FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Punching above one's own weight

Punching above one's own weight

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Am I the only guy who won't message certain women on here because they are well out of their league? Don't get me wrong I am a very confident person and I don't have a problem handling myself in the bedroom but some women on here are far to good looking to warrant a message, would be blown over if they messaged me though, but I certainly would attempt to initiate the conversation.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Am I the only guy who won't message certain women on here because they are well out of their league? Don't get me wrong I am a very confident person and I don't have a problem handling myself in the bedroom but some women on here are far to good looking to warrant a message, would be blown over if they messaged me though, but I certainly would attempt to initiate the conversation."

I have come to the conclusion that women aren't as hung up on looks as some guys are.

There are loads of guys who message my wife who are polite,intelligent and funny

They are the ones she will message back.

Btw,I think she's out of my league and we have been together for 9 years ( after meeting on the Internet)

Message women, you never know

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

As long as you fit what their profile says they are looking for, send them a message. The worst that will happen is they'll say no/ignore you/block you, which basically means you won't meet. That's the same outcome as if you don't message.

However, if you're outside their age range, don't have the body type they say they are looking for or live farther away than they're willing to consider, for example, respect their preferences and don't message.

I get messages from a lot of guys who don't fit what I'm looking for. They say I can't blame them for trying but actually, I can! I took time writing my profile for a reason and I think anyone ignoring it is rude.

I do the pub test before I message someone new and ask myself if I think we'd talk to one another propped up at a bar.

By *reedy_for_funCouple  over a year ago

My House

We feel exactly the same way about certain guys. We've actually had messages from real hunks and have ended up thinking "why are they messaging me, they can't be that desperate surely?"

But to try answer your question, we've met quite a few couples (and ladies) at clubs where she's (and he) a real stunner. Some have been genuinely nice and open and we've been lucky to play with some of them. Some have been so full of themselves we wouldn't, as my husband likes to say, piss on them if they were on fire. You also read some profiles on here where they only want to 'meet similar' but that's their right. But if you don't try to punch above your weight, how will you ever know?

By *olarfoxMan  over a year ago

North Cambs

"Am I the only guy who won't message certain women on here because they are well out of their league? Don't get me wrong I am a very confident person and I don't have a problem handling myself in the bedroom but some women on here are far to good looking to warrant a message, would be blown over if they messaged me though, but I certainly would attempt to initiate the conversation."

I reckon I regularly punch well above my weight on here - both in terms of looks and age!

Moral of the story is , he who dares wins

I will message anyone, But normally I only message relating to their status update or something forum related anyway

By *lackburn_guyMan  over a year ago

Blackburn

"I do the pub test before I message someone new and ask myself if I think we'd talk to one another propped up at a bar. "

I do the same.....most of the time lol

There are no leagues, the only leagues are in your mind. People like all sorts for various reasons. To put yourself down like that betrays a lack of confidence

I will message if I like the look of the profile whether I think they will reply is another matter but as above...if you don't try you won't know...

I defo try to punch well above my own perception of my weight and let me tell you lads persistence sometimes pays off big time. Some of those gorgeous ladies genuinely do like a mature guy.

I've had messages from men that I would never have got in touch with because I wouldn't have thought they'd be interested in me but we've met and had a really good time.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

So the people you do message are less than very good looking?

I don't go with the "punching above your weight" thing but I won't message if someone is looking for toned/muscled as while not in bad shape I don't tick those boxes. I also check who they have met and see if they have met people similar to me.

I don't care if I think a guy is out of my league. The nicest guys I've met have been the super hot ones. They're not as pushy and needy as the less attractive men

By *ormalguy71Man  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

I do not message some ladies/couples on here. Yes I look at them and am blown away so would very very rarely message.

In answer to the other poster, no the people I meet for sex I would have to find attractive, but there are different levels of attractiveness

By *llebWoman  over a year ago

Poulton Le Fylde

I don't think it's punching above your weight, as a previous comment says, it's all about looking at the profile to see if you fit what they are looking for .

Of course we all have ideals and preferences, just because you're not in that 'preference' does not make you any less of a person.

