FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > People lying about ther age..

People lying about ther age..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *olarfox OP   Man  over a year ago

North Cambs

I have had a couple of meets (both with couples as it happens) where they have blatantly lied about their ages but not let on until after meeting. One couple even suggested that adding at least 5 years onto your age is common place and pretty much taken for granted in swinging circles.

Have many of you encountered the same thing and what is your reaction when you do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohnkezCouple  over a year ago

shefiield

Lol hope people are relieved I'm not really 95

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yep, the very first couple we played with, the female half said she was the Mrs's age (28) but we were told afterwards she was only 18

"Lol hope people are relieved I'm not really 95 "

Your not 95

That's it you're of my hotlist

North Cambs

"Yep, the very first couple we played with, the female half said she was the Mrs's age (28) but we were told afterwards she was only 18 "

Sadly I've never experienced lying about age where the individual is actually younger...wouldn't be surprised if this is more common with young guys on here..

shefiield

"Lol hope people are relieved I'm not really 95

Your not 95

"

. Haha

North Cambs

"Lol hope people are relieved I'm not really 95 "

Well, which ever of you that is, you are looking mighty well on it!!

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Most of the men I have met have lied about their age - made themselves younger of course!

Then they wonder why it has pissed me off once we meet and they tell me the truth.

I then always think 'what else are they lying about'

Oh and my age is my real age

had a few people tell us when they turn up at the door they're actually older than they state on their profile, sometimes you can spot them cause their pics are so obvious, then sometimes you don't, I think it's just to get round the age filter.

Someone time travelled to message me the other week. He was 53 when he first looked at my profile, a few minutes later when he messaged he was 49!

North Cambs

"Someone time travelled to message me the other week. He was 53 when he first looked at my profile, a few minutes later when he messaged he was 49!"

haha...

Oh I know a few that have done. Male and female. Female has no idea I know her real age and male you can blatantly tell he's not as young as he makes himself out to be. Bloody stupid if you ask me

"Someone time travelled to message me the other week. He was 53 when he first looked at my profile, a few minutes later when he messaged he was 49!"
at least it wasnt in a day or two when he'd be illegal

By *iceguy 1966Man  over a year ago

in pa postcode

If people lie about there age to me or lie about anything else i just tell them straight and move on.

I am proud of my age, what i have done in life and the reasonable nick that i am in for my age.

Keep smiling and enjoy life to the full sexy peeps

I'm actually 36.

-Courtney

Talked with a couple who had a meet where the couple they met had uploaded pictures when they were younger and In person they've put on a few pounds and got hairier, couldn't stop laughing!

So annoying when you think you're meeting someone a few years younger than yourself.. he turns up and is blatantly older than you! No.. we won't be meeting again! Lol

I chatted with a guy few years ago said he was 27, had a car meet with him then driving me home he admitted he had just turned 19 i was a bit raging to be lied to, he then took the hump and turned a bit nasty after i told him it wasnt cool to lie, he stopped the car and asked me to get out wich i was pleased to do so wee asshole was blocked and reported...

I have a 'challenge 25' policy. If someone looks 25 or under, I ask to check their ID.

Yup, I'm not even kidding.

shefiield

"I'm actually 36.

-Courtney "

. You look great for 36 lol

Sketchy. I wouldn't bother telling lies about height or age or anything like that. I want to shag someone who also wants to shag me! So being dishonest would ruin that for me.

I was lied to about age before. But it was inconsequential to me at the time. She was over 40 and claimed to be 38. But she was hot, so I was shallow and didn't let it bother me. Haha

By *orthwest_cplCouple  over a year ago

Stretford

We wouldn't lie about our age, can't see the point in that.

"I have a 'challenge 25' policy. If someone looks 25 or under, I ask to check their ID.

Yup, I'm not even kidding."

I try to avoid people like you when buying alcohol

By *ickawitchCouple  over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

We have been messaged by people who are the same age as my OH or younger but look 20 years older - he thinks they must have had a really tough paper round when they were kids

"I'm actually 36.

