FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Is what you do for a living important?

Is what you do for a living important?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As the title says. I see a lot of people on here who put on their profile professional looking for same. So you go to a swingers club or party maybe even a social and get talking with someone and get on well. Then you find that maybe they are a Building Labourer, Bin Collector/street cleaner. Postman ect. does that mean that because their job is not as high brow as a doctors lawyer CEO they are no longer worth talking to, and you will walk away?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah that thought has crossed my mind before. I mean it's not like a high paid lawyer is a better lover than a builder just because of his job.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

"As the title says. I see a lot of people on here who put on their profile professional looking for same. So you go to a swingers club or party maybe even a social and get talking with someone and get on well. Then you find that maybe they are a Building Labourer, Bin Collector/street cleaner. Postman ect. does that mean that because their job is not as high brow as a doctors lawyer CEO they are no longer worth talking to, and you will walk away?"

Abso-fuckin-lutely not

My thoughts exactly. But if I tell people what I do for a living they run a mile I find. Even though my job dosnt define me I think peoples perceptions of it put them off

A persons profession is a handy indicator of that persons calibre.

A professional person is likely to be at least fairly bright, and intelligence is an important character trait to me.

Obviously that is generalising but as with stereotypes it is often the case.

So does that mean that I would exclude some one that wasn't in a professional occupation, no not if they were articulate warm and funny.

"Professional looking for same" kind of winds me up, one of us has there own business, on has a degree from Cambridge, so what! It's another snobbish attitude prevalent on here x

Without wishing to sound a snob I think someone with a similar job, as in the intelligence required etc, would indicate perhaps they may be on a similar wave length regards to the social side. Obvs it doesn't affect ability in bed room but then it's not only about that is it, it's connecting with someone also.

That being said I have friends who earn plenty and are classed as intelligent education wise and also friends with low paid menial jobs. And I get on with them socially regardless.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

We have met PhDs, military officers, nurses, warehouse operators, pharmacists, erotic dancers etc.

It doesn't matter what they do, but it can often lead to interesting conversations.

"As the title says. I see a lot of people on here who put on their profile professional looking for same. So you go to a swingers club or party maybe even a social and get talking with someone and get on well. Then you find that maybe they are a Building Labourer, Bin Collector/street cleaner. Postman ect. does that mean that because their job is not as high brow as a doctors lawyer CEO they are no longer worth talking to, and you will walk away?"
oh yes I won't accept anyone beneath me even when riding

"A persons profession is a handy indicator of that persons calibre.

A professional person is likely to be at least fairly bright, and intelligence is an important character trait to me.

So does that mean that I would exclude some one that wasn't in a professional occupation, no not if they were articulate warm and funny. "

Unfortunately, there are some 'intelligent' people who believe that it makes them the better person!

Unless you are looking for a relationship, I'm not convinced intelligence makes any difference, as far as fab is concerned.

Personality and Hygiene are TOP priority for me, without either it would not bother, so their job/profession is not important

What I do is the only thing keeping society from breaking down into riots.

I'm at the lower end of the what people do for a living scale,my regular partners are way way above me. The sex is fantastic. I'd have sex with a bin man if he had a Dettol bath beforehand.

""Professional looking for same" kind of winds me up, one of us has there own business, on has a degree from Cambridge, so what! It's another snobbish attitude prevalent on here x"

This is the posting equivalent of having your cake and eating it. And why the devil not!

I think the rule of thumb is... if you don't know what words/ phrases on a profile mean... you're not compatible.

By *exy Man123Man  over a year ago

london

So does that mean that I would exclude some one that wasn't in a professional occupation, no not if they were articulate warm and funny. "

Like Me Xx

I do partner dancing I my spare time too. And After a lot of hard work I am now pretty good at it. Its amusing that so many people are shocked that a guy that does my job is actually a good dancer. So I always found it a little sad that in this country at least a job defines you. I am also pretty well read yet I have no formal qualifications. So people who talk to me have a hard time associating me with what I do to make a living. Hence the reason for this thread

[Removed by poster at 13/01/16 13:38:36]

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

Yes it does matter at time,s it,s very hard to talk and chat if your position in life are far from each other people you meet

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Couldn't give a flying fuck about what someone does for a living, how much money they have in the bank or what car they drive.

I am only having sex with them not marrying them

"Couldn't give a flying fuck about what someone does for a living, how much money they have in the bank or what car they drive.

I am only having sex with them not marrying them "

exact this

It never bothers me what people do for a living. I have met people from all walks of life. Provided they are friendly and there's an attraction I would chat or meet anyone.

People may think my job is fairly low down the food chain, but I would like to think I am a fairly intelligent and well rounded individual.

By *he horny kinkstersCouple  over a year ago

North West

That's what I love about naturism. It's a great leveller when you take away designer clothes and fancy jewellery.

But in answer to the original question, no, not at all. It's the people that count, not the job they do.

