FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > "hi" Messages

"hi" Messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rincesscaracouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

Saltburn

Does anyone else just ignore messages of 3 words or less or is it just us? We get sick of stupid "hi guys" or "I wanna fuck you" messages from total strangers. If people can't string a sentence together how can they then bitch and moan that they get ignored?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Agree...i normally get hit with "you free".

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Past experience of "hi" messages are as follows;

Them; Hi

Me; Hi (well, what else do you say?!)

Them; How's you?

Me; Good thanks, you?

Them; Good too thanks

Excuse me while I calm myself down with this scintillating conversation

Saltburn

"Past experience of "hi" messages are as follows;

Them; Hi

Them; How's you?

Me; Good thanks, you?

Them; Good too thanks

Excuse me while I calm myself down with this scintillating conversation "

Lmao

By *andomfodCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Best one we had was simply "x"

That was the whole message. Not one line, not even a single word could be managed.

Wow.

B

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Them; Hi

Them; How's you?

Me; Good thanks, you?

Them; Good too thanks

Flamehaired....hi!

By *xpanding our horizonsCouple  over a year ago

East Anglia

Yep. It says in my profile not to do it. Drives me mad when I get email notifications, as I cant tell who they're from.

As for the content, say something interesting! Tbh, I wouldn't mind 'I want to fuck you' ones, but we've blocked single males, so I don't get many like that on here. Plenty on whatsapp and facebook though lol

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Them; Hi

Them; How's you?

Me; Good thanks, you?

Them; Good too thanks

I've had those too.

Or sometimes they say hi, I say hi, they say hi again, I give up.

"Does anyone else just ignore messages of 3 words or less or is it just us? We get sick of stupid "hi guys" or "I wanna fuck you" messages from total strangers. If people can't string a sentence together how can they then bitch and moan that they get ignored?"
hey ultimately its your choice wether you are interested in a guy or not, women and couples on here get many messages yes but guys send many messages and most don't get read or answered ,a new guy on here could send 50-100 messages and not get one reply do you want him to write essays everytime only for them to be ignored and deleted ,I always read the profile and send polite messages with target profile in mind and with a face picand that said even when you've struck up a friendship and message regularly still messages don't get read or replied to ,the hi messages are about you as the minority looking at that person who's obviously interested in you so a quick flick on his profile to see if you are interested in him surely wouldn't hurt

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

"Agree...i normally get hit with "you free".

"

Standard reply is "I don't come cheap"

Must resist urge to message op "hi, fancy a fuck"

This wouldn't be funny

This wouldn't be funny

This wouldn't...oh fuck

"Does anyone else just ignore messages of 3 words or less or is it just us? We get sick of stupid "hi guys" or "I wanna fuck you" messages from total strangers. If people can't string a sentence together how can they then bitch and moan that they get ignored?"

Our record is three messages with a total of just 8 words between the three messages !

In all honesty it depends on my mood. If I'm in a good mood I'll take a look at the profile and write back accordingly (whether it's yes or no). If I'm in a meh mood, I just delete it.

There are few messages I won't reply to, and as it says on my profile, "Hi" is one of them.

-Courtney

Saltburn

"Must resist urge to message op "hi, fancy a fuck"

This wouldn't be funny

This wouldn't be funny

This wouldn't...oh fuck"

Feel free it would just get you a block like the rest who do it

It is very seldom you get couples that can string a sentence together as well lol.

By *ashedMan  over a year ago

hemel

Them; Hi

Them; How's you?

Me; Good thanks, you?

Them; Good too thanks

hi

lol

By *unlovinguy_68Man  over a year ago

nottingham

The only time I do short messages are when I've seen a comment that they have posted that's made me laugh or I've thought 'yes they're right putting that' and I've let them know that

I'm not always trying to get in their knickers

You get out of this what you put into it!

This wouldn't be funny

This wouldn't be funny

This wouldn't...oh fuck

Feel free it would just get you a block like the rest who do it"

Nope, I'm putting my mittens on so I can't!

Them; Hi

Them; How's you?

Me; Good thanks, you?