-Courtney .

You look great for 36 lol "

You look stunning for 95

One of the couples we met turned up in Newcastle city centre bar and we did not recognise them from their piccies,their opening line was"hi,I suppose you can tell we are a lot older than we said"..it did not make for an enjoyable meet although only social,they were not impressed that we kept mentioning saga holidays

"I have a 'challenge 25' policy. If someone looks 25 or under, I ask to check their ID.

Yup, I'm not even kidding.

I try to avoid people like you when buying alcohol "

I got a child bus ticket the other day - without asking.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I've had people lying in both directions. Young men adding a few years on as many have 25 set as the lower age and then older men shaving a few years to stay under the 50 age limit that many have.

Since admin changed things so you can only adjust your age once (in case you make a mistake when setting up your profile) I have been super helpful when people have told me their age is incorrect but they can't change it and reported them so it gets fixed.

Never had it on a couple meet but on a "single" male meet I have! Oh his whole profile was a lie he weren't single either lol pics were at least 15yrs old too ........ Not sure why tho coz as soon as we met it was obvious and my age limits were fairly flexible anyway X

North Cambs

"One of the couples we met turned up in Newcastle city centre bar and we did not recognise them from their piccies,their opening line was"hi,I suppose you can tell we are a lot older than we said"..it did not make for an enjoyable meet although only social,they were not impressed that we kept mentioning saga holidays "

Haha...lmao

"I've had people lying in both directions. Young men adding a few years on as many have 25 set as the lower age and then older men shaving a few years to stay under the 50 age limit that many have.

Since admin changed things so you can only adjust your age once (in case you make a mistake when setting up your profile) I have been super helpful when people have told me their age is incorrect but they can't change it and reported them so it gets fixed. "

"One of the couples we met turned up in Newcastle city centre bar and we did not recognise them from their piccies,their opening line was"hi,I suppose you can tell we are a lot older than we said"..it did not make for an enjoyable meet although only social,they were not impressed that we kept mentioning saga holidays "

I'd be so irate about that. I don't have much time to get out and do socials, so if people are much older than they say they are, it's inevitably going to be a waste of my time. I'd excuse myself the minute they said it.

" I have been super helpful when people have told me their age is incorrect but they can't change it and reported them so it gets fixed. "

I do that too. Helpful.

I've met loads of men who've "adjusted" their age by a few years (and I do mean only a few, 3 or 4 at the most). I tend to make my mind up based on pictures and things anyway, so if their photos are recent but they say they're 42 when they're actually 45, I really don't care. I'd probably be annoyed if it was 10 years or something, but even then, if their photos were a fair representation and I got on with them, I might not be that bothered after all.

By *ampopotwoCouple  over a year ago

southampton

We know of several people on here who are older than they say.

Can't see the point really, had a message from a guy yesterday who said he was 40 but looked well into his 50's, you just think 'he's obviously lying about his age so what else is he lying about?' and delete.

By *erfectman122Man  over a year ago

from somewhere nice

Yep I've experienced it but age is unimportant if they fit your expectations it's just a number

"One of the couples we met turned up in Newcastle city centre bar and we did not recognise them from their piccies,their opening line was"hi,I suppose you can tell we are a lot older than we said"..it did not make for an enjoyable meet although only social,they were not impressed that we kept mentioning saga holidays

I'd be so irate about that. I don't have much time to get out and do socials, so if people are much older than they say they are, it's inevitably going to be a waste of my time. I'd excuse myself the minute they said it."

Yes your very right to do that, were quite nice though despite how we can come over on the forums ,so we entertained the old dears and made sure they got to see all the bars they did not think existed BOOM BOOM BOOM BARS

Your not 95

"

going on ours too

"Most of the men I have met have lied about their age - made themselves younger of course!

