FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Fab - A haven for bigots?

Fab - A haven for bigots?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ogerNesszones OP   Man  over a year ago

Northern England

Over the past few weeks, I've seen a number of profiles showing:

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

I find the above offensive, and I wouldn't even consider meeting people who had the above on their profiles

These statements make me think of the notices some landlords posted on their doors in the 1950's (before anyone says anything, I was NOT around then ha ha):

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

Of course I respect people's right to have preferences - Indeed one's sexual preference and willingness / unwillingness to meet smokers are already catered for in the standard format; So why do these people feel the need to rule out certain ethnicities? I think we all know the answer to that...But surely rather than publicise their bigotry, all they need to do if they're approached by someone they deem inappropriate, is delete the message and block them.

I know I'm opening a can of worms here, but does anyone else feel the same way?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Over the past few weeks, I've seen a number of profiles showing:

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

I find the above offensive, and I wouldn't even consider meeting people who had the above on their profiles

These statements make me think of the notices some landlords posted on their doors in the 1950's (before anyone says anything, I was NOT around then ha ha):

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

Of course I respect people's right to have preferences - Indeed one's sexual preference and willingness / unwillingness to meet smokers are already catered for in the standard format; So why do these people feel the need to rule out certain ethnicities? I think we all know the answer to that...But surely rather than publicise their bigotry, all they need to do if they're approached by someone they deem inappropriate, is delete the message and block them.

I know I'm opening a can of worms here, but does anyone else feel the same way? "

I understand the sentiment of your thread but sadly it will be shot down - mainly because we all make choices ion life and this site is but a tiny fragment of the population and therefore not to be taken as everyone's _iews - hope you see that

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

I know I'm opening a can of worms here, but does anyone else feel the same way? "

I hate worms..... have a total phobia with them n snakes..... will cross over the road if I see a W quick enough ... blerghhhhhh xxxxx

I think as fas as smoking goes surely it's up to the individual to state if they don't wish to meet a smoker! It's nothing personal after all - just their own personal choice which they have a right to express! I have came across many guys stating that they are not seeking larger ladies ....it may be offensive to some but it is their choice. As a mature lady I do find there are many who state I am too old for them but I am not in the least offended

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

We still have the NO DOGS rule

"We still have the NO DOGS rule "

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

Big difference

1. Is a service which should be open to all - I.e. hotel rooms

2. Who you sleep with is a preference

3. Unless you are charging people to sleep with you you have the right to say who enters your body

And even if they are paying as it's such a personal act you have the right

A hotel stay isn't personal

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

"Big difference

3. Unless you are charging people to sleep with you you have the right to say who enters your body

A hotel stay isn't personal "

Eh?

Having personal preferences on a personal profile I would have thought those who actually read profiles could see it and go "I'm not their type I won't email them and waste both mine and their time" no? is that just too sensible to do?

By *ripleXrateDWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I don't think it's always bigotry but people's choice.

Like a straight guy saying no men.

Of course with some people it would be racism. Xxxxxx

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

. Freedom of choice . These members are being open and honest in stating their preferences . Not really any different to some people stating that they only wish to meet coloured men.

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

No

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Having personal preferences on a personal profile I would have thought those who actually read profiles could see it and go "I'm not their type I won't email them and waste both mine and their time" no? is that just too sensible to do? "

This

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

So you'd meet a guy for a mm meet then? As it'd be sexist to say no, a fuck's a fuck after all

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

So you'd meet a guy for a mm meet then? As it'd be sexist to say no, a fuck's a fuck after all "

I second that, it merely a personal choice, get off that moral high ground FFS !

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Having personal preferences on a personal profile I would have thought those who actually read profiles could see it and go "I'm not their type I won't email them and waste both mine and their time" no? is that just too sensible to do? "
. A very realistic post ..Sadly not all members of society are able to use common sense .

Wisbech and A47 corridor

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

. I would much prefer if people put what they want on their profiles . If a lady or couples state on their profile NO WHITE MEN , I would not be offended . I prefer to spend my time looking for suitable meets , not analysing peoples profiles and wondering if they are politically correct .

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

think op needs to chill . I'd rather people put what they want etc and that way your not wasting time messageing someone uv not a cat in hells chance off meeting , plus they won't be inundated with people there not attracted to .

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

OP .... Dry your eyes

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

But OP - by the same tokens, are you not presenting yourself as a sexist bigot by saying on your profile that you won't meet men???

According to you, it isn't your right to declare yourself as straight, and to not make yourself available to all sexes equally...

We have some of the above on our profile as I am not into black or Asian men. Do I feel that this makes me bigoted? Absolutely not!

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

Are the organisers of BMFC racist bigots by your theory?

Are the only non bigoted people on here bi that meet with 18-99 of all races?

By *teph-SammieCouple (FF)  over a year ago

just visiting :)

personal preference, read and move on..

If some guy says he wont meet other guys, does this make him homophobic ?.....

By *exycouplemmmmCouple  over a year ago

Surrey

I just don't see the need to say it in the profile. Seeing it in black and white (no pun intended) is harsh, however the writer has expressed it.

Simply don't meet or respond to those you believe you aren't interested in surely.

By *aeBabeWoman  over a year ago

London

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

No. It's my body, my profile. I can state who I want to engage with sexually. If that offends someone because they aren't my type, unfortunately the best thing they can do is block and move on. Saves us both wasting time.

