FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > immigrants

immigrants

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ELLONS AND CREAM OP   Woman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

... nothing new ... flood gates were opened years ago ....

Irish ... Caribbean ....african ....etc .. etc ...ive met some fantastic folk from other countries...

But one thing that has always puzzled me .....why if you are proud of your original roots ...

Why do you want to become a British citizen ????

I work with a polish guy ..

No problem him coming to work live here to

As he says ..... provide a better life for his family ....

But he has just become a british citizen ...

I asked him why he wanted to do that ....

But he doesnt seem to be able to give me a valid answer ...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *anie1000Woman  over a year ago

Staffs

I can't answer that, only say that when I relocated to England in 1979 I was asked if I wanted to go for a British passport but I declined and had the "permission to stay indefinately" stamped in my original passport.

I want to stay me, not try to be some one else.

Just my feeling on the subject.

Janie x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"They come to Britain as they are nothing more than parasites who take everything and give nothing back "

I'd love to hear you say that to the foreign doctors and nurses keeping your NHS afloat.

" ... nothing new ... flood gates were opened years ago ....

Irish ... Caribbean ....african ....etc .. etc ...ive met some fantastic folk from other countries...

But one thing that has always puzzled me .....why if you are proud of your original roots ...

"

Maybe to ensure they can stay if the law changes in the future? Or to more fully integrate into society?

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

"They come to Britain as they are nothing more than parasites who take everything and give nothing back "

Do you read the Daily Mail- or just use it to line your cage?

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Can they not be both proud to be Polish and British?

Poland as their homeland of culture and tradition and Britain as their home of opportunity and values that they find match their own and were they want to live.

"Can they not be both proud to be Polish and British?

Poland as their homeland of culture and tradition and Britain as their home of opportunity and values that they find match their own and were they want to live.

"

My hubby's family can trace its roots back to 832 on his Dad's side to the McLarens, his mum's side to 1243 in Switzerland he was born in Yorkshire lived 90% abroad speaks fluent at least 6 languages and is more British then I'm how was born in Yorkshire and never has left Yorkshire and speak one language...

There is nothing to hold against people arriving in Britain who work and settle here. But the 1 little thing that nags me is that they think other "laws" should apply to them... When I was with hubby in Switzerland it was an eye opener... One law for all end of story there..

By *otblondewife hornyMrCouple  over a year ago

Cambuslang

Wow. My gran was an immigrant. Every one of her children work/worked all of her grandchildren work all paying taxes and contributing. Even some great grandchildren now working. That's probably 30/40 people paying taxes. Not much of a drain

I pay a shed load of tax at a high rate. I pay National Insurance and many other taxes. If you can point me in the direction of not giving anything back I will attempt to do so.

I do lay with your women and steal your land though.

By *ohn34715Man  over a year ago

near altrincham

i don't think many people have issues with any one coming over willing to work. Lots of "English" complain because the likes of the polish are willing to put a proper shift in to earn money and the English are too lazy and don't see being on the dole as a problem in fact it's often a life style choice !! I'm English by the way !!

Never have a problem with someone coming to live here and work live spend pay tax and all of that.

It's the ones who come work claim in work benefits, child benifit and then send it all home to build a big family home in their own country.

Yes some pay tax here BUT then they go home for a few months and claim all of the tax they paid back again

In your bed

My hubby's family can trace its roots back to 832 on his Dad's side to the McLarens, his mum's side to 1243 in Switzerland he was born in Yorkshire lived 90% abroad speaks fluent at least 6 languages and is more British then I'm how was born in Yorkshire and never has left Yorkshire and speak one language...

There is nothing to hold against people arriving in Britain who work and settle here. But the 1 little thing that nags me is that they think other "laws" should apply to them... When I was with hubby in Switzerland it was an eye opener... One law for all end of story there.."

Do they think other laws apply any more than the native population?

For example 90% of motorists think UK motorway are autobahns and drive to their own limits.

D*unken loutish behaviour is seen as a bit of fun rather than anti social.

I'm sure some foreigners think different laws apply but so do UK naturals.

So it's a matter of perspective, my issue is around capacity and social cohesion.

It's fine saying immigration adds to gdp. But that's the same as saying 1+1=2. Its the wrong calculation.

Housing is not the issue either as you could build another London and it would not put that much of a dent in the countrys greenery.

For me the basics are is there enough food capacity and water capacity in the UK for it to be able to feed it's own if there was ever an issue importing food from elsewhere.

The second is regardless of whether we can accommodate more people what is the impact on those already here? Not just economic but social and wellbeing.