No leagues.. Just preferences

By *reamyBlackBullMan  over a year ago

Bath

Dude you lack confidence, there are plenty of things you can use to make up for difference in attractiveness, life is full of such examples. Everyone's and individual and not everyone will think the same as some of the people you've met. Besides there's no levels or weight to begin with just people.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I do not message some ladies/couples on here. Yes I look at them and am blown away so would very very rarely message.

In answer to the other poster, no the people I meet for sex I would have to find attractive, but there are different levels of attractiveness "

Yes there are but I always think that saying you would never message someone who you feel is better than you in some way is faintly insulting to those you choose to message.

"As long as you fit what their profile says they are looking for, send them a message. The worst that will happen is they'll say no/ignore you/block you, which basically means you won't meet. That's the same outcome as if you don't message.

However, if you're outside their age range, don't have the body type they say they are looking for or live farther away than they're willing to consider, for example, respect their preferences and don't message.

I get messages from a lot of guys who don't fit what I'm looking for. They say I can't blame them for trying but actually, I can! I took time writing my profile for a reason and I think anyone ignoring it is rude."

I personally don't think that attraction comes in "levels" or "leagues." People are attracted to different things, that don't necessarily relate to their own looks.

-Courtney

There are no leagues. Only preferences and types. I;ve never looked at anyone and thought they were out of my league, I;ve looked t plenty where I'm pretty certain that I wouldn't be their type

many many women punch above their weight on here but because they are in a position to do so ,I can sympathise with a guy who would not consider this option because purely based on numbers your chances would be much less but for me most women put personality before looks trouble is they don't get to see your personality until they meet you ,so an attractive women is really a difficult kettle of fish on here

By *ola.Woman  over a year ago

Just where I need to be.

If you fit their preferences from a profile just send a message. I do. You never know unless you try. I just message who I find interestingly and like their pictures.

The problem is getting your profile right on here that's the key in selling yourself, unfortunately I'm not blessed with a 6 pack and the looks of Brad Pitt so I have to rely on my boyish charm and wit to get me noticed but unfortunately that is difficult to do that in words

"The problem is getting your profile right on here that's the key in selling yourself, unfortunately I'm not blessed with a 6 pack and the looks of Brad Pitt so I have to rely on my boyish charm and wit to get me noticed but unfortunately that is difficult to do that in words "
humour is good and good pics and when messaging always use their profile as your guide and always send a smiling face pic

"No leagues.. Just preferences "

League tables always were a failure. Have to be regularly monitored by external forces...spot inspections cause so much grief. Good communication or block....next.

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

I stopped worrying about this kind of thing a long time ago.

The other person will either find you attractive or not. How attractive you may think you are or how you see yourself will have no bearing on that.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I won't message or meet anyone that I don't think would be attracted to me in the real world, I have had messages off some truly gorgeous guys that I know wouldn't give me the time of day normally

"There are no leagues, the only leagues are in your mind. People like all sorts for various reasons. To put yourself down like that betrays a lack of confidence "

Don't agree I think it's just being realistic

I know the type of guy I attract in a pub I also know the type of guy who has no interest in me if I were in a pub, that's not lacking confidence that's just being observant and if I see a guy in here who fits into the second group I would never mail him

If I thought someone was out of my league I wouldn't enjoy the experience because I'd be worrying all the time that I wasn't up to scratch...I'd rather have someone my own age and similar attractiveness to feel comfortable. Guess that's quite different to the way guys think as I know James would love to see me with an Adonis! Dawn

It boils down to perceptions. ...how you percieve yourself and how you perceive others view you. That's it and how we choose upon those two issues govern most if what we do or achieve on a day to month to month basis.

No, but I have heard that women would wonder why someone who is fit contacted them lol.

Not something that concerns me. If i like the look of someone I'll message them. The way i see it is there's nothing to lose and everything to gain

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I'm out of my own league

"I'm out of my own league "

Best way to be

By *inzi LTV/TS  over a year ago

The Garden of Eden in Beautiful North Wales

Don't knock yourself, there are plenty of ladies on here that would love to meet you and if they pass you by their loss, your obviously the better person. As someone has mentioned about the pub test, though I'd prefer the Supermarket test myself. Just be polite, nobody wants to know you wanna shove your cock in their ear!

