too healthy starving yourself to keep slim ?

In my younger days ( male)

I went on a hospital enforced diet 500 Cals a day for two weeks ?

Did 2 1/2 hrs exercise a day and yes it worked !!!

I put on a pound in weight ? So the intake to exercise factor really works ?

Or not !

So I am who I am and lucky to have a partner who likes me that way

What i want to know is why do some people get the hanging down fat and some the pot belly. I have the pot belly but it cant be a beer belly as i dont drink lol. "

I think you'll find its a wheat belly (too much bread)

I love my food so will never have a 6pac...plus im a lazy bastard

I think mine went to the same place as your copy of How to Win Friends and Influence People.

Doncaster

The posts on visceral or intra-abdominal vs subcutaneous or skin fat are correct. If you eat too much you will put on fat in both areas, but genetics determines where it will go the most. You can't choose where it goes so health-wise - if you care about it - you just need to try and keep it off everywhere.

That doesn't sound too healthy starving yourself to keep slim ?

In my younger days ( male)

I went on a hospital enforced diet 500 Cals a day for two weeks ?

Did 2 1/2 hrs exercise a day and yes it worked !!!

I put on a pound in weight ? So the intake to exercise factor really works ?

Or not !

So I am who I am and lucky to have a partner who likes me that way "

. You'll have gained a lot of muscle mass exercising the way you did muscle weighs more than fat. You may have noticed a difference in the inches you lost had you measured yourself. When I first started slimming world I did an hour at the gym then swam a few lengths in the pool everyday, in the first month I put a stone on but dropped two dress sizes

You see that's all well and good but you dont know a person by looking at them. I (mrs) am a size 18, I go to the gym 3/4 times a week, swimming, core strength and cardio exercises. I eat a high protein and low carb diet. I am active, healthy and full of stamina, BUT I am still a big girl. How? I have a disease that wreaks havoc on every part of my body and weight gain is just 1 of many many symptoms. My hormones are out of wacky ( testosterone almost as high as a males ), my insulin is all over the place and I'm on medication for life. My efforts right now mean I don't gain any more weight, I can keep it at an even keel and keep my general health as good as I can do. It annoys me that when a thin woman says " I can eat whatever i want and I can't gain weight" but if a large woman says " I eat well and exercise but can't lose weight" people assume they're lying?

Long story short you're a judgmental fuck who needs to learn a lesson in humility

I think mine went to the same place as your copy of How to Win Friends and Influence People. "

I expend most of mine on not punching arseholes.

I only have a limited amount.

sheffield

What i want to know is why do some people get the hanging down fat and some the pot belly. I have the pot belly but it cant be a beer belly as i dont drink lol.

I think you'll find its a wheat belly (too much bread)"

Well hold me hand up to that. I was always very active but things changed for me in lots of ways.

I know there are lots of single people out there but sandwiches are an easy option and the cooking can become an awesome chore (challenge) in lots of ways for me as indeed can getting hold of fresh produce. I will not be defeated though and will find my way of fighting the fat.

The input vs output is true for everyone. Everyone. It's just that some people require less input than others, so losing weight is harder. But there is nothing unhealthy about losing weight as long as you get adequate nutrients in.

Gastroplasty is hugely successful (20-25kg lost and sustained at 5 years) even though it is performed on people who have been unable to lose weight any other way. However, it does nothing miraculous. It does not change metabolisms or anything, it simply stops people eating so much...and they lose weight.

Another harsh truth - there were no overweight people who came out of Belsen.

The body responds predictably to an energy deficit.

Bu whether you actually want to, that's a completely different issue! Whatever your size, if you're happy the way you are, then don't change! And contemporary expectations on women are completely unrealistic for the vast majority, if not all.

However lots of people want to lose weight for various reasons but struggle, and for them they need to know the facts! 90% of what we hear about weight management is rubbish, but it's hard to sort fact from fiction.

Hope I don't sound too harsh. I'm a doctor and I do my patients no favours if I don't tell them the truth when they come to me for advice. And as I'm not always happy about my weight I have found there is no other way but to practice what I preach! I wish there was an easier way, really!

Point taken from poster above - there are some very rare illnesses that do result in weight gain! They are rare though (I've probably seen only a handful in many years) and for the rest it's all about lifestyle, metabolism and diet.

Being smokers , we would be the last to judge anyone who has an addiction .

In answer to the op , it's obvious that the calories consumed compared to the calories used is the answer . There are different types of calories , fat , sugar , carbs , and protein .

For a flatter tummy , more protein and less of the others seems to work best .

I think you'll find its a wheat belly (too much bread)

Well hold me hand up to that. I was always very active but things changed for me in lots of ways.

I know there are lots of single people out there but sandwiches are an easy option and the cooking can become an awesome chore (challenge) in lots of ways for me as indeed can getting hold of fresh produce. I will not be defeated though and will find my way of fighting the fat."

Tis true! I've dropped a stone in 9 months simply by cutting out my lunchtime sandwich. Now i have a miso soup with bits of pre cooked chicken in it instead.

Doncaster

"Being smokers , we would be the last to judge anyone who has an addiction .

In answer to the op , it's obvious that the calories consumed compared to the calories used is the answer . There are different types of calories , fat , sugar , carbs , and protein .

For a flatter tummy , more protein and less of the others seems to work best .

"

One of the things I struggle with is that I'm allergic to the protein that's in dairy so because I have to cut that Dairy out diet completely (I can't even have lacto free products) it's hard to find the right balance of protein elsewhere, for a balanced diet, I have supplements to increase calcium as that's vital as part of a balanced diet to loose weight but my calcium levels are always low.

Loosing weight isn't always black and white depends on the person

"It's all genetics mate. We all end up looking like our parents eventually.

Yeah my dad had a beer belly too but he was green ffs!"

Was he the Jolly green Giant ?

"The input vs output is true for everyone. Everyone. It's just that some people require less input than others, so losing weight is harder. But there is nothing unhealthy about losing weight as long as you get adequate nutrients in.

Gastroplasty is hugely successful (20-25kg lost and sustained at 5 years) even though it is performed on people who have been unable to lose weight any other way. However, it does nothing miraculous. It does not change metabolisms or anything, it simply stops people eating so much...and they lose weight.

Bu whether you actually want to, that's a completely different issue! Whatever your size, if you're happy the way you are, then don't change! And contemporary expectations on women are completely unrealistic for the vast majority, if not all.

However lots of people want to lose weight for various reasons but struggle, and for them they need to know the facts! 90% of what we hear about weight management is rubbish, but it's hard to sort fact from fiction.

Hope I don't sound too harsh. I'm a doctor and I do my patients no favours if I don't tell them the truth when they come to me for advice. And as I'm not always happy about my weight I have found there is no other way but to practice what I preach! I wish there was an easier way, really!"

