FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > The ethical Slut

The ethical Slut

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ichaelellen OP   Couple  over a year ago

Loughborough

I'm currently reading the ethical slut written by Dossier Easton and Janet W. Hardy. Not too far in to it but I'm already surprised how much it resonates with me.

I've just starting to explore polyamory, open relationships and had the fortune to meet an amazing girl who has given me the strength and support to pursue this. Having someone there gives so much confidence and a huge enabler.

My actual thoughts are what does this have to do with swinging, clubs, fab? Does it have anything to do with it? Sexual encounters, flirting, hot sex the general world seems far more constrained. Is this just about removing these controlling mechanics and let sexual people be sexual? Forgive my lack of knowledge as some of these questions maybe naive.

I'm not that naive however and working on it where I am.

Right looking forward to discussion on this.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Whilst TES is a very interesting read, it's not really a book about swinging/swapping at all. It's about polyamory and changing the historical perception of relationships.

There is only a short passage on the subject, and it feels rather looked down upon if anything (although I note that it has become more positive in more recent editions).

By *ichaelellen OP   Couple  over a year ago

Loughborough

Would you say swinging/swapping is perceived less openly that polyamory and Open relationships?

Seems is a relative minority that can deal with having sexual experiences with others.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would say that generally it is.

If you were to tell someone that you are in an open relationship, they might raise an eyebrow but would be interested to know more. My perception is that to do the same and tell people that you are a swinger would get a much less positive reaction.

Even on this site, we are often told that swinging is just shagging around. Perhaps it is Polyamorists often seem to attach themselves to the fetish scene rather than the swinging one for some reason.

From our own point of view, we are not interested in polyamory. Our relationship is the only one we want - but each to their own There's room enough for everyone to bump along together x

By *fcdTV/TS  over a year ago

Southend

Couldn't get on with TES, it was far too pleased with itself in tone and having read other quotes from the authors, particularly DE, I think it was a wise idea to abandon it where I did.

» Add a new message to this topic