Of course industry wants a bigger employee base as it suppresses wages, but if you are not comfortable and not in secure employment what is the effect on the low wage end of society were people are only bad luck and good fortune away from being unemployed.

I wonder if those generalising can say it to our faces. Otherwise they are cowards, not patriots.

The British passport is the most visa-less passport in the world. Britain does not make people relinquish their other citizenship, which means that someone like me who has two passports will hardly ever need a visa anywhere.

Many people who move abroad, here or to another country, and have lived in that country want to become a citizen of that country. I am the daughter of an immigrant, my mum is a British citizen with a British passport, raised her children here, worked hard, paid taxes etc.

My sister, a British citizen, has just taken her tests etc to become a German citizen, why, because she has lived there over 10 years and that is her home.

Not all people come to claim benefits or tax incentives etc, many come because they wish to work, make a life, raise their families, we are not all parasites

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think applying to become a citizen of a country signifies your intention to stay.

90% of people here imported or from imported family's. Think back to the Romans and there slaves brought to build this country. It also goes back further. So how long must your family have been here before loosing immigration status. I'm alright good old pre doomsday surname me

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

"

My family are immigrants.

Came here fleeing political persecution and in search of a better, safer life.

Valid enough for ya?

If you want to come and live on the UK then that's fine by me. All I ask is you pay in before you take out. I think that's more than fair. Mark

"I think applying to become a citizen of a country signifies your intention to stay."

Perhaps this...and maybe because they are proud to call themselves a British citizen... makes them feel a bit more at home and not segregated.

I guess it was inevitable some nonsense would be posted on an migration thread. How do people get through life being so narrow minded?

In case you havent noticed. We live on a small island of 3 even smaller countries. We are all decendants of immigrants.

Don't you agree?

"They come to Britain as they are nothing more than parasites who take everything and give nothing back

In case you havent noticed. We live on a small island of 3 even smaller countries. We are all decendants of immigrants.

In the nicest possible way I think the people of northern Ireland would say 4 countries but I agree with you.

Don't you agree?"

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

Nigel is that you?

Northern Ireland isnt connected by land which is why i say 3.

. Shit ignorant comment...!!!

I came here in 94 since which time I have been gainfully employed, which is more than I can say for about 30% of my village, some of whom have never known what it is to work. But I guess that's OK with you because they are British.

manchester & NI

Fabulous to see so many Fab members who have made this country their home.

Ignore the bigoted fucks!

By *iggles and BeardyCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Wiggles is polish, we did once look at getting a British citizenship for her but decided it wasn't worth the cost.

We only looked at it, as after 12 years working and her being married to a Brit, we both became unemployed. Dumb twat at jobcenter kept refusing her benefits, due to some lack of entitlement to work form. Seems they couldn't understand that both the 12years in uk working and being married = exempt from a form that cost £90 and had a year+ backlog!

As to polish coming and working, good on them. A lot are far far more educated than avarage Brit and work far harder.

I keep asking to move to Poland, but she says no

By *sianmale89Man  over a year ago

Stockport

well even though I was born here but my grandparents/parents immigrated here in the 70's I can proudly say I class myself as a second generation immigrant and if mine and my family's presence being here pisses people like you off then fan freaking tastic let the hate flooooooow through you

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

glad that so many of my fellow fabers agree with a selective process so we only get people we want....sounds like a ukip manifesto

I am proud of my home country. However, if I plan on living in the UK long-term I would likely want to get citizenship. It affords greater legal protections. That is the obvious reason. Moreover, if it is going to be my home, I would want to have citizenship. That doesn't mean I would be any less proud of my birth country.

Since moving here my husband and I have paid visa fees, payroll tax (we both work), NI tax, sales tax, health surcharges, etc. But I can't vote, claim benefits, etc. And that is completely fair. However, if I were going to stay long term I would want the full citizenship rights that come with the taxes I pay. I think that just makes sense. And I would feel the same of anyone seeking citizenship rights in my country - which there are many.

-Courtney

"

i would never give up my citizenship i'm english before i'm british even if i went to live in another land i will still remain as always english

"glad that so many of my fellow fabers agree with a selective process so we only get people we want....sounds like a ukip manifesto "

There is nothing wrong with being selective. No country is obligated to just take in foreigners willy nilly without due consideration of their potential benefits and contributions to society. And most importantly countries also need to consider if new immigrants would be able to assimilate with local society in an acceptable time period too.

