FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Rection to being messed around?

Rection to being messed around?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *olarfox OP   Man  over a year ago

North Cambs

Do you bin people who mess you around, especially if there is no reasonable explanation offered, or do you give them a second chance?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Bin them, you don't no them, some people will put up with loads on here and I can't understand why

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Depends. Like with every other human scenario in life, no two are the same and a 'one size fits all' solution is rarely satisfactory. There are exceptions of course.

By *issusAndHubsterCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Depends on the definition of messing around.. As there seems varying views of someone chatting via message for a few days and not dropping their knickers immediately or changing their mind through to being stood up on a meet on several occasions..

I can't bear liars.. So if it was someone saying one thing, or to meet, and then didn't pitch up, I wouldn't entertain the thought of seeing them again.. or speaking to them...

North Cambs

"Depends. Like with every other human scenario in life, no two are the same and a 'one size fits all' solution is rarely satisfactory. There are exceptions of course."

This is kind of where I stand. I did have one example of a couple who after suddenly going incommunicado the week before an arranged meet, got back in touch a couple of months later and explained things asking if I would be prepared to consider arranging another meet. It hasn't happened yet, however, at least they got back to me and I am now hopeful that one day it might..

One strike and your out I think,no time for timewasters! There's plenty of nice people on here who want to play with genuine people

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

It sounds like the old timewasters argument...with the same need to define the what exactly is meant

By *isandreTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

If there was no explanation, or a very poor one, I'd bin. I tend not to block people unless they have failed to turn up, but a private note made effectively means I'm not going to waste my time on them.

North Cambs

"If there was no explanation, or a very poor one, I'd bin. I tend not to block people unless they have failed to turn up, but a private note made effectively means I'm not going to waste my time on them."

I don't really block anyone but those who are abusive, however, if messed around I do on occasion simply remove people from my friends list.

I always find it amusing when on occasion I am messed around only to find I have then been blocked. As if those involved are worried that I might then become abusive..not my style at all.

"Depends. Like with every other human scenario in life, no two are the same and a 'one size fits all' solution is rarely satisfactory. There are exceptions of course.

This is kind of where I stand. I did have one example of a couple who after suddenly going incommunicado the week before an arranged meet, got back in touch a couple of months later and explained things asking if I would be prepared to consider arranging another meet. It hasn't happened yet, however, at least they got back to me and I am now hopeful that one day it might.."

but you said who messed you around with no reasonable explanation.

From what you've just said, something happened they disappeared when the came back explained what happened.

Different people will have different definitions of what being messed around means. I know what mine is and I wouldn't put up with anyone by my definition of the phrase.

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

Depends on the circumstance and why they messed you about. If they just kinda disappeared then I'd be very wary. I had it recently with someone,we've messaged for quite a while now on the day of the meet I did't hear from him so I deleted his number and blocked on here. A few days later he contacted me saying he'd lost his phone,things happen I suppose whether it's the truth I don't know. Anyway I'm still speaking to him now and will meet,whether that's wise I don't know. It's not the end of the world is it.

North Cambs

"Depends. Like with every other human scenario in life, no two are the same and a 'one size fits all' solution is rarely satisfactory. There are exceptions of course.

This is kind of where I stand. I did have one example of a couple who after suddenly going incommunicado the week before an arranged meet, got back in touch a couple of months later and explained things asking if I would be prepared to consider arranging another meet. It hasn't happened yet, however, at least they got back to me and I am now hopeful that one day it might..but you said who messed you around with no reasonable explanation.

From what you've just said, something happened they disappeared when the came back explained what happened.

Different people will have different definitions of what being messed around means. I know what mine is and I wouldn't put up with anyone by my definition of the phrase.

"

That was just one explanation of where a second chance proved worth it...had I of binned them after the two months of no communication following their messing me around then the opportunity to meet would have been lost...hence the example

I try not to allow people to mess me around. I meet socially first in costa just down the road from where I work on my break, I'd be there anyway so no problem if they no show. I'm aware life can get in the way and people have genuine excuses for cancelling so always give a second chance. After that I would just bin them.

This is kind of where I stand. I did have one example of a couple who after suddenly going incommunicado the week before an arranged meet, got back in touch a couple of months later and explained things asking if I would be prepared to consider arranging another meet. It hasn't happened yet, however, at least they got back to me and I am now hopeful that one day it might..but you said who messed you around with no reasonable explanation.

That was just one explanation of where a second chance proved worth it...had I of binned them after the two months of no communication following their messing me around then the opportunity to meet would have been lost...hence the example"

how would you have binned them you said you don't block people

Depends , if there's a valid reason then maybe a second chance - they won't get a third though.