If I see a pic that attracts my attention, I will tell them so and why.... that's how I found my lover, by being me and being honest.

By *xyzptlk088Man  over a year ago

Galway

what you may deem to be out of your league others may not it's all about opinions and opinions are like arseholes everyone has one and they're mostly full of shit.

I often shy away from hot guys.. I assume they haven't read my profile and don't realise I'm big.. My own fault, my photos are at an angle and they don't see the full me

I don't believe there is such a thing......and absolutely sure there isn't given some of the meets I had on previous profile.

I did have guys asking "how did you manage to meet.........whoever? Because they had obviously been knocked back.

Particularly two ladies (now off the site but still in my phone lol!) who I was basically being asked to "arrange" meets by some guys....thankfully there is a block button...I ain't no pimp!

Galway

"I often shy away from hot guys.. I assume they haven't read my profile and don't realise I'm big.. My own fault, my photos are at an angle and they don't see the full me"

I could pretty much guarantee you would find a lot more (hot) guys messaging you if they could see the full you,facially you are quite beautiful but people tend to bypass the (hidden) photos as they assume there is something to hide.(made sense in my head )

So you only punch below your weight?

"I often shy away from hot guys.. I assume they haven't read my profile and don't realise I'm big.. My own fault, my photos are at an angle and they don't see the full me

I could pretty much guarantee you would find a lot more (hot) guys messaging you if they could see the full you,facially you are quite beautiful but people tend to bypass the (hidden) photos as they assume there is something to hide.(made sense in my head )"

Lol my giant ass is hiding.. Not got the confidence for body shots I'm afraid

"I often shy away from hot guys.. I assume they haven't read my profile and don't realise I'm big.. My own fault, my photos are at an angle and they don't see the full me

I could pretty much guarantee you would find a lot more (hot) guys messaging you if they could see the full you,facially you are quite beautiful but people tend to bypass the (hidden) photos as they assume there is something to hide.(made sense in my head )

Lol my giant ass is hiding.. Not got the confidence for body shots I'm afraid"

Who says "hot" guys are not allowed to appreciate the larger/curvy lady?

"So you only punch below your weight? "

I purposefully aviod anyone that even gives an inkling they are doing this.

"As long as you fit what their profile says they are looking for, send them a message. The worst that will happen is they'll say no/ignore you/block you, which basically means you won't meet. That's the same outcome as if you don't message.

I get messages from a lot of guys who don't fit what I'm looking for. They say I can't blame them for trying but actually, I can! I took time writing my profile for a reason and I think anyone ignoring it is rude."

Exactly this!

By *xbanana2Man  over a year ago

addlestone

I punched above my weight about 4years ago on another site similar to this ,still together. It can be done.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"So you only punch below your weight?

I purposefully aviod anyone that even gives an inkling they are doing this. "

Us too. This whole league and punching above and below weight thing implies to me that people have not only a low opinion of themselves but of everyone they meet and select people to contact on those grounds.

I want to meet people that I find really attractive and I firmly believe I deserve no less.

"Am I the only guy who won't message certain women on here because they are well out of their league?"

I used to think that way.

Until I got a face pic message from someone who was gorgeous who wanted to chat some more.

It's not that I now suddenly think I'm amazingly good looking (I'm not) but I just appreciate that attractions are unpredictable, so just be yourself in your profile, your pics, on the forums and in your messages.

Us too. This whole league and punching above and below weight thing implies to me that people have not only a low opinion of themselves but of everyone they meet and select people to contact on those grounds.

I want to meet people that I find really attractive and I firmly believe I deserve no less. "

Yep. Wholeheartedly this. I Don't want to be someone's safe option....i want to be their choice because they find me attractive not because they can't do any better!

Without thinking about 'leagues' attempting conversation can be difficult so I can see where you're coming from.