By *ofia2014Woman  over a year ago

Galashiels

I tend to find the more *professional* a person is the meet will be better. They tend to explore more and tend not to have 'cave man' sex...... and understand my level.

By *uessWhosBackAgainMan  over a year ago

London

"Couldn't give a flying fuck about what someone does for a living, how much money they have in the bank or what car they drive.

well said

Whatever a person does for a living doesn't bother me!

As long as he's clean and careful it doesn't matter

No really couldnt care less. I think its important to like what you do. But in terms of meeting it has no factor on whether i meet someone or not.....unless theyre a politian of course

[Removed by poster at 13/01/16 13:50:51]

By *ickawitchCouple  over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

I think it's very interesting when we meet people with different jobs and backgrounds - it in no way impacts my choice to have sex

By *atureandhornyCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

We're fed up with pilots, quantity surveyors and company directors

But we do expect the guy to be able to hold an intelligent conversation and pay his way.it's not all about the bedroom, for us anyway xx

By *iggles and BeardyCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Nope we're all equal once in a towel.

Exactly...!!!

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

I've still no idea what professional on a profile really means I just know it winds me up. What you do as a job has no bearing on shagging ability or what you may find attractive in a person so I don't personally see the connection in that and finding someone to have some fun with.

I'm not interested in what people do anyway. Never have done. I don't care if you're a doctor or a lawyer or a roadsweeper. No interest or relevance to me whatsoever. Not interested. I want to know what you're like as a human being. Not how you make your money.

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

exact this "

Ditto ...

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 13/01/16 15:53:10]

Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 13/01/16 15:53:15]

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Scrap all that!

No it doesn't matter what you do but people in the professions shouldn't have to be ashamed of mentioning that any more than those who aren't.

We don't really think to ask, to be honest. It may come out in conversation socially with people when we meet them but we avoid any conversation about jobs in any exchange of messages, and wouldn't think to ask at clubs and parties...it's irrelevant...still don't really know what some of our friends actually do...lol

If people are nice, friendly and sexy- couldn't give a monkeys what they do.

Bit shallow IMO if it does bother you.

By *razedcatMan  over a year ago

London / Herts

In my view, letting people know you're of a certain profession on here only helps in establishing if you have something in common with prospective play partners...its something to chat about.

Therefore, I think putting "professional" on ones profile is far too vague to achieve ones purpose. Judging by the way the term is often used, it implies that there's some sort of innate hierarchy of professions, when in reality, there really isn't.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I have shagged many, many men. I only knew the profession of about 1% of them. What someone does for a living doesn't interest me. What they'll do for me does.

I think that means they are looking for middle class respectful people

Not chavs

I've always thought of a job as a means of earning a living not a means of defining a person.

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

It depends on the context/use of the term professional. For sure some use it grandiose. Whilst others use it innocently because they're run of the mill professionals.

I personally couldn't give a fcuk about someone's job or should I say profession

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Never really been sure what 'professional' means in terms of someone's occupation. We've met people from all walks of life and with differing jobs, as long as they are decent, clean people and we are compatible sexually, that's all we ask. It is after all NSA sex. If you want to become 'regular' social friends, then I suppose you have to have something else in common.

I like people who can share stories and who have something to talk about. Could be from their job or their hobbies. Doesn't matter to me a single bit what they do - as long as we are able to connect one way or another. I'm not fussed.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Well said young man

By *callycatMan  over a year ago

Mid Wales

I'm a mountaineering instructor...I look down on everyone.

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

i'm a snob. Sorry

to my mind what a person does says so much about them as a person that its not something i can ignore. To the extent that i don't talk about what I do partly because I feel it makes me look bad.

i like intelligent people. Intelligent people tend to end up in good jobs.

all that being said its not a question I ask but if it comes out in conversation certain jobs will put me off.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

What someone does for a living is not one of my filters, being able to hold a conversation is.

So if you are on the same level as me then it matters not a jot!

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"i like intelligent people. Intelligent people tend to end up in good jobs."

I agree this tends to be how things pan out. But I've met some very intelligent HGV drivers, plumbers, security guards and so on in my time too

By *airof usCouple  over a year ago

dundalk

Rotflmbo Best answer yet

By *acavityMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"Yeah that thought has crossed my mind before. I mean it's not like a high paid lawyer is a better lover than a builder just because of his job. "

But a high paid lawyer screws people all the time

It depends. I don't have a requirement, but I find intelligent and ambitious people attractive and that often lends itself to some occupations more than others.

And I want someone with enough dosh to go halves on a decent hotel room with me.

Perfect answer. The connection needs to be there as a whole for me, both mentally and physically.

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

What job someone does is irrelevant to me. I judge someone by the messages we exchange as a level of whether we will go on. If anything profiles with professional in out me off. A street cleaner is professional at cleaning streets it means nothing to say you're a professional.