Being selective doesn't make one xenophobic. I for one as a Non-EU foreign undergrad here wish that the UK was stricter on economic migrants and cheap labour from the EU because it is their influx that is screwing with the British labour market, and yet non-EU citizens have to pay the price of stricter regulations.

By *igzag1Man  over a year ago

hartlepool

I saw something about the jungle in calis and the people they interviewed think that the uk is rich it's a kingdom and when you live here you become wealthy your given money and houses and you don't have to work it's like the promised land and even when told it's not like that then still wanted to come suppose anything is better that's a tent in France

By *ohnjones3210Man  over a year ago

Chester

Wow.... Just wow.

Bristol

Oddly nobody seems to remember or care that the britsh used to be the migrant labour force, off to work as labourers and brickies in Europe.

It's just a ton of bleeting of "ohh no Europeans are coming and doing our jobs"

By *abphilMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"

For me no i would never take nationalization from any country in the world. Simply because I will always be English. Yes learn the language, respect the cultures, abide by the home countries rules,laws and work etc. But you will always be what you are.

"I saw something about the jungle in calis and the people they interviewed think that the uk is rich it's a kingdom and when you live here you become wealthy your given money and houses and you don't have to work it's like the promised land and even when told it's not like that then still wanted to come suppose anything is better that's a tent in France"

And the irony is that lawfully these people who claim to be refugees are supposed to be claiming asylum in the first country they arrive in. I wonder by what fluke of geography is France and Britain the first frontier for then after they make their water crossing from the Middle East to Europe?

I say no sympathy for these "migrants". If they were truly in need of asylum in the UK the RAF could have very well flown them in direct instead.

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

"i don't think many people have issues with any one coming over willing to work. Lots of "English" complain because the likes of the polish are willing to put a proper shift in to earn money and the English are too lazy and don't see being on the dole as a problem in fact it's often a life style choice !! I'm English by the way !! "

This

If people cone over and work and pay taxes same as I do thats fine, no issues with those at all.

Those that come over for our soft touch benefits system, they ones that need to be kicked into touch. As do the english that play that same system

manchester & NI

"Oddly nobody seems to remember or care that the britsh used to be the migrant labour force, off to work as labourers and brickies in Europe.

It's just a ton of bleeting of "ohh no Europeans are coming and doing our jobs""

You'll find many have selective memory or like to ignore history.

It was about 150 years ago the Irish were being called vermin and all the names under the sun... then it was the Jews... and now... well you get the picture.

By *ricksydemonMan  over a year ago

llandudno

I work with several nationalities and have done for years? Why? When you advertise a job, 80% of Joe public won't even entertain applying for it, José public will apply for every single post and will choose the job best suited to him. Signing on for the genuine people is so tough and stringent, therefore convinced there must be a form just for scroungers

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 05/02/16 11:28:22]

"i don't think many people have issues with any one coming over willing to work. Lots of "English" complain because the likes of the polish are willing to put a proper shift in to earn money and the English are too lazy and don't see being on the dole as a problem in fact it's often a life style choice !! I'm English by the way !!

This

If people cone over and work and pay taxes same as I do thats fine, no issues with those at all.

Those that come over for our soft touch benefits system, they ones that need to be kicked into touch. As do the english that play that same system"

Do you mean international companies like google and starbucks that pay 0% tax or ad near as damn it?

They are the ones we should be complaining about billions lost in tac to these scum. And people complain about a family getting a few grand per year. Yes they may not have put into the system. But all these companies do is take take take.

[Removed by poster at 05/02/16 11:44:38]

I have my own views on immigration but I find it unfair to paint everyone with one brush like that. Being in London, you see most, if not all public services and many other necessary services run my immigrants who either came here recently or 30-50 or their parents and grandparents came.

My family came to England as immigrants and worked like hell, spent more time at work then at home with their kids, paid their taxes and made a living for themselves. Now myself a hold of immigrants work in a good profession developing software which everyone uses.

So again, unfair mate.

stourbridge area

My family are immigrants.

Came here fleeing political persecution and in search of a better, safer life.

Valid enough for ya? "

It is indeed .... so nice to hear people's contribution s to this thread .... Thank you

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

dude you really are ignorant, this country has had 'immigrants' since well a couple of thousand years ago (albeit some came to invade)

we are pretty much all the sons and daughters of such people..

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

Unless your Born in Yorkshire were not English were Yorkshire

"They come to Britain as they are nothing more than parasites who take everything and give nothing back

Do you read the Daily Mail- or just use it to line your cage? "

Winner.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Unless your Born in Yorkshire were not English were Yorkshire "

that's nice for you..

is Cleveley's not in Lancashire (gods country)?