Lot's of good comments though, people are all attracted to different things, life is full of surprises

By *inzi LTV/TS  over a year ago

The Garden of Eden in Beautiful North Wales

"I punched above my weight about 4years ago on another site similar to this ,still together. It can be done. "

So did I about 10 months ago and now I have a beautiful tgirlfriend. We live 100 miles apart but I'm looking forward to the day we can be together....

January 30th, only for the evening but that's just fine by me.

Honestly I do kinda think like this. But it is NOT an insult to those I do message and meet. Just because I don't think they're out of my league doesn't mean that I don't find them very attractive, it is just a different thing from knowing someone else wouldn't give you a second look in the real world and therefore not wanting to go there. There is a difference and you can tell.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Honestly I do kinda think like this. But it is NOT an insult to those I do message and meet. Just because I don't think they're out of my league doesn't mean that I don't find them very attractive, it is just a different thing from knowing someone else wouldn't give you a second look in the real world and therefore not wanting to go there. There is a difference and you can tell. "

I sort of understand what you're saying. I'm pretty much aware of who wouldn't want to meet me/us and wouldn't contact them because there would be no point but I don't see it as them being better or worse than me which is what the league thing implies.

"I do not message some ladies/couples on here. Yes I look at them and am blown away so would very very rarely message.

In answer to the other poster, no the people I meet for sex I would have to find attractive, but there are different levels of attractiveness

Yes there are but I always think that saying you would never message someone who you feel is better than you in some way is faintly insulting to those you choose to message. "

Yes this is the way the OP made me feel when he was chatting all nice to me then when he wanted a picture made me feel I wasn't good enough your not my type, so obviously I'm below in his league.

Way I see it I'm good enough for anyone should they choose to meet me if they don't well there loss.

"Honestly I do kinda think like this. But it is NOT an insult to those I do message and meet. Just because I don't think they're out of my league doesn't mean that I don't find them very attractive, it is just a different thing from knowing someone else wouldn't give you a second look in the real world and therefore not wanting to go there. There is a difference and you can tell.

I sort of understand what you're saying. I'm pretty much aware of who wouldn't want to meet me/us and wouldn't contact them because there would be no point but I don't see it as them being better or worse than me which is what the league thing implies."

No of course they are not a better person than me - but yes they can be higher than me in the generic attractiveness scale. Which is what I mean by leagues.

It made me wonder if those he does message should be offended upon reading this?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Honestly I do kinda think like this. But it is NOT an insult to those I do message and meet. Just because I don't think they're out of my league doesn't mean that I don't find them very attractive, it is just a different thing from knowing someone else wouldn't give you a second look in the real world and therefore not wanting to go there. There is a difference and you can tell.

I sort of understand what you're saying. I'm pretty much aware of who wouldn't want to meet me/us and wouldn't contact them because there would be no point but I don't see it as them being better or worse than me which is what the league thing implies.

No of course they are not a better person than me - but yes they can be higher than me in the generic attractiveness scale. Which is what I mean by leagues."

So you feel you know what they will find attractive?

No of course they are not a better person than me - but yes they can be higher than me in the generic attractiveness scale. Which is what I mean by leagues.

So you feel you know what they will find attractive?"

Yup, and I've always been right. The only times I've ignored that gut instinct and thought I'd give it a shot is the times when I've been stood up or cancelled at short notice for the kind of person they actually wanted to meet. I don't ignore the gut instinct any more.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yup, and I've always been right. The only times I've ignored that gut instinct and thought I'd give it a shot is the times when I've been stood up or cancelled at short notice for the kind of person they actually wanted to meet. I don't ignore the gut instinct any more. "

Fair enough

It made me wonder if those he does message should be offended upon reading this?"

Well as one of those women he did msg for a day or two and then say 'not my type' on seeing a picture too yeah I'm offended but then also relieved lol

It made me wonder if those he does message should be offended upon reading this?

Well as one of those women he did msg for a day or two and then say 'not my type' on seeing a picture too yeah I'm offended but then also relieved lol"

Thought so

All of my friends/hotlist are "out of my league" but it's good to aim high it keeps me on my toes so to speak

I have "punched above my weight" with the 2 Women I have met on here and most of the Women I have been with all my life, But like I said it's good to aim high

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"All of my friends/hotlist are "out of my league" but it's good to aim high it keeps me on my toes so to speak

I have "punched above my weight" with the 2 Women I have met on here and most of the Women I have been with all my life, But like I said it's good to aim high "

So by default you expect or hope that they will aim low?