Them; Good too thanks

When i get a hi message i reply sometimes if i can be bothered with... hi, yes im good thanks, nothing much just chilling and chatting, no thanks im not looking too meet... they usually reply with some sort of rant lol

By *manda63Woman  over a year ago

Southampton

We had a "hi" message, had there been a face pic attached, they may have got a reply but there wasn't so it was a delete

Maybe people use that as a way of seeing if you are interested and reply. Online sites are full of people demanding great imaginative first messages but let's be honest what did you first say to your partner when you met them? I'm sure if they came at you in a club or out in the street with some big great speech you'd just think they were a player or a weirdo but online it seems to be expected?

By *ashedMan  over a year ago

hemel

I normally do

hi please take a look at my profile and see what you think xx

for the first message .then that way if they not for you they might reply with a thanks but no thanks .or if they rude won't reply. first message are always hard too long and you bore them too short they not interested .

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"I normally do

for the first message .then that way if they not for you they might reply with a thanks but no thanks .or if they rude won't reply. first message are always hard too long and you bore them too short they not interested ."

It's rude not to reply to a "hi" message?

Is it rude, if my profile says one line messages don't interest me, for someone to send me a one word message?

First messages may be difficult for some but it should be evident that most people won't bother to reply to "hi". As with the example above, those sorts of message exchanges usually go nowhere and are boring.

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

This wouldn't be funny

This wouldn't be funny

This wouldn't...oh fuck"

Fancy a fuck ???? Lol xxxxx

"Does anyone else just ignore messages of 3 words or less or is it just us? We get sick of stupid "hi guys" or "I wanna fuck you" messages from total strangers. If people can't string a sentence together how can they then bitch and moan that they get ignored? hey ultimately its your choice wether you are interested in a guy or not, women and couples on here get many messages yes but guys send many messages and most don't get read or answered ,a new guy on here could send 50-100 messages and not get one reply do you want him to write essays everytime only for them to be ignored and deleted ,I always read the profile and send polite messages with target profile in mind and with a face picand that said even when you've struck up a friendship and message regularly still messages don't get read or replied to ,the hi messages are about you as the minority looking at that person who's obviously interested in you so a quick flick on his profile to see if you are interested in him surely wouldn't hurt "

I reply xxxx

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Any time I get a hi message I respond with lo

Saltburn

"I normally do

for the first message .then that way if they not for you they might reply with a thanks but no thanks .or if they rude won't reply. first message are always hard too long and you bore them too short they not interested ."

Not replying is not rude how many times do we have to go over this? It is stated in the rules that a non reply should be taken as a no. simples!!

By *edallionMan  over a year ago

manchester

Am not a fan of guys who just put "hi" in their messages. Maybe, they've tried the long introduction ones and got no reply but won't be wrong to say that some guys learnt that from some couples on here who just say "are you free now" out of nowhere.

By *reykiwi500Man  over a year ago

West Kent (near Tonbridge)

"Does anyone else just ignore messages of 3 words or less or is it just us? We get sick of stupid "hi guys" or "I wanna fuck you" messages from total strangers. If people can't string a sentence together how can they then bitch and moan that they get ignored? hey ultimately its your choice wether you are interested in a guy or not, women and couples on here get many messages yes but guys send many messages and most don't get read or answered ,a new guy on here could send 50-100 messages and not get one reply do you want him to write essays everytime only for them to be ignored and deleted ,I always read the profile and send polite messages with target profile in mind and with a face picand that said even when you've struck up a friendship and message regularly still messages don't get read or replied to ,the hi messages are about you as the minority looking at that person who's obviously interested in you so a quick flick on his profile to see if you are interested in him surely wouldn't hurt "

I've had similar experiences, unfortunately. I certainly would never message with a one liner, such as a 'hi', 'fancy a fuck' or text speak etc... but the proportion of times messages, particularly from single guys, get deleted or ignored can be a bit disheartening after a while.

In saying that, I'm absolutely not complaining at all (even though it possibly sounds like it!). It is what it is and for those who receive a lot of messages, it's totally unreasonable to expect them to put the time in to replying to anything that doesn't stand out for them. However, there have been many times when I've put quite a bit of effort into a respectful message with face pic, taking into account the profile or the person I'm messaging, only for me to end up thinking that I might as well have just said something like: "Hi, love your profile and I'm interested, are you?" or just winked. I wouldn't expect to get anywhere with that sort of approach, and nor should I, but I can sort of understand the thinking behind a simple 'Hi' message, even if I wouldn't send one myself.