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

calm down dears.....this is a forum for all....consider all views....me ....OUT OF THE EU....SELECTIVE IMMERGRATION....CLOSE BORDERS FOR THIS REASON....PLUS VOTE UKIP ...TK U ALL

You are what's wrong with Britain , please for the sake of humanity do not procreate .

cleveleys

Doing Missionary work

cleveleys

"Unless your Born in Yorkshire were not English were Yorkshire

that's nice for you..

is Cleveley's not in Lancashire (gods country)?

"

doing missionary work

"calm down dears.....this is a forum for all....consider all views....me ....OUT OF THE EU....SELECTIVE IMMERGRATION....CLOSE BORDERS FOR THIS REASON....PLUS VOTE UKIP ...TK U ALL"

You're making it too easy for people to make fun of you..... Must... Resist....

By *imon and saffyCouple  over a year ago

southampton

This is just the latest problem created by the government to distract us from the real creators of the economic downturn. Try reading what Goering said at his trial

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."

--Goering at the Nuremberg Trials

"This is just the latest problem created by the government to distract us from the real creators of the economic downturn. Try reading what Goering said at his trial

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."

--Goering at the Nuremberg Trials"

Dead right

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

What a bigoted thing to say.

By *errygTV/TS  over a year ago

denton

there will be a large number of parasites, the eu is about freedom of movement of labor, people from uk have gone to work abroad contracting where their skills are needed. but i know people in building trade out of work but people from other countries are employed in the same job, my view only let people in if jobs are available. as for benefit scrongers, any other eu citizen claiming uk benefit there country of origin should pay, same as health tourists treat them and charge the country of origin, dont see why taxpayers of uk should always foot the bill

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Threads like this make it ruddy easy to know who to exclude from potential meets on the grounds you don't want every conversation of theirs to start with, 'I'm not being racist or nuffink, but....'

"This is just the latest problem created by the government to distract us from the real creators of the economic downturn. Try reading what Goering said at his trial

--Goering at the Nuremberg Trials"

Tru' dat

"calm down dears.....this is a forum for all....consider all views....me ....OUT OF THE EU....SELECTIVE IMMERGRATION....CLOSE BORDERS FOR THIS REASON....PLUS VOTE UKIP ...TK U ALL"

People happily debate the issue of migration daily and furthermore people generally respect other peoples views.

The issue people have in this thread is that the statement comments all migrants are parasites. Its ridiculous to be so generic and cannot be supported in any sense.

In my opinion these people seem to think the streets in England are paved with gold,and it's all given to us and we don't have to work hard for a living, how can the government give food vouchers to the immigrants of 26 pounds per day to buy food at tesco that's an awful lot of money to feed one person.A few Somalions opened a shop here,and they had a notice in the window, No white people will be served here,what a dam cheek, let's all go to there country,open shops become taxi drivers, not a chance in hell, we would be shot,or captured by pirates and held to ransom,my friend has been on the housing list for five years and is British, but was told Somalions have top priority. Crap crap and more crap, we have no say in what goes on in our own country.

"They come to Britain as they are nothing more than parasites who take everything and give nothing back there will be a large number of parasites, the eu is about freedom of movement of labor, people from uk have gone to work abroad contracting where their skills are needed. but i know people in building trade out of work but people from other countries are employed in the same job, my view only let people in if jobs are available. as for benefit scrongers, any other eu citizen claiming uk benefit there country of origin should pay, same as health tourists treat them and charge the country of origin, dont see why taxpayers of uk should always foot the bill"
From what we see with the massive flow of African immigrants up here ,they have no skills speal little English they dont work except illegally ,they have their kids educated all have the latest mobile phones which they chunter to their mates to in their own language a few of them are known prostitutes a few of the guys are trying to wash your hands in a city centre toilet for a hand out

... Now they will be entitled to housing until they die...a full British pension which we have paid for for 30 years with another 5 to go to get the contributions in....where is the fairness.

"A few Somalions opened a shop here,and they had a notice in the window, No white people will be served here,what a dam cheek"

Well that's illegal so report it to the police and problem will be solved. We don't have to pull up the draw bridge over it.

By *razedcatMan  over a year ago

London / Herts

It's threads like this that make me avoid fab.

Take the great out of Great Britain, as it's no longer great.we are ruled, and have to do as we are told,big brother is watching.

Send 'em all back! Including me! I'd rather live in Ireland or Denmark!

"It's threads like this that make me avoid fab. "
Though you need to make a comment....just delete your profile if you want to avoid fab.