I agree with you (with a small number of rare exceptions) but it's the simple assumption of greed and laziness from many poster that I object to, which gives no consideration to the addiction, emotional and mental health aspects of overeating or binge eating. I know exactly what I should and shouldn't eat and how much of it, the reasons I haven't always done so go deeper than stupidity or greed.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

I am fat and fabulous at 51, bullocks to those who don`t like it. I can loose weight but they will remain ugly ...lol

"Point taken from poster above - there are some very rare illnesses that do result in weight gain! They are rare though (I've probably seen only a handful in many years) and for the rest it's all about lifestyle, metabolism and diet. "

That's true

I do community nursing, because I don't drive I cycle round all my calls I do cycle around 30 mile a day doing 12 hour shifts on a 7 day rolling rota so nobody can say I'm lazy

Problem is working the hours I do I just can't eat properly, I live on a diet of snacks, grabbing easy food throughout the day because I don't have time to go home and cook, problem is because I'm cycling all day I'm even more hungry and after a 12 hour shift of cycling around the west Midlands running in and out of peoples homes I'm to knocked to do anything when I get home so I usually fall to sleep on the sofa, then get up the next day starving so its another day of grabbing what I can throughout the next day

I have lost weight, I joined fat camp and lost 7stone but in order to do that I cut out food, some days I don't eat at all, because I still don't have time to go home and cook a meal, I am still fucked at the end of the day but not grabbing convenient food through out the day ment I couldn't have anything that fit in with my life style

I've gotten to the point many times I've felt dizzy due to lack of food, now I know that's not good but when your choices are grabbing a sandwich between calls or going without and your trying to loose weight I have to go without, it was grabbing sandwiches throughout the day that was my problem in the first place

Absolutely agree. And those attitudes are really destructive and often compound the difficulties faced.

I only like to stay thinnish because I feel good when I'm like that. It's not about what others think of me - it's about what I think others think of me, which isn't the same thing. If you feel good about yourself whatever your shape, then that's all that really matters.

Of course insensitive and ignorant people can upset or challenge how you feel about yourself, which is not acceptable public behavior.

Right...this is a sex site and we're here to get laid as much as possible...but this feels like talking shop!!

Back to scouring all those sexy profiles...(:

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I like to think of myself as podgy with potential. Let's face it, if I were actually slim I'd be so perfect visually I'd have nothing left to keep my massive ego in check. Keeping my arse wide and belly rounded takes all the self control I can muster since I'm already proud of my fabulous, curvy, ample (sod it, big and beautiful) body.

Oh wait, that's a load of bollocks. I'm the same me regardless of my body size. With the exact same sense of self worth.

Oooo I bet your inbox overfloweth after that little (chicken) nugget!

sheffield

"It's all genetics mate. We all end up looking like our parents eventually.

Yeah my dad had a beer belly too but he was green ffs!

Was he the Jolly green Giant ?"

Yes he was a big tall strong man bit of a gentle giant and i was waiting for that pun with gritted teeth

Ho Ho Ho

sheffield

Just thought this thread is about health, and could lead to some form of disability and i would like to hear from peeps with diabilities that swing. But hurry i'm not here for long!

you not one of them that likes a nice fatty ?

I make you right about you're what you eat

not easy being perfect like me and you

Judgemental much?! "

no - he's absolutely right - it should be re-named "fat swingers"

Doncaster

Judgemental much?!

no - he's absolutely right - it should be re-named "fat swingers" "

Could also be renamed "twat swingers" in some cases

Aint nought with some meet on your bones

Lol - yes it could - if you are going to give it - you have to be prepared to take it as they say. However, the point is very well made - over the past 12 months or so it has attracted more and more of the 'larger people' - merely an observation.

Doncaster

"Lol - yes it could - if you are going to give it - you have to be prepared to take it as they say. However, the point is very well made - over the past 12 months or so it has attracted more and more of the 'larger people' - merely an observation."

Possibly because the populations as an whole is getting bigger in general. I'm loosing weight I'll get there unfortunately I don't have a magic wand thats going to make me perfect overnight

Well hasn't this thread been enlightening? Block list is such a useful feature.

Variety is the spice of life! It's just as well there are men and women out there who appreciate people for who they are and not what dress size they are!

Us fat people love a bit of recreational sex

well done to you - and your comment regarding the population as a whole just re-inforces the point the poster was making - as a nation we are becoming lazy and don't care about appearances - you only have to walk down most streets to see that.

"Well hasn't this thread been enlightening? Block list is such a useful feature.

Variety is the spice of life! It's just as well there are men and women out there who appreciate people for who they are and not what dress size they are!"

Oh come on ! Don't be so dramatic - throughout the history of sex, physical attraction has mattered - number one - fact.

Doncaster

"Us fat people love a bit of recreational sex "

We do we need the exercise more

"Well hasn't this thread been enlightening? Block list is such a useful feature.

Variety is the spice of life! It's just as well there are men and women out there who appreciate people for who they are and not what dress size they are!

Oh come on ! Don't be so dramatic - throughout the history of sex, physical attraction has mattered - number one - fact."

Where am I being dramatic? If someone clearly has an issue with my weight then they won't want to fuck me. Blocking prevents any time wasting. I wouldn't want to be seen as a time waster as well as fat!

Oh come on ! Don't be so dramatic - throughout the history of sex, physical attraction has mattered - number one - fact.

Where am I being dramatic? If someone clearly has an issue with my weight then they won't want to fuck me. Blocking prevents any time wasting. I wouldn't want to be seen as a time waster as well as fat!"

I don't think anybody would see you as a time waster just because you mailed them and they didn't fancy you

Sorry but you are being dramatic

Oh come on ! Don't be so dramatic -

throughout the history of sex, physical attraction has mattered - number one - fact.

Where am I being dramatic? If someone clearly has an issue with my weight then they won't want to fuck me. Blocking prevents any time wasting. I wouldn't want to be seen as a time waster as well as fat!"

I was referring to your "appreciate people for what they are" comment. Of course I can appreciate people for what they are - and fully respect them (and always do) - but when it comes to sex, physical attraction matters - not "what's inside" - that's usually a married man's phrase when his (previously) slim wife turns into a heffer once she has her prize. Trust me - me and the lads talk about it every week down the pub

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

I'm eating a biscuit while reading this..

As a fat woman I'm well aware of what I should and shouldn't do. I've battled with my weight for years. As one poster already said it's about far more than greed. And as another said it's often not down to being lazy.

We all make judgements on photos. At first glance some have looked at me and thought I'm grotesque. Some have even been kind enough to tell me so.

However there are others who dont.

The point is what one or two don't like others will. While we all know compliments are irrelevant when you feel bad about yourself, so are negative judgements.

It's just sad that it's much easier to buy in to the bad stuff at times..

"Us fat people love a bit of recreational sex

We do we need the exercise more "

I have a very healthy heart according to my doctor

Doncaster

I

Sorry but I think your being dramatic too. so I'm fat and they wouldn't want to fuck me, doesn't mean they can chat with me. I essentially called them a twat I'm not blocked they took it the light hearted way in which it was intended

throughout the history of sex, physical attraction has mattered - number one - fact.