"I just don't see the need to say it in the profile. Seeing it in black and white (no pun intended) is harsh, however the writer has expressed it.

Simply don't meet or respond to those you believe you aren't interested in surely.

"

And then you set yourself up for getting a pile of abuse for deleting their message...

I see lots of profiles only wanting black men? So why not include that in the list? I'm very anti racist and a paid up leftie, I don't agree with you at all

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

No and to suggest it is is disingenuous or naive..

there are some on here who are complete bigots and should be challenged as such but no one has the right to say that just because so and so wont jump my bones because of x,y or z is racist, sizeist, ageist etc etc..

its preference, maybe concentrate on that which you can influence and achieve rather than waste your time looking for excuses or labels as to ones enjoyment of the site..

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

A better question would be 'Is Fab's Lounge Forum a haven for bigots?'

To which the answer is obviously yes. Fortunately it's full of nice people too!

By *uthTVDerbysTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

Even if we welcome all in the most cosmopolitan and right-on manner the should we be also be selective of financial and employment status. Adopting such a liberal approach ... I agreed to meet a Swahili, disabled, gay, unemployed and bankrupt vagrant gentleman or be branded the bigot I never was. He even had contracted seventeen various exotic diseases and owned a parrot called Norman Brogues. I had to take all this into account before the meeting. On first arrival said person demanded I loan him£100 "until payday". When I asked him when pay day was, he replied "I dunno mate. You're the one with the job". Happy now?

I wouldn't want to meet anyone who had no Asians/Blacks/Bi men etc. I don't like the tone and wouldn't enjoy being in their company.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 15/01/16 18:30:32]

London

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

No: and I have no intention of justifying MY choices as I don't expect others to justify who they want to have sex with!

OP your post is total rubbish!!

By *ngie1962Couple  over a year ago

Bedford

There's nothing worse then kissing someone who smells and tastes like an ashtray

By *exycouplemmmmCouple  over a year ago

Surrey

"I just don't see the need to say it in the profile. Seeing it in black and white (no pun intended) is harsh, however the writer has expressed it.

And then you set yourself up for getting a pile of abuse for deleting their message..."

Oh that's not good! We've not experienced anything like that. And we typically delete all messages after two-three days in any case. Personally I just think that it's distasteful and directly racist to write it like some I have seen and it's not necessary.

I've been sat here for about 5 minutes trying to figure out how you could possibly be offended by this

I still haven't come up with anything, has anybody else?

Nope?

Nobody at all?

Didn't think So.

This really has to be the biggest load of bollocks I've read on here lately.

OP, it is simple, isn't it? I am here for sex. I like sex with some types of people and not others. I am not a charity with an intention to better society (on here, at least). "M

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Just don't contact them

Any angst could end there, if you truly want it to.

Leave others to do their thing

Personal choice plain and simple

My ex was black but was not attracted to black women.. He racist????

Do people just constantly look for things to be offended by!?

By *isa 59Woman  over a year ago

Newcastle

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

No I don't...and for the sake of accuracy the signs read:

No Blacks

No Dogs

No Irish

"I've been sat here for about 5 minutes trying to figure out how you could possibly be offended by this

Nope?

Nobody at all?

Didn't think So.

This really has to be the biggest load of bollocks I've read on here lately. "

London

"Personal choice plain and simple

Do people just constantly look for things to be offended by!? "

It's when they get offended on my behalf when I could give a fuck that's annoying!

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

It's called "preference".

I am attracted to women, so I would say "I do not meet single men". Is that sexist? No, of course not.

I am not attracted to women more than 20 years younger or older than myself. Am I ageist? No, I cannot help who I am (and am not) attracted to.

While I find women of all races and many sizes attractive, I do prefer BBWs. Am I sizeist? No, I have a preference.

If someone isn't attracted to black (or white or asian) people that's their sexual preference and there's probably nothing they can do about it.

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

We draw the line at black Irish Wolfhounds

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

Why do you find it offensive?

Attraction cannot be holden to rules. You dont choose what you like you just like it. I dont have to give anyone im not attracted to equal opportunities.

Luton

"Attraction cannot be holden to rules. You dont choose what you like you just like it. I dont have to give anyone im not attracted to equal opportunities.

"

Exactly, nobody can change whether they are attracted to a specific skin colour any more than than they can change which gender(s) they are attracted to.

My partner and I are looking for a single lady at the moment, I found a few profiles what took our fancy, however a good few are only looking for well built fit black men. Guess what I did? Yes that's right closed the profile and looked for the next profile no offence here!!

Why does it seem the only people offended are the people who don't like the word no

Luton

"My partner and I are looking for a single lady at the moment, I found a few profiles what took our fancy, however a good few are only looking for well built fit black men. Guess what I did? Yes that's right closed the profile and looked for the next profile no offence here!!

Why does it seem the only people offended are the people who don't like the word no"

I am sure we have all known the disappointment of reading a lovely profile...we like the person/people in it...love the photos and identify with what they have written...only to find they're looking for something completely different to yourself.

It happens....scroll onto the next one. Person A might be perfect for me, and I may be the complete opposite of what they are hoping to meet.

Northern England

"I wouldn't want to meet anyone who had no Asians/Blacks/Bi men etc. I don't like the tone and wouldn't enjoy being in their company. "

Why are you offended OP? Are you a bisexual Asian smoker?