Sarah

"I try not to allow people to mess me around. I meet socially first in costa just down the road from where I work on my break, I'd be there anyway so no problem if they no show. I'm aware life can get in the way and people have genuine excuses for cancelling so always give a second chance. After that I would just bin them."
why by you? Shouldn't it be halfway?

Block them . Gave someone a second chance once ended up with same excuse as first time and they had the gumption to message asking for a third "meet" !

North Cambs

That was just one explanation of where a second chance proved worth it...had I of binned them after the two months of no communication following their messing me around then the opportunity to meet would have been lost...hence the examplehow would you have binned them you said you don't block people"

Just would have removed from friend list, which I imagine would have made it clear that I no longer wanted contact..

I truly do not understand the need to block anyone but those who are abusive...I am always happy to reopen communication, if not always happy to reconsider a meet

"I try not to allow people to mess me around. I meet socially first in costa just down the road from where I work on my break, I'd be there anyway so no problem if they no show. I'm aware life can get in the way and people have genuine excuses for cancelling so always give a second chance. After that I would just bin them. why by you? Shouldn't it be halfway? "

I only want to meet local guys hun, I wouldn't expect people to travel.

We used to block very quickly for many different reasons.

Now we just block for rudeness or abusive messages.

Instead we use private notes. Sometimes a conversation will fizzle out and we feel that the door is there to be reopened. We've also learnt in our brief time that peoples wants and circumstances change. We may have messaged someone and they could have umpteen people they are talking to and then not need us as well. This may change and we are becoming easier with seeing messages deleted.

We feel most people deserve second chances, within reason.

North Cambs

"We used to block very quickly for many different reasons.

Now we just block for rudeness or abusive messages.

Instead we use private notes. Sometimes a conversation will fizzle out and we feel that the door is there to be reopened. We've also learnt in our brief time that peoples wants and circumstances change. We may have messaged someone and they could have umpteen people they are talking to and then not need us as well. This may change and we are becoming easier with seeing messages deleted.

We feel most people deserve second chances, within reason."

That was just one explanation of where a second chance proved worth it...had I of binned them after the two months of no communication following their messing me around then the opportunity to meet would have been lost...hence the examplehow would you have binned them you said you don't block people

Just would have removed from friend list, which I imagine would have made it clear that I no longer wanted contact..

I truly do not understand the need to block anyone but those who are abusive...I am always happy to reopen communication, if not always happy to reconsider a meet "

oh right, i dont use my friends list, so i wouldnt have a clue

I'm recalibrating what I want from the site, and being more selfish in my outlook.

If someone is prepared to make a little effort for me, I will do so in return. If it's clear that they're not really all that bothered about meeting and I'm kind of there on a reserve list if and when they ever need a plan B, C or D then whereas in the past I'd go chasing every now and then I won't now.

So nobody is 'binned' but the effort exerted into people that are clearly not that bothered is minimal

That was just one explanation of where a second chance proved worth it...had I of binned them after the two months of no communication following their messing me around then the opportunity to meet would have been lost...hence the examplehow would you have binned them you said you don't block people

I truly do not understand the need to block anyone but those who are abusive...I am always happy to reopen communication, if not always happy to reconsider a meet "

I never add anyone as a friend that I haven't met first so if someone messed me about its an instant block ... That way no comeback from them

Bin bin bin bin

By *eekenderzCouple  over a year ago

London

I react badly when you have arranged to meet a couple and then in the days before the date they go silent and don't reply to messages. Then, more often than not they cancel last minute with a lame excuse - usually blaming a sudden surprise period. So rude to not respond to messages when you are making plans. Although we had a funny excuse a few days ago when someone said they didn't want to meet because they were looking for something closer to home (we all live in the same small city)

MrsW

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Not enough blue cards on this thread

By *mojeeCouple  over a year ago

Dunfermline

We bin them cause let's face it there's plenty to chose from

If there is no explanation or attempt to contact, then "once bitten" is my rule of thumb

Individual circumstances.

One of my best meets was from an unverified couple who cancelled the first meet

I'm a busy woman. If someone messes me around they're unlikely to get another chance.

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple  over a year ago

North Manchester

If we arrange a meet and something happens we would usually give them the benefit of the doubt (providing they let us know of course) let us down a second time (whatever the reason) that's it I'm afraid.

I rarely give second chances,.....

i was thinking who gets an erection from being messed around

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"Do you bin people who mess you around, especially if there is no reasonable explanation offered, or do you give them a second chance?"

It really depends on the circumstances, our mood at that given time and whether we believed them or not.

» Add a new message to this topic