Where am I being dramatic? If someone clearly has an issue with my weight then they won't want to fuck me. Blocking prevents any time wasting. I wouldn't want to be seen as a time waster as well as fat!

I was referring to your "appreciate people for what they are" comment. Of course I can appreciate people for what they are - and fully respect them (and always do) - but when it comes to sex, physical attraction matters - not "what's inside" - that's usually a married man's phrase when his (previously) slim wife turns into a heffer once she has her prize. Trust me - me and the lads talk about it every week down the pub "

my ol mum used to say when the balls are full the brain is empty

I bet you've banged a few fattys pal

quick scarper straight after like

I was referring to your "appreciate people for what they are" comment. Of course I can appreciate people for what they are - and fully respect them (and always do) - but when it comes to sex, physical attraction matters - not "what's inside" - that's usually a married man's phrase when his (previously) slim wife turns into a heffer once she has her prize. Trust me - me and the lads talk about it every week down the pub "

Oh well it must be true them

How can anybody doubt the ramblings of pissed up pub talk

we all drink Vimto

"we all drink Vimto "

Bollocks looks like I'm wanking for the rest of my life then

Doncaster

I have a very healthy heart according to my doctor "

Me too I also apparently have the same level healthy level of visceral fat that a woman of my age would have if they had a healthy BMI of 25 my issue is subcutaneous fat. I'm a bit of an anomaly

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

"we all drink Vimto "

You ought to watch your Vimto intake. That stuff's chock full of sugar; it might make you fat.

Doncaster

"I'm eating a biscuit while reading this..

As a fat woman I'm well aware of what I should and shouldn't do. I've battled with my weight for years. As one poster already said it's about far more than greed. And as another said it's often not down to being lazy.

We all make judgements on photos. At first glance some have looked at me and thought I'm grotesque. Some have even been kind enough to tell me so.

The point is what one or two don't like others will. While we all know compliments are irrelevant when you feel bad about yourself, so are negative judgements.

"

The substantial point here is what King of buscuit are you eating anything other than a rich tea is unacceptable in my book

A world of my own

The substantial point here is what King of buscuit are you eating anything other than a rich tea is unacceptable in my book "

M&S Raspberry creams.. might have had 4 to finish the packet .. whoops

Doncaster

"we all drink Vimto "

Oh god no can't stand it, Pepsi max cherry on the other hand is Divine

By *rafty98Man  over a year ago

herts

People come in all shapes and sizes and have different body make ups. You can do things to speed your metabolic rate up if you wanted to but if your comfortable in your own skin why worry.

You should only look to do these things if its something that you want not for others.

Doncaster

The substantial point here is what King of buscuit are you eating anything other than a rich tea is unacceptable in my book

M&S Raspberry creams.. might have had 4 to finish the packet .. whoops "

Oh well what's done is done

I have a very healthy heart according to my doctor

Me too I also apparently have the same level healthy level of visceral fat that a woman of my age would have if they had a healthy BMI of 25 my issue is subcutaneous fat. I'm a bit of an anomaly "

My previous doctor used to look disappointed when my glucose levels and cholesterol levels all came back normal. They only way she could hit targets with me was when I lost weight. Pissed me off that she got the credit for my hard work.

Oh well what's done is done "

Didn't even save us one, the greedy fat bastard

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

When I was really big,it was rock hard them it started getting squishy and that's when I got the rolls of fat, now it's just saggy but no rolls except I do have a little muffing top or whatever it's called.

But even men that aren't over weight have those bellies that start u der their chest and they look pregnant even if they don't drink. Think it's now you genetics are

A world of my own

Oh well what's done is done

Didn't even save us one, the greedy fat bastard "

I know.. its okay though I'll send the boys out for cakes later

"Point taken from poster above - there are some very rare illnesses that do result in weight gain! They are rare though (I've probably seen only a handful in many years) and for the rest it's all about lifestyle, metabolism and diet. "

There are quite a few medications which also contribute. And many, many people have psychological and emotional problems related to food and eating. There is almost no help or support available for those, unless the person is able to afford extensive, expensive private treatment.

It's not as "simple" as you're suggesting. For you, maybe. For some, yes. For everyone, definitely not.

Nobody should expect some people to be able to do what they would need to do in order to lose weight, particularly when the right support and help is not available to them.

Plus you have no idea what else is going on in the lives of some people struggling. People only have a limited capacity to deal with the crap life throws at them. Some simply cannot be expected to be able to manage everything.

"The input vs output is true for everyone. Everyone. It's just that some people require less input than others, so losing weight is harder. But there is nothing unhealthy about losing weight as long as you get adequate nutrients in.

Hope I don't sound too harsh. I'm a doctor and I do my patients no favours if I don't tell them the truth when they come to me for advice. And as I'm not always happy about my weight I have found there is no other way but to practice what I preach! I wish there was an easier way, really!"

Yes, you sound harsh. And unrealistic.

If fewer doctors had your attitude and actually had some understanding of why many people are overweight, what they need to help them and a willingness to provide it, fewer people would be overweight.

On a basic level it's down to a "simple" energy deficit but that's a very, very basic level. The actual solution for many people is far from simple. Telling them it is doesn't help and can often hinder.

But yeah, go ahead, blame the fatties. We eat too much, don't move enough and if we don't change, then it's because we want to be fat.

"Point taken from poster above - there are some very rare illnesses that do result in weight gain! They are rare though (I've probably seen only a handful in many years) and for the rest it's all about lifestyle, metabolism and diet.

There are quite a few medications which also contribute. And many, many people have psychological and emotional problems related to food and eating. There is almost no help or support available for those, unless the person is able to afford extensive, expensive private treatment.

It's not as "simple" as you're suggesting. For you, maybe. For some, yes. For everyone, definitely not.

Nobody should expect some people to be able to do what they would need to do in order to lose weight, particularly when the right support and help is not available to them.

Plus you have no idea what else is going on in the lives of some people struggling. People only have a limited capacity to deal with the crap life throws at them. Some simply cannot be expected to be able to manage everything."

The problem is a lot of doctors, as he claims to be, are not really trained in mental health problems, they know the basics anything else and they refure them onto somebody else

As a doctor he will only look for physical reasons why people are ill, I'm sorry but people who are obese with no physical reason as to why usually have a deeper rooted reason as to why, not many people eat themselves to obesity because they are greedy, most obese people hate the way they look but its a vicious circle, if you hate yourself it's hard to be possative about yourself and they find loosing weight hard as they feel worthless

It's not as easy as saying go on a diet for some people, even those with no physical illness, for a lot of people in order for them to stop over eating they need help with dealing with what's making them over eat without turning to food

Not all illnesses can be cured with medication

Hope I don't sound too harsh. I'm a doctor and I do my patients no favours if I don't tell them the truth when they come to me for advice. And as I'm not always happy about my weight I have found there is no other way but to practice what I preach! I wish there was an easier way, really!