I would say the one who shouts the loudest loud of bullshit has he biggest problem. OP your opinion doesn't seemed very shared. This site is used to find like minded people to have sex with or whatever. Have you ever had sex with somebody you don't fancy.... if its not for your taste and you have the choice why would you do it. Read the profiles and move on. Don't have an aneurysm over what other people prefer. Just mind your own business instead of others.

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

"We draw the line at black Irish Wolfhounds"

Prude

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

You've got no men?

Also not everyone likes smokers for kissing

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"I think as fas as smoking goes surely it's up to the individual to state if they don't wish to meet a smoker! It's nothing personal after all - just their own personal choice which they have a right to express! I have came across many guys stating that they are not seeking larger ladies ....it may be offensive to some but it is their choice. As a mature lady I do find there are many who state I am too old for them but I am not in the least offended"

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I wouldn't want to meet anyone who had no Asians/Blacks/Bi men etc. I don't like the tone and wouldn't enjoy being in their company.

"

but you are using that as a preference decider... so quite frankly i am offended by your preference.....

ooooh... see how many can play that game....

I was going to come up with some wordy and fanciful answer...... but to be honest i cant really be arsed.... so here is what i came up with...

"i am not here to provide a service for others... so.. my body, my rules!!!!"

you don't have to like it... i am not asking you too... and i am not about to take one for any team!

"Personal choice plain and simple

Do people just constantly look for things to be offended by!?

It's when they get offended on my behalf when I could give a fuck that's annoying! "

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

I don't want to meet Eskimos. It's a personal preference. But I do tend to say a polite 'no thanks' when they contact me rather than advertise that I don't want a partner who smells of seal meat.

Northern England

Wake up you lot! Precluding other ethnicities is not a "preference". However you try to dress it up; It's bigotry.

When will some of you realise that people are people; Whatever their colour / creed / ethnicity, and if some individuals on here don't want to meet people of other ethnic groups / have prejudices. Fine; All they have to do is delete and block..but for goodness sake, keep your offensive _iews off your public profiles. I (and from the messages of support I've received) and many others) find them deeply offensive!

By *ripleXrateDWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

That would make you homophobic by your logic as you won't meat men. Xxxxx

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Wake up you lot! Precluding other ethnicities is not a "preference". However you try to dress it up; It's bigotry.

When will some of you realise that people are people; Whatever their colour / creed / ethnicity, and if some individuals on here don't want to meet people of other ethnic groups / have prejudices. Fine; All they have to do is delete and block..but for goodness sake, keep your offensive _iews off your public profiles. I (and from the messages of support I've received) and many others) find them deeply offensive!"

okay...... now to see just how big a hole you wish to dig for yourself....

so what would you call an acceptable preference then????? just out of interest?

Luton

Yes, people are people. If I were choosing my assistant at work then their gender, colour, religion, sexuality and so on would be of no matter. Nor is it of any matter with regard to my friends.

But I cannot wave a magic wand and make myself attracted to someone I am not attracted to. Nor can anyone.

I can't take this seriously anymore

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

oh, and no short men either

Don't worry OP I'm sure the bisexual Asian guys who enjoy a smoke will be along shortly to thank you for your valour

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

OP, can I fuck you? I will if you want. Thought not.....why? Because you're straight? And I'm bisexual? Does that mean I'm more open minded than you or does it mean you have a preference not to or just plain don't want to?

QED then, mate.

Wembley

"Wake up you lot! Precluding other ethnicities is not a "preference". However you try to dress it up; It's bigotry.

When will some of you realise that people are people; Whatever their colour / creed / ethnicity, and if some individuals on here don't want to meet people of other ethnic groups / have prejudices. Fine; All they have to do is delete and block..but for goodness sake, keep your offensive _iews off your public profiles. I (and from the messages of support I've received) and many others) find them deeply offensive!"

Men are people too; do you have sex with them or are you prejudiced?

Oh, let me guess; that is different. Correct?

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

its not bigotry.....it's called having a choice and making it easier for others!

a way of making it even easier would be by adding boxes on the preference page

I wont meet short men either so I guess that makes me heightist

By *oretta DelamonteTV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

Yes. Been blocked for exposing Racial hatred, Transphobia, Homophobia, etc. x

By *artytwoCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

You should worry less about bigots but fear more the cynics who might suspect your motives posting a self-promoting pc friendly and sycophantic rant.

Just sayin'

Oh dear Loooooooooool.

What's to say that's not already been said?

Birmingham

"I understand the sentiment of your thread but sadly it will be shot down - mainly because we all make choices ion life and this site is but a tiny fragment of the population and therefore not to be taken as everyone's _iews - hope you see that "
He shouldn't- a polite 'no' would do. How would you feel if you went into a shop in France, and they had a sign saying ' No British'??

Birmingham

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

its not bigotry.....it's called having a choice and making it easier for others!

I wont meet short men either so I guess that makes me heightist "

Or strange.x

Birmingham

"Oh dear Loooooooooool.

What's to say that's not already been said? "

Tons

Birmingham

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

You should worry less about bigots but fear more the cynics who might suspect your motives posting a self-promoting pc friendly and sycophantic rant.

Just sayin'"

Vile _iewpoint.

Luton

This isn't a shop in France.