Then they wonder why it has pissed me off once we meet and they tell me the truth.

piss us off too it's not if your not eventually get found out is it ? and our ages on our profile are true

Oh and my age is my real age "

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Most of the men I have met have lied about their age - made themselves younger of course!

piss us off too it's not if your not eventually get found out is it ? and our ages on our profile are true

Oh and my age is my real age "

Well wouldn't you rather be told, wow your look good for your age than them thinking 'god you must of had a hard paper round

By *iscellaneousCouple  over a year ago

Idle

We've spoken to a few people who have been, erm, creative with their age. I don't mind if it's only a couple of years but I don't really see the point. I know about age preferences but I like to think ours are flexible and just give an idea.

"I've had people lying in both directions. Young men adding a few years on as many have 25 set as the lower age and then older men shaving a few years to stay under the 50 age limit that many have.

Since admin changed things so you can only adjust your age once (in case you make a mistake when setting up your profile) I have been super helpful when people have told me their age is incorrect but they can't change it and reported them so it gets fixed. "

I do the same but it does help when they tell me in a message

By *itSamCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Our ages are right and I am not adding 5 years on for anyone.....

I met a guy a long time ago as a single, who added a few years to his age. He liked older women and thought they wouldn't meet him if they knew his true age.

I also met a guy who had taken 11 years off his age.

Our ages are real !

There is definitely a fab age and real age vast difference with some people.

A few years either side I'm fine with,I get that certain age min/ max can make it harder.

5-10 years + then I think it's taking the p*ss

No idea if anyone has lied about their age to me. I don't care either way. People lie, it's not the end of the world.

"I have had a couple of meets (both with couples as it happens) where they have blatantly lied about their ages but not let on until after meeting. One couple even suggested that adding at least 5 years onto your age is common place and pretty much taken for granted in swinging circles.

Have many of you encountered the same thing and what is your reaction when you do?"

So they're actually older?

Or do you mean they pretend to be younger?

"We know of several people on here who are older than they say.

Can't see the point really, had a message from a guy yesterday who said he was 40 but looked well into his 50's, you just think 'he's obviously lying about his age so what else is he lying about?' and delete."

That's how I look at it. People say it's harmless, they're just doing it to get around age filters - to me, it says they don't respect the preferences/boundaries of others.

By *inkycatWoman  over a year ago

High Wycombe

Our ages are right - daren't add any more onto Nick's, he's old enough as it is So even though we have a big-ish difference between us, we've never shaved anything off even if it rules us out of some people's criteria. And I'm not adding anything to mine!!

Have had experience where people have lied but we always do social meets first so it's not been a real issue.

I don't feel the need to lie about my age and don't appreciate others lying...

I went on a coffee meet to someone who was apparently 44yrs and he then was in his sixties ....

Did he think I was blind

To be honest plus or minus 5 years we wouldn't notice. We did meet a couple 10 years younger than us and we felt they were at least our age but we wouldn't put our mortgage on it.

Different people age at different rates and some look older than their years and some much younger. If they're attractive with a good personality then do a few years here or there make a difference?

Its even worse when you find they've lied about their age AND height

I know someone who's on here who's says he 8 years younger than what he is.

"Its even worse when you find they've lied about their age AND height"

Height is MUCH worse in my book.

"Its even worse when you find they've lied about their age AND height

Height is MUCH worse in my book."

I agree. I'm only about 5'4 or 5 and don't wear high heels but have still managed to look down on some 5'10 men

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Its even worse when you find they've lied about their age AND height

Height is MUCH worse in my book."

Same for me, I've met a few 6' guys who are 5'10" at best. And I can tell.

Theres a regular poster on herw thats lied about her age..i think she was busted the other week in a post she was commenting on lol

Might as well own up to one's age - can't always make a silk purse out of a badger's bum.

Could always do a check 'face to face' in one of the cam rooms as after all the physical attraction is more important the a number.

Couple of years isnt bad, but it really irritates me when they tell you its 5 - 10.