Saying all that I've had a couple of people decide not to meet me when my occupation comes up. Their loss

I don't care much for someone's job. I can usually tell from their pic's if I fancy them and after a few messages I can get a good measure of the type of person they are.

I've looked through and can't see. I'm nosey; what do you do? X

Considering I currently belong to the 1.86 million of unemployed adults in the UK, it would be rather hypocritical of me to require my meets to possess any particular career.

By *amantha45Woman  over a year ago

blackpool

I'm a nurse midwife and love my job

"What I do is the only thing keeping society from breaking down into riots. "

Wi-Fi maintenance engineer?

"I'm a nurse midwife and love my job "

I love my job too.

"i'm a snob. Sorry

to my mind what a person does says so much about them as a person that its not something i can ignore. To the extent that i don't talk about what I do partly because I feel it makes me look bad.

i like intelligent people. Intelligent people tend to end up in good jobs.

all that being said its not a question I ask but if it comes out in conversation certain jobs will put me off."

It's an indicator really.

If someone on fab said that their job was a car park attendant and it was the best job they'd ever had then it doesn't really inspire you to have a social with them.

If we were already chatting to someone and seemed to have a good connection (e.g. at a party) and then they said their job was painting the H on helipads, we'd carry on as before but probably not talk about work.

There are all sorts of reasons why someone might have a shit job or no job so it's not a deal breaker.

I've found online "professional" means office minion with no profession at all.

Doesn't matter one jot.

Infact, being partial to a 'bit o'ruff' I quite like those that make a profession out of job dodging and living on their wits

"What I do is the only thing keeping society from breaking down into riots.

Wi-Fi maintenance engineer? "

I need a connection. I normally get on with people with similar likes, interests, intelligence and background.

That normally means they have similar professional status.

So it's not the professional status I look for, but that has so far always been there.

"I've found online "professional" means office minion with no profession at all."

The grey men I mentioned on a thread recently. Like the average man who is average at everything and bores me senseless. That can happen with any profession though,so if someone is a good fuck but boring to talk to I don't let them talk

"I need a connection. I normally get on with people with similar likes, interests, intelligence and background.

That normally means they have similar professional status.

So it's not the professional status I look for, but that has so far always been there. "

Don't you get bored with the same old all the time? I like different backgrounds,differing levels of education etc. Diversity is the spice of life

By *exycouplemmmmCouple  over a year ago

Surrey

"Personality and Hygiene are TOP priority for me, without either it would not bother, so their job/profession is not important "

This!!! ??

"Considering I currently belong to the 1.86 million of unemployed adults in the UK, it would be rather hypocritical of me to require my meets to possess any particular career. "
p

You never know you may find your next job on here

No, if we got on well , there was an attraction - their profession wouldn't put us off. As someone else said, variety is the spice of life. A certain profession doesn't make you a better shag, if it did there would be a queue at the job centre applying for that type of job!

By *helbeeCouple  over a year ago

Nuneaton

To me it doesnt matter what job you do as long as the person works. I have passed 4 qualification s last August /sept an that shows im intelligent an whilst going through a divorce i have 2 computer qualification s an city n guilds in customer service

as well as 11 others.

I don't mind what job people do ... and formal education and qualifications means nothing if the person is boring as hell ... i look for character and kindness

"To me it doesnt matter what job you do as long as the person works. I have passed 4 qualification s last August /sept an that shows im intelligent an whilst going through a divorce i have 2 computer qualification s an city n guilds in customer service

as well as 11 others. "

You may not be interesting to talk to though. I know people with masters and doctorates who don't have much to say about anything. They know a lot about their chosen profession,but they don't excite my mind by what they say. I see/saw them for sex because they gave me what I wanted sexually at the time. They could have been shelf stackers and I would have got the same pleasure from their bodies.

I guess, like a lot of things, it means slightly different things to different people. My hunch is that for most of them they see it as a phrase that indicates they have working lives that make meet times more scarce, have what many would consider "good jobs" and value "quality" things. It may also be a way of indicating the type of people they want to meet with.

As many others have said on this thread though, at the end of the day it's about people and who you connect with. I like interesting people and it doesn't bother me what they do or where they come from. If they are attractive and sexy as well I am not going to complain!

Answer to op, no.

I work to live not the other way round

Nuneaton

"I don't mind what job people do ... and formal education and qualifications means nothing if the person is boring as hell ... i look for character and kindness "

i have a lot of knowledge, not boring as hell, an i get on with majority of guys, i know how to relate to people, as i answer the phone at work, delegate etc an liase with clients at work

Nuneaton

"To me it doesnt matter what job you do as long as the person works. I have passed 4 qualification s last August /sept an that shows im intelligent an whilst going through a divorce i have 2 computer qualification s an city n guilds in customer service

as well as 11 others.