"All of my friends/hotlist are "out of my league" but it's good to aim high it keeps me on my toes so to speak

I have "punched above my weight" with the 2 Women I have met on here and most of the Women I have been with all my life, But like I said it's good to aim high

So by default you expect or hope that they will aim low?"

I wouldn't expect but I would hope/like them to find something about me that they find interesting/attractive

I want to meet people that I find really attractive and I firmly believe I deserve no less. "

It's a fine line though and can often come across a arrogance. ..and when there is a sniff of that I'll walk on by. If there's arrogance in a profile or forum it'll definately raise it's head in a meet.

Tunbridge Wells

There are ladies on this thread I would deem as out of my league

Yup, and I've always been right. The only times I've ignored that gut instinct and thought I'd give it a shot is the times when I've been stood up or cancelled at short notice for the kind of person they actually wanted to meet. I don't ignore the gut instinct any more. "

Rule of thumb...listen to your gut feeling and go by it.

"There are ladies on this thread I would deem as out of my league "

No such thing drop one a message and see what happens. Attraction is not linear people just seem to dfine it that way xx

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I want to meet people that I find really attractive and I firmly believe I deserve no less.

It's a fine line though and can often come across a arrogance. ..and when there is a sniff of that I'll walk on by. If there's arrogance in a profile or forum it'll definately raise it's head in a meet."

What can come across as arrogance?

There are Premier League members I'd ogle, but wouldn't message: I think I'm more Northern Conference....

But then, on the same principle as the FA Cup, anything could happen!

Tunbridge Wells

"There are ladies on this thread I would deem as out of my league

No such thing drop one a message and see what happens. Attraction is not linear people just seem to dfine it that way xx"

I guess with me it comes down to confidence, I'm aware there are much better looking guys on here, so if I see someone say who I would deem premier league stunning then no very rarely would I make contact first.

That does not mean I do not meet or talk to attractive people, I have to be attracted to meet, but there are just some that are a different league

No such thing drop one a message and see what happens. Attraction is not linear people just seem to dfine it that way xx

I guess with me it comes down to confidence, I'm aware there are much better looking guys on here, so if I see someone say who I would deem premier league stunning then no very rarely would I make contact first.

That does not mean I do not meet or talk to attractive people, I have to be attracted to meet, but there are just some that are a different league "

What i mean to say is there defintion of league could well be very different to yours x

Tunbridge Wells

That does not mean I do not meet or talk to attractive people, I have to be attracted to meet, but there are just some that are a different league

What i mean to say is there defintion of league could well be very different to yours x"

No I fully understand hence why I say for me it's usually confidence that stops me messaging first, that and not knowing what to say other than the usual wow your stunning x

What i mean to say is there defintion of league could well be very different to yours x

No I fully understand hence why I say for me it's usually confidence that stops me messaging first, that and not knowing what to say other than the usual wow your stunning x"

I get that... i will let you into a secret... some of us females are shit at messaging too

"

No I fully understand hence why I say for me it's usually confidence that stops me messaging first, that and not knowing what to say other than the usual wow your stunning x"

Tunbridge Wells

No I fully understand hence why I say for me it's usually confidence that stops me messaging first, that and not knowing what to say other than the usual wow your stunning x

I get that... i will let you into a secret... some of us females are shit at messaging too "

Add that to the fact you see women saying they get 100s of mail it adds to it meaning shit now I've got to try and sell myself to someone who gets so much mail and that's enough to put me off.

In honesty I chat via message to a couple of ladies here as friends but rarely message anyone. Find going to a club easier to meet someone x

I get that... i will let you into a secret... some of us females are shit at messaging too

Add that to the fact you see women saying they get 100s of mail it adds to it meaning shit now I've got to try and sell myself to someone who gets so much mail and that's enough to put me off.