I'm definitely 26, though I'm always told that I look like a teenager, but no one on Fab's ever questioned it.

I don't really care if people lie about their age. As long as they look exactly like their photos there is no problem.

"I don't really care if people lie about their age. As long as they look exactly like their photos there is no problem."

Exactly this

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I don't really care if people lie about their age. As long as they look exactly like their photos there is no problem."

My problem has been I have NEVER been sent a really clear face pic...only maybe 95% and when you question it, it's all they can manage when using their phone.

So sometimes it might just be my own fault I suppose

North Cambs

"A few years either side I'm fine with,I get that certain age min/ max can make it harder.

5-10 years + then I think it's taking the p*ss "

I don't agree, why lie at all? If so, then why not also lie about dress size or cock length, and whatever else you think might give you a chance of more meets??

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

I won't lie about my age as it won't achieve anything.........I was born in 1981.....and the room next door was 1982 pmsl

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Yep I've experienced it but age is unimportant if they fit your expectations it's just a number "

Oh yes, age is unimportant. It's just a number...

So if you met someone who adjusted their age by five years it wouldn't bother you?

What if they claimed to be 21? Not such an issue if they've tried to drop five years. But what if they added five years?

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

"

Perhaps their height

The first woman I met off a site like this was 10-15 years older than her profile said and looked nothing like her pictures.

"A few years either side I'm fine with,I get that certain age min/ max can make it harder.

5-10 years + then I think it's taking the p*ss

I don't agree, why lie at all? If so, then why not also lie about dress size or cock length, and whatever else you think might give you a chance of more meets?? "

Some people will lie / fib on here to stand a better chance, get their foot in the door so to speak, some of these fibs don't bother me, a slight age difference being one of them.

By *aeriequeenWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

I know a few that have lied about age, personally I don't see the point. I probably dropped off a few filters when I turned 40 but I'm not bothered. People either like me or not

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

I am what I am, I am who I am.

Why lie, my number of years on the planet doesn't change, I've lived a hard life.

Yes i have an age range, however if I like what I see the age range goes out of the window.

I can understand why people do, just to get the initial social.

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I've met someone that openly admitted to having more than one 35th birthday. But only a couple more.

I also met someone that was clearly quite a bit older than her profile.

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

"If people lie about there age to me or lie about anything else i just tell them straight and move on.

I am proud of my age, what i have done in life and the reasonable nick that i am in for my age.

Keep smiling and enjoy life to the full sexy peeps "

No lies in our profile and that's the thing we hate most when people make contact...If every profile was equally as honest Fab would be a nicer place.

By *ohnaronMan  over a year ago

london

I'm changing mine to 72 to improve my chances

By *hoenixmanMan  over a year ago

Where men are men, and sheep are nervous...!

Years ago when I was involved with a small local photography group, a girl came along to model for us. She looked just like her photos (naturally) and we all assumed, judging by her looks and how she fitted in with the other models, that she was about 19-20.

Nearly crapped ourselves when we found out she was.... 14. But.. hey! She looked the same as she did in her photos....

Can put hand on heart and say that I've never lied about my age on Fabs at any time, nor on any other site. If my age is a problem for anyone, then I'd rather not meet them... Simples.

"I don't really care if people lie about their age. As long as they look exactly like their photos there is no problem.

Years ago when I was involved with a small local photography group, a girl came along to model for us. She looked just like her photos (naturally) and we all assumed, judging by her looks and how she fitted in with the other models, that she was about 19-20.

Nearly crapped ourselves when we found out she was.... 14. But.. hey! She looked the same as she did in her photos....

Can put hand on heart and say that I've never lied about my age on Fabs at any time, nor on any other site. If my age is a problem for anyone, then I'd rather not meet them... Simples."

Luckily underage boys would never pass for a man in his 30s or 40s so i don't think I'm likely to get caught with that one

By *inky.DiWoman  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I personally do not see the point in lying....if you are way older or younger it will be very obvious at the point of meeting them surely?... I know some look younger or older for their age... if anyone has a reason for it then thats up to them...