You may not be interesting to talk to though. I know people with masters and doctorates who don't have much to say about anything. They know a lot about their chosen profession,but they don't excite my mind by what they say. I see/saw them for sex because they gave me what I wanted sexually at the time. They could have been shelf stackers and I would have got the same pleasure from their bodies. "

ive never had one guy yet who says im boring

an people who diss others qualification s are envious im proud of my qualifications, how about saying well done , i put a lot of effort in studying

an all whilst going through a nasty divorce!!!

it's not what someones does for a living thats important it's more about their communication skills, are they interesting to chat too, do they have entusiasm for live and positivity and pleasant personality, m x

Nuneaton

"it's not what someones does for a living thats important it's more about their communication skills, are they interesting to chat too, do they have entusiasm for live and positivity and pleasant personality, m x"

i agree

The funniest thing about this is all the people so huffy because it means they are excluded.

The only time I am put off by someone's profession is if they wear a uniform and presume I will want to meet them because of it.

Nuneaton

"The funniest thing about this is all the people so huffy because it means they are excluded. "

im a positive person an see negativity about my qualification s.just cause i took 4 last year im classed as boring mmm not so, i know how to communicate an relate to people on the phone an in person

i dont feel excluded at all

Never say what I do for a living, but if they ask I tell them,and when I say I get the same reply hundreds of times lol,

Just what exactly is a "proffesional person"?.

Too many people on here stuck up their own arses.!

as well as 11 others. "

Well done

When I started on the scene I was a part time shelve stacker, then a full time mobile cleaner. I've recently taken a demotion at work as I felt I'd jumped too soon into a management position, I'm back as a fully qualified professional cleaning supervisor.

Does that make me more or less attractive? I doubt it either way! Either way I have noticed on this site that it doesn't matter what you do for a living or write in a message as most prospective meets will judge your photos and profile text as to wether or not they will respond.

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I have been a department manager and I have cleaned toilets and swept floors . I'm still the exact same person no matter what Im doing to pay the bills and help support my family .

If people who wish to turn their nose up at me due to my employment then great! They are not really the kind of people I'd wish to associate with anyway .

What's great about this place is it enables me to meet people i wouldn't normally meet. I love the variety of backgrounds and jobs people do. As long as they are able to travel and afford to go halves on a hotel I'm not bothered what they do for a living....after all we aren't going to be spending our time together talking about work so it's largely irrelevant

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"Answer to op, no.

I work to live not the other way round "

Same here.

My job certainly doesn't define me.

I have a friend who has a doctorate in physics and he works as a customer adviser in B&Q. Says he's never been happier! And I used to work in a large engineering company who's fork lift truck driver was way more qualified than all the engineering managers put together! Never judge a book.....

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"When I started on the scene I was a part time shelve stacker, then a full time mobile cleaner. I've recently taken a demotion at work as I felt I'd jumped too soon into a management position, I'm back as a fully qualified professional cleaning supervisor.

Does that make me more or less attractive? I doubt it either way! Either way I have noticed on this site that it doesn't matter what you do for a living or write in a message as most prospective meets will judge your photos and profile text as to wether or not they will respond. "

I've shunned the management side where I work. Been offered it, but, I'm just not interested.

I'm happy doing what I do.

I have a physics degree....but it has never once come up in conversation regards arranging a meet...nor are most of my meets over the last year aware of the fact...I don't care, why should they?

If someone is so hung up on things like that then they are probably way too far up their own arse to be interesting.

Having said that, most of us aren't on here to find life partners...so why should it matter?

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"I have a friend who has a doctorate in physics and he works as a customer adviser in B&Q. Says he's never been happier! And I used to work in a large engineering company who's fork lift truck driver was way more qualified than all the engineering managers put together! Never judge a book....."

Exactly...

"I have a friend who has a doctorate in physics and he works as a customer adviser in B&Q. Says he's never been happier! And I used to work in a large engineering company who's fork lift truck driver was way more qualified than all the engineering managers put together! Never judge a book.....

Exactly... "

"I have a friend who has a doctorate in physics and he works as a customer adviser in B&Q. Says he's never been happier! And I used to work in a large engineering company who's fork lift truck driver was way more qualified than all the engineering managers put together! Never judge a book....."

Saying that one of my cleaning staff was a fully qualified accountant in her country but couldn't practice over here. People do what they can.

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"I have a physics degree....but it has never once come up in conversation regards arranging a meet...nor are most of my meets over the last year aware of the fact...I don't care, why should they?

If someone is so hung up on things like that then they are probably way too far up their own arse to be interesting.

Having said that, most of us aren't on here to find life partners...so why should it matter?"

It shouldn't matter when looking for a life partner either though, should it.

It's about the individual. What they're like as a human being.

Tells you all you need to know about someone if it does matter, doesn't it.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

A job just gives you the means to live.

I am over qualified for my current job but I enjoy doing it

..not once has anyone asked what we do for a living.