In honesty I chat via message to a couple of ladies here as friends but rarely message anyone. Find going to a club easier to meet someone x"

Well i wouldnt know im not one of those girls apart from face pic friday i often hit double figures then

Hope you get that confidence boost soon you seem like a nice fella

Forum Mod

East Sussex

In honesty I chat via message to a couple of ladies here as friends but rarely message anyone. Find going to a club easier to meet someone x

Well i wouldnt know im not one of those girls apart from face pic friday i often hit double figures then

Hope you get that confidence boost soon you seem like a nice fella "

We never get hundreds of messages, it rarely reaches double figures

Tunbridge Wells

Hope you get that confidence boost soon you seem like a nice fella "

Bless you, that's nice if you to say. I do believe we have exchanged pics on a Friday before

Well the guys up north must be bloody mad is all I can say

There's more to me that makes me messaging someone hard for me just not sure I'm quite ready to share that on an open forum yet lol x

"Well i wouldnt know im not one of those girls apart from face pic friday i often hit double figures then

We never get hundreds of messages, it rarely reaches double figures "

Not just me then. I blame these forums distracting people from their duties of worship towards me

Bless you, that's nice if you to say. I do believe we have exchanged pics on a Friday before

Well the guys up north must be bloody mad is all I can say

There's more to me that makes me messaging someone hard for me just not sure I'm quite ready to share that on an open forum yet lol x"

Well your welcome in my inbox anytime

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Well i wouldnt know im not one of those girls apart from face pic friday i often hit double figures then

Not just me then. I blame these forums distracting people from their duties of worship towards me "

If what we have read this evening is true the fewer messages you get the higher up the league table you must be

Tunbridge Wells

Not just me then. I blame these forums distracting people from their duties of worship towards me

If what we have read this evening is true the fewer messages you get the higher up the league table you must be "

If what we have read this evening is true the fewer messages you get the higher up the league table you must be "

OKcupid did a study on this and they found men approach women they find attractive but think no-one else will find attractive, as they feel this ups their chances of meeting.

I guess on here, add in the sexual element and men probably approach 'goers' or people they think will fuck them. You can see this in the 'name who you fancy/hotlist/wanna fuck' topics, people only ever mention those they know are into them so they won't be embarrassed about being rejected, hardly anyone names a random person.

I also remember there's been studies on chatting up people (before the internet age) and it was found that the men who had most success were the ones that just went for it, chatted up anyone they fancied coz it works. They weren't necessarily the best looking blokes either, just confident.

I do believe there are leagues, or layers of attractiveness. I do think there are standards of beauty and status. I also know people are individuals with their own thoughts on what is attractive and what isn't, which is why having leagues (and expecting people to 'stick to their own kind') doesn't work.

By *aeriequeenWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

Im here purely for fun. Therefore of course I'll try and meet guys that are potentially out of my league. I dont care if they knock me back or ignore my wink or fab. Sometimes it will work sometimes it won't. Gotta aim for the stars!

By *estinysswingersCouple  over a year ago

Worsley

So what kind of women wouldn't you message? The ones who look like they have stepped out of a Victoria secrets mag?

That explains why i don't get any messages

I'm not one for the pebbledash approach but I don't understand why you wouldn't message someone (that you fancy) if you had read their profile and thought you might fit their criteria?

Ohhh never thought of that *flicks hair claudia shiffer stylie and wiggles theougj forms*

Ffs cant be arsed re typing that lol zx

Who says "hot" guys are not allowed to appreciate the larger/curvy lady?"

I have some lovely and really handsome men contact me and I am a larger lady.

I used to think similar to you about why would they want to meet me, but then I realised they chose to contact me so they must have seen something they liked.

Have confidence in yourself gorgeous girl.

I get that... i will let you into a secret... some of us females are shit at messaging too "

I've noticed in some replies, yet the majority seem to insist on specially worded, funny, articulate messages so that they 'stand out' from the masses. I'd say many get total bs as the guy over sells.

But in general women will say 5 to 6x as many words than a man in a day....so there's irony in the requests. I find it off putting and skip those who insist in it.

Who says "hot" guys are not allowed to appreciate the larger/curvy lady?