It's a swingers site, and people are perfectly within their rights to state what attracts them and what does not attract them.

If someone states that they are looking for submissive women, are they somehow insulting all vanilla and dominant women? And all men? And all non-binary people?

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

I wont meet short men either so I guess that makes me heightist Or strange.x"

I prefer heightist

Birmingham

When will some of you realise that people are people; Whatever their colour / creed / ethnicity, and if some individuals on here don't want to meet people of other ethnic groups / have prejudices. Fine; All they have to do is delete and block..but for goodness sake, keep your offensive _iews off your public profiles. I (and from the messages of support I've received) and many others) find them deeply offensive!

Men are people too; do you have sex with them or are you prejudiced?

Oh, let me guess; that is different. Correct? "

Read it all- why would you think that??/

Birmingham

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

I wont meet short men either so I guess that makes me heightist Or strange.x

I prefer heightist "

Good theory?.xx

I think calling someone a bigot if they won't meet smokers is pushing the envelope somewhat.

Birmingham

"Don't worry OP I'm sure the bisexual Asian guys who enjoy a smoke will be along shortly to thank you for your valour "
They might, how would you know ????

Luton

I am not offended if someone has in their profile "no fat men".

It merely tells me that I'm not their type.

I am not offended if someone has in their profile "no white men" or "black men only" (and many women do).

It merely tells me that I am not their type.

It is not bigotry. It is a sexual preference. I don't meet single men, because I am not attracted to men. I state this on my profile. I do meet women and couples. Does that make me somehow anti-man? Please explain.

Birmingham

okay...... now to see just how big a hole you wish to dig for yourself....

so what would you call an acceptable preference then????? just out of interest? Keeping personal opinions to yourselves. No need to offend, as OPstayes, a pleaseant no would surfice,. You people amuse me.You really do.

"

Birmingham

"I am not offended if someone has in their profile "no fat men".

I am not offended if someone has in their profile "no white men" or "black men only" (and many women do).

It is not bigotry. It is a sexual preference. I don't meet single men, because I am not attracted to men. I state this on my profile. I do meet women and couples. Does that make me somehow anti-man? Please explain."

If you where black, you may feel different. They have thousands of issues to deal with, without this- Imnagine if you had a black child, and it was shunned by others??

Freedom of choice

Much like most of the others commenting.. no. Its our profiles and we will post whatever the hell we want on it. Don't like it leave. Your choice staying, looking and wasting time.

Birmingham

"Freedom of choice"
Sure. No problem to be bigoted tho. Surely a no thanks would surfice? Unless you are trying to make a point...

Birmingham

Much like most of the others commenting.. no. Its our profiles and we will post whatever the hell we want on it. Don't like it leave. Your choice staying, looking and wasting time. "

Wasting your own time, not ours- and who are you to say leave? - OH WAIT-you own the site- don't you ?? Lol.

Luton

How am I bigoted for posting that I don't meet men...when I am not attracted to men?

And that is no different to someone saying they don't meet black people...or that they prefer to meet black people.

It's a sexual preference. It doesn't mean they discriminate against such people, just that they're not sexually aroused by them.

We cannot be attracted to everyone. We have age ranges, body types, hair colours, and so on that we prefer and perhaps some that don't "do it" for us. That is not bigotry. Nor is it bigotry to point out in a profile what one does and does not like.

No its not haven for anything, it represents a cross section of society.

The good,the open minded, Conservative sorts,those who wish to take offence easily and take everything to task and those who shrug it all off.

Most of the time in the real world we somehow managed our differences in the interest of peace...it's easier to avoid folk here.

Newcastle and Gateshead

still waiting for the OP to tell us the list of "acceptable preferences".........

this should be really interesting........

Much like most of the others commenting.. no. Its our profiles and we will post whatever the hell we want on it. Don't like it leave. Your choice staying, looking and wasting time. Wasting your own time, not ours- and who are you to say leave? - OH WAIT-you own the site- don't you ?? Lol."

It was an option for him And I thought I pmt'd badly. Jesus take a chill pill.

It is not bigotry. It is a sexual preference. I don't meet single men, because I am not attracted to men. I state this on my profile. I do meet women and couples. Does that make me somehow anti-man? Please explain.If you where black, you may feel different. They have thousands of issues to deal with, without this- Imnagine if you had a black child, and it was shunned by others??"

I was sent a message by a black man and because I almost always reply to messages, I replied 'no thanks, I'm not into black men' to which he replied 'YOU SHOULD POST IT ON YOUR PROFILE THEN AND SAVE OTHERS LIKE ME FROM WASTING A MESSAGE'......

so I did its not bigotry, it's a personal choice

Wisbech and A47 corridor

. However a significant number of members prefer those who are open and honest and state their preferences clearly as opposed to those who wish to appear to be politically correct .

It is freedom of choice and has nothing to do with being a bigot .

Ironically it is often those who wish to appear to be politically correct who are the most intolerantof othe people . They want to distate how we think ..

Got to love it this place is the last bastion of free expression ,You can be Ageist , Sizeist, Racist , Homophobic , and display classism all without impunity.