By *ullbackbuttMan  over a year ago

Purton

This wouldn't be funny

This wouldn't be funny

This wouldn't...oh fuck

Fancy a fuck ???? Lol xxxxx "

Hey sexysuzi fancy a fuck?

This wouldn't be funny

This wouldn't be funny

This wouldn't...oh fuck

Fancy a fuck ???? Lol xxxxx "

Seeing as you ask so nicely, why not

"I normally do

for the first message .then that way if they not for you they might reply with a thanks but no thanks .or if they rude won't reply. first message are always hard too long and you bore them too short they not interested .

Not replying is not rude how many times do we have to go over this? It is stated in the rules that a non reply should be taken as a no. simples!!"

Absolutely. The rules on this make perfect sense to me and I don't consider it as rude at all. In many cases, it's not practical to reply to everyone and in any case, why should people feel obligated to spend time on someone they're not interested in?

However it does get a bit disheartening being on the receiving end after a while, so I can understand the approach effort becoming a bit more...err....jaded after a while.

By *alldarkhandsomedaveMan  over a year ago

Derby

I can completely understand this from the receivers point of view but as a guy who does like to write a few sentences, trying to pick things out of someone's profile, it is annoying when they just get deleted without any response lol!!

Some people are probably just being lazy, others may just be using "Hi, how are you?" as a sounding board to see if you're interested?

Granted, if it continues into second or even third messages then they deserve deleting!!

Saltburn

""Hi, love your profile and I'm interested, are you?""

Totally acceptable opening message.

[Removed by poster at 15/02/16 13:46:45]

This wouldn't be funny

This wouldn't be funny

This wouldn't...oh fuck

Hey sexysuzi fancy a fuck?"

Shall we make it a 3 sum, you, maverick and me ...hey a party is beginning hehe xxxx

This wouldn't be funny

This wouldn't be funny

This wouldn't...oh fuck

Seeing as you ask so nicely, why not "

Yep that's me .. I know how to ask politely lol xxxxxx

By *ittlemisssassypantsCouple  over a year ago

South East Wales

I'm at the other end of the spectrum and could end up typing an essay if I'm not careful

By *abphilMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"I can completely understand this from the receivers point of view but as a guy who does like to write a few sentences, trying to pick things out of someone's profile, it is annoying when they just get deleted without any response lol!!

Some people are probably just being lazy, others may just be using "Hi, how are you?" as a sounding board to see if you're interested?

Granted, if it continues into second or even third messages then they deserve deleting!!"

Absolutely right you get deleted either way and you will get the same old answers but, etc, etc, but well said.

Saltburn

"I'm at the other end of the spectrum and could end up typing an essay if I'm not careful "

Not in to essays either just a nice polite message containing more than half a dozen words written in something resembling english not text speak will suffice.

""Hi, love your profile and I'm interested, are you?"

"

Well, it is nine words as opposed to three!

Seriously though, I wonder if many women/couples consider that to be a perfectly acceptable opening message? I'm making an assumption there's a face pic attached and the sender of the message fits the criteria of the recipient profile, of course.

Reading what people say, it seems many are looking for a stand out message, but it can be very hard to know how long (or short) to make it sometimes. As someone else said - too long and it bores, too short and you might fall into the 'one liner' category.

Saltburn

Seriously though, I wonder if many women/couples consider that to be a perfectly acceptable opening message? I'm making an assumption there's a face pic attached and the sender of the message fits the criteria of the recipient profile, of course.

Reading what people say, it seems many are looking for a stand out message, but it can be very hard to know how long (or short) to make it sometimes. As someone else said - too long and it bores, too short and you might fall into the 'one liner' category."

Look up lol

"Maybe people use that as a way of seeing if you are interested and reply. Online sites are full of people demanding great imaginative first messages but let's be honest what did you first say to your partner when you met them? I'm sure if they came at you in a club or out in the street with some big great speech you'd just think they were a player or a weirdo but online it seems to be expected? "

Exactly this .

If guys send an essay it's a waste of their time and effort most of the time .

So a short hi alerts you to their presence .

If you ignore it , no harm done . No time wasted .

We often get an initial message from someone consisting of a handful of words and tend to just delete if honest. It's even more frustrating when someone with no public pics does it, we just think what's the point ?

Saltburn

"We often get an initial message from someone consisting of a handful of words and tend to just delete if honest. It's even more frustrating when someone with no public pics does it, we just think what's the point ?"

