FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Cloud or external hdd

Cloud or external hdd

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So do you guys and gals store your pics on an external hdd or use a cloud service.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So do you guys and gals store your pics on an external hdd or use a cloud service."

I would never use a cloud service.

By *ohnjones3210Man  over a year ago

Chester

Cloud service?!?! Wow! No chance!

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

External hard drive in a password protected folder. Would never use cloud storage for them.

Never trust cloud services as all it takes is one person to break down the security and that's it good by all privacy

I wouldn't dream of even setting up a cloud account.

Buy a hhd,can't hack something physically in your hand & plugged in at your command.

"I wouldn't dream of even setting up a cloud account.

Buy a hhd,can't hack something physically in your hand & plugged in at your command.

"

Can't you? Isn't a cloud drive essentially a hard drive or do they actually store things in a cloud in the sky? The only way a hard disk is secure is if it's unplugged. Even then if your house is broken into you've lost it all and some other fuck wit has it. And password hacks are there if someone really wanted to hack it.

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Depends on the amount of photos and their importance. As a pro photographer (male half) I import to an internal drive and external drive at the same time; these are then backed up to the cloud automatically. Currently around 2TB

No point having all my images at home if the house burns down or is broken in to. All the data on the cloud back up is encrypted.

By *onesal20Couple  over a year ago

North East England

More likely to have your HD stolen as MS OneDrive being hacked and your private pics being published

By *aneSmith5TV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne area

I store any my photos etc. in an encrypted form, then can be stored on any device.

"I wouldn't dream of even setting up a cloud account.

Can't you? Isn't a cloud drive essentially a hard drive or do they actually store things in a cloud in the sky? The only way a hard disk is secure is if it's unplugged. Even then if your house is broken into you've lost it all and some other fuck wit has it. And password hacks are there if someone really wanted to hack it. "

Haha, the cloud is just a bunch of servers belonging to other people.

So rather than store in your own drive- you store on someone else's drive. So yes you're right.

For business it's quite expensive unless you're a big company.

For the private user, who won't pay, I guess ms and apple are trying to draw you into their world. Otherwise why would they shell out on something free for users?

"So do you guys and gals store your pics on an external hdd or use a cloud service."
mine are on both x

By *razedcatMan  over a year ago

London / Herts

Sensitive stuff stays on a personal hard drive.

However, in case of catastrophe, other things (like university work and holiday photos) goes to the cloud.

Hackers can read my essays and jerk off to me, I don't care XD

By *aked_ShenanigansCouple  over a year ago

nearby

I have a host franchise so my data is on a private server. I would use a cloud if I didn't though!

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

kent

You can have your own personal cloud which is what we use.

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple  over a year ago

North Manchester

"More likely to have your HD stolen as MS OneDrive being hacked and your private pics being published"

Good answer, people fear what they don understand. One Drive in particular is very secure.

By *uny1122Man  over a year ago

longeton

I don't care bcz I only take my dick pics ,if any body want to use no problem

"Depends on the amount of photos and their importance. As a pro photographer (male half) I import to an internal drive and external drive at the same time; these are then backed up to the cloud automatically. Currently around 2TB

No point having all my images at home if the house burns down or is broken in to. All the data on the cloud back up is encrypted. "

I do see your point but as most homes do have an alarm these days and I do have a small fire safe for docs I'd safe safer at home than floating around the Internet.

I don't store... Problem solved

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

I guess it is a mix then to answer your question.

But why are you asking? As the topic has gone to security.

A hard drive (external, or built-in) is only ever going to be truly secure if it isn't connected to the Internet.

Once it is, then it runs the risk in the same way a cloud service has that risk. Though you can then weigh up how secure is your pc versus the security that is offered by your hosting company.

If you choose to have your pics stored off the Internet or network, then you have to consider your back up options. Cloud and hosting companies give you that peace of mind. But locally stored you have to consider if you were to lose that data, fire etcetera.

One thing I would say is that people do worry about their photos getting stolen. And in this day and age, there must be so many dick, pussy, fucking pictures that they would be a drop in the ocean and probably more exciting if they were on the end of a celebrity or someone famous (if there are any Shakira Shakira pics, then we are all eyes haha). So with that in mind, consider the options that are right for you.

I keep pics to a minimum. One less thing to be concerned about.

"Cloud Service" is tech speak for "Somebody elses computer".

By *helbeeCouple  over a year ago

Nuneaton

External as i back mine up in case my computer goes wrong etc plus i dont trust virtual cloud storage due to hackers etc ie anonymous as hackers are very clever now a days,at least if i have my pics on an external hd i know where they are. In my possession not stored in cloud, you cant be too carefull with those type of pics or where they end up

The part that people keep missing here is unless the photos are stored on a hard drive/flash drive that is never ever connected to a computer that is connected to the Internet then they are kinda safe. But should a you have a fire or someone robs your house (a fire proof safe is only good to a certain heat and will the hd be able to withstand. And alarm was not stop people taking before getting out) or a hatdware failure then you'll always run the risk of losing all your information.

Nothing is 100% safe that's been proven, I'm not sure why people are so scared of their swinging photos going public as many people have published on here and we don't know how safe these servers are do we?

"External as i back mine up in case my computer goes wrong etc plus i dont trust virtual cloud storage due to hackers etc ie anonymous as hackers are very clever now a days,at least if i have my pics on an external hd i know where they are. In my possession not stored in cloud, you cant be too carefull with those type of pics or where they end up

"

apart from the 24 public photos on the fab servers?

If people post their photos on any swingers site then surely uploading them to a Cloud Server isn't any riskier.

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"If people post their photos on any swingers site then surely uploading them to a Cloud Server isn't any riskier."

And this is a good point. Because effectively anyone who says they would never put their photos in the cloud and have pictures on fab is doing exactly that!

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

"I don't store... Problem solved "

Same, i dont store either

"I don't store... Problem solved

Same, i dont store either"

Pretty sure you do.

Or you just pull pics on Ur profile from thin air?

Clouds are always pissing... no chance!!

» Add a new message to this topic