Its a sort of Jeremy Clarkson type Nirvana

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"I understand the sentiment of your thread but sadly it will be shot down - mainly because we all make choices ion life and this site is but a tiny fragment of the population and therefore not to be taken as everyone's _iews - hope you see that He shouldn't- a polite 'no' would do. How would you feel if you went into a shop in France, and they had a sign saying ' No British'??"
. I am a regular visitor to France and it would not bother me . I would just gonto the next suitable shop

not quite the same - i have no prejudice in who i talk to - work with - sit next to on a train - just choices on who i have sex with - altogether a more personal thing

in Lancashire

think your talking bollocks and making shit up now..

your ignorance is interesting..

"My partner and I are looking for a single lady at the moment, I found a few profiles what took our fancy, however a good few are only looking for well built fit black men. Guess what I did? Yes that's right closed the profile and looked for the next profile no offence here!!

Why does it seem the only people offended are the people who don't like the word no"

Reply of the Century !

Why does it seem the only people offended are the people who don't like the word no

Reply of the Century !

"

Your sensible post offends me

"I wouldn't want to meet anyone who had no Asians/Blacks/Bi men etc. I don't like the tone and wouldn't enjoy being in their company.

but you are using that as a preference decider... so quite frankly i am offended by your preference.....

ooooh... see how many can play that game....

I was going to come up with some wordy and fanciful answer...... but to be honest i cant really be arsed.... so here is what i came up with...

"i am not here to provide a service for others... so.. my body, my rules!!!!"

you don't have to like it... i am not asking you too... and i am not about to take one for any team! "

You're being a smart arse,I would use that as a preference filter too. Works for me

[Removed by poster at 15/01/16 21:43:20]

I don't find those kind of people offensive,it's quite hard to offend me. I wouldn't meet them because they aren't my kind of people.

Much like most of the others commenting.. no. Its our profiles and we will post whatever the hell we want on it. Don't like it leave. Your choice staying, looking and wasting time. "

This. If people dont like it, tough shit. The 'back' button is there for people to use freely.

Much like most of the others commenting.. no. Its our profiles and we will post whatever the hell we want on it. Don't like it leave. Your choice staying, looking and wasting time.

This. If people dont like it, tough shit. The 'back' button is there for people to use freely. "

whats the back button ?? never come across this

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

I know I'm opening a can of worms here, but does anyone else feel the same way? Yes. Been blocked for exposing Racial hatred, Transphobia, Homophobia, etc. x"

Not for being insufferable then?

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

Hi, op, I have commented on numerous of such profiles in the past too. I also find them offensive because of the phrases they use. People are showing themselves up by their choice of language which deliberately and not so subtly harks back to a time of prejudice and hatred. I am the partner of a bi black man, so bring it on .... also the parent of mixed race children, and would not like any human being, or dog for that matter, being referred to in that way. If its truly a preference, how about expressing it in a positive way. Off to add 'no bigots' to my profile.

This. If people dont like it, tough shit. The 'back' button is there for people to use freely. whats the back button ?? never come across this "

Depending on your device, the key above return, the nottom roght touch key on your phone, to either the left and right of your browser search bar or to the bottom left of your browser on lollipop devices.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

[Removed by poster at 15/01/16 23:06:41]

Northern England

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

I know I'm opening a can of worms here, but does anyone else feel the same way? Yes. Been blocked for exposing Racial hatred, Transphobia, Homophobia, etc. x"

By *lagwifeinheelsCouple  over a year ago

colchester

Right!

So I take it by your rules we aren't allowed to put anything at all on our profiles then?

Sorry girls, all of you stating only hung men.....you're guilty of sizeism!

Nope I'm sorry, you're not allowed to state a preference, or a like/dislike! !!

In fact according to these poster's you'd just better shag absolutely everyone on here!

Northern England

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

Hi, op, I have commented on numerous of such profiles in the past too. I also find them offensive because of the phrases they use. People are showing themselves up by their choice of language which deliberately and not so subtly harks back to a time of prejudice and hatred. I am the partner of a bi black man, so bring it on .... also the parent of mixed race children, and would not like any human being, or dog for that matter, being referred to in that way. If its truly a preference, how about expressing it in a positive way. Off to add 'no bigots' to my profile."

By *ongleggedfemaleWoman  over a year ago

Bucks

This thread is laughable Appears we are being judged by the politically correct brigade.

it's about personal preference after all. If we all liked the same thing how dull it would be!

And I'm constantly messaged by men who don't meet my preferences so it proves most don't read anyway.

It is not bigotry. It is a sexual preference. I don't meet single men, because I am not attracted to men. I state this on my profile. I do meet women and couples. Does that make me somehow anti-man? Please explain.If you where black, you may feel different. They have thousands of issues to deal with, without this- Imnagine if you had a black child, and it was shunned by others??"

So you would teach your child that it should expect everyone to want to sleep with it?

Cant possibly see that leading to issues at all.

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

"still waiting for the OP to tell us the list of "acceptable preferences".........

this should be really interesting........"

Looks like you'll be waiting a while there Fabio

By *lagwifeinheelsCouple  over a year ago

colchester

Some of us don't meet couples, so what the feck does that mean in your Jeremy Corbyn swingers corner? Is there a term such as " couples phobic" Why can some people see offence where non is ever intended, and why do you think you can second guess, and presume, what others think! Have to say, why don't you meet men? Oh dear, I see you may need to re-write your profile to be slightly more "inclusive"! Any way I'm fucking bored now, that's 2 minutes of my life wasted!

in Lancashire

"This thread is laughable Appears we are being judged by the politically correct brigade.

it's about personal preference after all. If we all liked the same thing how dull it would be!