Agreed

Reading what people say, it seems many are looking for a stand out message, but it can be very hard to know how long (or short) to make it sometimes. As someone else said - too long and it bores, too short and you might fall into the 'one liner' category.

Look up lol "

Haha. Posted while I was taking special care in crafting my comment. Didn't want to make it too long or short

Saltburn

Look up lol

Haha. Posted while I was taking special care in crafting my comment. Didn't want to make it too long or short "

It was bit lengthy lol

I send face pics like people request and I'm polite and I get told to die or fuck off or something abuaive then I get blocked!

Look up lol

Haha. Posted while I was taking special care in crafting my comment. Didn't want to make it too long or short

It was bit lengthy lol "

Clearly!

Saltburn

Oh on the public pic thing we have them filtered out now as we got sick of messages from silhouettes.

Reading what people say, it seems many are looking for a stand out message, but it can be very hard to know how long (or short) to make it sometimes. As someone else said - too long and it bores, too short and you might fall into the 'one liner' category."

It would be an acceptable message for me.

The ones I like best are ones that tell me what about my profile they found interesting (whether that be making a video, a bit of bondage, etc.).

What I always hear from guys is that it would take too long to do that for everyone they send messages to. But the way I see it is that this is usually what I do when I'm interested in a profile. I don't message hundreds of people - I just message the people I'm interested in and I put some effort into it.

When other people don't put as much effort into their first message as my "no thank you" message would take in return then I often wonder why I should bother?

-Courtney

"I send face pics like people request and I'm polite and I get told to die or fuck off or something abuaive then I get blocked!

"

Wow! Really? I've never ever had anyone be abusive to me on this site. I might be being a bit naive in saying this, but if you're sending a polite, respectful message to someone (with a face pic) where you fit their criteria, I'm amazed that you get abuse like that.

Saltburn

Is it just me (and this isn't a racist thing) but do all the silhouettes look the same?

"I send face pics like people request and I'm polite and I get told to die or fuck off or something abuaive then I get blocked!

Wow! Really? I've never ever had anyone be abusive to me on this site. I might be being a bit naive in saying this, but if you're sending a polite, respectful message to someone (with a face pic) where you fit their criteria, I'm amazed that you get abuse like that."

That's the thing I don't understand how people can be like that!

I know there's a lot of shallow stuck up their arse people who think they are better than everyone else on here but a reply of no thanks takes all of 2 seconds!

might not be everyone's cup of tea but the way some people act it's like I'm hideous lol

Then I see verifications from couples or woman I've messaged and they've only gone and had meets with shrek and I think wow and I'm ugly lol

Hi .............. lol could not resist

I absolutely agree with the OP - I think if someone as gone past the "look or wink" stage, the least they can do is send a message that string together a group of words called a "sentence" as apposed to a direct question or statement

"Is it just me (and this isn't a racist thing) but do all the silhouettes look the same? "

You're so silhouettist!!!

Saltburn

"Is it just me (and this isn't a racist thing) but do all the silhouettes look the same?

You're so silhouettist!!! "

Sorry

Wow! Really? I've never ever had anyone be abusive to me on this site. I might be being a bit naive in saying this, but if you're sending a polite, respectful message to someone (with a face pic) where you fit their criteria, I'm amazed that you get abuse like that.

That's the thing I don't understand how people can be like that!

I know there's a lot of shallow stuck up their arse people who think they are better than everyone else on here but a reply of no thanks takes all of 2 seconds!

might not be everyone's cup of tea but the way some people act it's like I'm hideous lol

Then I see verifications from couples or woman I've messaged and they've only gone and had meets with shrek and I think wow and I'm ugly lol"

A thanks but no thanks reply to YOU takes all of 2 seconds. To the other 150 similar responses pending, it takes a tad more time investment that that. Don't ever expect a polite reply - a no reply is not rude. I'm more getting at someone who took the time to send you abuse back, assuming your message was polite etc..

Obviously it's up to the individual who they meet. All points of view on attractiveness are just that.

By *ransGuyTV/TS  over a year ago

Cardiff

The length of the message doesn't bother me and, as long as they aren't being an arse (but they tend to block me straight after sending the message anyway), the content doesn't bother me.

It's their profile I am more interested in.