By *aeBabeWoman  over a year ago

London

Met a guy twice before he told me he was 22 and not 26, said that most people wouldn't take him seriously otherwise... Ah well, still a great meet anyway

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Not everyone wants to be found on here, some people have dubious and even dangerous exes.

Changing age, height etc. can help.

Although we don't have a height filter

Some of the comments reminds me of that Friends episode, The one with Monica and the collage kid were they was both lying about their age

By *a petite madameWoman  over a year ago

London / Essex

"

"Not everyone wants to be found on here, some people have dubious and even dangerous exes.

Changing age, height etc. can help.

Although we don't have a height filter "

I'm glad we don't have a height filter I would never get a look in. Haha. Please don't give administration ideas!!

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Belfast

Fab is all about vanity and eliciting sexual appeal, wouldn't be at all surprising if a certain percentage shaved a few years (or decades) off to seem more alluring..

By *izmeCouple  over a year ago

Merseyside

Well I'm 61 in July and all my pics are very recent

"I personally do not see the point in lying....if you are way older or younger it will be very obvious at the point of meeting them surely?... I know some look younger or older for their age... if anyone has a reason for it then thats up to them... "

I've met someone who looked more like 50+ but his profile said 48, told me he was advised to do that when he registered otherwise he'd struggle to meet anyone

I've said it before but I've actually overstated my age.. a very little bit! My Fab birthday is the default 1st Jan. But my real birthday isn't until later than that!

Lying about ones age is one thing on here. What's even worse is when people lie about their body status

"Lying about ones age is one thing on here. What's even worse is when people lie about their body status "

The problem with body type is that everyone's perception of what constitutes a certain type is always different.

Mine is the right age.. Many do question if I'm a lot younger though... And that's OK with me

North Cambs

"Lying about ones age is one thing on here. What's even worse is when people lie about their body status

The problem with body type is that everyone's perception of what constitutes a certain type is always different."

I'm not sure the above is entirely true. Personally I think most people know damn well, however, they are either deluded about their own body shape or they choose to ignore the reality for what they would ideally like to be thought of as.

"Mine is the right age.. Many do question if I'm a lot younger though... And that's OK with me "

Many ask me if I've had a hard life....that's Not ok with me

By *andaCouple  over a year ago

co down

Think it's v commonplace. Met 2 couples recently who were at least 10 years older than their profile. One said late 40s the other early 50s and both were in their 60s. Was only a social and thankfully hadn't agreed to meet them for play.

"Lying about ones age is one thing on here. What's even worse is when people lie about their body status

The problem with body type is that everyone's perception of what constitutes a certain type is always different.

I'm not sure the above is entirely true. Personally I think most people know damn well, however, they are either deluded about their own body shape or they choose to ignore the reality for what they would ideally like to be thought of as."

Should just get rid of it and have a photo to decide from. I'm a size 18, according to most I'm BBW at that size. I'm aware I'm not slim but BBW I'm not.

The problem with body type is that everyone's perception of what constitutes a certain type is always different."

Yes it's far more subjective. One person's curvy is another's fat. Age is cut and dried and can't be disputed!

"I personally do not see the point in lying....if you are way older or younger it will be very obvious at the point of meeting them surely?... I know some look younger or older for their age... if anyone has a reason for it then thats up to them... "
your never 45!!! I'm not letting my age turn 40! I'm going to clock it back every year if I'm here in 5 years!

Yes it's far more subjective. One person's curvy is another's fat. Age is cut and dried and can't be disputed!"

And as with age, just go off the photos! And if they're not clear enough, ask for clearer ones. Or just don't meet them.

I'm not sure the above is entirely true. Personally I think most people know damn well, however, they are either deluded about their own body shape or they choose to ignore the reality for what they would ideally like to be thought of as.