And I'm constantly messaged by men who don't meet my preferences so it proves most don't read anyway.

"

point of correction, as one of the often labelled 'pc brigade' (as well as pinko leftie, soft on crime do gooding tree hugging sandal wearing liberal) i have to distance myself from any association with how you describe the OP..

there is a vast difference between a racist comment on someone's profile and bigotry in the forums and what the OP is wrongly referring to (and others)..

its PREFERENCE, CHOICE etc ..

not rocket science

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"I've been sat here for about 5 minutes trying to figure out how you could possibly be offended by this

Nope?

Nobody at all?

Didn't think So.

This really has to be the biggest load of bollocks I've read on here lately. "

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

The people who say they won't meet someone who has met a black/asian person are racist.

Not the people who just don't fancy them themselves.

Wembley

It is not bigotry. It is a sexual preference. I don't meet single men, because I am not attracted to men. I state this on my profile. I do meet women and couples. Does that make me somehow anti-man? Please explain.If you where black, you may feel different. They have thousands of issues to deal with, without this- Imnagine if you had a black child, and it was shunned by others??

I was sent a message by a black man and because I almost always reply to messages, I replied 'no thanks, I'm not into black men' to which he replied 'YOU SHOULD POST IT ON YOUR PROFILE THEN AND SAVE OTHERS LIKE ME FROM WASTING A MESSAGE'......

so I did its not bigotry, it's a personal choice "

So the Einstein wasted yet another message

By *ongleggedfemaleWoman  over a year ago

Bucks

"This thread is laughable Appears we are being judged by the politically correct brigade.

point of correction, as one of the often labelled 'pc brigade' (as well as pinko leftie, soft on crime do gooding tree hugging sandal wearing liberal) i have to distance myself from any association with how you describe the OP..

there is a vast difference between a racist comment on someone's profile and bigotry in the forums and what the OP is wrongly referring to (and others)..

its PREFERENCE, CHOICE etc ..

not rocket science "

I don't think I'll be losing sleep over your distancing.

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

Frisky has never particularly been attracted to Asian guys. That covers the whole of Asia.

However the actions of a few guys from the Indian Subcontinent re-inforced that feeling.

First a guy tried to insert a couple of fingers as she stepped out of a hot tub.

Second, we were sitting at a table and Frisky was sitting next to a male friend who was having a bit of a fumble under the table. He left the table and a guy sits in his place and shoves his hand inside Frisky's knickers without saying a word.

Thirdly, a guy sits at our table and starts chatting. Nice enough, then he starts saying that's his mates have told him they get non stop sex at the club, yet he hadn't got any. We told him that his mates were exaggerating. No the people at the club are racist.

He asks Frisky what kind of guys she goes for. She says she likes black guys. So he then starts ranting that if she liked black cock she should like brown cock (his words).

He went on to tell her that she should go to a room with him to try brown cock...

We then politely asked him to leave us alone.

A short while ago a guy offered Frisky £40 to have sex with him. She said she wasn't a prostitute so he upped the offer to £50...

There have also been a couple of extremely fragrant guys and a few are grabs/pinches but then you get that from guys of all races.

This now means that the actions of a few have ruined any chances for Asian guys. I know we have only met a very tiny percentage of the Asian guys that swing but so far 100% of those interactions have been negative.

Then being asked why, when we have replied no to messages prompted us to put "No Asian guys" on our profile.

We don't intend to offend anyone but don't want to waste their time or ours...

Come on fab people initial post was a trolling post for reaction / move along nothing to see here

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

So when someone puts no men, or ladies only are they being sexist?

By *ickeyMan  over a year ago

Stroud

"still waiting for the OP to tell us the list of "acceptable preferences".........

this should be really interesting........"

I can see where you are going with this, but I am a choosy slut ... I like the person inside, it's not about skin colour, ethnicity, age, size or anything else ... it's if we click & there's an attraction ...

If we don't click then the rest goes out the window irrespective of what someone's original 'preferences' were..

Similarly, what if someone met someone they fancied the pants off who was not on their 'to do' list ... would they say NO I cant have you i'm not allowed to ... or would it be ... come on lets enjoy an amazing time together?!?

It is not bigotry. It is a sexual preference. I don't meet single men, because I am not attracted to men. I state this on my profile. I do meet women and couples. Does that make me somehow anti-man? Please explain.If you where black, you may feel different. They have thousands of issues to deal with, without this- Imnagine if you had a black child, and it was shunned by others??

so I did its not bigotry, it's a personal choice

So the Einstein wasted yet another message "

Yes... I had to block him to save him from sending any more wasted messages

Right!

So I take it by your rules we aren't allowed to put anything at all on our profiles then?

Sorry girls, all of you stating only hung men.....you're guilty of sizeism!

Nope I'm sorry, you're not allowed to state a preference, or a like/dislike! !!

In fact according to these poster's you'd just better shag absolutely everyone on here! "

By *rown1993Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

My opinion as an Asian on this matter is simple, if they don't want to meet me because I'm Asian, I don't want to meet them. I could he physically and mentally attracted to somebody but if they simply rule me out because of my ethnicity, you don't seem like the kind of person I want to associate myself with.