I have some lovely and really handsome men contact me and I am a larger lady.

I used to think similar to you about why would they want to meet me, but then I realised they chose to contact me so they must have seen something they liked.

Have confidence in yourself gorgeous girl. "

...yes well said...oh keep it quiet but my experience is that you also have a higher libido. ??

If what we have read this evening is true the fewer messages you get the higher up the league table you must be

That explains why i don't get any messages "

Mmmmm...still waiting. ..4 months later lol. Must be the type in this area though ad I have had messages but they're all from England or Cork ffs.

I've noticed in some replies, yet the majority seem to insist on specially worded, funny, articulate messages so that they 'stand out' from the masses. I'd say many get total bs as the guy over sells.

But in general women will say 5 to 6x as many words than a man in a day....so there's irony in the requests. I find it off putting and skip those who insist in it."

Ah i just say make it slightly longer than 'hi' on mine. X

Galway

The adage of beauty being in the eye of the beholder is very true,I consider myself to be quite below average in looks but I have been with some ladies who I and others would consider quite beautiful,they often tell me not to sell myself short as they find me attractive,I guess what I am saying is that we will only know our true beauty through the eyes of others and this can only happen if we allow ourselves to be seen.

By *picyminxWoman  over a year ago

Huntingdon

I feel the same but the other way round. I very rarely message first

Punching above your weight.

Really what a load of crap in my honest opinion, there is no such thing.

If your attracted to someone message them its the only way to find out if they may be attracted to you.

Its no all about looks.

Its not all about endowment.

Its not all about attitude.

Its about just being yourself, amd playing the cards your dealt.

I think anyway.

I'm almost at the point now where I don't think 'leagues' matter. Attraction can't be measured. One person may be considered attractive by 1,000 people yet I won't find them attractive.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm almost at the point now where I don't think 'leagues' matter. Attraction can't be measured. One person may be considered attractive by 1,000 people yet I won't find them attractive.

"

I agree with that

"Am I the only guy who won't message certain women on here because they are well out of their league? Don't get me wrong I am a very confident person and I don't have a problem handling myself in the bedroom but some women on here are far to good looking to warrant a message, would be blown over if they messaged me though, but I certainly would attempt to initiate the conversation.

Punching above your weight.

Really what a load of crap in my honest opinion, there is no such thing.

If your attracted to someone message them its the only way to find out if they may be attracted to you.

Its no all about looks.

Its not all about endowment.

Its not all about attitude.

Its about just being yourself, amd playing the cards your dealt.

I think anyway."

I think so too

There are some stunning looking women on here....and i might comment on their pixs sometimes...but no...I would not message them on a serious level. My life experience has lead me to believe....and it is a generalisation not true to all....that very attractive people can be get very lazy...relying on it to get through life....that people like their attractiveness and they count on it on a first impression basis. That said..I have met women that are very attractive that struggle to get dates...or decent guys...becuase the guys only see and chase that attractiveness...but see nothing else. We live in a vain world.

For me there has to be something there for me to sleep with them a mix of physical attraction and how you get along counts of it's going to be a regular thing

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

I know my place.

"There are some stunning looking women on here....and i might comment on their pixs sometimes...but no...I would not message them on a serious level. My life experience has lead me to believe....and it is a generalisation not true to all....that very attractive people can be get very lazy...relying on it to get through life....that people like their attractiveness and they count on it on a first impression basis. That said..I have met women that are very attractive that struggle to get dates...or decent guys...becuase the guys only see and chase that attractiveness...but see nothing else. We live in a vain world."

Oh gosh, that is pessimistic. The last line makes me sad.

-Courtney

By *atNFabGirlWoman  over a year ago

D15

Lol my giant ass is hiding.. Not got the confidence for body shots I'm afraid"

Definitely put the whole you out there!!!!! you will be surprised who loves it! and truthfully those are the people who you want to meet.

I often (we call it in America Outpunt our Coverage (see American Football)) enjoy much younger and super hot guys. But it depends on what Im looking for. I like like the charm, I love geeks, I love guys I wont break in half when I climb on top. etc.

Go For it... Get in the Arena!