There will be a jolly kiss fuck avoid thread along any minute soon for you to play on.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Take the great out of Great Britain, as it's no longer great.we are ruled, and have to do as we are told,big brother is watching."

Yes we are ruled by Queen Elizabeth the 2nd.

By *razedcatMan  over a year ago

London / Herts

"It's threads like this that make me avoid fab. Though you need to make a comment....just delete your profile if you want to avoid fab.

There will be a jolly kiss fuck avoid thread along any minute soon for you to play on. "

My view on this matter was implicit in my response. And just because the jingoist sentiments I see spouted on threads like this disappoint me, I'm hardly going to delete my profile.

And I don't like those kiss fuck avoid threads, either.

"It's threads like this that make me avoid fab. Though you need to make a comment....just delete your profile if you want to avoid fab.

There will be a jolly kiss fuck avoid thread along any minute soon for you to play on.

My view on this matter was implicit in my response. And just because the jingoist sentiments I see spouted on threads like this disappoint me, I'm hardly going to delete my profile.

And I don't like those kiss fuck avoid threads, either."

Feel the thoughts of a cross section of our once great nation....if you dont like ...dont look

By *raggleRocCouple  over a year ago

Morpeth

Yep and it was Goering that first came up with the idea of the European common market.

Hm our queen lizzie lol, a great role model,pip is as arrogant old bugga,Charlie boy a two timing rattle snake,Andy pandy dosent do much, Eddie is useless, Annie horse face lol, not saying she's a bad queen or a good one, hope Charlie and camilla don't become king and Queen, now there's a couple of role models.

"i don't think many people have issues with any one coming over willing to work. Lots of "English" complain because the likes of the polish are willing to put a proper shift in to earn money and the English are too lazy and don't see being on the dole as a problem in fact it's often a life style choice !! I'm English by the way !! "

You sound like Richard Littlejohn, and that's not a compliment.

"They come to Britain as they are nothing more than parasites who take everything and give nothing back well even though I was born here but my grandparents/parents immigrated here in the 70's I can proudly say I class myself as a second generation immigrant and if mine and my family's presence being here pisses people like you off then fan freaking tastic let the hate flooooooow through you "

Lol...love it. Shall i add to the fire?

Nah i ll just keep reading amusing comments like this.

Life is too short to argue with other ignoramuses who have never travelled further than the end of their street.

"

Bit like a lot of English people then who keep having kids and never worked a day in their life's only difference is they were born here so that's OK then

I'm a first generation immigrant, my family moved here when I was a child in the 70s to open a buisness

Never had a council house or claimed any benefits

My parents opened a restaurant, at the end of the night we used to put any left over food into tube and give it away to people because my nan hated waste, what made me laugh was the people who used to make comments about us being here were the same people who used to queue for our free hands out

We never gave anything back though

As foreigneer staying in scotland for over 6 years now I can say british citizenship give us a power that we don't have, is be able to vote to westminister, right now only the holders of british citizenship can vote, so that means we pay taxes but we don't have to option to decide how to spend them as british people does, the british passport also helps with some borders, but not many, at least being spanish, overall from my point of view is not worthy spend over £900 to get the british citizenship

the funny part is that people from Uk are over the world, over a million in spain, but when others come to uk are "scum willing to steal our jobs and use our health system", I guess this kind of people didn't heard about the european card that gives you health care all around europe and you home state pays for it, so when a spaniard/french/polish comes to uk and they go to the doctor their country pays for it, but also remember that all the systems are paid with taxes, and the taxes are not just coming from your salary, they also are in every single thing you buy. and about the job, if a person who doesn't really speaks english is able to get your job as KP, HK or other shitty job maybe is because you are not that good for that job

about health tourism... some areas of spain are full of british which are using the spanish health system and the locals think exactly the same

"the funny part is that people from Uk are over the world, over a million in spain, but when others come to uk are "scum willing to steal our jobs and use our health system", I guess this kind of people didn't heard about the european card that gives you health care all around europe and you home state pays for it, so when a spaniard/french/polish comes to uk and they go to the doctor their country pays for it, but also remember that all the systems are paid with taxes, and the taxes are not just coming from your salary, they also are in every single thing you buy. and about the job, if a person who doesn't really speaks english is able to get your job as KP, HK or other shitty job maybe is because you are not that good for that job

about health tourism... some areas of spain are full of british which are using the spanish health system and the locals think exactly the same"

Well you have to have British people living in Spain who's going to make egg and Chips for the holiday makers other wise