"My opinion as an Asian on this matter is simple, if they don't want to meet me because I'm Asian, I don't want to meet them. I could he physically and mentally attracted to somebody but if they simply rule me out because of my ethnicity, you don't seem like the kind of person I want to associate myself with."
yes too true its how you are as a person not creed colour etc to rule a asian black oriental latino etc on that basis says a lot about the people really xxx

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

It'll be a sad day for shagging,

if being pc,became more important,

than just shagging people you fancy.

If you can't get a shag,

it's not because your black,or white,

it's not because your big,or small,

It's not because your fat or thin.

It's not because your young,or old.

It's because,nobody can get near you for that chip on your shoulder.

"My opinion as an Asian on this matter is simple, if they don't want to meet me because I'm Asian, I don't want to meet them. I could he physically and mentally attracted to somebody but if they simply rule me out because of my ethnicity, you don't seem like the kind of person I want to associate myself with.yes too true its how you are as a person not creed colour etc to rule a asian black oriental latino etc on that basis says a lot about the people really xxx"

But various ethnicities have disticint physical characteristics

If you aren't attracted to those phenotypes ahy not just say it?

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

It's called personal choice...

Maybe it's not politically correct to have personal preferences in this day and age. But non the less that's all they are and it doesn't mean a person is racist or phobic.

If peoples personal choices on FAB are so offensive to you then maybe this isn't the place for you...

So is it wrong for people to put size 14 or less? That's sizest? Or gym fit only?

Genuinely? That's stereo typing as well surely? And heighest? Seen it loads unless your same height or taller than me no thanks.

If it was saying won't talk to a certain group because of ethnicity then that's race related, sex is such an intimate thing that people will have their likes and its best to let people know up front

If people say gym fit or under size 14 then we don't message them, saving us and them time, we don't get offended by it

Wembley

"My opinion as an Asian on this matter is simple, if they don't want to meet me because I'm Asian, I don't want to meet them. I could he physically and mentally attracted to somebody but if they simply rule me out because of my ethnicity, you don't seem like the kind of person I want to associate myself with."

You won't need to excercise your preference. Just saying

By *aGaGagging for itCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Our profile states an age range, that we don't meet single males. The male half of us won't engage in any bi play with another male, we look for good conversation and good social interaction, we have certain 'likes' that would put playmates at the top of the list (eg redheaded females). We have other dislikes, like cock pics, guys that are too proud of their cocks and gynaecological pics that would put playmates further down the list, if on it at all. We would seek playmates within a broad 'average' build; not overly skinny, overly toned, or overly large, we don't participate in certain play activities and therefore wouldn't play with others that insist on them. We don't play bareback etc etc. Us bigots? Guilty as charged!

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

Bigotry? Seriously?! Just because they know their own minds and preferences doesn't mean they're bigots.

If they are specifically racist then that's different. Not being attracted to someone isn't being racist.

London

I repeat, people being offended on my behalf when I don't give a fuck!

You are 100% right though: we have thousands of things to worry about, not being sexually attractive to someone is not one of them.

Most of the problems the world faces is due in part to people afraid of offending/people wanting to offend.

As a black woman I don't play with black men. I was married to a black man, he's the father of my children and even though we had a falling out (I met and moved in a new partner who is white, he's the only man I trust. Since the birth of our grandsons six weeks ago we've started talking.

My point is if I see something that doesn't include me sexually I don't feel offended. I'm a full time union official fighting injustice is my raison d'etre: my work rules and law doesn't apply here and I truly struggle to understand why people think sex is an equal opportunities activity.

As Fabio said: my body, my rules!

Wembley

You are 100% right though: we have thousands of things to worry about, not being sexually attractive to someone is not one of them.

Most of the problems the world faces is due in part to people afraid of offending/people wanting to offend.

As a black woman I don't play with black men. I was married to a black man, he's the father of my children and even though we had a falling out (I met and moved in a new partner who is white, he's the only man I trust. Since the birth of our grandsons six weeks ago we've started talking.

My point is if I see something that doesn't include me sexually I don't feel offended. I'm a full time union official fighting injustice is my raison d'etre: my work rules and law doesn't apply here and I truly struggle to understand why people think sex is an equal opportunities activity.

As Fabio said: my body, my rules! "

"equal opportunities activity"

Wisbech and A47 corridor

As Fabio said: my body, my rules! "

. The voice of reality .

I have meet Asian couples who said no Asian men on their profiles .

Their choice and their decision .

I can actually see why some do come across as being bigoted for expressing a preference. It's not necessarily what you say but the way that you say it.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I can actually see why some do come across as being bigoted for expressing a preference. It's not necessarily what you say but the way that you say it. "

100%

I'm sick to death of being told what I can and cannot write on our profile because a minority of people ASSUME people are bigots/racists for writing it. Surely the bigots are the ones for assuming everyone's preference is being racist.

"I can actually see why some do come across as being bigoted for expressing a preference. It's not necessarily what you say but the way that you say it. "

Definitely this

"

"

That's not really true is it?

As with a lot of things, it's the way it is said

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

Hmmmmmmm . So someone stating no smokers is offensive? Ok that's just so weird.

By *b coupleCouple  over a year ago

southampton

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

It's called personal preference. We don't like skinny guys or ginger guys. Or guys in skinny jeans lol

There are a lot of people who do not want to meet me. I don't think that there are bigots. there are lots of people I do not want to meet. I am not a bigot. why cannot some people just accept that and concentrate on those who like them rather than calling other people unnecessary names. everything is fine as long as nobody is abusive.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"A better question would be 'Is Fab's Lounge Forum a haven for bigots?'