Should just get rid of it and have a photo to decide from. I'm a size 18, according to most I'm BBW at that size. I'm aware I'm not slim but BBW I'm not."

agreed! I think thou some women are confused* about being curvy and a bbw,that's all I'm saying before the trouble starts! Haha!!

I'm a size 22 and really shock people when I tell them. I carry myself very well and am very active. I'm not delusional or see myself through rose tinted spectacles. I am quite happy to say things as they really are.

Should just get rid of it and have a photo to decide from. I'm a size 18, according to most I'm BBW at that size. I'm aware I'm not slim but BBW I'm not."

Should just get rid of it and have a photo to decide from. I'm a size 18, according to most I'm BBW at that size. I'm aware I'm not slim but BBW I'm not. agreed! I think thou some women are confused* about being curvy and a bbw,that's all I'm saying before the trouble starts! Haha!! "

Are they confused? Or are they just describing themselves the way they want to? I can describe myself as fabulous if I want to - others can decide if they think I'm 'correct' or not based on photos.

North Cambs

Now that I certainly agree with! Sadly the terms are generally misused by people who do not have clear full body shots. Anyway, excuse me, as this is taking the thread off course...

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

"I don't feel the need to lie about my age and don't appreciate others lying...

I went on a coffee meet to someone who was apparently 44yrs and he then was in his sixties ....

Did he think I was blind "

2 sips of the coffee and I'd be off. I hate lies it's not the end of the world,but flipping annoying.

Should just get rid of it and have a photo to decide from. I'm a size 18, according to most I'm BBW at that size. I'm aware I'm not slim but BBW I'm not. agreed! I think thou some women are confused* about being curvy and a bbw,that's all I'm saying before the trouble starts! Haha!!

Are they confused? Or are they just describing themselves the way they want to? I can describe myself as fabulous if I want to - others can decide if they think I'm 'correct' or not based on photos. "

doesn't the word curvy stop at a certain size and bbw take over from there in a realistic world?

North Cambs

Yes it's far more subjective. One person's curvy is another's fat. Age is cut and dried and can't be disputed!

And as with age, just go off the photos! And if they're not clear enough, ask for clearer ones. Or just don't meet them."

I guess at the end of the day, clear and recent photos are always the best thing to go by, after all some people look fantastic at (say) 45, while others look ten years older than their true years. Here starts a whole other debate about why some people do not manage to have clear, up to date photos in this day and age. How about making photo verification obligatory and resubmitted every couple of years with proof of date taken?

Should just get rid of it and have a photo to decide from. I'm a size 18, according to most I'm BBW at that size. I'm aware I'm not slim but BBW I'm not. agreed! I think thou some women are confused* about being curvy and a bbw,that's all I'm saying before the trouble starts! Haha!!

Are they confused? Or are they just describing themselves the way they want to? I can describe myself as fabulous if I want to - others can decide if they think I'm 'correct' or not based on photos. doesn't the word curvy stop at a certain size and bbw take over from there in a realistic world? "

So where's that cut off?

It's not the same as age. Age isn't subjective.

By *ffanotdykeCouple  over a year ago

Telford

Had an interesting 20 minutes reading all the threads and there seems to be a common theme here, everyone under 40 appears to fixated with age. The older you get the less relevant it becomes (unless it works to my advantage). If the body still functions its the brain that matters.

Remember experience takes time to achieve.

But with everything its a matter of preference, be it age, body shape, race, etc. Thankfully we still have that choice.

Are they confused? Or are they just describing themselves the way they want to? I can describe myself as fabulous if I want to - others can decide if they think I'm 'correct' or not based on photos. doesn't the word curvy stop at a certain size and bbw take over from there in a realistic world?

So where's that cut off?

