FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Mainstream Swinging

Mainstream Swinging

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxes OP   Man  over a year ago

Southend, Essex

Swinger: "somebody with unconventional lifestyle: somebody who lives an unconventional and hedonistic life, especially somebody who exchanges sexual partners with others

often changing sexual partners: frequently changing or exchanging sexual partners."

The question is simple really would Swinging or can swinging ever become mainstream?

With the slow rise of media analysis and coverage of swinging in popular Culture: Sex Party Secrets, Dogging tales, Tove-lo Habits (original mix).

further to this the vanilla EDM music festival Tomorrowland from 2013 to present offered specialized designated play rooms. (Church of Love/Chapel of Love, Chappel Jarretelle) basically in effect a highly stylized fantasy-psychedelic themed screen with a 7ft by 7ft bed.

so the Question remains could swinging ever become mainstream?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irty130Couple  over a year ago

Bristol Area

The Chapel of Love at Tomorrowland was a micro-venue, it's a hut with a double bed, and you'd get 10 minutes (apparently 15 minutes in more recent years) privacy and free condoms. Give it half a day and it'll be covered in mud. At Glasto there was a micro-venue that called itself a "Peepshow", but it was just a theme, a fake strip club. The number of complaints they got was crazy - all from people who hadn't even been in (just read the blurb on the website).

Tove Lo sang about going to sex clubs, but only watching. She picked up single dads at the school gates. She didn't make it glamorous at all, she was lonely and drank and took drugs to cover it up.

I think anything in pop culture can cause a stir of interest (see: fifty shades). but mainstream? When most people can't even talk about sex, and some adult women have never even looked at their own vulva in a mirror? unlikely.

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

Swinging is mainstream now, certainly compared to say maybe thirty years ago ... just ask anyone who has been on the scene for that long (not me, but Mr)

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I think it will. I personally believe monogamy is more of a social norm than a human norm.

Southend, Essex

"I think it will. I personally believe monogamy is more of a social norm than a human norm."

Technically humens are designed for both, According to the current thinking in science.

Southend, Essex

"The Chapel of Love at Tomorrowland was a micro-venue, it's a hut with a double bed, and you'd get 10 minutes (apparently 15 minutes in more recent years) privacy and free condoms. Give it half a day and it'll be covered in mud. At Glasto there was a micro-venue that called itself a "Peepshow", but it was just a theme, a fake strip club. The number of complaints they got was crazy - all from people who hadn't even been in (just read the blurb on the website).

Tove Lo sang about going to sex clubs, but only watching. She picked up single dads at the school gates. She didn't make it glamorous at all, she was lonely and drank and took drugs to cover it up.

I think anything in pop culture can cause a stir of interest (see: fifty shades). but mainstream? When most people can't even talk about sex, and some adult women have never even looked at their own vulva in a mirror? unlikely. "

For some reason i don't know why people get so het up about swinging (mind you i would say that on a swingers site i am hardly impartial). At Glastonbury though its one the most grossing festivals with world wide coverage. And its a mater demographics as well tomorrowlands demo is mainly 18-30s. Glasto has families there. (From personal exp when my parents took me to glasto when i was child, my mum would have probably been livid too probably mind you she was not too happy at my dad after i got thrown over the barrier preventing either the Stereophonics or the chemical brothers i cant remembrr from starting their set for whole 2 mins befor my dad was seen chatting up two students while i was some random guys shoulders. I am going a bit off topic here).

In terms of tove lo lyrics: "I ate my diner in the bath tub, then i go to sex clubs, watching frecky people getting it on. It doesn't make me nervous if anything i am restless."

"I need to stay high all my life to forget in missing you."

"Picking up dadies off the playground is how i spend my daytimes... make it fast greasy, im fast on my way to being easy".

Yeah i see your point she hasn't at all made it glamorous and its no surprise that the remix got higher in the charts (the remix devoided itself of those 2 paragraphs and replaced it with endless line of "Cant go home alone again, need someone to numb the pain".)

By *irty130Couple  over a year ago

Bristol Area

Glasto has a "watershed" in a lot of the areas at 9pm. Theatre&Circus especially has to be family friendly until then, even with a list of naughty swears that are not allowed. After 9pm, different story; nudity, pain, freakshows, uncomfortable and adult humour... it's fucking fabulous! How about a guy who dresses as Hitler and sings Swing songs - "Frank Sanazi", or a burlesque performer who pulls a tampon from inside her and bats it into the audience with a tennis racket?

Southend, Essex

"Glasto has a "watershed" in a lot of the areas at 9pm. Theatre&Circus especially has to be family friendly until then, even with a list of naughty swears that are not allowed. After 9pm, different story; nudity, pain, freakshows, uncomfortable and adult humour... it's fucking fabulous! How about a guy who dresses as Hitler and sings Swing songs - "Frank Sanazi", or a burlesque performer who pulls a tampon from inside her and bats it into the audience with a tennis racket?"

And its the swing thing that gets lampooned, typical.

do you remeber the thread about Swingfeilds. All that newspaper coverage and a mention on mock the week?

» Add a new message to this topic