So no not important to me.

By *ieutenantMan  over a year ago

london

I am here to swing not to dive into people's profession.what has profession got to do with swinging?This is not a dating site.except if you are escort or prostitute .

"I have a physics degree....but it has never once come up in conversation regards arranging a meet...nor are most of my meets over the last year aware of the fact...I don't care, why should they?

Having said that, most of us aren't on here to find life partners...so why should it matter?

Tells you all you need to know about someone if it does matter, doesn't it. "

Try telling that to Jerry hall

To me that shows no ambition - big turn off

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I have a friend who has a doctorate in physics and he works as a customer adviser in B&Q. Says he's never been happier! And I used to work in a large engineering company who's fork lift truck driver was way more qualified than all the engineering managers put together! Never judge a book.....

To me that shows no ambition - big turn off"

No professional ambition. They probably have ambitions in other areas of life.

Really?? I hugly respect people that choose their happiness above ambition.... Work to live not live to work and all that

My profession and career is important to me because I worked jolly hard to get here. It absolutely has no influence or part of my Fab self.

Tells you all you need to know about someone if it does matter, doesn't it. "

If I was looking for a relationship then shared goals, ambition, lifestyle, level of education would certainly be important to me. I'm no gold digger, I've always earned around the same as my husband, but career is important to me and I wouldn't want to spend my life supporting someone else because they've got no aspiration to push themselves to achieve anything. So I'd never get into a relationship with someone who didn't have that.

Older Hot Bearded Guy

No professional ambition. They probably have ambitions in other areas of life."

Life isn't all about job status and salary.

Really?? I hugly respect people that choose their happiness above ambition.... Work to live not live to work and all that "

That's just a lazy excuse

Don't get me wrong you don't need to work 24/7 but need some get up and go is always good

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

exact this

Ditto ... "

How nice or decent a person is that matters to me. I've seen guys who belle fancied in a club talk themselves out of sex by being to cocky or mean.

"

It's not about status and salary - it's about pride, self developmet and ambition to do more

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Really?? I hugly respect people that choose their happiness above ambition.... Work to live not live to work and all that

Don't get me wrong you don't need to work 24/7 but need some get up and go is always good "

That's quite a narrow view of life. There is so much more to it than work and get up and go doesn't depend on working in my opinion.

id like to think my job is important - but only to certain people - as for being on same wavelength with folk you mee - some of our fab friends are doctors lecturers etc and others work in retail or clean for a living - as for me im a carer for dementia sufferers and wipe arses during my day - makes no odds to us one jot and not to them either

Don't get me wrong you don't need to work 24/7 but need some get up and go is always good

That's quite a narrow view of life. There is so much more to it than work and get up and go doesn't depend on working in my opinion."

Agreed. I spend almost 24/7 at my job, I love it but I would love to be able to just shut the door on it sometimes!! I'm very envious of people that can clock out and just forget about it!!

Ginger has a thing for men in uniform but other then that we don't bother asking what others do for a living....they could be a brickie, retail assistant, solicitor or doctor for all we care as what matters is whether they can string a sentence together look good with their clothes off and know what to do between the sheets. However if we found out they were an Mp then there would be a problem....got to have some standards

Forum Mod

East Sussex

That's quite a narrow view of life. There is so much more to it than work and get up and go doesn't depend on working in my opinion.

Agreed. I spend almost 24/7 at my job, I love it but I would love to be able to just shut the door on it sometimes!! I'm very envious of people that can clock out and just forget about it!!"

I semi retired a couple of years ago and although I work for a month or two here and there I don't particularly look forward to it although I enjoy it while I'm there.

Life has so much to offer, experience and enjoy and work is only one of those things.

Nuneaton

as well as 11 others.

Well done "

thanks

Nuneaton

What you do in a job is not important or status its petsonality for me shines through, not your status

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Part of what we like about swinging is meeting and chatting to those that we probably wouldn't normal cross paths with.

We've met a variety of people, what job they do has never been a deciding factor.

Most of the time, we won't know what they do, until we've met them.

"Part of what we like about swinging is meeting and chatting to those that we probably wouldn't normal cross paths with.

We've met a variety of people, what job they do has never been a deciding factor.

Most of the time, we won't know what they do, until we've met them.

"

Your right

The job isn't important - it's the attitude and personality

It's good to meet some one who's ambitious and wants to do lots with their life

In work and out

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I'm quite happy to work out for myself whether I'm likely to be compatable from messages. I have no interest in someomes occupation, yes it sometimes comes up in conversation and I know the occupation of the guys I know well. I've met people with very interesting careers but not known until afterwards.

For me nothing more off putting than someone going on about what they do for a living.

No it's not important to me, someone without qualifications can be just as smart as someone with, plus for me personality wins.

Me, I have 2 degrees in completely different fields, both boring in everyday conversation but I now spend more time at home with my family than at work...fingers crossed I'm not boring in conversation though.