It's not the same as age. Age isn't subjective. "

well this the thing isn't it some people have different ideas to others so let's say girls who attend bbw nights what average dress size are they? It's the same with size same as age some people lie about it,with pics you can tend to how old the pic is by picture quality or what they are wearing or things in the background etc

From the age of 15 (told them i was 18 didnt look my age, still dont) I was seeing men who were 30, before feelings developed I told them face to face I was 15, one of them was a divorcee who lived in the next town and he took it well, the other didn't though, I wasn't too fussed as didn't want things to go too far.

Right now my age is wrong thanks to hiding from a certain stalker man and woman that have many profiles on here and keep making new ones to get around me blocking them. If I get chatting I will say inn the first email I'm actually xx years old.

Yep a lot of guys lie about their age on here, don't know why

"Had an interesting 20 minutes reading all the threads and there seems to be a common theme here, everyone under 40 appears to fixated with age. The older you get the less relevant it becomes (unless it works to my advantage). If the body still functions its the brain that matters.

Remember experience takes time to achieve.

But with everything its a matter of preference, be it age, body shape, race, etc. Thankfully we still have that choice. "

That's not what I picked up from reading the thread, a lot of the "if they're lying about that what else are they lying about" crew tend to be over 40s.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

A liar is a liar.

If I find out someone has lied to me it's game over. Honesty is important regardless of who it is or what the lie is. There's no excuse for it.

"A liar is a liar.

If I find out someone has lied to me it's game over. Honesty is important regardless of who it is or what the lie is. There's no excuse for it. "

This

-Courtney

I don't see the point in lying people will probably be able to tell as soon as you meet and why start off a meet with negative vibes? Even if it's just a social.

I've not met anyone who looked a lot older or younger than their stated age on fab but I have met quite a few who have a distorted idea of how tall they are

And as with age, just go off the photos! And if they're not clear enough, ask for clearer ones. Or just don't meet them.

I guess at the end of the day, clear and recent photos are always the best thing to go by, after all some people look fantastic at (say) 45, while others look ten years older than their true years. Here starts a whole other debate about why some people do not manage to have clear, up to date photos in this day and age. How about making photo verification obligatory and resubmitted every couple of years with proof of date taken?"

That doesn't stop the 'creativity' that can be used though on photos.....

Can't beat a meeting face / face that sorts out the majority of age/ body questions out instantly.

Failing that chatting to someone off site usually helps too.

"I've not met anyone who looked a lot older or younger than their stated age on fab but I have met quite a few who have a distorted idea of how tall they are "
so we want a measuring tape up against them and pics of there dress size and pic of there birth certificate before meets? Haha

"I've not met anyone who looked a lot older or younger than their stated age on fab but I have met quite a few who have a distorted idea of how tall they are so we want a measuring tape up against them and pics of there dress size and pic of there birth certificate before meets? Haha "

They could lie on the floor next to a row of end to end Sky remotes...

"I've not met anyone who looked a lot older or younger than their stated age on fab but I have met quite a few who have a distorted idea of how tall they are so we want a measuring tape up against them and pics of there dress size and pic of there birth certificate before meets? Haha

They could lie on the floor next to a row of end to end Sky remotes..."

how many do you own???

Well I'm only 5'1, never felt the need to lie about that or my age

"Well I'm only 5'1, never felt the need to lie about that or my age "
that's handy your around the right height

"Well I'm only 5'1, never felt the need to lie about that or my age that's handy your around the right height "

But too far away

"Well I'm only 5'1, never felt the need to lie about that or my age that's handy your around the right height

But too far away "

nothing a push on the neck won't solve haha!!

By *orthyorkypairCouple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Your not 95

"

can i join i am 97 lol

"I've not met anyone who looked a lot older or younger than their stated age on fab but I have met quite a few who have a distorted idea of how tall they are so we want a measuring tape up against them and pics of there dress size and pic of there birth certificate before meets? Haha "

And a copy of the front and back of their credit card with their pin

North Yorkshire

fail to see the point in lying about ages we are what we are and if we not your cup of tea we not overly worried lol

"Well I'm only 5'1, never felt the need to lie about that or my age that's handy your around the right height

But too far away nothing a push on the neck won't solve haha!! "

By *ohnjones3210Man  over a year ago

Chester

A lot of young men say they are older than they are.