I was really upset with the british emigrants, some openned a fish and chips in barcelona, they offered haggis!! and the last time I went it was close nobody sells deep fried mars bars and haggis!! (I'm kidding I wasn't upset, just feel sorry for them, nobody wants to close a business where you have put money and hopes)

what I wanted to say before is that the world is full of inmigrants, most of them just wants to live, be part of the local community, be one more, the origin is not important, so I think the "hate" should be focus on those people who cheat the system, british/foreigners, I don't give a shit about the nationality, I just don't like people abusing of the system maintaned with my taxes, but I will never say "british are a bunch of cunts, lazy bastards, bullying foreigners and living on the social" because I saw people doing that, because the whole british community is not doing that, generalize is never a good option

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

no offence to them, they do work hard(some), but some are the complete opposite, ive worked with Romanian, Estonian, polish, Bulgarian and several african country people aswell. however i have found some are very dodgy, and the african ones have been the worst employees we have hired, very rude, and lack of common sense.

every one who enters this country should be fingerprinted, and logged that they are working, paying taxes, should pay there own health care and all bills for 10 years at least. however if they are breaking the law more than twice they should be removed and banned for several years, if they do it again after, banned for life. no one should ever be entitled for british citizenship for 10 years of being here, and paying all taxes and not breaking the law. this country should take china's and USA way of immigration, in china even if you marry or live there all your life you are not in no way entitled to a china passport, and must renew your visa every year, if you break the law you may be removed or banned from the country.

"no offence to them, they do work hard(some), but some are the complete opposite, ive worked with Romanian, Estonian, polish, Bulgarian and several african country people aswell. however i have found some are very dodgy, and the african ones have been the worst employees we have hired, very rude, and lack of common sense.

"

Yep that's us Africans for you, we totally suck in every way

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"no offence to them, they do work hard(some), but some are the complete opposite, ive worked with Romanian, Estonian, polish, Bulgarian and several african country people aswell. however i have found some are very dodgy, and the african ones have been the worst employees we have hired, very rude, and lack of common sense.

"

Then your recruitment process is badly flawed.

I had colleagues from many different countries and found laziness and lack of common sense to be no respecter of nationality.

Saying "no offence" before offensive comments doesn't stop them being so.

"Never have a problem with someone coming to live here and work live spend pay tax and all of that.

It's the ones who come work claim in work benefits, child benifit and then send it all home to build a big family home in their own country.

Yes some pay tax here BUT then they go home for a few months and claim all of the tax they paid back again

"

Immigrants is taking jobs that the british don't want, so don't complain there aint any jobs, cos there is lol.

By *andomfodCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Said this myself for a while. Not all say it, but the ones that prefer to use immigration as their excuse to get a job like to. I once suggested mcdonalds to someone struggling to get a job, as they helped me back to my feet when I was out of work and struggling. Their response? "F*ck that, it's Polish money!" I don't speak to then now.

End of the day anyone coming here has a dream and goes for it. My respect to them!

The country can only hold so many people tho, and at the moment it's not coping. Housing crisis, not enough school places, long nhs waiting lists, yet we still continue to let 10s of thousands of people in each year. We do need to put a stop on immigration for at least 5 years to sort the problems out.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

every one who enters this country should be fingerprinted, and logged that they are working, paying taxes, should pay there own health care and all bills for 10 years at least. however if they are breaking the law more than twice they should be removed and banned for several years, if they do it again after, banned for life. no one should ever be entitled for british citizenship for 10 years of being here, and paying all taxes and not breaking the law. this country should take china's and USA way of immigration, in china even if you marry or live there all your life you are not in no way entitled to a china passport, and must renew your visa every year, if you break the law you may be removed or banned from the country. "

"The country can only hold so many people tho, and at the moment it's not coping. Housing crisis, not enough school places, long nhs waiting lists, yet we still continue to let 10s of thousands of people in each year. We do need to put a stop on immigration for at least 5 years to sort the problems out."

No offence but that's hilarious. You say it like public services are inherently limited somehow! Did you ever hear a business complaining that they had too many customers?

Working people pay taxes, taxes fund public services. More working people = more money for public services.

"Immigrants is taking jobs that the british don't want, so don't complain there aint any jobs, cos there is lol."