I get really shy when I see the profile of a ridiculously attractive guy! I never know what to say!

Nobody is out of anybody's league. It's all about perception.

"I get really shy when I see the profile of a ridiculously attractive guy! I never know what to say!"

Hi.

I noticed your profile.....

I'm not an attractive person but. It's about more than just looks - need to have a connection beyond that, intelligence more than makes up for it.

Look many women on here punch above their weight but can only go so far with it

"Look many women on here punch above their weight but can only go so far with it "

Yeah....i won't travel further than 30 mins drive.

"Look many women on here punch above their weight but can only go so far with it

Yeah....i won't travel further than 30 mins drive."

you can punch above any weight you're beautiful was talking about the others

"Look many women on here punch above their weight but can only go so far with it

Yeah....i won't travel further than 30 mins drive.you can punch above any weight you're beautiful was talking about the others "

oh and you were obviously talking historically

There is someone for everyone, you need to be relistic and look around.

No harm in trying, as they might be looking for a bit of rough

"I often shy away from hot guys.. I assume they haven't read my profile and don't realise I'm big.. My own fault, my photos are at an angle and they don't see the full me"

Such a shame you make that assumption

This is so me!

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

This is so me! "

Juicy your profile pics make you look like a size 8!

teleford

"I get really shy when I see the profile of a ridiculously attractive guy! I never know what to say!"

Just say hello. I will always reply.

"There are no leagues, the only leagues are in your mind. People like all sorts for various reasons. To put yourself down like that betrays a lack of confidence

Don't agree I think it's just being realistic

I know the type of guy I attract in a pub I also know the type of guy who has no interest in me if I were in a pub, that's not lacking confidence that's just being observant and if I see a guy in here who fits into the second group I would never mail him"

The same reason I didn't contact you when I lived in Stourbridge

By *eliciouslyNastyMan  over a year ago

London

I always punch above my weight, but never out of my category.

This is so me!

Juicy your profile pics make you look like a size 8! "

Don't be silly.

I certainly get where the OP is coming from. Some days I look at my wife and think similar.

I shy away from messaging anyone i find appealing.

Simply because ive had very insulting replies about my size, or how dare i look at thier profile, as ive got no chance.

Kind of puts you off.

teleford

This is so me!

Don't be silly. "

I'll admit I'm more than a little shallow, I don't carry an extra pounds myself so I am not attracted to ladies above size 14. I would never believe you are a size 18 from your pics.

But in general women will say 5 to 6x as many words than a man in a day....so there's irony in the requests. I find it off putting and skip those who insist in it.

Ah i just say make it slightly longer than 'hi' on mine. X"

I can't. ..age restricted lol.

Another very common restriction is age 45...A magical number..but I think its a reflection the majority of the age group of women on here.

"Am I the only guy who won't message certain women on here because they are well out of their league? Don't get me wrong I am a very confident person and I don't have a problem handling myself in the bedroom but some women on here are far to good looking to warrant a message, would be blown over if they messaged me though, but I certainly would attempt to initiate the conversation.

I feel the same but the other way round. I very rarely message first "

I'm waiting

This is so me!

Don't be silly.

I'll admit I'm more than a little shallow, I don't carry an extra pounds myself so I am not attracted to ladies above size 14. I would never believe you are a size 18 from your pics. "

Thing is a dress size can come in many different shapes, we all carry out weight differently.

teleford

I try never to insult anyone about their size, we all have our own standards as to what we find attractive. Finding delicate ways to decline is, with the exception of getting an offer in the first place, probably the trickiest part of this lifestyle.

teleford

This is so me!

Agr

Don't be silly.

I'll admit I'm more than a little shallow, I don't carry an extra pounds myself so I am not attracted to ladies above size 14. I would never believe you are a size 18 from your pics.

Thing is a dress size can come in many different shapes, we all carry out weight differently. "

Agreed, dress sizes and pics are little to go on, much better to meet socially and see the reality. Fancy meeting for a coffee sometime...

teleford

Is that a no?

By *nfamyMan  over a year ago

Goole

Ask Peter Crouch if it works

» Add a new message to this topic