FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Has Dry January got to everybody on here?

Has Dry January got to everybody on here?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hoenixman OP   Man  over a year ago

Where men are men, and sheep are nervous...!

I posted this on another thread in The Lounge, but thinking about it, I think it's a topic for general discussion... if you want to.

A surprising number of threads in the forums seem to be obsessed with so-called 'fake' profiles since I rejoined a few weeks ago.

As far as I'm concerned, what someone/some couple does with their profile is up to them. Last time I checked the conditions of Platinum Membership (whooops.. shouldn't have mentioned that) there was no actual requirement to meet...?? There was also no actual requirement for anyone to contact anyone. Nor any requirement to do ANYTHING other than fill in the required fields on the sign up screen and that's it.

If you don't want to meet someone whose profile doesn't do it for you - in any way - then just move on to the next.. and the next...

I've been on and off here for seven years now and all that time it's been organic. Those who don't do much with their profile/membership wither and die (the profile that is!) whilst others are hugely active in every way.

And the other little 'consideration'... don't judge others use of this 'facility' against the way you use it.

Live and let live...

Have things REALLY changed that much, or are there more people on here who just don't 'get' the reality of using sites like this to explore their Swinging?

Rant over! I feel better for that.... (retires to corner and awaits the forum police.....)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It be February

"It be February "

I know... but it seems to have had a lasting effect.....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't know what this is about.

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

"I posted this on another thread in The Lounge, but thinking about it, I think it's a topic for general discussion... if you want to.

A surprising number of threads in the forums seem to be obsessed with so-called 'fake' profiles since I rejoined a few weeks ago.

As far as I'm concerned, what someone/some couple does with their profile is up to them. Last time I checked the conditions of Platinum Membership (whooops.. shouldn't have mentioned that) there was no actual requirement to meet...?? There was also no actual requirement for anyone to contact anyone. Nor any requirement to do ANYTHING other than fill in the required fields on the sign up screen and that's it.

If you don't want to meet someone whose profile doesn't do it for you - in any way - then just move on to the next.. and the next...

I've been on and off here for seven years now and all that time it's been organic. Those who don't do much with their profile/membership wither and die (the profile that is!) whilst others are hugely active in every way.

And the other little 'consideration'... don't judge others use of this 'facility' against the way you use it.

Live and let live...

Have things REALLY changed that much, or are there more people on here who just don't 'get' the reality of using sites like this to explore their Swinging?

Rant over! I feel better for that.... (retires to corner and awaits the forum police.....)

"

Nothings changed, always been timewasters just over years more members, so when only 1000 members maybe 10 would whinge, now theres 20,000+ members hundreds are whinging.

It hasnt got worse just volumes of members had increased which in turn has increased number of 'straight' men, genuine people, online chatters, wankers, fakes etc.

They have always existed

"Nothings changed, always been timewasters just over years more members, so when only 1000 members maybe 10 would whinge, now theres 20,000+ members hundreds are whinging.

It hasnt got worse just volumes of members had increased which in turn has increased number of 'straight' men, genuine people, online chatters, wankers, fakes etc.

They have always existed"

Agreed. Just seems there are soooo many threads all on the same theme... maybe it's just January and loads of people have got 'fake blues'... who knows...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Everyone does seem a little bit obsessed with them at the moment. Can't say I've noticed a huge increase but I don't pay much attention to new members or local updates anyway which is the only place I can imagine I'd really see lots of fake profiles.

They're all that bloody obvious anyway that they're easily avoided.

» Add a new message to this topic