If fewer doctors had your attitude and actually had some understanding of why many people are overweight, what they need to help them and a willingness to provide it, fewer people would be overweight.

On a basic level it's down to a "simple" energy deficit but that's a very, very basic level. The actual solution for many people is far from simple. Telling them it is doesn't help and can often hinder.

But yeah, go ahead, blame the fatties. We eat too much, don't move enough and if we don't change, then it's because we want to be fat.

"

funny how the truth matters very little in this politically correct day and age isn't it?

funny how the truth matters very little in this politically correct day and age isn't it?"

The "truth" apparently being what happens to fit your nasty, judgemental little agenda, in this case.

We get it, you're better than the fatties.

funny how the truth matters very little in this politically correct day and age isn't it?

The "truth" apparently being what happens to fit your nasty, judgemental little agenda, in this case.

We get it, you're better than the fatties. "

never ever would I say I was better than a fattie - as you put it - this was all about sexual preference - and I am not nasty - I just happen to believe in a world where truth matters - no wonder we are becoming an obese nation - because everyone is in denial and thinks they all have a reason other than just greed and lack of exercise for being fat. Go for a walk this afternoon - and then every day thereafter for 2 weeks - you will be amazed at the result !

"Point taken from poster above - there are some very rare illnesses that do result in weight gain! They are rare though (I've probably seen only a handful in many years) and for the rest it's all about lifestyle, metabolism and diet.

Plus you have no idea what else is going on in the lives of some people struggling. People only have a limited capacity to deal with the crap life throws at them. Some simply cannot be expected to be able to manage everything.

The problem is a lot of doctors, as he claims to be, are not really trained in mental health problems, they know the basics anything else and they refure them onto somebody else

As a doctor he will only look for physical reasons why people are ill, I'm sorry but people who are obese with no physical reason as to why usually have a deeper rooted reason as to why, not many people eat themselves to obesity because they are greedy, most obese people hate the way they look but its a vicious circle, if you hate yourself it's hard to be possative about yourself and they find loosing weight hard as they feel worthless

It's not as easy as saying go on a diet for some people, even those with no physical illness, for a lot of people in order for them to stop over eating they need help with dealing with what's making them over eat without turning to food

Not all illnesses can be cured with medication "

^this

Plus those that think insults and bullying are the way to "encourage" people to change need to realise they are doing more harm than good.

People need to be in a positive place to be empowered to change, not insulted, blamed and berated.

Unless, of course, they realise that their bullying is actually detrimental but they enjoy the feeling of superiority and behaving like arseholes. These threads always bring several of those types out of the woodwork. They can't resist a bit of fat baiting.

funny how the truth matters very little in this politically correct day and age isn't it?"

Whats the truth though?

OK I'll give you an example

A young lady I'm working with at the moment is obese, she weights around 30 stone

She was sexually abused as a child and in her head if she's fat no man will find her attractive so she's safe

Yes she's fat because she over eats, yes if she dieted she would loose weight

But to her its her safty blanket, she's scared if she looses weight the abuse will start again, she's only 19 years old by the way

I wouldn't say she's fat because she's greedy, I'd say she's fat because she has real deep rooted problems and untill she can learn to deal with those problems she will continue to use food as a safty blanket

It's not as easy for all to say just go ona diet

But all fat people are put in the same greedy and lazy box, why is that?

never ever would I say I was better than a fattie - as you put it - this was all about sexual preference - and I am not nasty - I just happen to believe in a world where truth matters - no wonder we are becoming an obese nation - because everyone is in denial and thinks they all have a reason other than just greed and lack of exercise for being fat. Go for a walk this afternoon - and then every day thereafter for 2 weeks - you will be amazed at the result !"

Ha ha you really think you have the answers don't you.

If your questioning the truth here maybe you should do some research and get the truth prior to stating go out for a walk eat less etc etc.

As many other posters have said for 'some' people it's not as easy as cutting down and doing more fitness.

To be honest I would rather be fat and non judgemental than skinny with a chip on my shoulder about overweight people.

never ever would I say I was better than a fattie - as you put it - this was all about sexual preference - and I am not nasty - I just happen to believe in a world where truth matters - no wonder we are becoming an obese nation - because everyone is in denial and thinks they all have a reason other than just greed and lack of exercise for being fat. Go for a walk this afternoon - and then every day thereafter for 2 weeks - you will be amazed at the result !"

Bullshit.

You *are* nasty. You are actually encouraging people to hate themselves and making it harder for them to change.

You have no idea at all why people are fat and why they struggle to lose weight. It's not necessarily because they are lazy, greedy or complacent.

Oh, and as for your helpful "suggestion". I actually CAN'T, due to a medical problem, go for a walk this afternoon, or ANY day for the next 2 weeks. So maybe you should stop "helpfully commenting" on shit you have no clue about.

Every word you write about your view of fat people comes across as smug, complacent and very much making sure we know that you know far better than we do, and are far better than we are.

If I were you, I'd be worrying about my own issues rather than those of fat people.

Whats the truth though?

A young lady I'm working with at the moment is obese, she weights around 30 stone

She was sexually abused as a child and in her head if she's fat no man will find her attractive so she's safe

But to her its her safty blanket, she's scared if she looses weight the abuse will start again, she's only 19 years old by the way

I wouldn't say she's fat because she's greedy, I'd say she's fat because she has real deep rooted problems and untill she can learn to deal with those problems she will continue to use food as a safty blanket

But all fat people are put in the same greedy and lazy box, why is that? "

There will always be exceptions to the general rule and she has my utmost sympathy. We are not honestly saying that a significant % of the whole nation has been sexually abused though are we? If so, the argument falls down anyway because there are an awful lot of obese kids out there. Point is - this is just an exception to the general rule - and always happens when people are in denial about a FACT - we are getting lazier and fatter !

"But all fat people are put in the same greedy and lazy box, why is that?"

Because some people need to feel superior and fat people are easy targets.

After all, they can hide their hatred and prejudice behind concern for our health.

Whats the truth though?

There will always be exceptions to the general rule and she has my utmost sympathy. We are not honestly saying that a significant % of the whole nation has been sexually abused though are we? If so, the argument falls down anyway because there are an awful lot of obese kids out there. Point is - this is just an exception to the general rule - and always happens when people are in denial about a FACT - we are getting lazier and fatter !"

People with emotional and psychological difficulties behind their weight issues are not a few exceptions though.

I'd say, actually, that the lazy, greedy ones certain people are banging on about are the few exceptions.

Funny how so many people who've never had a weight problem have all the answers and they're so simple.

"But all fat people are put in the same greedy and lazy box, why is that?

After all, they can hide their hatred and prejudice behind concern for our health."