I've noticed time and time again that the main people who moan about immigrants taking jobs are those who don't even work, I actually think deep down they like the immigrants because it gives them an excuse not to work

Well I would have a job if all these foreigner didn't keep taking them

every one who enters this country should be fingerprinted, and logged that they are working, paying taxes, should pay there own health care and all bills for 10 years at least. however if they are breaking the law more than twice they should be removed and banned for several years, if they do it again after, banned for life. no one should ever be entitled for british citizenship for 10 years of being here, and paying all taxes and not breaking the law. this country should take china's and USA way of immigration, in china even if you marry or live there all your life you are not in no way entitled to a china passport, and must renew your visa every year, if you break the law you may be removed or banned from the country. "

Wow! I'd love a china passport. Probably a bit fragile though.

Hang on does your taxes not pay for health care? Why should people have to pay taxes and their own health care?

"Immigrants is taking jobs that the british don't want, so don't complain there aint any jobs, cos there is lol.

I've noticed time and time again that the main people who moan about immigrants taking jobs are those who don't even work, I actually think deep down they like the immigrants because it gives them an excuse not to work

Well I would have a job if all these foreigner didn't keep taking them "

Perhaps evidenced by the fact that unemployed changed by a factor of absolutely fuck all between 2004-2005 when we started letting Polish people in. Yet thousands of them came here and found jobs. Hmmmm how would that work...

"Immigrants is taking jobs that the british don't want, so don't complain there aint any jobs, cos there is lol.

Perhaps evidenced by the fact that unemployed changed by a factor of absolutely fuck all between 2004-2005 when we started letting Polish people in. Yet thousands of them came here and found jobs. Hmmmm how would that work... "

Because people here want high paid jobs when they have no qualification's, I know a few people who dropped out of school and never worked in their life's, who refuse to work for national minimum wage, well I'm sorry but if you left school a year before you was legally allowed and never sat any exams that's all your qualified to do really

We come from the land of the ice and snow,

From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,

To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!

On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore.

Ah, ah,

We come from the land of the ice and snow,

From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore,

Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords.

On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore.

So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins,

For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.

"

So he can stay here for good

Perhaps evidenced by the fact that unemployed changed by a factor of absolutely fuck all between 2004-2005 when we started letting Polish people in. Yet thousands of them came here and found jobs. Hmmmm how would that work...

Because people here want high paid jobs when they have no qualification's, I know a few people who dropped out of school and never worked in their life's, who refuse to work for national minimum wage, well I'm sorry but if you left school a year before you was legally allowed and never sat any exams that's all your qualified to do really"

Yeah but let's face it, blaming other people for your problems is never going to go out of fashion. As long as people think that way, there will be slimy politicians ready to represent them. It's not like "taking personal responsibility" is ever going to be a vote winner.

By *ice guy 44Man  over a year ago

wrexham

because he will get his family here to

"The country can only hold so many people tho, and at the moment it's not coping. Housing crisis, not enough school places, long nhs waiting lists, yet we still continue to let 10s of thousands of people in each year. We do need to put a stop on immigration for at least 5 years to sort the problems out."

have you thought about who should you vote? in 6 years I just been once in the hospital, I was pretty fucked up, most of the people there weren't inmigrants, don't blame for the queue or lack of schools to the inmigrants if you vote to a party who make cuts on so important matters, but I guess is alright NHS investing a few billion on a database that never worked, how many hospitals could be built with that money (I was told a hospital cost £60Million)

By *ids_NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

Im strongly in favour of strict Immigration controls -

1. Male or Female - They should be sexy and fit

2. They should love going swinging.

3. If Female they should be bisexual.

The rest should be evicted at once and sent back to be boring somewhere else

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Belfast

Such a continuous issue with so many potential minefields..

There are valid points within both arguments. The UK has a limited infrastructure and if the influx continues , bottlenecks will obviously arise at some point (access to health care, school places, housing, pollution ) .

skilled people with something to offer choosing to move and make a better life for themselves in the UK is obviously desirable, honestly can't ever image that being frowned upon or discouraged.

Unskilled economic migrants (the bulk of the influx), members of vastly differing cultures that aren't fluent, bearing offspring and bringing them up within inappropriate culturally alien vacuums will unfortunately foment and cause social cohesion issues when there's an inevitable clash..

I personally have worked alongside a Russian lady that moved to Lithuania, wangled a lith passport .. (apparently lots of Russians do this to gain freedom of movement within eu) gets child benefit, sends it back to Russia, lives in social housing. Not vilifying her BTW, she's merely taking advantage of poor safeguards and loopholes.

It's obviously wrong to blindly ostracize and demonise people from foreign nations that have migrated to the UK but it's equally perilous to adopt a blindy permissive attitude too.