To which the answer is obviously yes. Fortunately it's full of nice people too!"

(Wonders which category he's been placed in)

I disagree but even if I didn't, what the fuck has smoking got to do with your perceived _iew of racism?

"I understand the sentiment of your thread but sadly it will be shot down - mainly because we all make choices ion life and this site is but a tiny fragment of the population and therefore not to be taken as everyone's _iews - hope you see that He shouldn't- a polite 'no' would do. How would you feel if you went into a shop in France, and they had a sign saying ' No British'??"

I would say "bloody football fans"

London

Oh I agree! There are bigots no doubt and the way they express themselves makes it obvious.

My point is stating a preference in a "non offensive" way doesn't equate to bigotry.

Doncaster

"I can actually see why some do come across as being bigoted for expressing a preference. It's not necessarily what you say but the way that you say it.

Oh I agree! There are bigots no doubt and the way they express themselves makes it obvious.

My point is stating a preference in a "non offensive" way doesn't equate to bigotry. "

Though some still feel the need to interpret it as thus which says more about them than the person expressing their preference in the first place

In context of this thread, so by this she is old enough to have sex, I'd tell her that colour is only one of many reasons why someone wouldn't copulate with her.

Doncaster

You know OP bigotry is defined as an intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself.

You apparently have an intolerance towards people that state preferences on their profiles, because it's your opinion that they shouldn't, ergo you're demonstrating bigotry yourself

This site is full of people who cannot differentiate between preferences and discrimination.

I am happy to be open about my discrimination. I cannot stand people who tell me my preferences amount to discrimination.

Northern England

I can see where you are going with this, but I am a choosy slut ... I like the person inside, it's not about skin colour, ethnicity, age, size or anything else ... it's if we click & there's an attraction ...

If we don't click then the rest goes out the window irrespective of what someone's original 'preferences' were..

Similarly, what if someone met someone they fancied the pants off who was not on their 'to do' list ... would they say NO I cant have you i'm not allowed to ... or would it be ... come on lets enjoy an amazing time together?!?"

Not read all of the posts but enough to say what others have said already. If you put your preferences you have get accused of being a bigot and if you don't you get messages/friends invites from people you have no interest in as there's not enough filters to screen everyone. You're a male so don't have to read and answer 50-100 messages a day like some of the female and couples profiles do every day

Similarly, what if someone met someone they fancied the pants off who was not on their 'to do' list ... would they say NO I cant have you i'm not allowed to ... or would it be ... come on lets enjoy an amazing time together?!? "

Do you only respond to those who agree with you?

Go on, dare you to respond to those who question you!

"I can actually see why some do come across as being bigoted for expressing a preference. It's not necessarily what you say but the way that you say it.

My point is stating a preference in a "non offensive" way doesn't equate to bigotry. "

Impossible for me to rule out someone based on skin colour.

I find myself attracted to all kinds of people.

Doncaster

Similarly, what if someone met someone they fancied the pants off who was not on their 'to do' list ... would they say NO I cant have you i'm not allowed to ... or would it be ... come on lets enjoy an amazing time together?!?

Do you only respond to those who agree with you?

Go on, dare you to respond to those who question you!"

Evidently so but considering he doesn't know the difference in definitions between bigotry and prejudice his argument holds no weight anyway

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I see no bi men

And I think, cool I know they are not interested and I look elsewhere.

No wasted minutes crafting a message, no wasted minutes attaching pics, just no wasted minutes.

There has been zero impact on my self worth, self esteem and I am still fiercely proud of my sexuality.

And they just get on with their life and neither of us has any angst.

There will be angst if you allow it.

Doncaster

"I see no bi men

No wasted minutes crafting a message, no wasted minutes attaching pics, just no wasted minutes.

There has been zero impact on my self worth, self esteem and I am still fiercely proud of my sexuality.

"

The voice of reason as usual _iew

"I see no bi men

"

What?! You mean you're not offended? What is the world coming to

When are you starting your campaign against the blatantly discriminatory Black Mans Fan Club events?

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I see no bi men

What?! You mean you're not offended? What is the world coming to "

Nope I tried to muster up some indignation and mutterings about 'I wouldn't fancy them anyway' in a bleating whimpering fashion. But no, nothing happened.

I still an cool with it

"When are you starting your campaign against the blatantly discriminatory Black Mans Fan Club events?"

I think you'll find that it was set up to cater for specific preferences. No one is excluded from attending. My white husband has been and some single white guys attend. Where's the discrimination?

NO Asians

NO Bi / Bi Curious Men

NO Smokers

NO Blacks

NO Irish

NO Dogs

Big difference

A hotel stay isn't personal "

By *eanut Butter CupWoman  over a year ago

B & M Bargains

Everytime i read things such as "I take offence at that". I think well that's your own fault.

Doncaster

"Everytime i read things such as "I take offence at that". I think well that's your own fault."

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

I totally think it's about the language being used. People are either being lazy with how they write about their preferences .... or they are being deliberate. Such language reinforces certain types of people as second class citizens, and the language implies that if nothing else. I think preferences can be expressed in different ways. I wouldn't take offense at someone outlining their preferences in a more positive way.