Oh dear - if you knew me you would know that I am the most "unprejudiced" person in the world. But I also happen to have been brought up thinking the truth matters somewhere along the line. Never lived in the "lefty" "pussy" type world we have created - and thank Christ I haven't - enough said now - you are obviously upset and I don't like upsetting people

I think we're becoming a world where there's a section of people who are "just being honest" and trying to shame people into losing weight while at the same time others are in denial and making excuses.

The reality, as ever, is most people fall in the middle somewhere.

But your blaming and shaming approach is failing just as much as the denial and excuses approach you're decrying.

Doncaster

Whats the truth though?

There will always be exceptions to the general rule and she has my utmost sympathy. We are not honestly saying that a significant % of the whole nation has been sexually abused though are we? If so, the argument falls down anyway because there are an awful lot of obese kids out there. Point is - this is just an exception to the general rule - and always happens when people are in denial about a FACT - we are getting lazier and fatter !"

You'd be seriously shocked at how often sexual abuse occurs that's because it is very rarely reported and very often it's reported too late for action to be taken.

"But all fat people are put in the same greedy and lazy box, why is that?

After all, they can hide their hatred and prejudice behind concern for our health.

Oh dear - if you knew me you would know that I am the most "unprejudiced" person in the world. But I also happen to have been brought up thinking the truth matters somewhere along the line. Never lived in the "lefty" "pussy" type world we have created - and thank Christ I haven't - enough said now - you are obviously upset and I don't like upsetting people "

If you think you are not prejudiced, you are delusional.

You've no clue what you are talking about.

Whats the truth though?

There will always be exceptions to the general rule and she has my utmost sympathy. We are not honestly saying that a significant % of the whole nation has been sexually abused though are we? If so, the argument falls down anyway because there are an awful lot of obese kids out there. Point is - this is just an exception to the general rule - and always happens when people are in denial about a FACT - we are getting lazier and fatter !

You'd be seriously shocked at how often sexual abuse occurs that's because it is very rarely reported and very often it's reported too late for action to be taken. "

No I wouldn't - I worked in that field for several years

Whats the truth though?

It doesn't have to be sexual abuse. Look at rates of the "thin" eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia - rapidly increasing. Look at rates of self harm - rapidly increasing. Look at rates of anxiety among children - rapidly increasing.

Why does it take such a stretch to believe that there are a lot of people out there with mental health issues about their bodies?

Doncaster

Whats the truth though?

You'd be seriously shocked at how often sexual abuse occurs that's because it is very rarely reported and very often it's reported too late for action to be taken.

No I wouldn't - I worked in that field for several years "

Regardless of your experience how could you possibly know when they don't come forward over the issue

Whats the truth though?

Regardless of your experience how could you possibly know when they don't come forward over the issue "

Because 'non-reporting' is factored into the numbers (as best it can be)

Actually, one thing that is simple is if you aren't attracted to fat people, don't meet them.

Shaming us, encouraging us to hate ourselves and eroding any self respect we do have is going to make it harder for us to change, not easier.

Bullying and abuse is not ever going to help anyone better themselves. It's behaviour that doesn't even belong in playgrounds, never mind amongst adults.

By *llebWoman  over a year ago

Poulton Le Fylde

You see that's all well and good but you dont know a person by looking at them. I (mrs) am a size 18, I go to the gym 3/4 times a week, swimming, core strength and cardio exercises. I eat a high protein and low carb diet. I am active, healthy and full of stamina, BUT I am still a big girl. How? I have a disease that wreaks havoc on every part of my body and weight gain is just 1 of many many symptoms. My hormones are out of wacky ( testosterone almost as high as a males ), my insulin is all over the place and I'm on medication for life. My efforts right now mean I don't gain any more weight, I can keep it at an even keel and keep my general health as good as I can do. It annoys me that when a thin woman says " I can eat whatever i want and I can't gain weight" but if a large woman says " I eat well and exercise but can't lose weight" people assume they're lying?

Long story short you're a judgmental fuck who needs to learn a lesson in humility"

Whats the truth though?

Regardless of your experience how could you possibly know when they don't come forward over the issue "

Because they are experts on everything with the answers to everything.

As a fat woman I'm well aware of what I should and shouldn't do. I've battled with my weight for years. As one poster already said it's about far more than greed. And as another said it's often not down to being

"

Side note: You are not grotesque at all. I think you're stunning

Doncaster

[Removed by poster at 17/02/16 13:32:37]

Can't eat a whole one in a single sitting

Your the exact reason I have so many issues with my body and food!.

Doncaster

"

It doesn't have to be sexual abuse. Look at rates of the "thin" eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia - rapidly increasing. Look at rates of self harm - rapidly increasing. Look at rates of anxiety among children - rapidly increasing.

Why does it take such a stretch to believe that there are a lot of people out there with mental health issues about their bodies? "

Good point anorexia and bulimia are actually more damaging to your health than being obese is, yet its the weight issues of obese people that are always the target for shaming

Why is it anyone else's business what someone else looks like? How about people just mind their own fecking business and keep their opinions to themselves? No one finds every body shape attractive, so why do people feel they have to make comment on something they don't like. We don't know everyone's story, therefore why comment? Just enjoy what you do like... Sheesh

Doncaster

Whats the truth though?

Regardless of your experience how could you possibly know when they don't come forward over the issue

Because 'non-reporting' is factored into the numbers (as best it can be)"

. Therefore it is an estimate and can't be used as tangible evidence

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Im always amazed by how many fat women on this site. I mean must be 8 or 9 out of 10! Oh call it what you like 'fabulous, curvy, bbw, ample' =

fat! Where did self control go?

Or pride in your body? Not to mention staying active and alive!"

Pulls up a chair....

Funny things is the OP only wanted to know what the different types of fat was how the hell did we get here

"Why is it anyone else's business what someone else looks like? How about people just mind their own fecking business and keep their opinions to themselves? No one finds every body shape attractive, so why do people feel they have to make comment on something they don't like. We don't know everyone's story, therefore why comment? Just enjoy what you do like... Sheesh "

Particularly when the original question asked didn't ask for anyone's opinion on the way anyone looks.

Any excuse for an anti-fat thread round here.

I've never been overweight in my life so how would I know what it takes to lose weight ?

Not much help but I'm a firm believer that you have to walk in someone's shoes, to know what they're experiencing.

If I was overweight one day I would hope everybody would treat me exactly the same way. Judging by this thread and many similar on the subject I think that would be wishful thinking.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

"Actually, one thing that is simple is if you aren't attracted to fat people, don't meet them.

Shaming us, encouraging us to hate ourselves and eroding any self respect we do have is going to make it harder for us to change, not easier.

Bullying and abuse is not ever going to help anyone better themselves. It's behaviour that doesn't even belong in playgrounds, never mind amongst adults."

Well said.. thank you .

Doncaster

"Funny things is the OP only wanted to know what the different types of fat was how the hell did we get here "

Because we're easily distracted?

I was referring to your "appreciate people for what they are" comment. Of course I can appreciate people for what they are - and fully respect them (and always do) - but when it comes to sex, physical attraction matters - not "what's inside" - that's usually a married man's phrase when his (previously) slim wife turns into a heffer once she has her prize. Trust me - me and the lads talk about it every week down the pub

Your the exact reason I have so many issues with my body and food!."

