FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > skin conditions

skin conditions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

This is a topic that I haven't seen come up on the forums before, so I thought I would post just in case anyone else is going through the same thing. Although I don't usually talk about it, I suffer from psoriasis. Usually it's under control and not really noticeable, but with a change of meds I am having a big flare up at the moment. We are hosting a long arranged house party tonight, so its not really something we would want to cancel. I try not to think about it and get self conscious, but anyone else who has a skin condition will know, it can be hard to keep these feelings at bay sometimes.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ax777Man  over a year ago

Not here

A few weeks ago on Dragons Den a couple won investment for their body scrubs which they claim to help skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.

This is a link to their website.

http://groundedbodyscrub.co.uk/product/coconut-body-scrub/

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

It has been discussed before. Bung psoriasis in the search box and the threads should come up.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"A few weeks ago on Dragons Den a couple won investment for their body scrubs which they claim to help skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.

This is a link to their website.

http://groundedbodyscrub.co.uk/product/coconut-body-scrub/"

Cheers mate that's most welcome.

I have Eczema.

Understandable, it makes you self conscious, I have really sensitive skin and if I use something new like make up or shower gel my skin can flare up or break out, stress causes it too, it's really frustrating and annoying

as its caused by cells replicating too fast, how a scrub, which would do just that, help is a mystery to me....ive had it for years, its gradually disappearing now, only good side effect of menopause,so i sympathise... i do think though , that other people are not as bothered by it as the sufferers imagine..i used to be very self concious about it,taken years for me to realise actually people dont really care!

By *ax777Man  over a year ago

Not here

"as its caused by cells replicating too fast, how a scrub, which would do just that, help is a mystery to me....ive had it for years, its gradually disappearing now, only good side effect of menopause,so i sympathise... i do think though , that other people are not as bothered by it as the sufferers imagine..i used to be very self concious about it,taken years for me to realise actually people dont really care! "

That's not the cause of eczema though and I did say that they claim it helps both conditions. Instead of just dismissing it out of hand, maybe you should have a look at it?

It was of interest to me as my daughter suffers from eczema. She has purchased some but has only been using it for a week so it's too early to say how effective it is.

There was a lady on here a few years ago with a skin condition that she was very self conscious of. People really didn't notice and eventually she felt much better about herself.

Good luck with the party OP. x

By *herealdeal90Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

I suffer from psoriasis. Iv had it for the past 15 years. Iv had many creams and ointments prescribed from doctors. Nothing Iv used has gotten rid of the psoriasis. But it's now manageable, betnovate cream has made it manageable, as soon as I forget to use it it gets bad again.

By *6guyMan  over a year ago

Hammersmith

"This is a topic that I haven't seen come up on the forums before, so I thought I would post just in case anyone else is going through the same thing. Although I don't usually talk about it, I suffer from psoriasis. Usually it's under control and not really noticeable, but with a change of meds I am having a big flare up at the moment. We are hosting a long arranged house party tonight, so its not really something we would want to cancel. I try not to think about it and get self conscious, but anyone else who has a skin condition will know, it can be hard to keep these feelings at bay sometimes. "

I can sympathise with your condition, I sometimes get an acne breakout and feel very unattractive. Most people don't seem to mind. I hope it gets better and you have a great time at your party!

"This is a topic that I haven't seen come up on the forums before, so I thought I would post just in case anyone else is going through the same thing. Although I don't usually talk about it, I suffer from psoriasis. Usually it's under control and not really noticeable, but with a change of meds I am having a big flare up at the moment. We are hosting a long arranged house party tonight, so its not really something we would want to cancel. I try not to think about it and get self conscious, but anyone else who has a skin condition will know, it can be hard to keep these feelings at bay sometimes. "

Hey gorgeous, i have the same on my feet and hands i dont take meds just cream and feel very self concious of it x

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Belfast

Had a friend that suffered from awful psoriasis, it just suddenly developed after having relatively good skin.

Turned out it was undiagnosed coeliacs disease that was causing it!

That was only after a year of being forbed off with creams, steroids.. Retinoids.. Antibiotics.. Everyone's diff , in her case it was dietary allergen .

After eliminating gluten (wheat, barely, rye) things cleared up with 6 months. So funny though .. She exhibited none of the classic coeliac disease symptoms (bloating, diarrhoea, gas)..

Hope you're feeling anyway hun. Xx.

By *manda63Woman  over a year ago

Southampton

A lady I used to work with had severe psoriasis, she had sunbed treatments on the nhs, it helped a bit, she also had to smother her legs and arms in cream,wear long skirts and longsleeve tops summer and winter, regardless. It personally wouldnt bother me meeting someone with this skin condition. Hope your party goes well.

X-linked Ichthyosis .

God you have to be the bravest of people to swing with a skin condition . You're definitely worried about weight height size being naked . It's the reaction of others always .

By *r TonguetasticMan  over a year ago

North Essex

I am on daily medication for psoriasis, suffered for about 15 years.I have only started messaging people and actively seeking meets since the new year, prior to then there was no way I would have felt comfortable taking even my shirt off in the company of others,let alone getting naked.

I finally feel comfortable enough to enjoy meeting and have now had several great meets,12 months ago this would not have been possible. The medication does have potential risks and I have monthly blood tests and quarterly meeting with my consultant at the hospital, however the changes in my body confidence and daily life far outweigh the risks associated with the medication.

Severe psoriasis controls your life when clothed, you cannot think about getting naked with those close to you let alone strangers.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

KP rosacea here. Mostly on my upper arms. Flare-ups are worse this time of year but in the summer people just assume I've caught the sun. I've given explaining when they point that out.

» Add a new message to this topic