There are pros /cons to everything in life, the stultifying avoidance culture Re broaching the issue warts and all that surrounds is baffling and it gives the extreme right something to exploit and use to further their unsavoury agendas.

stourbridge area

.... update

I spokr with my polish friend again .

.aparrantly ....he has sold his house in poland ... and his cars .... as his family have now come to england too

And they have settled really well ..

He has been allocated a house from the local council ....he does pay rent and works full time ....

Apparently he says now he is a british citizen .. he can look into a pension scheme

How clever is that ...

there is no difference in the pension scheme for british and foreigners (at least not for europeans) it would go against the equality act 2010, as it would be a discrimination due the nationality of someone

In your bed

"there is no difference in the pension scheme for british and foreigners (at least not for europeans) it would go against the equality act 2010, as it would be a discrimination due the nationality of someone"

Yes but state pension is contribution based. And it's based on years of contributions.

In your bed

Pension credit on the other hand is based on need.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I think applying to become a citizen of a country signifies your intention to stay."

My sister was born in England in 1966. She has lived in Italy since 1988. Married, has a child, owns her home in Milan outright, drives a new Mercedes, paid for in cash, has absolutely no intention of ever returning to the UK and now has to travel to Rome to renew her residency papers but will never relinquish her British passport.

"there is no difference in the pension scheme for british and foreigners (at least not for europeans) it would go against the equality act 2010, as it would be a discrimination due the nationality of someone

Yes but state pension is contribution based. And it's based on years of contributions. "

if someone moves to uk and starts working until retirement, let's say 35 working years, the pension will be the same than someone born british who has been working for 35 years, both with the same income

London

"If you want to come and live on the UK then that's fine by me. All I ask is you pay in before you take out. I think that's more than fair. Mark"

What about those born here who take out without putting in?

"Im strongly in favour of strict Immigration controls -

"

At last...the voice of reason .

London

"

Saying "no offence" before offensive comments doesn't stop them being so."

Don't you love it. Always the way though: same with "not being racist..."followed by, quelle surprise, something racist!

By *oxymTV/TS  over a year ago

cramlington

People forget that the uk has been a mixed population for generations

Some of our best doctors come from abroad

Your ancestors were probably Roman , Anglo Saxon , German French ect

It is refreshing to see so much thought be put into a post.

What I would say is that there is some very lacklustre English people as well as those listed. What people forget is being lazy or rude is not limited to any particular nationality.

As an aside, I am not sure China is a model country for many matters to be honest with you.

"I am not sure China is a model country for many matters to be honest with you. "

It's a developing country so it doesn't compare directly to the UK, but you shouldn't write it off like there's nothing we could learn from them. For a start, there government aren't afraid to stand up to mutinationals like Google.

Oh and the infrastructure in their cities is way better than ours now.

"I am not sure China is a model country for many matters to be honest with you.

It's a developing country so it doesn't compare directly to the UK, but you shouldn't write it off like there's nothing we could learn from them. For a start, there government aren't afraid to stand up to mutinationals like Google.

Oh and the infrastructure in their cities is way better than ours now. "

You really do have a hard-on for China don't you

You really do have a hard-on for China don't you "

We spend a lot of time there! When I first went the thing that shocked me most was how much it wasn't at all like the BBC described.

"

We spend a lot of time there! When I first went the thing that shocked me most was how much it wasn't at all like the BBC described. "

Fair play.

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"Im strongly in favour of strict Immigration controls -

"

By *lackMetalMan  over a year ago

Centre

We spend a lot of time there! When I first went the thing that shocked me most was how much it wasn't at all like the BBC described. "

Well, what do you know, traveling usually does that to you. Opens your mind and thought and you stop being a passive recipient of media-driven narrow-mindedness and misrepresentation.

We spend a lot of time there! When I first went the thing that shocked me most was how much it wasn't at all like the BBC described.

Well, what do you know, traveling usually does that to you. Opens your mind and thought and you stop being a passive recipient of media-driven narrow-mindedness and misrepresentation."

Yeah I just feel that some countries are better represented than others. BBC have a hard-on for anyone democratic and would have you believe everyone else is an oppressed group of neanderthals desperate for western civilision.

I went to India and found it quite like I expected, loved it by the way.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

What about the missus?

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

When I was little, my beloved Dad (r.i.p) bought me a book entitled “Aesop’s Fables”. One of the fables in there is a story about “The Snakes and The Porcupine” which I think deals with the issues of immigration quite nicely.

Immigration is natural but a very delicate matter.

It can be good as well as it can be bad.

It is about survival of the fittest.

» Add a new message to this topic