Exactly.

I'm on a massive diet. I am virtually starving myself a lot of the time. I've lost over a stone so far this year.

I'm feeling so bloody angry and so crap about myself after this thread I could easily wonder what they bloody point is, give up and eat cake.

Insulting me and upsetting me is bound to help me keep denying myself food when it's what I resort to when I am unhappy and stressed.

"I've never been overweight in my life so how would I know what it takes to lose weight ?

Not much help but I'm a firm believer that you have to walk in someone's shoes, to know what they're experiencing.

If I was overweight one day I would hope everybody would treat me exactly the same way. Judging by this thread and many similar on the subject I think that would be wishful thinking."

They won't treat you the same way. Fat people are targets, not people.

"Funny things is the OP only wanted to know what the different types of fat was how the hell did we get here

Because we're easily distracted? "

Because some people cannot resist an opportunity to have a go at fat people. Anything vaguely weight, health, attraction or diet related is fair game.

Exactly.

I'm on a massive diet. I am virtually starving myself a lot of the time. I've lost over a stone so far this year.

I'm feeling so bloody angry and so crap about myself after this thread I could easily wonder what they bloody point is, give up and eat cake.

Insulting me and upsetting me is bound to help me keep denying myself food when it's what I resort to when I am unhappy and stressed."

You sound like you are doing very well. And without being patronising perhaps these threads are best avoided while you feel like this. Only because you seem to take them very personal for what seems like a good reason to.

They never ever end well on here.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Exactly.

Insulting me and upsetting me is bound to help me keep denying myself food when it's what I resort to when I am unhappy and stressed."

Why let complete strangers on a forum upset you so much, so that you go off and eat cake. People will always have their own opioion on "fat" people but we need to love who we are if we don't then change. I'm changing because I want to not because I'm unhappy about myself. I still get meets on here and I just ignore the things people say. I do however also think that some don't have tact and could cause an adverse effect on someone's self esteem which clearly it has on you...sometimes it's better to step away from a thread than to try and argue a point where the other party are clearly standing by their view point.

I hope those of you that have made my diet that much more difficult today, and have knocked my confidence again, are proud of yourselves.

Still, I may be fat, but as this thread makes clear, there are far worse things to be.

Nasty, vile things can be contained in "attractive" packages.

"I hope those of you that have made my diet that much more difficult today, and have knocked my confidence again, are proud of yourselves.

Still, I may be fat, but as this thread makes clear, there are far worse things to be.

Nasty, vile things can be contained in "attractive" packages."

Think it's time to step away....have a break for an hour do something you enjoy, don't let strangers dictate your day.

"Why is it anyone else's business what someone else looks like? How about people just mind their own fecking business and keep their opinions to themselves? No one finds every body shape attractive, so why do people feel they have to make comment on something they don't like. We don't know everyone's story, therefore why comment? Just enjoy what you do like... Sheesh

Particularly when the original question asked didn't ask for anyone's opinion on the way anyone looks.

Any excuse for an anti-fat thread round here."

You are right. Sorry OP, my answer to your question is possibly genetics. My fat tummy hang is due to having been very overweight and 3 c sections, then big weight loss.

Exactly.

Insulting me and upsetting me is bound to help me keep denying myself food when it's what I resort to when I am unhappy and stressed.

You sound like you are doing very well. And without being patronising perhaps these threads are best avoided while you feel like this. Only because you seem to take them very personal for what seems like a good reason to.

They never ever end well on here. "

This thread wasn't supposed to be a fat bashing thread though.

The OP was a completely different subject. Slim people can have a high degree of visceral fat, so a thread about the different types of fat isn't actually about overweight people.

But some people just can't help but have a go. It's impossible to avoid fat bashing threads on here because some people pervert every possible opportunity.

"I hope those of you that have made my diet that much more difficult today, and have knocked my confidence again, are proud of yourselves.

Think it's time to step away....have a break for an hour do something you enjoy, don't let strangers dictate your day. "

Why the fuck not? They think they can dictate how I should look, how I should eat and how I should exercise.

Think it's time to step away....have a break for an hour do something you enjoy, don't let strangers dictate your day.

Why the fuck not? They think they can dictate how I should look, how I should eat and how I should exercise.

"

You know what I was trying to help so I won't bother do what you like, argue with who you like....I was offering an alternative. Enjoy

What the hell happened in here?

-Courtney

Exactly.

The OP was a completely different subject. Slim people can have a high degree of visceral fat, so a thread about the different types of fat isn't actually about overweight people.

But some people just can't help but have a go. It's impossible to avoid fat bashing threads on here because some people pervert every possible opportunity."

Don't worry about it was just offering some support as it's clearly an issue.

Don't let it ruin your hard work.

Peace out.

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

We are what we are.... you should be judged for your personality not what covers your body......unfortunately too many judgemental people for the women who have more to please with!

Exactly.

But some people just can't help but have a go. It's impossible to avoid fat bashing threads on here because some people pervert every possible opportunity.

Don't worry about it was just offering some support as it's clearly an issue.

Don't let it ruin your hard work.

Peace out. "

Thanks. Yes, today it's an issue.

I'm struggling and it pisses me off when smug, clueless people make it more difficult whilst thinking they are "encouraging" people to change.

Still, I suppose I should laugh when people say things like the site should be called fat swingers and then say they aren't nasty.

Alreet people I'm Craig from the toon and if you want my opinion ur fine just big boned lol am a large chap myself and you what it is its POWER !!!

I have an over hanging stomach because i put on a lot of weight during pregnancy and then had a c-section.

You know what I was trying to help so I won't bother do what you like, argue with who you like....I was offering an alternative. Enjoy "

I'm pissed off with the arseholes and with myself for letting them get to me, not you.

I'm not going to eat cake because I don't buy cake now and I'm not going out to buy some.

It is more difficult not to binge when people run me down though.

Going off and doing something that will make me feel better basically means eat. I don't have new coping strategies for anger and stress yet. I vent or eat. Or both.

sheffield

Just to cheer everyone up. I am bald, ugly, fat and bald. I am told this regularly by people from this site. I know it is someones opinion and they have every right to have it.

The thing is you can never change everything and one persons wrong is anothers right etc.

Whatever your opinion 3 of these things bald, old and ugly i can do nothing about, but me mum loves me.

[Removed by poster at 17/02/16 14:17:40]

You know what I was trying to help so I won't bother do what you like, argue with who you like....I was offering an alternative. Enjoy

I'm pissed off with the arseholes and with myself for letting them get to me, not you.

I'm not going to eat cake because I don't buy cake now and I'm not going out to buy some.

It is more difficult not to binge when people run me down though.