Older Hot Bearded Guy

It's not about status and salary - it's about pride, self developmet and ambition to do more "

Yes. You can have pride, self-development and ambition in other areas of life, apart from work, as well.

I feel that going to a swingers club sort of 'levels the playing field', because once everyone is naked, we're all the same anyway.

"I feel that going to a swingers club sort of 'levels the playing field', because once everyone is naked, we're all the same anyway."

This is what I love about them too

Professional!? **scoff**

(goes to check profile just in case)

As my loving girlfriend often says, you can be intelligent in your line of work (she's a physicist) but it doesn't make you intelligent in other subjects.

By *utterflyandArtificeCouple  over a year ago

Trowbridge

"Professional couple" - they pay to be a couple?

What someone does for work does not define them. I have worked and lived on both sides of the railway tracks and I report that there are lovely people either side as well as the more despicable types.

That all being said people have a right to discriminate against what they perceive to be not of their liking when it comes to swinging. Preconceptions are very hard to change.

We on the otherhand will take someone at face value and can really be equal opportunity shaggers despite your socio-economic class, employment, etc. Obviously being shallow buggers a nice pair of boobs and/or a nice cock win out everytime.

X

I've read the whole thread with interest and some amusement. Some of the remarks made ,reminded me of my ex and several friends .to them money/job status was and is everything .I lost friends and the ex (no loss) ,when I decided 2 years ago to become self employed as a cleaner /carer. Was told didn't want to be friends with someone in a menial job.it didn't matter that finally I'm happy ,less stressed and have free time .all they cared about was my job title .yes it hurt but came to relises I don't need people like that in my life .

"Yeah that thought has crossed my mind before. I mean it's not like a high paid lawyer is a better lover than a builder just because of his job. "

I like people for them ,not what they do or earn x

Lol no, it woulnt matter what job someone got, it is not a job interview, it is just a fuck.

Here is something for you all to think about.

I (Mr) am a fairly intellectual person. More than enough qualifications, but suffer with mild dyslexia. I have worked in a few differant area's but for the last 4 1/2 years i have not worked. From a 1st impression i bet most people would comsider me a chav or something and all those people that say "professional, looking for similar would never talk to me let alone consider a meet with me.

But here is the kicker. I am a fully qualified network administrator, ex army, have nearly every driving licence known to man. Astronomy enthusiast, go to the gym when i can find the time, well i hope you get the picture.

Had those people met me 5 years ago then the whole situation would be completely differant.

But all those people care about is your job. They dont care that my life took a bit of a turn and now i'm a full time father to 3 beautiful kids, carer to 2 disabled people (1 is my youngest) and all around go to guy for everyone i know.

I am the same person as i was 5 years ago, but those people dont care.

The rest of you on here are awesome though

Love you all x

"Here is something for you all to think about.

I (Mr) am a fairly intellectual person. More than enough qualifications, but suffer with mild dyslexia. I have worked in a few differant area's but for the last 4 1/2 years i have not worked. From a 1st impression i bet most people would comsider me a chav or something and all those people that say "professional, looking for similar would never talk to me let alone consider a meet with me.

But here is the kicker. I am a fully qualified network administrator, ex army, have nearly every driving licence known to man. Astronomy enthusiast, go to the gym when i can find the time, well i hope you get the picture.

Had those people met me 5 years ago then the whole situation would be completely differant.

But all those people care about is your job. They dont care that my life took a bit of a turn and now i'm a full time father to 3 beautiful kids, carer to 2 disabled people (1 is my youngest) and all around go to guy for everyone i know.

I am the same person as i was 5 years ago, but those people dont care.

The rest of you on here are awesome though

Love you all x"

"As the title says. I see a lot of people on here who put on their profile professional looking for same. So you go to a swingers club or party maybe even a social and get talking with someone and get on well. Then you find that maybe they are a Building Labourer, Bin Collector/street cleaner. Postman ect. does that mean that because their job is not as high brow as a doctors lawyer CEO they are no longer worth talking to, and you will walk away?

Abso-fuckin-lutely not"

This

I like to see a person's c.v, portfolio and bank balance first and if it's up to scratch perhaps a 45 min phone interview regarding their five year upcoming projections and plans before I even consider getting naked with them.

Or maybe I don't care what they do to earn money

It's one of those anyhow

I don't just rock up to a club or someone's house, fuck until I cum, leave and never see them again.

Because I chat to people I get on with, because I meet the people i chat with, and because of the way I meet; through preference and practicalities, I meet those who normally fall into what some people would call "professional".

I don't see anyone saying that someone isn't good enough to fuck them. Or a certain job makes you better at moving your cock about.

But certain lifestyle makes different sorts of meets easier?

Who else could have met me at an international trade show in London Docklands apart from the person I arranged to meet? Was someone going to meet me in the car park there and give me a blowjob before security get there?