I know that guys can get very fed up with typing out long messages only to have them read and ignored /deleted or just deleted without being read, so I don't blame them for cutting them right down BUT they need a decent profile, or to at least have read mine and sent some photos, to cover what their message is missing.

"Is it just me (and this isn't a racist thing) but do all the silhouettes look the same? "

They do! And the profile is always the same....

I don't really like first messages that are literally just "hi" or "x", but I also don't want anyone to spend ages slaving over an epic first message because to be honest I look at the profile first and generally know whether I'm interested or not based on that anyway.

can see from the first line if its even worth opening or hit the delete button

This is a true convo I had with a man off here, of few words clearly.

Him: U Ok

Me: Yes ok.

Him: Ok

Him. Wnt 2 meet

Me: No

All depends on my mood whether I can be arsed replying, but with this particular 'gentleman' I was concerned his pillow talk might keep me up all night!

"I don't really like first messages that are literally just "hi" or "x", but I also don't want anyone to spend ages slaving over an epic first message because to be honest I look at the profile first and generally know whether I'm interested or not based on that anyway. "
...Agreed, once some form of attraction is established then yes, longer more searching messages may be in order

By *abphilMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"This is a true convo I had with a man off here, of few words clearly.

Him: U Ok

Me: Yes ok.

Him. Wnt 2 meet

Me: No

All depends on my mood whether I can be arsed replying, but with this particular 'gentleman' I was concerned his pillow talk might keep me up all night! "

It was good of you to be "arsed to reply" keep up the good work

"I don't really like first messages that are literally just "hi" or "x", but I also don't want anyone to spend ages slaving over an epic first message because to be honest I look at the profile first and generally know whether I'm interested or not based on that anyway. ...Agreed, once some form of attraction is established then yes, longer more searching messages may be in order "

xxxxx

I rarely reply to any messages like that unless their profile has a lot more going for it!!

Them; Hi

Them; How's you?

Me; Good thanks, you?

Them; Good too thanks

I either do that or reply

Is that the best you can do, frankly I am rather insulted by the taxing level of conversation. I will leave you to go and lie down as this must have tired you out.

"Maybe people use that as a way of seeing if you are interested and reply. Online sites are full of people demanding great imaginative first messages but let's be honest what did you first say to your partner when you met them? I'm sure if they came at you in a club or out in the street with some big great speech you'd just think they were a player or a weirdo but online it seems to be expected? "

I wonder how many people that whine about messages actually ever send the first mail themselves.

I hate the I'm Jo bloggs I'm 32. I don't know how to answer. I'm Jackie and I'm 40 lol sounds like an introduction on a training course

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I normally ignore them but if I'm in a good mood I will return the Hi, then get a hello, which again I return. Basically send them back what they have sent me.

They go quiet after a few messages

"I normally ignore them but if I'm in a good mood I will return the Hi, then get a hello, which again I return. Basically send them back what they have sent me.

They go quiet after a few messages "

Haha I might try that

Depends what they look like, if they are good looking I'm not going to let a shit opening message stop me

By *irceWoman  over a year ago

Gloucester

Better than

"I would destroy you"

had that a few times

"Better than

"I would destroy you"

had that a few times "

Or I'm going going to fuck you dry

Do the guys not know what it means when a womans dry?

How can that statement ever be a selling point

I normally start my message with hi or hello.but do try and write a bit more than just those words...

Should I change my approach ?

"I normally start my message with hi or hello.but do try and write a bit more than just those words...

Should I change my approach ? "

If it's working - stick with it.

hi cara

"I normally start my message with hi or hello.but do try and write a bit more than just those words...

Should I change my approach ?

If it's working - stick with it."

Nothing is really working at the moment lol...

By *he horny kinkstersCouple  over a year ago

North West

I know you shouldn't put the exact details of PM's in here but this morning we had "Hi"

I can't really paraphrase that.

So I replied with "Hi back"

I suspect this won't go very far...

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

They say "hi", I respond with a delete. We're square

"Depends what they look like, if they are good looking I'm not going to let a shit opening message stop me "

Isn't that the truth?! If someone looks absolutely stunning it doesn't matter what they write or don't write? If you don't fancy them, it doesn't matter if they write like Shelley or Wordsworth, they ain't getting any further!

The hi messages are just similar to winks and are there to gauge interest?

» Add a new message to this topic