Going off and doing something that will make me feel better basically means eat. I don't have new coping strategies for anger and stress yet. I vent or eat. Or both."

ive always struggled with my weight, even when ive lost it i still class myself as a fat person because i know eventually it will go back on, i say im a fat person borrowing a thin body for a while

ive always had an unhealthy relationshop with food, i have no idea how to diet so when i do loose weight its because i stop eating or take other extreme measures, but it dont last, i always put it back on and then im back to square one, trying to loose it again

not all of us are perfect, i know im not, i have faults, probably why im single

i look at myself regular and think why do i bother, who have i got to look nice for

theres only me

but we keep at it because we believe it will make us happy

" ive always struggled with my weight, even when ive lost it i still class myself as a fat person because i know eventually it will go back on, i say im a fat person borrowing a thin body for a while 

ive always had an unhealthy relationshop with food, i have no idea how to diet so when i do loose weight its because i stop eating or take other extreme measures, but it dont last, i always put it back on and then im back to square one, trying to loose it again

i look at myself regular and think why do i bother, who have i got to look nice for

theres only me

but we keep at it because we believe it will make us happy"

I keep at it for several reasons.

I know how to eat healthily and I know the theory of "simply eating less and moving more". It doesn't work for me. My body is stubborn and resists. I have to cut calories down to stupid levels.

I have a mood disorder and my relationship with food is twisted. It makes it that much more difficult. I'm left trying to work out the emotional aspects by myself. There's virtually no help available for that.

I'm tired with smug people with no clue telling me how "simple" it is to lose weight.

If it was simple, I'd be slim. Simple.

sheffield

"Just to cheer everyone up. I am bald, ugly, fat and bald. I am told this regularly by people from this site. I know it is someones opinion and they have every right to have it.

The thing is you can never change everything and one persons wrong is anothers right etc.

Whatever your opinion 3 of these things bald, old and ugly i can do nothing about, but me mum loves me.

"

Which is better than no one loving you

" ive always struggled with my weight, even when ive lost it i still class myself as a fat person because i know eventually it will go back on, i say im a fat person borrowing a thin body for a while 

theres only me

but we keep at it because we believe it will make us happy

I keep at it for several reasons.

I know how to eat healthily and I know the theory of "simply eating less and moving more". It doesn't work for me. My body is stubborn and resists. I have to cut calories down to stupid levels.

I have a mood disorder and my relationship with food is twisted. It makes it that much more difficult. I'm left trying to work out the emotional aspects by myself. There's virtually no help available for that.

I'm tired with smug people with no clue telling me how "simple" it is to lose weight.

If it was simple, I'd be slim. Simple."

Yep, same here. I too have a bad relationship with food. It is ALWAYS dependant on my mood.

I I eat very little, mostly proteins, fruit and veg and I feel really good about myself, but as soon as something even a little bit stressful happens I reach for carbs.. Cake, biscuits and bread..all of which make me pile on the pounds. It has taken me a couple of years to loose 4 stone, going from size 24 to 16/18 and I still see myself as the bigger girl.

As for excercise, I try but I also have Multiple Sclerosis and find it incredibly difficult to do without absoloutely knocking myself out for days after. And on top of all that, when people just fippantly throw out fat insults, like both of you feel, it really knocks my confidence so much and the cycle of self-loathing starts all over again

Which is why I wish people would keep their opinions about it to themselves

A xx

Its easy. Shit more

By *iggles and BeardyCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Eat better, excercise more = it goes away.

Fat is horrible, but will only go away if you do something about it.

"Eat better, excercise more = it goes away.

Fat is horrible, but will only go away if you do something about it."

This. Or if you're rich, pay for lipo

Bristol

Ohh and make sure you do both excercise and eat better. Just going on a diet, will give you saggy skin and only doing excercise will just make you tired.

Excercise + rest + good food. (No need for a diet, just eat better, less food but more often).

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

If it was as easy as that .... we would all be a size 10 ...

It is all about dedication and to be very strict, anyone can do it, it just depends how much someone wants it.

"Im fat and I understand why im fat

If you dont like someones shape keep that opinion to yourself unless asked to give one

In general, that's exactly what a forum is for."

"Just to cheer everyone up. I am bald, ugly, fat and bald. I am told this regularly by people from this site. I know it is someones opinion and they have every right to have it.

"

But to some people you will be young and attractive. And some people get hot for bald guys.

"Ohh and make sure you do both excercise and eat better. Just going on a diet, will give you saggy skin and only doing excercise will just make you tired.

Excercise + rest + good food. (No need for a diet, just eat better, less food but more often). "

Sometimes you can do both and still get saggy skin. Or neither and not have it. That's our old friend genetics as well.

Quite a closed minded view from a guy claiming to be open minded"

that guy is a disgrace

Bristol

"It is all about dedication and to be very strict, anyone can do it, it just depends how much someone wants it."

Indeed, I'm still a fat bastard, but hitting gym 3-4 times a week. Eating better, smaller meals, more often, rather than one big meal a day like I used too.

Result, I look better than I did, stand straighter and have far more confidence.

I'm loving it and feel a ton better and my asthma barely effects me anymore (used to go through a blue pump a week)

Doncaster

"Ohh and make sure you do both excercise and eat better. Just going on a diet, will give you saggy skin and only doing excercise will just make you tired.

Excercise + rest + good food. (No need for a diet, just eat better, less food but more often). "

Yet I do slimming world and eat much more now than I ever did when I was 14 stone heavier its not necessarily eating less it's eating the right things in balance.

Eating less sends the body into its survival starvation mode so then when you do eat and that's just eat not binge (binging would make matters worse) it conserves the fat to see you through your next period of starvation.

"It is all about dedication and to be very strict, anyone can do it, it just depends how much someone wants it.

Indeed, I'm still a fat bastard, but hitting gym 3-4 times a week. Eating better, smaller meals, more often, rather than one big meal a day like I used too.

Result, I look better than I did, stand straighter and have far more confidence.

I'm loving it and feel a ton better and my asthma barely effects me anymore (used to go through a blue pump a week)"

And we all stand at the cake shop every day of course "

He gets a lot of sex too which helps!!

Cleo ??

It's all diet in my opinion

M

"

No but i dont eat myself stupid!

Doncaster

No but i dont eat myself stupid!"

And you assume all fat people do? Not always the case, that's a poorly educated view

But then given your crass opinions on previous threads this one you've made doesn't shock me. your level hypocrisy does amuse me though

Not all illnesses can be cured with medication "

Okay...

If you think doctors only look at physical causes for anything then you have no idea what we do - well, some of us.

Biopsychosocial is the model we use.

I'm sorry if the doctors you have met didn't have the compassion or empathy to at least engage with you on the level you needed. I don't always manage it, but I do try.

However, the actual weight component is a physical thing and perpetuating fallicies about eating too late or not eating breakfast or eating small and often or any other excuses to explain away difficulties with weight management is not being honest or helping the people who come to me. The basics rules are simple; implementing them is much harder of course. But the very first thing that needs to be accepted are the physical rules that underpin weight management. Once these are out of the way, you can talk about how to try and achieve them.