A preference isn't always a slight.

By *indys loverCouple  over a year ago

Stratford on avon

I'm not a wealthy man but the job I do is amongst one of the most important in the world , yet if most of you met me in my work clothes you would not want to shake my hand

If I didn't do my job, the place i work would get complaints from customers about what we do, so yeah my job is important. As much as the boss and my collegues who deal with the customers

By *quirrelMan  over a year ago

North Yorks

I don't really know if what I do is important, I know its necessary but the complaints I get from some of my clients/customers for doing my job properly aren't exactly complimentary. I teach, age range 11 to 70+. I stopped working full time in a school in 2009 and now work supply, both in secondary as a D&T teacher and in a technical college teaching engineering to apprentices and school leavers. But looking at the state of the country and the lack of government support for manufacturing, I might be teaching them something they will never be able to use.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I don't just rock up to a club or someone's house, fuck until I cum, leave and never see them again.

Because I chat to people I get on with, because I meet the people i chat with, and because of the way I meet; through preference and practicalities, I meet those who normally fall into what some people would call "professional".

I don't see anyone saying that someone isn't good enough to fuck them. Or a certain job makes you better at moving your cock about.

But certain lifestyle makes different sorts of meets easier?

Who else could have met me at an international trade show in London Docklands apart from the person I arranged to meet? Was someone going to meet me in the car park there and give me a blowjob before security get there?

A preference isn't always a slight. "

A preference is never a slight...the way some people express their preferences are intended as slights though and some people feel slighted by anyone who has different preferences or lifestyles than their own.

I'm not sure why people are so concerned about the way other people describe themselves or choose to play.

Or maybe they just feel that having worked hard for their qualifications, and worked equally hard in their chosen fields, they don feel challenged or that they have no need to prove anything!

"If I didn't do my job, the place i work would get complaints from customers about what we do, so yeah my job is important. As much as the boss and my collegues who deal with the customers "

And the cleaners who ensure you have a clean and tidy workplace!

Was at a club yesterday as part of a couple, had a bit of group fun and had no idea what anyone did for a living. But the guy we invited for a more intimate Mmf was someone we got chatting to at the bar who had a similar profession/lifestyle a us, we chatted and got on really well and it was him over others who we chose to play with. Everyone has preferences and I believe they should be respected.

"If I didn't do my job, the place i work would get complaints from customers about what we do, so yeah my job is important. As much as the boss and my collegues who deal with the customers

And the cleaners who ensure you have a clean and tidy workplace! "

Or to quote a teacher at a school I cleaned in years ago when a parent made a nasty remark about cleaners .if the cleaners didn't do their jobs ,she couldn't do her job .also just because someone cleans doesn't make them less important or a lesser person than say a doctor or md. It's the people that judge people by their job titles or status who have the problem .

By *aeriequeenWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

I never ask and rarely tell as I'm not interested particularly. I don't want to talk about work anyway. It's all the other bits I want to know

By *awtymarkyMan  over a year ago

chester

Makes a new meaning of "friends with benefits"

wonder of you would get a swinging discount or maybe some free advice or help lol

Well as some have asked I am actually a Street Cleaner Have been for 9 years. before that I worked in a bank before redundancy and grabbed the first job I could that payed the bills

"I'm not a wealthy man but the job I do is amongst one of the most important in the world , yet if most of you met me in my work clothes you would not want to shake my hand "

Bin Man?

No I keep the streets clean of dumped stuff litter leaves ect ect. Not glam but gives me a hell of a insight to my fellow man

"Well as some have asked I am actually a Street Cleaner Have been for 9 years. before that I worked in a bank before redundancy and grabbed the first job I could that payed the bills

"

well I've never er known street cleaners to on strike but I know what happened when the bin men did.

I wonder what state we would be in if our streets weren't cleaned for 6 months.

Some people forget that without the people some consider to!have menial jobs they would find it very difficult to live their lives.

Who would serve them in restaurants

Who would put the food on the shelves in the supermarket

Who would clean all the public areas and serve them in shops.

"No I keep the streets clean of dumped stuff litter leaves ect ect. Not glam but gives me a hell of a insight to my fellow man"

Sorry That was for someone else - Who posted that thry do the most important job but no one would shake their hand - I asked if they were a bin man

By *hloe sussexTV/TS  over a year ago

Larne

Astronaut xx

"Well as some have asked I am actually a Street Cleaner Have been for 9 years. before that I worked in a bank before redundancy and grabbed the first job I could that payed the bills

well I've never er known street cleaners to on strike but I know what happened when the bin men did.

Some people forget that without the people some consider to!have menial jobs they would find it very difficult to live their lives.

Who would clean all the public areas and serve them in shops. "

Isn't that what immigration is supposedly for?