It's to avoid ageism.

Does it matter when most men stop maturing at the age they find out the other usr of their dick

I regularly get told off for putting my age at 10 years older than I am (i.e they think I must be about 45/46), but I really am 56 (nearly 57!). You can't win! or maybe they are just full of bollocks!!! lol

A lot of older men say they are younger because they think once they get to 50 they will be judged to be past it... It's a psychological thing...

Obviously it helps if they have a younger looking face and outlook, if not no amount of lying will help them

I've never felt the need to lie, even though I could probably get away with knocking 5 yrs off lol

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

"fail to see the point in lying about ages we are what we are and if we not your cup of tea we not overly worried lol "

think its more with the non smokers who then light up one of those e fags..connie x

North Yorkshire

"fail to see the point in lying about ages we are what we are and if we not your cup of tea we not overly worried lol

think its more with the non smokers who then light up one of those e fags..connie x "

ohhhh yes now they could irritate us lol

just dont see the point - plenty of people on fab -

I arranged to meet a guy in a pub. Mid 30s. Own hair and teeth in the pictures. He must have sent his dad because when he turned up he was evidently not who I was expecting. I walked off without saying a word. Lesson learnt.

Can understand the odd year added or taken away, if someone thinks they maybe recognised on here, a 27year old with 29yrs on their profile may be enough to convince people its not the same guy. But to actively lie about your age to meet people who have set age bracket is wrong. Maybe use a club style policy. No I.D. no Entry.

"Mine is the right age.. Many do question if I'm a lot younger though... And that's OK with me

Many ask me if I've had a hard life....that's Not ok with me "

I'd be inclined to advise them to have a trip to the opticians

Encountered this a few times on here

Also seen a few guys in local area who have made a second profile. Younger guys adding on a few years to their age and older guys taking off a few years.

"I arranged to meet a guy in a pub. Mid 30s. Own hair and teeth in the pictures. He must have sent his dad because when he turned up he was evidently not who I was expecting. I walked off without saying a word. Lesson learnt. "

I had this once

I walked into the coffee shop where we arranged to meet

Saw him and walked straight back out the door

It wouldn't have been so bad but he had made no attempt to even look or dress clean in dirty stained clothes that didn't even fit him

Yup, I'm not even kidding."

I do that.. Without the ID.. If they look under 25.. Then It's a no.. Even if they could prove with ID.. It would still be a no

By *erfectman122Man  over a year ago

from somewhere nice

May be a ego boost for them or perhaps they want to be a touch younger each to there own

By *hoenixmanMan  over a year ago

Where men are men, and sheep are nervous...!

I take a slightly different approach. When I first became single again, one of my first dates from a dating site was with a lady who looked about a size 14 in her pics. Cut a long story short, when I met her she turned out to be a) 15 years older and b) about a size 26. The pics turned out to be from a makeover shoot she'd had done prior to having kids.

Now... as I was meeting her with a view to seeing if there might be a relationship in the offing, I wouldn't take it any further simply because - in my eyes - she had been dishonest and that is not the basis for a good start to any relationship, short or long term.

But... If she had been on Fabs and I was meeting her socially first and possibly moving on to playing, maybe that night or soon after, then I would still have played with her, even though the pics would still have been 15 years and 6 dress sizes out of date as she was still an attractive lady and, who knows, it could have been fun.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks? Maybe... but although like a lot of people on here, I have my 'preferences', I have also learned over many years that, if a connection is there, you could be turning down what could be a VERY pleasurable experience... And, forgive me if after 30 years (on n' off) of doing this I've got this wrong, this is all about widening one's experience, is it not...?

Then again, she didn't turn up in trainers or filthy workmen's gear!

On another note...I may have met men who were lying about their age, but unless they told me I wouldn't know.

» Add a new message to this topic