In my experience the worst thing for those who want to lose weight and don't manage is hopelessness. When you think you try everything and it doesn't work then why try?

So the first thing I try to do is encourage and reassure that the body will respond predictably to an energy deficit.

How to achieve that starts with a long conversation. But it's also important to understand that it is not something that I can do for you. But you can do it for yourself.

As I said, there should be no judgement here. If you're happy with your shape, whatever it is, then there is no issue - unless of course it risks your Heath.

But lots of people want to lose weight, and the first step has to be honesty and empowerment.

Doncaster

Okay...

If you think doctors only look at physical causes for anything then you have no idea what we do - well, some of us.

I'm sorry if the doctors you have met didn't have the compassion or empathy to at least engage with you on the level you needed. I don't always manage it, but I do try.

However, the actual weight component is a physical thing and perpetuating fallicies about eating too late or not eating breakfast or eating small and often or any other excuses to explain away difficulties with weight management is not being honest or helping the people who come to me. The basics rules are simple; implementing them is much harder of course. But the very first thing that needs to be accepted are the physical rules that underpin weight management. Once these are out of the way, you can talk about how to try and achieve them.

In my experience the worst thing for those who want to lose weight and don't manage is hopelessness. When you think you try everything and it doesn't work then why try?

So the first thing I try to do is encourage and reassure that the body will respond predictably to an energy deficit.

How to achieve that starts with a long conversation. But it's also important to understand that it is not something that I can do for you. But you can do it for yourself.

As I said, there should be no judgement here. If you're happy with your shape, whatever it is, then there is no issue - unless of course it risks your Heath.

But lots of people want to lose weight, and the first step has to be honesty and empowerment.

"

But you (the doctor) essentially admitted to starving yourself, that's not healthy as I would hope you are fully aware anorexia (starving no yourself) and bulimia are far more damaging to the health than obesity

Do Porkers try harder ?

I mean obviously I do....

Doncaster

"Do Porkers try harder ?

I mean obviously I do...."

I give as good as I get

Okay...

But you (the doctor) essentially admitted to starving yourself, that's not healthy as I would hope you are fully aware anorexia (starving no yourself) and bulimia are far more damaging to the health than obesity "

I feed him, he doesn't starve himself in that way we just watch what we eat and limit our intake when necessary. My weight goes up and down all the time and I'm never happy when it's up. I usually find I eat more when I'm unhappy which then becomes a vicious circle. I just have to understand the triggers. Eating is an addiction for some just like smoking or alcohol. It makes us feel better for a short period of time. They are all equally hard to give up for many reasons. And of course you can never give up eating! You just have to ensure that you burn as much as goes in to maintain a healthy balance. Or burn more than goes in to get to the balance. It's more about what you eat than how exercise you do IMO. (I'm not the Dr, just the wife of.... )

Okay...

But you (the doctor) essentially admitted to starving yourself, that's not healthy as I would hope you are fully aware anorexia (starving no yourself) and bulimia are far more damaging to the health than obesity "

My point was, calorie restriction is incredibly difficult. I have absolute sympathy for it because I struggle myself. My white coffee 1 sugar is 80 calories. I might drink 6 a day. That's 500 calories before eating. To lose weight you have to be extreme. It's not bulimia or anorexia! And of course those things are destructive. But my body probably needs 1700 kcal per day to maintain my weight. That's just me. I can deny that and go with the 2500 recommended, but I'll put on weight steadily. So to lose weight I have to go under 1700. You always consume more than you think, so I aim for 1000 during weight loss phases. If I aim for that I probably take in 1300-1400. So I slowly lose weight.

If I aim for 1400 I'll take in 1700 and won't lose anything and will get disillusioned.

I'm 14st and 6'2" with BMI 27-28. I'm not anorexic!

It's just a hard truth to swallow. I wish it were easier, but wishing alone won't do the trick.

Okay...

"

I've never had any problems with doctors on a personal note regarding my weight because I never go to the doctors, I haven't seen a doctor in over 20 years

I work with many thought and the way they talk about patients when they have gone is shocking

Most had no empathy at all

Doncaster

Okay...

But you (the doctor) essentially admitted to starving yourself, that's not healthy as I would hope you are fully aware anorexia (starving no yourself) and bulimia are far more damaging to the health than obesity

My point was, calorie restriction is incredibly difficult. I have absolute sympathy for it because I struggle myself. My white coffee 1 sugar is 80 calories. I might drink 6 a day. That's 500 calories before eating. To lose weight you have to be extreme. It's not bulimia or anorexia! And of course those things are destructive. But my body probably needs 1700 kcal per day to maintain my weight. That's just me. I can deny that and go with the 2500 recommended, but I'll put on weight steadily. So to lose weight I have to go under 1700. You always consume more than you think, so I aim for 1000 during weight loss phases. If I aim for that I probably take in 1300-1400. So I slowly lose weight.

If I aim for 1400 I'll take in 1700 and won't lose anything and will get disillusioned.

I'm 14st and 6'2" with BMI 27-28. I'm not anorexic!

It's just a hard truth to swallow. I wish it were easier, but wishing alone won't do the trick. "

I wasn't calling you anorexic (though admit I didn't quite phrase myself right) it's just starving themselves is a cause of anorexia. But even with a relatively healthy BMI starving yourself the way your choosing too isn't healthy and as a doctor you should know that so certainly shouldn't advise others to do so

Oooo I bet your inbox overfloweth after that little (chicken) nugget! "

Oh yes. Lots of 'im fat and happy so fuck you' cos its easier that way than self control. It didnt go down well the last time i met a fat lady and said 'c'mon love, fart and give us a clue!!'

Doncaster

Okay...

I've never had any problems with doctors on a personal note regarding my weight because I never go to the doctors, I haven't seen a doctor in over 20 years

I work with many thought and the way they talk about patients when they have gone is shocking

Most had no empathy at all "

Yes and this doctor isn't showing much empathy either.

Judgemental much?!

no - he's absolutely right - it should be re-named "fat swingers" "

Rite on!

Doncaster

Judgemental much?!

no - he's absolutely right - it should be re-named "fat swingers"

Rite on!"

If you don't like it you know where the delete account option is

Oooo I bet your inbox overfloweth after that little (chicken) nugget!

Oh yes. Lots of 'im fat and happy so fuck you' cos its easier that way than self control. It didnt go down well the last time i met a fat lady and said 'c'mon love, fart and give us a clue!!'

"

Your not really being constructive or adding to the topic your just in here to be as rude as possible

It's not making you look clever and your not funny, grow up

[Removed by poster at 17/02/16 19:42:36]

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

These threads never go down well.

Simple thing here, is that someone else's appearance or health is none of your fucking concern. So if you don't like it, shut the fuck up and have some respect for the fact that the fat cunt, skinny arsehole, spotty prat or whatever is a PERSON with feelings.

Judgemental, ugly people here!