"Was at a club yesterday as part of a couple, had a bit of group fun and had no idea what anyone did for a living. But the guy we invited for a more intimate Mmf was someone we got chatting to at the bar who had a similar profession/lifestyle a us, we chatted and got on really well and it was him over others who we chose to play with.

***Everyone has preferences and I believe they should be respected.***

"

Isn't that what immigration is supposedly for?"

are you saying immigrants arnt people? It doesn't matter what bloody nationality someone is the job is still being done

Isn't that what immigration is supposedly for?are you saying immigrants arnt people? It doesn't matter what bloody nationality someone is the job is still being done"

No - I mean they are people who will do the menial jobs

Otherwise what's the point of letting them in?

Isn't that what immigration is supposedly for?"

or maybe the next time you see your "immigrant* doctor, consultant, dentist, lawyer don't forget to tell them they should be doing a menial job and not saving lives.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Isn't that what immigration is supposedly for?are you saying immigrants arnt people? It doesn't matter what bloody nationality someone is the job is still being done

Otherwise what's the point of letting them in?"

Well the governor of the Bank of England is Canadian I believe.

Never said all immigrants do menial jobs just that menial jobs are for immigrants

They are allowed to do other jobs as well

"No I keep the streets clean of dumped stuff litter leaves ect ect. Not glam but gives me a hell of a insight to my fellow man"

Fair play to you

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Never said all immigrants do menial jobs just that menial jobs are for immigrants

"

But it isn't so. Firstly ALL work is honourable. Secondly all jobs are or should be open to anybody with the qualifications to do them.

Isn't that what immigration is supposedly for?are you saying immigrants arnt people? It doesn't matter what bloody nationality someone is the job is still being done

Otherwise what's the point of letting them in?"

I'd rather spend time with someone who takes pride in and has the ambition to do what might be considered a "menial" job to the best of their abilities than someone who looks down on them for what they consider to be the status it affords them...

"Never said all immigrants do menial jobs just that menial jobs are for immigrants

But it isn't so. Firstly ALL work is honourable. Secondly all jobs are or should be open to anybody with the qualifications to do them.

"

Not sure where you live

But in the south east

Every taxi driver is Asian

Ever waitress is EE

Every delivery driver is Balck

Etc

English people don't do menial jobs - they are either enemployed / on benefits or middle class and professional workers

Just is - not that it's right or wrong - just is

I'd rather spend time with someone who takes pride in and has the ambition to do what might be considered a "menial" job to the best of their abilities than someone who looks down on them for what they consider to be the status it affords them..."

Never said there was no value - just the type of people who do it

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"

...and I bet it keeps you a damn sight fitter than sitting on your arse all day in the average 'office job'.

Healthy living!

Unfortunately some people are shallow/judge mental and some just couldn't give a monkeys what people do for work.

I've never met a lawyer but I do know a rather sexy builder

Older Hot Bearded Guy

I'd rather spend time with someone who takes pride in and has the ambition to do what might be considered a "menial" job to the best of their abilities than someone who looks down on them for what they consider to be the status it affords them..."

Sounds like you've met my brother-in-law. He judges people solely on what they do for a living and how much they earn. Every conversation he has centres around this. He's even admitted it.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Not sure where you live

But in the south east

Ever waitress is EE

Etc

English people don't do menial jobs - they are either enemployed / on benefits or middle class and professional workers

Just is - not that it's right or wrong - just is"

I live in the south east. A white British woman delivered my Amazon parcel this morning and the guy who served my coffee in Starbucks is British too.

I'd rather spend time with someone who takes pride in and has the ambition to do what might be considered a "menial" job to the best of their abilities than someone who looks down on them for what they consider to be the status it affords them...

Never said there was no value - just the type of people who do it "

That you look down on? because that's pretty much how you're coming across right now...

Not sure where you live

But in the south east

Ever waitress is EE

Etc

I live in the south east. A white British woman delivered my Amazon parcel this morning and the guy who served my coffee in Starbucks is British too. "

You wouldn't last long as a fish. You take bait very easily!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Not sure where you live

But in the south east

Ever waitress is EE

Etc

I live in the south east. A white British woman delivered my Amazon parcel this morning and the guy who served my coffee in Starbucks is British too.

You wouldn't last long as a fish. You take bait very easily!"

Oh well.

Really?????? Do you actually think that? Words somewhat fail me

"Really?????? Do you actually think that? Words somewhat fail me

"

Apparently the quote button did as well...

Thanks everyone for entering the debate your answers have been very enlightening

No.

"The funniest thing about this is all the people so huffy because it means they are excluded.

im a positive person an see negativity about my qualification s.just cause i took 4 last year im classed as boring mmm not so, i know how to communicate an relate to people on the phone an in person

i dont feel excluded at all "

Let me rephrase what I said as I wasn't meaning that I thought you were boring. I meant that having qualifications or a particular profession doesn't mean everyone will find someone interesting or be attracted to them. I'm sorry you thought I was being personal.